ISF Calibrators, where are you located? Please post here! - Page 159 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 380Likes

post #4741 of 4748 Old 03-21-2020, 11:08 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 62
I'm not calibrating until this COVID-19 is well behind us. Especially being in the 65+ group and just spent 2 weeks on a Princess cruise to Hawaii ....

Glen Carter : Home Theater Calibration : CalMan, Minolta CS-1000, Klein K10, Spyder5, Murideo SIX-G

S9+ using Tapatalk

Glen Carter
Home Theater Calibration
CalMAN, CS1000, K10-A, Spyder5, Six-G, QD780
JVC RS3000, RS600
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4742 of 4748 Old 03-21-2020, 10:23 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 29
So with Jeff being retired, I can’t find anybody that calibrates in Utah or that travels to Utah. Anybody have a reference for someone in Salt Lake to calibrate my tv? Obviously after this whole virus thing is gone and we are back to normal.
post #4743 of 4748 Old 03-22-2020, 01:15 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 724 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by umr View Post
I shut my business down because of COVID-19 on March 1st. I was going to retire at the end of the year anyway. Just doing it sooner.

I did a remote audio calibration yesterday. I should be getting some YouTube videos up so people can help themselves or possibly do calibration with remote assitance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you remotely calibrate audio ? Can Dirac 2.0 / Atmos be done this way with all pre pro ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4744 of 4748 Old 03-22-2020, 04:52 AM
umr
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake View Post
How do you remotely calibrate audio ? Can Dirac 2.0 / Atmos be done this way with all pre pro ?

I can help anyone remotely with audio. I am no fan of DIRAC. I would strongly advise doing it manually over that tool, but it is much slower.

I did it using remote computer control software, TrueRTA, microphone, AVIA and Dolby Atmos September 2015 disc and the client’s assistance.

ARC is the best auto calibration software on the market at approximating what I would do manually for EQ except for it’s poor handling of crossovers that I can work around.

Setting up the subwoofer or multiple subs must always be done manually. Source problems must also be fixed manually.

Room acoustics can also be analyzed remotely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Retired AV Calibrator
post #4745 of 4748 Old 03-25-2020, 12:27 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 222 Post(s)
Quoted: 4219 Post(s)
Liked: 7602
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverking View Post
So with Jeff being retired, I can’t find anybody that calibrates in Utah or that travels to Utah. Anybody have a reference for someone in Salt Lake to calibrate my tv? Obviously after this whole virus thing is gone and we are back to normal.
I come out to Utah occasionally. I was just out there a few months ago. Once it is safe to travel again, I'm sure I'll be back through that area this year.

My Home Theater UPDATED NOV 2019
Technical Editor/Writer Sound and Vision Magazine
Deep Dive AV - Calibration, Consulting and Education
post #4746 of 4748 Old 03-25-2020, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantc View Post
https://youtu.be/5jQqPMpHoWg

I hope all calibrators are following Vincent's example and self isolating. We don't need people traveling door to door right now.

I canceled my in home calibration this weekend and I suggest all other customers do the same.
I'm not traveling right now either. Not worth the risk to my clients or my own family. I am doing remote calibrations here for projectors, done a few over the last two weeks. Customer ships me their projector and I do the work here in my room using the same throw/zoom/screen material as they have. I make sure to wipe down the projector thoroughly with clorox wipes before I repackage (I use disposable gloves when handling as well). This has worked out great for a lot of clients so far, and no drama with shipping yet. I even do it with Lumagen's if the customer has one (they don't need to ship one, I use my test unit).

post #4747 of 4748 Old 03-25-2020, 12:56 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post
Quote:
So with Jeff being retired, I can’️t find anybody that calibrates in Utah or that travels to Utah. Anybody have a reference for someone in Salt Lake to calibrate my tv? Obviously after this whole virus thing is gone and we are back to normal.
I come out to Utah occasionally. I was just out there a few months ago. Once it is safe to travel again, I'm sure I'll be back through that area this year.
Perfect. When this is all done I’ll definitely contact you. Do you have a website I can view or can you message me your pricing? Thanks
post #4748 of 4748 Old 03-25-2020, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post
Quote:
So with Jeff being retired, I can’️t find anybody that calibrates in Utah or that travels to Utah. Anybody have a reference for someone in Salt Lake to calibrate my tv? Obviously after this whole virus thing is gone and we are back to normal.
Perfect. When this is all done I’ll definitely contact you. Do you have a website I can view or can you message me your pricing? Thanks
Link in my signature, www.deepdiveav.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page