ISF Calibrators, where are you located? Please post here! - Page 156 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 359Likes

post #4651 of 4676 Old 01-05-2020, 06:58 AM
umr
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthprater View Post
Looking for ISF video (JVC X790R) and also Audio (7.4.4) calibration in Louisiana, as well as a room treatment analysis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can be there in late February. Please go to my website for more information. www.accucalav.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4652 of 4676 Old 01-05-2020, 11:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Looking for a calibrator in Dubai

Hi all,

First time on this forum as a registered user...been reading it for ages.

Am looking for an ISF calibrator in Dubai to come set my tv right. I've tried to eye ball it to the best of my ability with patterns but still seems off. Any leads would be appreciated.
post #4653 of 4676 Old 01-06-2020, 05:09 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 3779 Post(s)
Liked: 2179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post
As I said, I was just in Houston and will be back again later in the year. Have a few customers out the that want yearly calibration refresh. Craig Rounds comes out there to and does a great job with projectors.
I can vouch for Craig Rounds. I saw Craig's G90 in his home and it was probably the best calibrated CRT that I have ever seen. Both he and Kris are two of the most knowledgeable people I have met in the AV industry.

Having fun playing the new mobile game Volley Village
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4654 of 4676 Old 01-07-2020, 01:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Any ISF calibrators in the Northern VA/DC/MD area? Looking to calibrate my Epson 5040ub fairly soon. Thanks.
post #4655 of 4676 Old 01-08-2020, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 96
I'm in the Portland, Oregon area. Looking to have a JVC DLA-NX7 and a Sony X950G better fine-tuned.

Or can anyone share thoughts and experience with NorthWest Video Calibrations?

M. Enois Duarte
High-Def Digest
post #4656 of 4676 Old 01-08-2020, 08:54 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Looking for ISF calibration in Omaha NE on my Epson 5050ub. Any traveling guys here in the next few months? Bulb will be broken in within a week or two.

Might have you work on my sound system as well.
post #4657 of 4676 Old 01-09-2020, 05:09 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Calibration in central NJ for a Samsung Q80

Looking to get my tv calibrated but not sure where to go. Not sure if Best Buy will get me the best results, but they are cheap.
post #4658 of 4676 Old 01-09-2020, 09:11 AM
umr
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by promtber View Post
Looking to get my tv calibrated but not sure where to go. Not sure if Best Buy will get me the best results, but they are cheap.
I have never seen a Best Buy video calibration that was worth anything. I would look elsewhere. I would attempt something yourself if you want cheap. It would likely be no worse than Best Buy.
post #4659 of 4676 Old 01-10-2020, 10:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 324 Post(s)
Quoted: 1545 Post(s)
Liked: 1847
Quote:
Originally Posted by kput View Post
Looking for ISF calibration in Omaha NE on my Epson 5050ub. Any traveling guys here in the next few months? Bulb will be broken in within a week or two.

Might have you work on my sound system as well.
I'm always in Omaha.

Ponderosa Theater
High Impact AV
- ISF Level III Video Calibrator, THX-HAA HT3 Audio Designer/Calibrator
post #4660 of 4676 Old 01-11-2020, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by umr View Post
I have availability there in June. More info on my audio and video services are on my website along with my pricing.

I am looking to have a calibration and am located in Hoboken, NJ, across the river from NYC. Are you available still?
post #4661 of 4676 Old 01-11-2020, 12:43 PM
umr
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulin Shah View Post
I am looking to have a calibration and am located in Hoboken, NJ, across the river from NYC. Are you available still?

I have no availability in June at this time. I do on my last trip to that area in October. I will be retiring in December.

post #4662 of 4676 Old 01-11-2020, 03:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looking for TV calibration service Central valley California

Anyone who can calibrate my LG C9 65"
post #4663 of 4676 Old 01-13-2020, 04:49 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked: 138
LG C9 Calibration

Hello Long Island New York ISF Calibrators. I'm wanting to have an LG C9 calibrated. Anyone ready, willing and able please call me 516-608-9712. Thank you. Hal

Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X
post #4664 of 4676 Old 01-14-2020, 02:37 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal250 View Post
Hello Long Island New York ISF Calibrators. I'm wanting to have an LG C9 calibrated. Anyone ready, willing and able please call me 516-608-9712. Thank you. Hal
Kevin Miller can assist you on LI.

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
President, Lion Audio Video Consultants Inc.
post #4665 of 4676 Old 01-14-2020, 05:20 PM
ISF Level III Certified

Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal250 View Post
@Gregg Loewen

NO! He *WONT*. I called and emailed him numerous times with no response.

This because he *UNINTENTIONALLY* "F uped" my Samsung KS9800 by having his klein colorimeter come into direct contact with the screen, which caused a *PERMANENT* burn in.

I have Samsung service paperwork as *proof* to support my assertion!

Because I realize it was unintentional, I reached out to Kevin via phone and email, only to ask for a "discount" on a subsequent calibration to a new set (LG C9) I purchased as replacement.

KEVIN HAS NOT RESPONDED.

I talked to Joel Silver who spoke to Kevin on my behalf. Paraphrasing, "Kevin is no longer doing consumer calibration but has moved on to post production work."

Moreover, IMO Kevin does a "very good" job but is capable of "better".

BETTER is what I'm wanting and willing to pay for!!!

EDIT: Frankly and IMO Kevin "owes me" and should calibrate my new set for free.
Sorry you're going through this. Wish I still lived in North Jersey.
hal250 likes this.

ISF Level III Certified Display Calibrator - Los Angeles
Advanced Visual Systems & Calibration
[email protected]
post #4666 of 4676 Old 01-14-2020, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 42
South Florida anyone?

Video
Sony A9G OLED plus Panasonic 9000 Blu Ray

Audio
Anthem AVM60, ARC Genesis

Sony A9g OLED, Panasonic UB9000 4K Blu Ray, 7.2 with Thiel Power Points, twin Seaton Submersive F2's. D-Sonic Amp, Anthem AVM60, Richard Grey Power, Control 4 Home Automation, QNAP 423, Roku, Audioquest Cinnamon HDMI cables
post #4667 of 4676 Old 01-15-2020, 09:36 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by promtber View Post
Kevin Miller may cover your area. Give him a shout at [email protected]

AVPro Edge/Murideo Training and Education
ISF certified in 2008, Level II in 2010, Level III in 2017
ISF instructor certified since 2012
[email protected]
Serving Florida
post #4668 of 4676 Old 01-15-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiorgio View Post
South Florida anyone?

Video
Sony A9G OLED plus Panasonic 9000 Blu Ray

Audio
Anthem AVM60, ARC Genesis
PM sent!

[email protected]
Serving Florida
post #4669 of 4676 Old 01-15-2020, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan201 View Post
Sorry you're going through this. Wish I still lived in North Jersey.
Hal,

I re-calibrated your Samsung 65KS9800 for an extremely reasonable price, three years after the original calibration. I spent a lot of time on a full recalibration of the Day and Night modes for SDR and on the HDR. The picture looked quite good. You were quite happy as I recall.

Then some days later you call me to tell me that you had a couple of dead pixels, and you were distressed that the peak light output that I measured in HDR mode was only about 1/2 of the specified 1500 Nits that Samsung rated the TV for on Peak Luminance. You called me incessantly for days asking me to call my contacts at Samsung about these issues to see what they could do for you. I did go to bat for you with my contacts at Samsung, but not surprisingly they couldn’t do anything for you. It seems like you were able to get them to compensate you on your own. You should be happy that Samsung did that out of warranty, likely for the reasons I stated above.

I'm not sure what you did to your screen but it certainly was not caused by the rubber surround on my Klein. I have put that meter on literally thousands of screens over the last 7 years. The rubber surround on the meter can't burn a TV screen. Using the extender it is designed to be placed on the screen both to protect the screen and to block ambient light from affecting the meter’s accuracy. So it was not unintentionally placed on the screen. That’s the way it is intended to be used.

While it is true that consulting work and professional calibrations for post-production and production facilities is taking most of my time, I am still calibrating displays for consumers and my private clients.

I am in the midst of a family emergency as Joel Silver of the ISF mentioned to you. I am sorry if you couldn't wait a day or two for a response. Reading your post here on AVS forum, which includes inexactitudes and omissions, I am forced to recommend you call another calibrator.

Kevin Miller|ISFTV
[IMG]file:///C:\Users\KEVINM~1.001\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlcl ip1\01\clip_image001.jpg[/IMG]
Industry Consultant

Founding ISF Member|ISF Instructor Level I, II and III
SMPTE Member|CTA Member

GlenC and chunon like this.

Kevin Miller
ISF Technician
Co-Instructor ISF Level I & II Seminars
Display Product Development Consultant
[email protected]
Co-founder tweaktv.com
post #4670 of 4676 Old 01-15-2020, 03:48 PM

Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monitorman View Post
Hal,

I re-calibrated your Samsung 65KS9800 for an extremely reasonable price, three years after the original calibration. I spent a lot of time on a full recalibration of the Day and Night modes for SDR and on the HDR. The picture looked quite good. You were quite happy as I recall.

Then some days later you call me to tell me that you had a couple of dead pixels, and you were distressed that the peak light output that I measured in HDR mode was only about 1/2 of the specified 1500 Nits that Samsung rated the TV for on Peak Luminance. You called me incessantly for days asking me to call my contacts at Samsung about these issues to see what they could do for you. I did go to bat for you with my contacts at Samsung, but not surprisingly they couldn’t do anything for you. It seems like you were able to get them to compensate you on your own. You should be happy that Samsung did that out of warranty, likely for the reasons I stated above.

I'm not sure what you did to your screen but it certainly was not caused by the rubber surround on my Klein. I have put that meter on literally thousands of screens over the last 7 years. The rubber surround on the meter can't burn a TV screen. Using the extender it is designed to be placed on the screen both to protect the screen and to block ambient light from affecting the meter’s accuracy. So it was not unintentionally placed on the screen. That’s the way it is intended to be used.

While it is true that consulting work and professional calibrations for post-production and production facilities is taking most of my time, I am still calibrating displays for consumers and my private clients.

I am in the midst of a family emergency as Joel Silver of the ISF mentioned to you. I am sorry if you couldn't wait a day or two for a response. Reading your post here on AVS forum, which includes inexactitudes and omissions, I am forced to recommend you call another calibrator.

Kevin Miller|ISFTV
[IMG]file:///C:\Users\KEVINM~1.001\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlcl ip1\01\clip_image001.jpg[/IMG]
Industry Consultant

Founding ISF Member|ISF Instructor Level I, II and III
SMPTE Member|CTA Member

@Monitorman
Hi Kevin.

First, I deleted my post out of respect for you and under advisement of another calibrator, not because of any "inexactitudes and omissions".

Yes, you performed a recalibration at a reasonable price. For that I thank you. To your point about spending a lot of time, I've talked to a number of other calibrators and they quote two to three times the amount of time you spent, which was about two hours.

Yes, your work is good and I agree the picture looked good. Yes, I was "happy"... that is until I noticed what happened to the screen. I was/am clear to state you did nothing intentional to cause any damage. Nevertheless, lets call it damage to the screen, occurred. Samsung authorized service photographed the area and I have the report, so my assertion is indisputable. In fact, if you recall, I mentioned to you there was a stain the first time you did the calibration three years ago, so we wiped the rubber bezel before the second calibration. In the first instance, the stain was able to be wiped away with a microfiber cloth. Not so the second time.

True, I called you about the light output, which is an entirely different issue and in no way have I suggested you are at fault. I merely asked you how you calculated the number. You were kind enough to state you would come back and remeasure.

Make no mistake, I did nothing to my screen to cause the damage that resulted from your camera touching the screen. I have offered speculation as to the root cause (curved screen plus moth design). Also, the way you lean your camera against the screen in my case causes a good deal of weight and stress, as it (your tripod) leans against it at a 45 degree angle or thereabouts.

Samsung warranties problems of screen burn in for "life", which is how they classified the damage. Again, I have the paperwork from Samsung.

Because you have used your meter on a thousand screens without issue does not mean that the 1001st time there wouldn't be an issue. I invite you and your colleagues to do a case study as I believe the issue is reproducible.

By the way, certain other calibrators have told me the camera does not have to come into contact with the screen nor do they do so when they calibrate.

I called and emailed you numerous times in good faith to rehire you, despite the issue. You never returned my call or email. Irrespective of your family crises - to which I'm truly sorry - you might have at least let me know you would be getting back to me. So it was well beyond a day or two. More like two or three weeks.

I thought you would show some empathy and compassion for my situation and recalibrate my new television either free of charge or at least at a discount.

Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X

Last edited by hal250; 01-16-2020 at 07:38 AM.
post #4671 of 4676 Old 01-15-2020, 05:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Liked: 398
Any recommendations for great calibrators for my JVC NX7 in southern CT?

Thanks in advance!

Gear: Fronts: B&W 804D3 | Center: B&W HTM2D3 | Surrounds: B&W 705S2 | Backs: B&W 684S2 | Heights: B&W DM601S3 | Receiver & Amps: Anthem MRX 720 + Emotiva BasX-5 | Projector: JVC NX7 | Source: HTPC with Nvidia 2070, Kodi + External Player: MPC-HC with MadVR (for Blu-ray rips), Nvidia Shield (for streaming content)
post #4672 of 4676 Old 01-17-2020, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking for reputable forum members or recommendations for calibrators in the SouthEastern Michigan (Detroit/Ann Arbor) area. Any good info? Thanks!
post #4673 of 4676 Old Yesterday, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Looking for ISF calibrator familiar with Optoma UHZ 65 laser 4k projector in Dallas TX.
post #4674 of 4676 Old Today, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marticus View Post
Looking for reputable forum members or recommendations for calibrators in the SouthEastern Michigan (Detroit/Ann Arbor) area. Any good info? Thanks!
Try Ken Whitcomb [email protected] I believe he covers your area!

[email protected]
Serving Florida
post #4675 of 4676 Old Today, 10:37 AM

I have a referral for a calibrator who lives near or travels to Christiansburg, VA 24073!

Email me at [email protected]

[email protected]
Serving Florida
post #4676 of 4676 Old Today, 04:47 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Is it completely unreasonable to ask if there is anyone that is willing to come to Schomburg (aurora/newmarket area) Ontario that will calibrate for under $300? Had some quotes for $400 and frankly it's not worth that much to me - but would be really nice to see what a professionally calibrated PJ looks like. It sounds like a lot of work, there really is no insult intended.

Panasonic DP-UB820, Yamaha RX-V1075, Epson 5040UB. No-name 106" screen, new one on the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page