Question about choosing the best color calibrator and matching 3 monitors. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-29-2020, 07:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question about choosing the best color calibrator and matching 3 monitors.

I do gaming, content consumption, and non-professional but enthusiast level video and photo editing on my dual display setup on my windows computer (two different brands). And I am often working on the same content on my MacBook Pro as well. All 3 displays look wildly different in terms of white balance and I want to calibrate them all to adhere to color standards so I can stop worrying and fiddling once and for all.

So far everyone ive asked as recommended the X-rite i1 Display Pro. As “the best” colorimeter. Around $210 it fits my budget. Apparently its the fastest longest lasting calibration and does the fastest calibrations which is nice if im going to do it often. The plus model has features I dont need.

There is also the main competitor, Spyder? But it feels like the consensus is that the i1Display Pro is superior and gives better and faster calibration than the Spyder line? Is this true?

Also most recommendations say to ditch first party apps and just use DisplayCal. Does display call let you match multiple monitors after calibrating the first monitor? And overall, are cool calibrators able to match multiple monitors of different makes in general? I am not looking for like final form Hollywood level accuracy between the monitors, I just want to make them almost perfectly the same, and not the strong different color casts/hues I see between them now.

edit:would be cool to calibrate my TV as well.... but that would just be an added bonus though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page