Benq w1500 calibration questions - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-20-2020, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Benq w1500 calibration questions

HI,

Working on a new to me Benq W1500 using the Spears and Munsil HD Benchmark 2nd edition Bluray calibration disk, setting the contrast via their test pattern, I cannot get even close to what the pattern is supposed to look like. You are supposed to be able to delineate white bars across about 12 different shades of white but the projector seems to only do about 3 or 4 before completely washing out the white. Additionally, at least according to the disk write up, the center white line should not bloom and I cannot replicate this as well, the white blooms no matter how low I set the contrast levels. Using my best judgement I end up with a contrast value of 29 (out of 100) and a brightness level of 58. However, using these setting and calibrating the other setting with the same disk, I end up with a picture that seems dark with black levels that seem to crush blacks together rather than showing subtlety in black object presentation.

I must be doing something wrong.

This is hard to describe and not sure that pictures can do it justice. Anyone familiar with setting contract and brightness offer an help here? I would sincerely appreciate it.

I have a new lamp on order (figure it could an older lamp and thus that could be the issues??) but thought I would see if the forum might be able to offer up some help.

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page