The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 110 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2013Likes

post #3271 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 01:50 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaelSmith View Post

I hate console wars but if this back peddling is true then Sony has won this 'next gen' bigtime.

Agreed to a point, as Sony has an enormous amount of ammunition right now.

However, let's not forget that these consoles don't come out for another 5 months or so. Which leaves plenty of time for people to forgive/forget.

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything"

XBL - TheLizardKingII

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3272 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 01:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 304
i'm just enjoying the response to this.

Nothing has changed with the hardware at all. The changes are easing restrictions.

I don't see anything but good in this , i do not see how this is backwards.
post #3273 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 01:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Xbox 180
Bigfame and vedderpj13 like this.

xbl/gamecenter: leff4
psn/twitter: ileff
my app: video poker clock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3274 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 01:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post

RROD'd already.

biggrin.gif

XBL - TheLizardKingII

post #3275 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 01:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaelSmith View Post

I hate console wars but if this back peddling is true then Sony has won this 'next gen' bigtime.
I don't see how that is the case. If anything, the people that were Xbox gamers that were jumping to Sony might come back now. I know that if this is true, I will make the Xbox my day one purchase and do what I did this generation and wait a few years for the PS4 to come down in price and then scoop up the exclusives for cheap.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #3276 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 01:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked: 573
Quote:

That is no different if that is what it is. Still says not always online but internet connection required.

Take a look at that first paragraph. It says they have changed certain policies and the page is no longer up to date.

Dude, are you made of leprechauns? Cause that was awesome!
The Plains Theater Has Begun
Pro Designed Room - Measurements Before/During/After Treatments.
post #3277 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 01:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 697 Post(s)
Liked: 929
Xbox One: Your Top Questions Answered
By Xbox Wire Staff posted May 01, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Update on June 19, 2013: As a result of feedback from the Xbox community, we have changed certain policies for Xbox One reflected in this blog. Some of this information is no longer accurate — please check here for the latest.

Q: Does Xbox One require an “always on” Internet connection?
A: No, it does not have to be always connected, but Xbox One does require a connection to the Internet. We’re designing Xbox One to be your all-in-one entertainment system that is connected to the cloud and always ready. We are also designing it so you can play games and watch Blu-ray movies and live TV if you lose your connection.

Q: How do consumers benefit by being connected to the cloud?
A: The cloud makes every experience better and more accessible. Because Xbox One is powered by the cloud:
Your games have more power available to create new gameplay, persistent worlds, and deeper experiences.
Your system and games can update automatically, so you shouldn’t have to wait for downloads or updates.
Your games and entertainment are stored and saved in the cloud, so you can access them anytime, from any Xbox One.*
Start a game, movie, or TV show on one console and finish exactly where you left off on another.
You can play multiplayer games with your friends, stream movies or TV shows right away, and enjoy the community and social features of Xbox Live.
Xbox One can recognize you, log you in and tailor your home screen just for you.

You can discover what your friends are playing, watching and listening to if they choose to share.
These are just a few examples of how customers benefit from our platform being connected to the Internet. It brings the future of TV and games to our consumers—and it’s designed for today and the decade ahead.

* Subject to content geographical restrictions.

Q: When will Xbox One launch and in what markets?
A: Xbox One will launch in markets around the world later this year. We’ll have more to share later.

Q: Can I use my current gamertag on Xbox One and will my Gamerscore and Achievements transfer?
A: Yes. Your current Xbox Live Gamertag will stay with you on Xbox One if you choose to keep it, and your hard-earned Gamerscore and Achievements will indeed carry over from Xbox 360.

Q: Will Xbox One be backward compatible with my existing games?
A: Xbox One hardware is not compatible with Xbox 360 games. We designed Xbox One to play an entirely new generation of games—games that are architected to take full advantage of state-of-the-art processors and the infinite power of the cloud. We care very much about the investment you have made in Xbox 360 and will continue to support it with a pipeline of new games and new apps well into the future.

Q: Will Xbox One allow players to trade in, purchase and play pre-owned games?
A: We are designing Xbox One to enable customers to trade in and resell games. We’ll have more details to share later.

Q: Will my current Xbox Live Gold membership work with Xbox One or will I have to buy a new one?
A: You do not need to buy a new Xbox Live Gold membership. Your current membership will work on both Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Q: Why require Kinect with every Xbox One?
A: The all new Kinect is now an essential and integrated part of the platform. By having it as a consistent part of every Xbox One, game and entertainment creators can build experiences that assume the availability of voice, gesture and natural sensing, leading to unrivaled ease of use, premium experiences and interactivity for you.

Q: Do I need to have a specific cable or satellite TV provider to watch live TV on Xbox?
A: Our goal is to enable live TV through Xbox One in every way that it is delivered throughout the world, whether that’s television service providers, over the air or over the Internet, or HDMI-in via a set top box (as is the case with many providers in the US). The delivery of TV is complex and we are working through the many technologies and policies around the world to make live TV available where Xbox One is available.

Q: Xbox One is a more powerful product compared to Xbox 360, but does it also use more power?
A: By providing multiple power states in Xbox One, we’ve balanced energy efficiency with functionality. We’ve taken a completely different approach to how Xbox One consumes power. It only uses the power it needs at that particular moment for the task at hand.

The 5.0 is here
post #3278 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 01:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked: 848
For those who can't get it to load:
Quote:
Last week at E3, the excitement, creativity and future of our industry was on display for a global audience.

For us, the future comes in the form of Xbox One, a system designed to be the best place to play games this year and for many years to come. As is our heritage with Xbox, we designed a system that could take full advantage of advances in technology in order to deliver a breakthrough in game play and entertainment. We imagined a new set of benefits such as easier roaming, family sharing, and new ways to try and buy games. We believe in the benefits of a connected, digital future.

Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One.

You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity. While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds.

Thank you again for your candid feedback. Our team remains committed to listening, taking feedback and delivering a great product for you later this year.

"Never believe any quote you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
post #3279 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 01:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samendolaro View Post

i'm just enjoying the response to this.

Nothing has changed with the hardware at all. The changes are easing restrictions.

I don't see anything but good in this , i do not see how this is backwards.

We need to see the official response obviously, but if it changes the family share plan or the direction they intended...I'll be bummed for sure.

XBL - TheLizardKingII

post #3280 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 01:53 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 2961 Post(s)
Liked: 4384
Official info:

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update
Quote:
Last week at E3, the excitement, creativity and future of our industry was on display for a global audience.

For us, the future comes in the form of Xbox One, a system designed to be the best place to play games this year and for many years to come. As is our heritage with Xbox, we designed a system that could take full advantage of advances in technology in order to deliver a breakthrough in game play and entertainment. We imagined a new set of benefits such as easier roaming, family sharing, and new ways to try and buy games. We believe in the benefits of a connected, digital future.

Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One.

You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity. While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds.

Thank you again for your candid feedback. Our team remains committed to listening, taking feedback and delivering a great product for you later this year.
post #3281 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 01:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Liked: 742
I don't understand the once every 24 hour thing, can someone explain? What happens when I go on a vacation? If the kinect is always connected can I bury it under a blanket or something? Seems like a effing Christmas present for the NSA rolleyes.gif

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror: 
post #3282 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 01:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

Xbox One: Your Top Questions Answered
By Xbox Wire Staff posted May 01, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Update on June 19, 2013: As a result of feedback from the Xbox community, we have changed certain policies for Xbox One reflected in this blog. Some of this information is no longer accurate — please check here for the latest.

Q: Does Xbox One require an “always on” Internet connection?
A: No, it does not have to be always connected, but Xbox One does require a connection to the Internet. We’re designing Xbox One to be your all-in-one entertainment system that is connected to the cloud and always ready. We are also designing it so you can play games and watch Blu-ray movies and live TV if you lose your connection.

Q: How do consumers benefit by being connected to the cloud?
A: The cloud makes every experience better and more accessible. Because Xbox One is powered by the cloud:
Your games have more power available to create new gameplay, persistent worlds, and deeper experiences.
Your system and games can update automatically, so you shouldn’t have to wait for downloads or updates.
Your games and entertainment are stored and saved in the cloud, so you can access them anytime, from any Xbox One.*
Start a game, movie, or TV show on one console and finish exactly where you left off on another.
You can play multiplayer games with your friends, stream movies or TV shows right away, and enjoy the community and social features of Xbox Live.
Xbox One can recognize you, log you in and tailor your home screen just for you.

You can discover what your friends are playing, watching and listening to if they choose to share.
These are just a few examples of how customers benefit from our platform being connected to the Internet. It brings the future of TV and games to our consumers—and it’s designed for today and the decade ahead.

* Subject to content geographical restrictions.

Q: When will Xbox One launch and in what markets?
A: Xbox One will launch in markets around the world later this year. We’ll have more to share later.

Q: Can I use my current gamertag on Xbox One and will my Gamerscore and Achievements transfer?
A: Yes. Your current Xbox Live Gamertag will stay with you on Xbox One if you choose to keep it, and your hard-earned Gamerscore and Achievements will indeed carry over from Xbox 360.

Q: Will Xbox One be backward compatible with my existing games?
A: Xbox One hardware is not compatible with Xbox 360 games. We designed Xbox One to play an entirely new generation of games—games that are architected to take full advantage of state-of-the-art processors and the infinite power of the cloud. We care very much about the investment you have made in Xbox 360 and will continue to support it with a pipeline of new games and new apps well into the future.

Q: Will Xbox One allow players to trade in, purchase and play pre-owned games?
A: We are designing Xbox One to enable customers to trade in and resell games. We’ll have more details to share later.

Q: Will my current Xbox Live Gold membership work with Xbox One or will I have to buy a new one?
A: You do not need to buy a new Xbox Live Gold membership. Your current membership will work on both Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Q: Why require Kinect with every Xbox One?
A: The all new Kinect is now an essential and integrated part of the platform. By having it as a consistent part of every Xbox One, game and entertainment creators can build experiences that assume the availability of voice, gesture and natural sensing, leading to unrivaled ease of use, premium experiences and interactivity for you.

Q: Do I need to have a specific cable or satellite TV provider to watch live TV on Xbox?
A: Our goal is to enable live TV through Xbox One in every way that it is delivered throughout the world, whether that’s television service providers, over the air or over the Internet, or HDMI-in via a set top box (as is the case with many providers in the US). The delivery of TV is complex and we are working through the many technologies and policies around the world to make live TV available where Xbox One is available.

Q: Xbox One is a more powerful product compared to Xbox 360, but does it also use more power?
A: By providing multiple power states in Xbox One, we’ve balanced energy efficiency with functionality. We’ve taken a completely different approach to how Xbox One consumes power. It only uses the power it needs at that particular moment for the task at hand.

This is still the old information. The intro is saying that it's no longer correct.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #3283 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 01:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked: 573
And cue internet explosion!

Dude, are you made of leprechauns? Cause that was awesome!
The Plains Theater Has Begun
Pro Designed Room - Measurements Before/During/After Treatments.
post #3284 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2844 Post(s)
Liked: 1518
Wow--they did completely backtrack (read the Don Mattrick statement instead of the Q&A). No more playing games bought on disc without the disc in the drive, no more family circle sharing, no more gifting DD digitally. Kinda sad. Oh well--time to drop my disc pre-orders.

Perhaps there's hope for rescinding "Kinect must be plugged in".

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #3285 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 2961 Post(s)
Liked: 4384
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

This is still the old information. The intro is saying that it's no longer correct.

Page is updated now.
post #3286 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 01:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 1055 Post(s)
Liked: 1638
and it appears discless and family plan dies... we're back to the 360/PS3 era...

well, at least I can get $15 games at Gamestop once they're no longer popular...
post #3287 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 01:58 PM

Liked: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1_8 View Post

Henry Ford (purportedly) said:

"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses."

Before the iPhone, if Apple had given people what they wanted, we'd all be running around with crappy Motorola Q phones. Giving people what they want is no way to break new ground.

He also didn't try to market a rock as a rocket. MS gave their pitch, and people said no thanks because the benefits were amusingly shallow and the pitfalls damn transparent.

You run a huge risk when you launch a product that takes away a hell of a lot for some unknown, future benefit that isn’t very tangible and may never materialize. Ford rolled a car of his lines and demo’d at every state fair. MS said “just trust us, now lets change the subject!”.

Anyways, if they’re smart they’ll keep all the good ideas as well. There’s ways to make it all work and give people a choice to move into DD at their own pace.
Bikerduck, Leo_Ames and Bigfame like this.
post #3288 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 01:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Way to go PS4 fan boys. No more family sharing.
vedderpj13 likes this.
post #3289 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 01:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Yep, the people on the internet who are complaining about not having internet won out and so now the console takes steps backwards.

Disappointing, to be honest, but not all that big a surprise, when they're doing similar tweaks on Windows 8.1.
Jonny5nz and vedderpj13 like this.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #3290 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 01:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Liked: 637
Quote:

And that is why they just lost my respect.
vedderpj13 likes this.
post #3291 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 90
That's a real shame. I can't believe they caved so easily. On the upside, it looks like I can take my XB1 on deployment...if my kids let me that is.

Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy...
post #3292 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 01:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 765
Fantastic news! Though Sony isn't going to be so happy about it. If Sony had went down the same craptastic path, things would have been much different.
J_P_A likes this.
post #3293 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Man I am SOOOOO disappointed now.

Thinking I might not be buying any nextgen console this year, what a bunch of crap.

Xbox Live: IamVertigo
PSN: IamVertigo
post #3294 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 01:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Liked: 288
While it's sad to see some of the features go, this will practically shut up all the haters that talked about MS being arrogant and not caring about fans. This was a very quick response to calm down a lot of people.
vedderpj13 likes this.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #3295 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2844 Post(s)
Liked: 1518
I see no reason they shouldn't still allow family sharing and DD gifting for games bought as DD. It'd be an inducement for many to buy DD, if that's the direction that they want to move in.
rdperry and Leo_Ames like this.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #3296 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

He also didn't try to market a rock as a rocket. MS gave their pitch, and people said no thanks because the benefits were amusingly shallow and the pitfalls damn transparent.

You run a huge risk when you launch a product that takes away a hell of a lot for some unknown, future benefit that isn’t very tangible and may never materialize. Ford rolled a car of his lines and demo’d at every state fair. MS said “just trust us, now lets change the subject!”.

Anyways, if they’re smart they’ll keep all the good ideas as well. There’s ways to make it all work and give people a choice to move into DD at their own pace.

Fair enough...but it looks like a few good ideas were forced out in the process.

Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy...
post #3297 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 02:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Liked: 637
Quote:

Fantastic news! Though Sony isn't going to be so happy about it. If Sony had went down the same craptastic path, things would have been much different.

Huh? Sony should be thrilled.........they just controlled MS like a puppet and pretty much guaranteed their dominance in the next gen.

XB1 is now really just a lesser powered PS4.
Jeremy Anderson likes this.
post #3298 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Yrd
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 769 Post(s)
Liked: 521
Since everyone started whining about our complaints of the new amazing xbone, I largely stopped coming in here. There's still little for me to see in this thread, there's just so much praise for this box that may have a few steps forward, but has many more steps back.

I still won't buy an xbone year one. Even if they fix the DRM. The hubris involved in shoving this in our throats was too much for me. What this does change (if these rumors are true)is the fact that I WILL actually buy one some day.

The DRM/Kinect requirements sent me to PC/PS4 only.

Just my 2 cents. I won't be too active in here, just waiting on more info about the changes.
darthrsg and Bikerduck like this.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #3299 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 02:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 100
You remember how people kept asking US to shut up already because we're not making any difference by complaining about the DRM policies, well what do you have to say now? If it wasn't for the the HUGE negative feedback (which some of you said was irrelevant wink.gif ) This crazy turn around would have NEVER happened.

I for one am a lot more excited about the Xbone now, a few interesting exclusives will make me buy it, the weaker hardware is not a problem at all. Like I said before, Competition is great for us gamers, one brand dominating the market won't result in giving us the best value and trust me Sony would have dominated the market if Microsoft didn't change their policies, I'm sure their sales will increase from NOW.

KRP-500M | Kuro 9G 5020FD + e-lite mod | B&W 683 Fronts | B&W 685 Center | B&W DM601 S3 Rears | HSU VTF3 MK3 Sub | Yamaha RX-V663 AVR
post #3300 of 22283 Old 06-19-2013, 02:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1_8 View Post

I wasn't around at the launch of the automobile, but I don't think it was immediately embraced. I don't see the difference...not yet anyway. Only time will tell. My point was sometimes vision is more important that sating the mobs. Also, failure is how you frame it. The Newton, some would argue, wasn't so much a failure as it was ahead of its time. Perspective matters.

The automobile captured peoples imagination immediately. In fact, it spurred the upgrade of the horrible road system in the US as people dreamed of traveling to new cities. The problem with cars was they were hand made luxuries only affordable to the rich. Ford made them affordable to the masses. He was also very anti competition and strictly controlled his entire resource chain to the point of owning plantations in S America to supply rubber. He also did not think much of his workers and controlled their life as much as possible.

It is interesting that you used Ford in your comparison with MS...

The Newton was the wrong product at the wrong time. What will the Xbone be?
Bikerduck likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page