The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 627 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2012Likes

post #18781 of 22281 Old 03-16-2015, 04:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1048 Post(s)
Liked: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22 View Post
I'm in the same boat. I like the Xbox one controller the most between the ps4 and 360, but I wish they would've used better technology like Bluetooth. I get disconnections sometimes with my controller and I have to do a hard reset to fix the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. However the PS4 controller is MUCH better than the PS3 controller.
aaronwt likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18782 of 22281 Old 03-16-2015, 04:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 491 Post(s)
Liked: 628
@Arutha_conDoin no kids, wife or girlfriend haha, so for me it's just time and money. I just don't like over difficult and/or unforgiving games. I'm not saying they are bad or I don't like a challenge, I just rather not spend 20-30 minutes doing the same section over over again until I get it right. That is just personal taste. I've broken my fair share of controllers to know that those games and me don't mix. Haha.
@artmann 22 I haven't experienced any controller disconnects yet (knock on wood). With that said, I've had issues with some bluetooth devices, including PS3 controllers, in the past, so that technology isn't without its own downsides.

A friend and I played a few hours of Chaos Squad in Sunset Overdrive earlier. That game is an absolute blast! So much stuff going on at one time. Makes Diablo III seem boring in comparison.

We also played the first two missions in Halo CE. I hadn't played that game in a while, and I forgot how monotonous the first game's campaign is even in the early stages. I had some severe lag issues too, sometimes being in the 2-3 second range when pulling the trigger to actually firing. I'm not too quick to blame the game as I had lag issues when this particular friend hosted back on the 360, so I'm chalking it up to him hosting. Guess I'll trying hosting next time.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
post #18783 of 22281 Old 03-16-2015, 09:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Liked: 923
I don't know why anyone thinks Bluetooth is that much different than 2.4ghz or 5ghz when it comes to potential interference. It is still a wireless signal.

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/signa...ogy-58273.html

The 5.0 is here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18784 of 22281 Old 03-16-2015, 09:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 797 Post(s)
Liked: 374
Halo 3: ODST Remastered is coming! Probably with the rumored hardware refresh later this year.
post #18785 of 22281 Old 03-16-2015, 09:41 AM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8952 Post(s)
Liked: 5730
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
I don't know why anyone thinks Bluetooth is that much different than 2.4ghz or 5ghz when it comes to potential interference. It is still a wireless signal.

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/signa...ogy-58273.html
And BT also uses 2.4Ghz.

Although I can't say I've ever had any interference issues with the dozens of WiFi devices I use and my BT devices.

49TB unRAID1a--53TB unRAID2--70TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #18786 of 22281 Old 03-16-2015, 03:23 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
Halo 3: ODST Remastered is coming! Probably with the rumored hardware refresh later this year.
Yes, good news but it won't take a hardware refresh at all.

Halo 3: ODST will be avail. for free to any player who logged into Halo MCC online between the game's launch date and December 19. If that doesn't apply, no worries. At this point in the game's lifecycle, it will probably end up as a surprise freebie anyway. Otherwise, max price should only be $5-10. We'll see. Should be released soon.

I still think MCC is an evil attempt (one of many) to get you to pawn off a 360 which I refuse to do thanks to so many free games and trade-in/up opportunities. I rarely turn it on, but when I do, there are years worth of gaming opportunities and unfinished business ready for the taking (too bad most don't compare to current gen).
BDUB619 likes this.

Last edited by tampabuc; 03-16-2015 at 03:29 PM.
post #18787 of 22281 Old 03-16-2015, 06:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 1021
Not Tiger Woods was announced today

tampabuc likes this.
post #18788 of 22281 Old 03-16-2015, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post
Not Tiger Woods was announced today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eQKOr6sFgk

Good for Rory, nice Irish boy, but he is still not ready for being featured on the only apparent world-wide game representing the sport....

He dumped his championship tennis winning & totally hot fiancée (Carloline) through a text message last year. Worse yet, he elected to play through (with no input from) Phil Mickelson and Rickie Fowler in last year's PGA Championship when it got too dark to play the next sudden death hole, something almost any average hack would consult the other players to do out of common courtesy. Three of the world's best, all with a chance to win. This transpired in front of a live and shocked international TV audience.

The #1 player in the world has not quite earned the respect of that title IMO, he's got a bit of growing up to do but then again...so do we all.

Last edited by tampabuc; 03-16-2015 at 09:42 PM.
post #18789 of 22281 Old 03-16-2015, 07:17 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 163
The rumor mill has really ramped up the last couple of days on the Joe Montana football game from 2K Sports. Supposedly exclusive to Xbox One and PC with cross play thru Windows 10.
post #18790 of 22281 Old 03-16-2015, 08:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikazaru View Post
Congrats Brad!! In terms of hardware, I think that Xbox and PlayStation have swapped positions this gen. The XB1 feels more like a premium product and the PS4 seems a bit noisy and crude in comparison.
Not trying to start a flame war but I'm curious what you find "crude" about the PS4 design vs Xbox1?

XBL: BigMikeRich
PSN: BigMikeRich
post #18791 of 22281 Old 03-16-2015, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmorgan View Post
The rumor mill has really ramped up the last couple of days on the Joe Montana football game from 2K Sports. Supposedly exclusive to Xbox One and PC with cross play thru Windows 10.

Interesting. Didn't EA Sports lose the exclusive NFL license a year or two ago so anyone can literally "jump back into the game," or am I remembering that wrong?

Joe Montana football made by 2k sports? Xbox exclusive?

IF TRUE, this shall mark the end of humanity as all human reproduction will cease immediately.

RemoWilliams84 likes this.

Last edited by tampabuc; 03-16-2015 at 08:59 PM.
post #18792 of 22281 Old 03-16-2015, 08:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 1055 Post(s)
Liked: 1638
Quote:
OMG! OMG! OMG! When I was a kid, my friends and I played Joe Montana football on the PC. It didn't have official NFL teams. However, they were clever and allowed you to change the colors and names so that you could change it to official teams. The names of the players were darn close to real names so it was funny the effort Sega went to to make it close enough without getting in trouble. i went through and took the effort to change everything.

tampabuc likes this.

Last edited by onlysublime; 03-16-2015 at 09:08 PM.
post #18793 of 22281 Old 03-16-2015, 08:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabuc View Post
Interesting. Didn't EA Sports lose the exclusive NFL license a year or two ago so anyone can jump back in the game "literally" or am I remembering that wrong?
They didn't. It was extended. Without official teams and players, I see this new Joe Montana game doing about as well as Backbreaker or All Pro Football did... which is to say it'll be a disaster. Also, at this point any new game would be starting from scratch. Any past work that 2k Sports did will have nothing to do with this, so I'm not sure how good the game play will end up being anyway.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #18794 of 22281 Old 03-16-2015, 09:17 PM

Bummer...

Can we get Pete Rose Baseball 2k with interstate gambling instead? Killer app, guaranteed.
post #18795 of 22281 Old 03-17-2015, 05:12 AM
Advanced Member

Again, this is coming from the rumor mill, but supposedly there is a loop hole where an officially licensed NFL game can be realeased by a first party, thus the exclusivity to Xbox One and PC. If that is true, than why hadn't it been done already? Maybe this loop hole came to be with the contract extension, or maybe it's total BS.
post #18796 of 22281 Old 03-17-2015, 06:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Again, this is coming from the rumor mill, but supposedly there is a loop hole where an officially licensed NFL game can be realeased by a first party, thus the exclusivity to Xbox One and PC. If that is true, than why hadn't it been done already? Maybe this loop hole came to be with the contract extension, or maybe it's total BS.
Microsoft did not want to compete against EA's Madden. I believe Microsoft has always had the right to make their sports titles, but they did not want to rub EA the wrong way. I am not sure why that would change now they did sign a deal with NFL recently so maybe that was the push they needed to create a game. If 2k is doing the game I would be interested in buying it.
post #18797 of 22281 Old 03-17-2015, 07:02 AM
Advanced Member

The Sling TV app hits the Xbox One today.

For North America at this time.
post #18798 of 22281 Old 03-17-2015, 09:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Quote:
The Sling TV app hits the Xbox One today.

For North America at this time.
This is great. I really hope this takes off. I still hold out hope (sure, misguided hope) that one day I can replace my cable boxes with ONEs. That would be incredible. I can never cut the cord (kids and wife coupled with missing live sports would kill me) but if I could truly use one box to rule them all it would be great.

Side note, I was just playing around and looked at the Game Store. There are so many games available. One year or so into the system and this is just a huge list.

Big Trouble in Little China - greatest film ever made

Gamertag: Team Banzai
post #18799 of 22281 Old 03-17-2015, 01:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 604 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Anybody know if it's possible to get an authentic Xbox One power brick from Microsoft directly ?

If so, how much are they charging for the things ?

Next time I need to call their 1-800 number, I'll be sure to ask the guy about it, but was just curious if anybody already tried getting a legit XB1 psu from them directly. I bought a Hong Kong knockoff from Ebay that was a joke. It had the noise of a vacuum cleaner, and wouldn't stop making noise.

Seems most of the 3rd party ones on Amazon all have this crazy noise problem. Microsoft must be doing something proprietary in their official psu, because none of the 3rd party ones can seem to match it. I'd really love to get an extra power supply so I could easily move the XB1 from one room to another. Already having the power supply pre set up in both rooms, makes switching between the two rooms pretty painless. Just unplug all the wires out the back, carry it to the other location, plug all the wires into the back, and you're done.

Right now, I have to lug the dang power brick around, and it just makes it a real PITA. I always try to buy extra power supplies for this reason..
post #18800 of 22281 Old 03-17-2015, 02:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally, baseball was third-party only exclusivity, but football was complete exclusivity, as far as I remember.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80

Last edited by jhoff80; 03-17-2015 at 02:23 PM.
post #18801 of 22281 Old 03-17-2015, 02:16 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8952 Post(s)
Liked: 5730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
Anybody know if it's possible to get an authentic Xbox One power brick from Microsoft directly ?

Next time I need to call their 1-800 number, I'll be sure to ask the guy about it, but was just curious if anybody already tried getting a legit XB1 psu from them directly. I bought a Hong Kong knockoff from Ebay that was a joke. It had the noise of a vacuum cleaner, and wouldn't stop making noise.

Seems most of the 3rd party ones on Amazon all have this crazy noise problem. Microsoft must be doing something proprietary in their official psu, because none of the 3rd party ones can seem to match it. I'd really love to get an extra power supply so I could easily move the XB1 from one room to another. Already having the power supply pre set up in both rooms, makes switching between the two rooms pretty painless. Just unplug all the wires out the back, carry it to the other location, plug all the wires into the back, and you're done.

Right now, I have to lug the dang power brick around, and it just makes it a real PITA. I always try to buy extra power supplies for this reason..
I thought I saw some at Gamestop before. But they were expensive. Like over $60.

49TB unRAID1a--53TB unRAID2--70TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #18802 of 22281 Old 03-17-2015, 02:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
Quote:
Originally, baseball was third-party only exclusivity, but football was complete exclusivity, as far as I remember.
Yeah this is why I'm kind of cautious to what I'm reading. When I read this "loophole" the first thing came to mind is someone is confusing the MLB contract 2k had with the NFL contract ea had.

If I remember correctly though ea didn't have exclusive on mobile devices.

Last edited by totalownership; 03-17-2015 at 02:48 PM.
post #18803 of 22281 Old 03-17-2015, 03:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRich View Post
Not trying to start a flame war but I'm curious what you find "crude" about the PS4 design vs Xbox1?
I just find the PS4 to be a bit noisy. Under load, the fan kicks in pretty quickly and is quite loud. Also, the BD drive seems cheaper than on the first two iterations of the PS3. The drive is louder (understandable, since it's faster) and the slot intake mechanism seems kind of rough. Take into consideration that I don't use headphones or turn up the volume often and much of my gaming takes place late at night.

Also, it's not to the degree of the original 360 vs the original PS3. Not to start a flame war , but in terms of refinement, I thought the 360 was pretty bad. It was a while before you could install games and the DVD drive noise drove me nuts. Also, though it was more practical in case of a disc getting stuck, I couldn't stand the tray drive either.

In the end, they are just game consoles that sit in your entertainment centre, but I've always been a guy who likes nice, slick hardware.
DaverJ likes this.

Last edited by Mikazaru; 03-18-2015 at 02:30 PM.
post #18804 of 22281 Old 03-17-2015, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post
Microsoft did not want to compete against EA's Madden. I believe Microsoft has always had the right to make their sports titles, but they did not want to rub EA the wrong way. I am not sure why that would change now they did sign a deal with NFL recently so maybe that was the push they needed to create a game. If 2k is doing the game I would be interested in buying it.
For me, the real question is how much could I really enjoy a football game that isn't based on Madden's football engine....and I'm not sure I would....at all. Don't get me wrong, there are annoyance things with Madden...but overall, the gameplay is pretty strong....and is majorly evolved in depth from those original versions of the game (I've planned since it was "John Madden Football"). Even if they got the controls correct...and the physics engine was good...and all of the playbooks and players were included.....would enjoy people play another pro football game to make online play fun. I can reliably beat the computer....except on those "Solo Challenge" vs. 99 OVR with 99 chemistry in multiple areas that you get to in Madden Ultimate....my team is only 92 OVR (99LP/99ZD)...so beating the 99/99/99 teams on All-Madden mode takes a few attempts. As such, it's all about online play for me...and I do have a concern that at 10 PM (after my kids are in bed) when I'm sitting down for my near-nightly game that on a new game, that all I'll find is 11-year-old kids who have figured out they can throw slant patterns. They get excited....I start picking them off....and they rage quit in the first quarter. What kind of fun is that? I like them getting to the 2nd half before they rage quit....that's more fun.
post #18805 of 22281 Old 03-17-2015, 08:23 PM

I thought this was interesting... some of our "old" Xbox tech is now being formally integrated into Windows 10 for biometric security enhancements. Kinect for everyone!

Windows Hello
http://www.pcworld.com/article/28980...er-or-eye.html

Last edited by tampabuc; 03-17-2015 at 08:35 PM.
post #18806 of 22281 Old 03-17-2015, 08:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

AT & T Uverse App now out for the Xbox One.

http://www.windowscentral.com/att-u-..._campaign=next
post #18807 of 22281 Old 03-18-2015, 04:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

Yes about a month ago my power brick started rattling and humming loudly. It feel under warranty but I asked to be able to purchase one before I sent it in because I did not want to be without it for a couple of weeks. Gamestop told me they had no official or 3rd party power bricks in their system.

Xbox support on twitter pointed me to their warranty site. They have a phone number where you can call and place an order. It was 50 dollars. Don't remember if shipping was included.
post #18808 of 22281 Old 03-18-2015, 07:55 PM

Cool unexpected feature...

Starting today, you can upload your own music files to Microsoft's cloud service, OneDrive, and stream the tracks via Xbox Music. The process seems fairly simple, and will allow you to add music which may not otherwise be available on Microsoft's streaming platform.

You can stream MP3, M4A (AAC), and WMA files from OneDrive's music folder to Xbox Music on any Windows 8.1 device, Windows Phone 8.1, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and web browsers. Unfortunately, it would appear iOS and Android users are out of luck for the time being.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/...-with-onedrive

How To:
https://music.xbox.com/OneDrive
Arutha_conDoin likes this.
post #18809 of 22281 Old 03-18-2015, 08:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Liked: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabuc View Post
Cool unexpected feature...

Starting today, you can upload your own music files to Microsoft's cloud service, OneDrive, and stream the tracks via Xbox Music. The process seems fairly simple, and will allow you to add music which may not otherwise be available on Microsoft's streaming platform.

You can stream MP3, M4A (AAC), and WMA files from OneDrive's music folder to Xbox Music on any Windows 8.1 device, Windows Phone 8.1, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and web browsers. Unfortunately, it would appear iOS and Android users are out of luck for the time being.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/...-with-onedrive

How To:
https://music.xbox.com/OneDrive
Holy Crap!
Quote:
Will I get extra storage space to save my music to OneDrive?
If you are a Music Pass subscriber, you'll get 100 GB of additional storage in OneDrive to save all the music you love.
Nothing like being able to back up my music collection and still have 30GB to spare.
tampabuc likes this.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #18810 of 22281 Old 03-18-2015, 11:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Liked: 693
Ok pretty annoyed with trying to upload the music to One Drive. It only allows you to do 1,000 files at a time and I have something like 1,400. So then I shorten it by grabbing X amount of folders and get a error saying it wiill not upload empty folders. Of course I have no idea which folders are empty!

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page