Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-25-2020, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Which WOW, BluRay or DVD?

Absolute beginner here, so please use 8th grade reading level english. lol I have an Epson 5050ub, Dalite HC gray 1.1 screen non batcave room. Ceiling is white, walls are tan and viewing is primarily HD cable tv and Amazon streaming after dark and ambient light is well controlled. I need to start somewhere and am thinking the Disney WOW is a good place to start. Will the $40 dvd version be ok or do I need the Bluray version? Other recommendations would be greatly appreciated, please keep it at the "dummie" level. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-25-2020, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Blu ray, or 4k blu ray if your player supports 4k. Your projector is too good for dvd and regular bluray (and streaming services). The 4k disc will test your system.
And from one tan home theater owner to another i will tell you a secret. The best upgrade i ever made was to paint my ceiling black. I went through 15 years with a white ceiling before i “trialed” black. The trial lasted one day and then i was completely sold. Room looks much better than i thought it would and it doubled the picture quality by absorbing the light bouncing around the room (mostly screen reflections).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page