Destiny: Bungie's next Franchise - Page 47 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 373Likes

post #1381 of 3616 Old 01-01-2015, 06:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 905 Post(s)
Liked: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
It's a Level 6 mission called "The Dark Beyond". (It's probably the story's introduction to the Hive). I just watched a video about the fastest way to enable that upgrade which suggests that you do it on at least Level 9 (you can do it on up to Level 30); at the beginning your Ghost scans a dead Guardian and cannot revive him after which a door into the Hellmouth opens and a bunch of Thralls come rushing out with a Hallowed Knight and few other things. If you don't kill the Hallowed Knight it'll keep sending Thralls at you for a while so kill them all and then the Acolytes and Hallowed Acolytes before the Knight all using Husk of the Pit. You can then go in and finish the mission, which requires you to kill a Wizard before it ends (I remember doing it as a Daily Heroic Story and thinking "What??? That's all???" I'm sure that it was much more exciting when my character was Level 6 ).
Actually that's how I did it now that I remember. It only took about 20min as long as you don't kill the knight.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1382 of 3616 Old 01-01-2015, 06:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
It looks like it's probably worth upgrading(at least to legendary), but it takes 4ever. I'm nowhere near the Eris Morn level to get the required orb. I'll keep it, but it'll be a distant memory by the time I reach that point.
I got invited to help with the weekly Nightfall strike last night, which was the Crota one. Filled out an Eris bounty that I thought I'd never get to, plus the one she handed out to just do that strike, and helped push my Hunter over the hump to Level 3 with Eris. Bought 3 of the Embalming Orbs so all my ready-to-upgrade Husks are now Eidolon Ally models instead. The Hunter has the very very decent Fatebringer to upgrade first, so it'll be a bit, but if EA is a good weapon at least I won't have to shuffle one of them around to each character...

LIVE: mikepaul

Evil intentionally does harm to innocent beings. Good will occasionally do harm to innocent beings, but it's not intentional. Try not to be Evil. Strive to be Good...
post #1383 of 3616 Old 01-01-2015, 08:18 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1847 Post(s)
Liked: 2165
For those needing black wax idols for the upgrade to husk of the pit. Go to earth on patrol. When you appear, to your left is a small building that has stairs going down. Go down them and then to the right in the broken down subway. There is a Hive major and two of his hive minions. Kill them with headshots, they routinely drop black wax idols. If they don't, leave the subway, go outside, run into the cave opposite you (to kill time and check for a spawning chest) turn around and run back down. they will of respawned that quickly, rinse and repeat. They respawn within seconds if you leave.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1384 of 3616 Old 01-01-2015, 08:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
It's a Level 6 mission called "The Dark Beyond". (It's probably the story's introduction to the Hive). I just watched a video about the fastest way to enable that upgrade which suggests that you do it on at least Level 9 (you can do it on up to Level 30); at the beginning your Ghost scans a dead Guardian and cannot revive him after which a door into the Hellmouth opens and a bunch of Thralls come rushing out with a Hallowed Knight and few other things. If you don't kill the Hallowed Knight it'll keep sending Thralls at you for a while so kill them all and then the Acolytes and Hallowed Acolytes before the Knight all using Husk of the Pit. You can then go in and finish the mission, which requires you to kill a Wizard before it ends (I remember doing it as a Daily Heroic Story and thinking "What??? That's all???" I'm sure that it was much more exciting when my character was Level 6 ).
I do almost all Eris' bounties on the end of "The Dark Beyond". If you can't die, go to orbit. Don't kill the yellow-bar knight.

Sony XBR-65A1E // Denon X6300H // Klipsch RF-7ii (x2), RC-64ii, RB-51ii (x4) // SVS PB12-Plus // Xbox One X // WDTV Live // Sony UBP-X700 // Chromecast Ultra // Harmony 670
post #1385 of 3616 Old 01-01-2015, 09:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Quote:
It looks like it's probably worth upgrading(at least to legendary), but it takes 4ever. I'm nowhere near the Eris Morn level to get the required orb. I'll keep it, but it'll be a distant memory by the time I reach that point.
I got the orb already just need to get the kills in. I hear telemetries help it along also.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
PROTOCOL 3: PROTECT THE PILOT
post #1386 of 3616 Old 01-01-2015, 09:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I do wish that when I get invited to play with someone, they picked things to do more in line with their level.

Strike Playlist has tended to be a little bit tough for under-20 characters, so the priest on Venus took like three tries before we killed him, and I think I set a record for reviving my team. Gjallarhorn was only moderately effective on the priest since only tracking has been activated so far. If I can find gear that doubles my rocket supply (to 10), I'm going to go for it no matter what other perks I lose...

Evil intentionally does harm to innocent beings. Good will occasionally do harm to innocent beings, but it's not intentional. Try not to be Evil. Strive to be Good...
post #1387 of 3616 Old 01-01-2015, 09:29 AM

Quoted: 2844 Post(s)
Liked: 1518
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
For those needing black wax idols for the upgrade to husk of the pit. Go to earth on patrol. When you appear, to your left is a small building that has stairs going down. Go down them and then to the right in the broken down subway. There is a Hive major and two of his hive minions. Kill them with headshots, they routinely drop black wax idols. If they don't, leave the subway, go outside, run into the cave opposite you (to kill time and check for a spawning chest) turn around and run back down. they will of respawned that quickly, rinse and repeat. They respawn within seconds if you leave.

I routinely go there for "Kill 10 Hive Majors or Ultras" bounties (as do many other players). I never realized that precision kills would increase their frequency of dropping BWIs. I'll be careful to finish them off that way from now on.

Last edited by michaeltscott; 01-01-2015 at 09:51 AM.
post #1388 of 3616 Old 01-01-2015, 09:47 AM

Yesterday something interesting happened. I was in the Rocketyard killing Hive for some bounties when a message flashed above my super energy bar saying something like "the enemy are engaging each other" after which a big battle started up in the area next to me, a place where a Knight and a few Acolytes face off against a Vandal and a few Dregs across a large puddle, perpetually shooting at one another. None of them ever cross that space between them, but suddenly there's a brawl with many more from each side mingling in combat, including a Fallen Captain or two. Weird.
post #1389 of 3616 Old 01-01-2015, 09:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I didn't realize precision got BWI either, good to know. Here's a good weapon PVP review:

post #1390 of 3616 Old 01-01-2015, 09:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yesterday something interesting happened. I was in the Rocketyard killing Hive for some bounties when a message flashed above my super energy bar saying something like "the enemy are engaging each other" after which a big battle started up in the area next to me, a place where a Knight and a few Acolytes face off against a Vandal and a few Dregs across a large puddle, perpetually shooting at one another. None of them ever cross that space between them, but suddenly there's a brawl with many more from each side mingling in combat, including a Fallen Captain or two. Weird.
I believe what you saw was called a Faction War. Not common, and I've only seen maybe a couple ever-but they're way cool. One of 'em I saw lasted what seemed like FOREVER. It was fun engaging w/ them.

post #1391 of 3616 Old 01-01-2015, 10:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I didn't realize precision got BWI either, good to know. Here's a good weapon PVP review:
The shotgun I got from VoG the other day was the legendary Final Verdict, and is the best shotgun I've found so far. I was glad that it was mentioned as OK for a non-exotic. If I ever HAVE to do PvP again, that's what I'll try to use. Until I find a shotgun that loads from a clip in a big hurry, that is...

post #1392 of 3616 Old 01-01-2015, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Where do you all go to find people for nightfalls, weeklies and raids? Do you do randoms at the LFG site? I do not have enough friends to do the raids with, I can scrape some up for the weeklies and nightfalls but not always. I am a level 30 warlock, but have never done a raid withr VOG or Crota.
post #1393 of 3616 Old 01-01-2015, 11:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaba View Post
Where do you all go to find people for nightfalls, weeklies and raids? Do you do randoms at the LFG site? I do not have enough friends to do the raids with, I can scrape some up for the weeklies and nightfalls but not always. I am a level 30 warlock, but have never done a raid withr VOG or Crota.
I have been invited while in The Tower. People sometimes mention 'recent players' in their message, but my memory for player names is so short I just go along with the idea that I played with them recently. If I get a friend request out of a raid, that just makes it easier to be invited next time. It's not like a Normal VoG will do me a lot of good now, gear-wise, but I try to help where help is requested.

If you manage to squeak your level up to 31 with enough new gear, I imagine you'll attract more offers...

post #1394 of 3616 Old 01-01-2015, 11:27 AM

Quote:
I believe what you saw was called a Faction War. Not common, and I've only seen maybe a couple ever-but they're way cool. One of 'em I saw lasted what seemed like FOREVER. It was fun engaging w/ them.
I googled "destiny faction war" and got a bunch of references to a war which happened between the factions (Dead Orbit, Future War Cult, etc) in the City.

Now that I think of it I've seen it happen a couple of times at Skywatch, hanging around waiting for the "Defend the Warsat" event that used to happen there (I haven't been there since they increased the frequency of public events, the path to it being annoying; looking at DestinyPublicEvents.com, I see that it's now marked as being rare). I don't recall a message above the super energy bar but I often miss those; they should be more conspicuous. I just watched a clip where a guy parked in front of a cave and mowed down the enemies which constantly spawned (right in front of him) to come out and participate. He and his friend entitled it the "Secret War" .

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #1395 of 3616 Old 01-01-2015, 12:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I googled "destiny faction war" and got a bunch of references to a war which happened between the factions (Dead Orbit, Future War Cult, etc) in the City.

Now that I think of it I've seen it happen a couple of times at Skywatch, hanging around waiting for the "Defend the Warsat" event that used to happen there (I haven't been there since they increased the frequency of public events, the path to it being annoying; looking at DestinyPublicEvents.com, I see that it's now marked as being rare). I don't recall a message above the super energy bar but I often miss those; they should be more conspicuous. I just watched a clip where a guy parked in front of a cave and mowed down the enemies which constantly spawned (right in front of him) to come out and participate. He and his friend entitled it the "Secret War" .
Forgot to mention Skywatch is where I saw mine(both times). HELLA fun is all I can say. Like the opening seen of D-day in Saving Private Ryan-ammo flying everywhere! Lasted long enough to make it fun too. Hope to see it again soon.

post #1396 of 3616 Old 01-01-2015, 12:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
This made it much easier for me: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/176179

post #1397 of 3616 Old 01-01-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Forgot to mention Skywatch is where I saw mine(both times). HELLA fun is all I can say. Like the opening seen of D-day in Saving Private Ryan-ammo flying everywhere! Lasted long enough to make it fun too. Hope to see it again soon.

I just perched on top of the shed next to their battleground and watched, it being more interesting than target practice on the area Fallen and Hive. Eventually they'd notice and start shooting at me, at which point I'd have to fight back .
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

post #1398 of 3616 Old 01-01-2015, 02:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 743 Post(s)
Liked: 688
Quote:
Had this happened when a friend and I were doing the Urzok Urn mission.
Spoiler!

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #1399 of 3616 Old 01-02-2015, 08:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
You, and anyone else here feel free to add me. CryingFreemanYo, I'm a level 31 Hunter. I have about 40 other friends that are around the same level so it's not too hard putting together a raid team at a whim.
post #1400 of 3616 Old 01-02-2015, 05:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

They should include stats about other players for the rest of us to be able to read. One of them should be Times Vault of Glass Completed.

The reason for that is, too many times seems to make a player hard and inflexible about how VoG should/must be played, and all other players are expected to bow before their wisdom.

Not having done it much, only one completed non-stop and a few parts here and there, I noticed that one specific technique for The Templar worked and pushed that we use it. We would have just bunched up on the 'good' side, killing anything that came at us, ignoring the Oracles and getting cleansed instead, shooting at The Templar as best we could. Given we did this fast enough, it would work. It has worked.

No, says the more experienced player. That will only work if everyone is Level 30 or higher (we had a Level 24). We must do it the way that's worked for me over 100 times. You go here and cover Oracles, you two go there and inhibit Templar movement by standing in that circle, and the relic holder should just kill Harpies and bring down the Templar's shield. No, no, you're not doing it right, you're still bunched up together. I don't CARE if you like that side, do what I say.

Sometimes ignorance IS bliss. I didn't know you could inhibit Templar movement. I'd been there when he moved as he wanted and we won anyway. Did it take longer? Don't know, I haven't seen this other technique work to say. When we gave up, I was booted from the party and the fireteam, so I don't expect I'll be teamed with those guys again to find out. Apparently exasperation in my voice instead of subservient compliance has a price attached.

So I might still volunteer for VoG assistance, but I'll probably ask about how we'll deal with The Templar, and if I don't like the answer I'll bail. There's stuff that's fun, and there's other stuff that just sucks. I'd like to learn for myself that a technique won't work because of player level, and not just accept that it won't. The fun comes from trying...

post #1401 of 3616 Old 01-02-2015, 08:17 PM

Xur is standing in the Future War Cult area. He's got Dragon's Breath for 17 SC (Exotic Fire Damage Rocket Launcher), some Exotic Titan leg armor, Hunter gauntlets and Warlock Chest Armor, Exotic Gauntlet Decoherent Engram for 23 MoL (I think) and an Exotic Shard for 7 SC. The Engram gave me something to do with my MoL; it resolved to a pair of Titan Gauntlets which I had no use for. Broken down it yielded an Exotic Shard with which I finished leveling up Super Good Advice (saving 7 SC). I don't have the SC or I'd buy Dragon's Breath; I need four more so maybe I'll pick them up tomorrow.

BTW, I tried killing the three Hallowed Hive in that cellar near the Cosmodrome Patrol drop-off with headshots and got no Black Wax Idols in 12 kills. I did pick up a few taking down Sword of Crota Knights which I did half a dozen times in an hour or two.

I haven't tried charging up Husk of the Pit at the end of The Dark Beyond yet. I've got the upgrade half charged with a couple of sessions of killing Hive in the Rocketyard, particularly the bunch that pour out of the room where the Crota Knight was summoned after he gets taken out. (I picked up a couple of scan patrol missions lately which took me through that building at the far side of the Rocketyard; there's some pretty high powered Hive back up there. It must be the area from that first mission of The Dark Below).

post #1402 of 3616 Old 01-03-2015, 03:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

The legendary version of the Husk is not very good...Hopefully, the exotic version is worth it.

I bought 3 exotic engrams and received Ruin Wings.

FYI, there are decent exotic reviews at planetdestiny.
post #1403 of 3616 Old 01-03-2015, 03:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepaul View Post
They should include stats about other players for the rest of us to be able to read. One of them should be Times Vault of Glass Completed.

The reason for that is, too many times seems to make a player hard and inflexible about how VoG should/must be played, and all other players are expected to bow before their wisdom.

Not having done it much, only one completed non-stop and a few parts here and there, I noticed that one specific technique for The Templar worked and pushed that we use it. We would have just bunched up on the 'good' side, killing anything that came at us, ignoring the Oracles and getting cleansed instead, shooting at The Templar as best we could. Given we did this fast enough, it would work. It has worked.

No, says the more experienced player. That will only work if everyone is Level 30 or higher (we had a Level 24). We must do it the way that's worked for me over 100 times. You go here and cover Oracles, you two go there and inhibit Templar movement by standing in that circle, and the relic holder should just kill Harpies and bring down the Templar's shield. No, no, you're not doing it right, you're still bunched up together. I don't CARE if you like that side, do what I say.

Sometimes ignorance IS bliss. I didn't know you could inhibit Templar movement. I'd been there when he moved as he wanted and we won anyway. Did it take longer? Don't know, I haven't seen this other technique work to say. When we gave up, I was booted from the party and the fireteam, so I don't expect I'll be teamed with those guys again to find out. Apparently exasperation in my voice instead of subservient compliance has a price attached.

So I might still volunteer for VoG assistance, but I'll probably ask about how we'll deal with The Templar, and if I don't like the answer I'll bail. There's stuff that's fun, and there's other stuff that just sucks. I'd like to learn for myself that a technique won't work because of player level, and not just accept that it won't. The fun comes from trying...
...and my preferred method is to have everyone stay high up on the spawn point and one person run the relic.

Templar finally gifted me a Fatebringer. Finally.
post #1404 of 3616 Old 01-03-2015, 04:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepaul View Post
Destinytracker.com
post #1405 of 3616 Old 01-03-2015, 06:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post
Destinytracker.com
Thanks, didn't know about that...

post #1406 of 3616 Old 01-03-2015, 06:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
...and my preferred method is to have everyone stay high up on the spawn point and one person run the relic.
Interesting. There's usually one guy who wants to stay up there, and when (never works out to be IF) he's killed we limp along without. One time, a short-handed team I was on did try to do it from there, but we didn't manage to handle all the Oracles and eventually gave up. I guess with enough watching everybody's back it's doable, although that thing about not letting The Templar teleport is out...

post #1407 of 3616 Old 01-03-2015, 06:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The legendary version of the Husk is not very good...Hopefully, the exotic version is worth it.
My Hunter has started using hers, and I find it a little better than Atheon's Epilogue. Still have to fire in bursts most of the time to stay on-target, but them's the breaks...

post #1408 of 3616 Old 01-03-2015, 07:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Destinytracker.com
Your profile at Bungie.net also shows it for both Crota and Atheon

post #1409 of 3616 Old 01-03-2015, 07:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

[QUOTE=michaeltscott;30439106]Xur is standing in the Future War Cult area. He's got Dragon's Breath for 17 SC (Exotic Fire Damage Rocket Launcher), some Exotic Titan leg armor, Hunter gauntlets and Warlock Chest Armor, Exotic Gauntlet Decoherent Engram for 23 MoL (I think) and an Exotic Shard for 7 SC. The Engram gave me something to do with my MoL; it resolved to a pair of Titan Gauntlets which I had no use for. Broken down it yielded an Exotic Shard with which I finished leveling up Super Good Advice (saving 7 SC). I don't have the SC or I'd buy Dragon's Breath; I need four more so maybe I'll pick them up tomorrow.

post #1410 of 3616 Old 01-03-2015, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I upgraded my Gjallarhorn yesterday and began the grind back to where it had been. I hadn't unlocked the Wolfpack perk for the post-impact missiles, so it wasn't that big a loss. Today I got drafted into doing the Weekly Nightfall Strike again because I had it unlocked and a couple of guys who didn't wanted to do it, and Gjallarhorn came in really handy at the end. I am seriously happy that this upgrade showed up when it did...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Destiny Xbox One

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page