Xbox One Kinect Extender - Page 29 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 80Likes

post #841 of 904 Old 06-14-2016, 12:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1902 Post(s)
Liked: 635
Did we ever get this working?

If you buy the XBox One S and if you have a Kinect, MS will give you the adapter for free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 904 Old 06-16-2016, 07:18 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock3x8 View Post

If you buy the XBox One S and if you have a Kinect, MS will give you the adapter for free.
There's still some questions on lengths over 25' but here's where we are so far: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/141-xb...l#post41092410

My Main Setup
Display: Panasonic TC-P60ST60 w/Acoustic Research ARRX18G XSight Touch
Sound: Yamaha RX-V375 / Pioneer AJ SP-PK52FS 5.0 / Dual SVS PB-1000s
Sources: DirecTV HR44/200 / Xbox One 500GB w/Kinect & 4TB External / 1st Gen Chromecast / HP EliteBook 8460p (Win10)
post #843 of 904 Old 06-16-2016, 07:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by COZisBack View Post
Quote:

There's still some questions on lengths over 25' but here's where we are so far: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/141-xb...l#post41092410
Bummer. I would need 35' but there's no way I'm dropping that kind of money. Easier just to run a 50' HDMI from screen wall to AV closet and move the whole damn thing to the front of the room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #844 of 904 Old 06-16-2016, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Bummer. I would need 35' but there's no way I'm dropping that kind of money. Easier just to run a 50' HDMI from screen wall to AV closet and move the whole damn thing to the front of the room.
Give me a few more weeks of testing and I'll provide an update. I'm going to try swapping out my Kinect.

Though moving your Xbox to the front of the room is best ,understand that it's 3 HDMI cables being ran if to a TV. 1 to TV from AVR, 1 to Xbox from STB and 1 from Xbox to AVR.

My Main Setup
Sources: DirecTV HR44/200 / Xbox One 500GB w/Kinect & 4TB External / 1st Gen Chromecast / HP EliteBook 8460p (Win10)
post #845 of 904 Old 06-17-2016, 02:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Give me a few more weeks of testing and I'll provide an update. I'm going to try swapping out my Kinect.

Though moving your Xbox to the front of the room is best ,understand that it's 3 HDMI cables being ran if to a TV. 1 to TV from AVR, 1 to Xbox from STB and 1 from Xbox to AVR.
I would either move my TV Box with it or just not bother with the TV stuff. I'm more interested in being able to skype on my theater screen
COZisBack likes this.
post #846 of 904 Old 07-15-2016, 02:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

post #847 of 904 Old 07-31-2016, 09:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks to you guys, and BOOO to Microsoft

So, I finally bit the bullet and purchased the necessary cables and such to extend my kinect into the theater. For which I must thank you guys on giving me the bill of materials that work.

I purchased the windows kinect adapter and the 25' - Tripp Lite USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Active Repeater Cable (AB M/M) 25-ft. (U328-025) and all was well in my world - FOR TWO WHOLE DAYs. Then Microsoft rolled out the summer update and now my kinect won't work via the extension solution.

I unplugged the kinect from the extender, plugged it back into the xbox one, did a hard power down, and the kinect woke back up fine and dandy. Did another hard power down, plugged the kinect back into the extender and nothing. No lights on the kinect itself, no recognition that the kinect is plugged in from the xbox. But I do get a white light on the windows adapter.

Sooo disappointed as I just wasted 80+ bucks on cables.

Anyone else get the update and have their extension solution working?

Enjoy the show!
post #848 of 904 Old 07-31-2016, 09:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdawg View Post
So, I finally bit the bullet and purchased the necessary cables and such to extend my kinect into the theater. For which I must thank you guys on giving me the bill of materials that work.

I purchased the windows kinect adapter and the 25' - Tripp Lite USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Active Repeater Cable (AB M/M) 25-ft. (U328-025) and all was well in my world - FOR TWO WHOLE DAYs. Then Microsoft rolled out the summer update and now my kinect won't work via the extension solution.

I unplugged the kinect from the extender, plugged it back into the xbox one, did a hard power down, and the kinect woke back up fine and dandy. Did another hard power down, plugged the kinect back into the extender and nothing. No lights on the kinect itself, no recognition that the kinect is plugged in from the xbox. But I do get a white light on the windows adapter.

FYI, for anyone having the same issue as me. I turned Cortana off, and after that reboot cycle the kinect came back up on the extender. After multiple quick on reboots and full power down reboots it has came back on every time.

Enjoy the show!
post #849 of 904 Old 08-05-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Is this helpful for our cause? 65ft USB3 cable

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreak...oost-usb-power
Unfortunately, I think this will result in the same.... well results.

My Main Setup
post #850 of 904 Old 08-05-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:

This is exactly what I'm going through right now. I'm trying to do some more investigating. My kinect works perfectly fine when plugged directly into my Xbox One (Original). I'm wondering if the result is the same since the Xbox One S was released with the Xbox Windows Adapter in mind.

Quote:
FYI, for anyone having the same issue as me. I turned Cortana off, and after that reboot cycle the kinect came back up on the extender. After multiple quick on reboots and full power down reboots it has came back on every time.
Keep us posted on your results over the next few weeks. I can get my Kinect to come back after unplugging and etc. etc. I'm having the problem of keeping it from going offline.

My Main Setup
post #851 of 904 Old 08-05-2016, 02:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 655 Post(s)
Liked: 426
I've had this setup for a long time now. I'm in the preview program and for the last few weeks it's been wonky. In the Kinect calibration settings the system would insist that the Kinect was disconnected and there was no video yet voice commands continued to work. This week I moved to the new One S and things are back to working as intended.
COZisBack likes this.
post #852 of 904 Old 08-06-2016, 10:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
This is exactly what I'm going through right now. I'm trying to do some more investigating. My kinect works perfectly fine when plugged directly into my Xbox One (Original). I'm wondering if the result is the same since the Xbox One S was released with the Xbox Windows Adapter in mind.

Keep us posted on your results over the next few weeks. I can get my Kinect to come back after unplugging and etc. etc. I'm having the problem of keeping it from going offline.
I can't speak to the camera, but voice commands are working fine, since my last post. I have the kinect behind speaker grill fabric under the front projection screen. (Sole purpose is voice commands.)

Enjoy the show!
post #853 of 904 Old 08-08-2016, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillaz View Post
I've had this setup for a long time now. I'm in the preview program and for the last few weeks it's been wonky. In the Kinect calibration settings the system would insist that the Kinect was disconnected and there was no video yet voice commands continued to work. This week I moved to the new One S and things are back to working as intended.
Thanks for your response. Is your One S in the Preview Program as well? I'm wondering if my One is acting up due to being in the Preview Program or if the One S would act up as well if in Preview Program. I've experienced similar issues you've mentioned. Light on Kinect would be on, settings menu won't show video and voice commands would still work. Nothing I could do to troubleshoot this.

Quote:
I can't speak to the camera, but voice commands are working fine, since my last post. I have the kinect behind speaker grill fabric under the front projection screen. (Sole purpose is voice commands.)
Yeah, my voice commands work as long as the Light is showing on the Kinect. I would get no response when the Kinect light wasn't on, though everything is connected.

My Main Setup
post #854 of 904 Old 08-08-2016, 09:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 655 Post(s)
Liked: 426
Quote:
Thanks for your response. Is your One S in the Preview Program as well? I'm wondering if my One is acting up due to being in the Preview Program or if the One S would act up as well if in Preview Program. I've experienced similar issues you've mentioned. Light on Kinect would be on, settings menu won't show video and voice commands would still work. Nothing I could do to troubleshoot this.

Yeah, my voice commands work as long as the Light is showing on the Kinect. I would get no response when the Kinect light wasn't on, though everything is connected.
My original xbox is in the preview program and exhibited the exact symptoms you just described. I bought the One S and everything went back to normal, though it wasn't in the preview for the first couple of days while I waited for MS to process my re-enrollment. My preview enrollment for the S was enabled on Thursday. Everything continues to work as expected, though the USB extender cable MUST be plugged in to the USB1 port on the back of the One S. Plugging it into any other port triggers a message saying to plug it into the 1st port.
post #855 of 904 Old 08-08-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillaz View Post
My original xbox is in the preview program and exhibited the exact symptoms you just described. I bought the One S and everything went back to normal, though it wasn't in the preview for the first couple of days while I waited for MS to process my re-enrollment. My preview enrollment for the S was enabled on Thursday. Everything continues to work as expected, though the USB extender cable MUST be plugged in to the USB1 port on the back of the One S. Plugging it into any other port triggers a message saying to plug it into the 1st port.
I was getting the same damn message on my original the other weak on all three USB ports until I did a hard reset. I'm going to try and investigate more.

My Main Setup
post #856 of 904 Old 08-11-2016, 02:38 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just to confirm what others have already said, I have:

- Xbox One S
- Xbox One Kinect
- Xbox One S USB Kinect Adapter (the one they send free which also works for Windows 10)
- Tripp Lite USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Active Repeater Cable (AB M/M) 25-ft. (U328-025)
- am in the preview program with latest update

OS version 10.0.14393.1027
Kinect version 4.0.3917.0:7

Everything is working (although I don't honestly use the Kinect much). It sees me....Cortana hears me...You do very specifically have to plug into USB on the back next to the HDMI in port...This is the ONLY port that works and it tells you this if you try any other port.

This would be the cheapest way to get to around 31.5' total (with the Kinect cable itself being around 6.5')...(this assumes you already had an Xbox One before the S and got an S later...) If someone never owned an Xbox One before and picked up the S as a first time Xbox One owner, they could just register a friend's Xbox One who doesn't care, then register the Kinect and S and get the USB adapter free. Most people probably don't register anything...

Last edited by ChomskyKnows; 08-12-2016 at 10:21 AM. Reason: corrected length of Kinect cable
post #857 of 904 Old 08-12-2016, 04:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Well, now the kinect does not function again. At first it did not work to turn on the console via voice, but it would work once the xbox was powered on. Now it won't even work when the xbox is powered on. I am not in the preview program, but will try different USB ports. Right now it is plugged into one of the back USB ports, but I don't know which one.

I have seen reports of people with the S having the same problems on reddit, so hopefully this is something that Microsoft will sort out. Until then I guess I'll just use the media remote to power on the system.

Enjoy the show!
post #858 of 904 Old 08-20-2016, 12:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Well, now the kinect does not function again. At first it did not work to turn on the console via voice, but it would work once the xbox was powered on. Now it won't even work when the xbox is powered on. I am not in the preview program, but will try different USB ports. Right now it is plugged into one of the back USB ports, but I don't know which one.

I have seen reports of people with the S having the same problems on reddit, so hopefully this is something that Microsoft will sort out. Until then I guess I'll just use the media remote to power on the system.
Update - I turned cortana back on, after todays update. I can use cortana to put the xbox to sleep and wake it up via kinect now.

Enjoy the show!
post #859 of 904 Old 08-28-2016, 03:58 AM - Thread Starter
Bass and Hi-Fi Enthusiast

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2006 Post(s)
Liked: 1018
Now that my one year old is walking and standing, he's starting to get curious and trying to reach up to play with the Xbox one. So I may finally move it from under my tv, over to the electronics cabinet. Good to see after all this time that there is now a solution that seems to work!

| 7.2.4 Photos (Updated Photos 1/5) | Frequency Response | Visual: LG 65” B7A OLED | Elite VMAX-2 Electric 120" | Optoma GT1080 Proj |
| AVR/Amps: Marantz SR-6011 9C | Audio Source AMP-100VS | iNuke 1000DSP; TTs: 4x AuraSound Pro |
| Center: B&W CM Center 2 S2 Ed | Fronts: 2x B&W 684 S1s | Side Surrounds: 2x B&W 685 S1 |
| Front/Rear Heights: 4x Polk T15 | In-Ceiling: 2x Micca M-8C | Subs: 2x Rythmik FV15HP |
post #860 of 904 Old 08-29-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
Now that my one year old is walking and standing, he's starting to get curious and trying to reach up to play with the Xbox one. So I may finally move it from under my tv, over to the electronics cabinet. Good to see after all this time that there is now a solution that seems to work!
I wouldn't say "working". Too many of us are still having issues. At this very moment, I can't get my Kinect to do anything through my extender, no light, no anything. Works fine when plugged directly into the Kinect port. The extension USB 3.0 cable does work as I was able to use a microUSB cable to plug my controller into it without batteries. So right now, I can't recommend anything.

My Main Setup
post #861 of 904 Old 08-30-2016, 08:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1050 Post(s)
Liked: 862
Got my xbox one s adapter for my Kinect but it's not working. It recognizes the Kinect but it's not picking up any audio.
post #862 of 904 Old 09-09-2016, 12:43 PM

Looks like Microsoft may have killed the ability for Original Xbox One owners (like myself).

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-o...xtension-cable

My Main Setup
post #863 of 904 Old 09-09-2016, 02:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 1056 Post(s)
Liked: 1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsaber View Post
Got my xbox one s adapter for my Kinect but it's not working. It recognizes the Kinect but it's not picking up any audio.
It works great for me. In fact (and I don't know if it's because it's a new dashboard version or if it's because the One S is clocked faster), but commands definitely work faster than before. Even when you say, "Hey Cortana" with the One S asleep, the light on the Kinect comes on much faster and is ready to hear "Xbox On" faster.

But then again, I don't do any kind of extension.

If running the configuration doesn't fix it, try restarting the system and run the configuration again. Worst worst case is to reset the console to factory and then run configuration.
post #864 of 904 Old 09-12-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
It works great for me. In fact (and I don't know if it's because it's a new dashboard version or if it's because the One S is clocked faster), but commands definitely work faster than before. Even when you say, "Hey Cortana" with the One S asleep, the light on the Kinect comes on much faster and is ready to hear "Xbox On" faster.

But then again, I don't do any kind of extension.

If running the configuration doesn't fix it, try restarting the system and run the configuration again. Worst worst case is to reset the console to factory and then run configuration.
There hasn't been any complaints when not using an extension. It definitely is specific to extensions.

My Main Setup
post #865 of 904 Old 09-13-2016, 01:20 PM

Liked: 0
Unhappy

Maybe you guys can assist or tell me I am SOL..

Purchased the following
Kinect Adapter for Windows
Tripp Lite active USB cable

Hooked them up to my XBONE using the Kinect adapter (included cable) to my Kinect 2 and have no issue with voice commands, but when I go into Kinect settings, it does not recognize my Kinect even though camer light, infrared LEDs and Kinect power light are all active.

I can turn xbox on and off using voice, but I cannot auto sign in, use gestures or anything else Kinect.

Plugging Kinect into proprietary port works without issue
Swapping USB ports has no effect
using the tripp lite cable produces same result.

Kinect and XBONE are both updated to latest versions.

Ideas?
post #866 of 904 Old 09-14-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OT_Normie View Post
Maybe you guys can assist or tell me I am SOL..

Purchased the following
Kinect Adapter for Windows
Tripp Lite active USB cable

Hooked them up to my XBONE using the Kinect adapter (included cable) to my Kinect 2 and have no issue with voice commands, but when I go into Kinect settings, it does not recognize my Kinect even though camer light, infrared LEDs and Kinect power light are all active.

I can turn xbox on and off using voice, but I cannot auto sign in, use gestures or anything else Kinect.

Plugging Kinect into proprietary port works without issue
Swapping USB ports has no effect
using the tripp lite cable produces same result.

Kinect and XBONE are both updated to latest versions.

Ideas?
Original XBOX One or XBOX One S?

My Main Setup
post #867 of 904 Old 09-26-2016, 05:25 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Original XBOX One or XBOX One S?

Sorry for the delay was renovating the living room. Original xbox one.
post #868 of 904 Old 09-30-2016, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OT_Normie View Post
Sorry for the delay was renovating the living room. Original xbox one.
No problem. According to Microsoft you're SOL.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-o...xtension-cable

My Main Setup
post #869 of 904 Old 11-15-2016, 06:34 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
No problem. According to Microsoft you're SOL.
This stinks. The extension cable was working pretty well for a while until Microsoft disabled the capability.
post #870 of 904 Old 11-15-2016, 08:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojitoskipper View Post
This stinks. The extension cable was working pretty well for a while until Microsoft disabled the capability.
Is the adapter with active usb extension cable working with the xbox one s?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Xbox One Console Standard Edition

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page