Originally Posted by Marafice Eye
Nah man, voice your opinion. I'm genuinely curious what people don't like about it. I myself am one of the people that sticks with Halo for the story/universe, the gameplay and such are completely secondary to me
- The game does not feel like a Halo game, feels like a crutch having these other team mates that kill everything, revive you, etc.
- AI of teammates is absolutely horrible. One time, one of them was behind a box, with wide open space on both sides of the box, but it kept running into the box trying to catch up, wasn't smart enough to go around a tiny obstacle.
- If you get in the back of a warthog because you want the fun of firing, the marine driver is horrible and spends a lot of time not going anywhere or helping you get the shot on the enemy.
- Everything is so linear, small path to walk down, not much variety to do things other than walk down that path and kill the group of enemies. Sure a few times you could take another path that takes you slightly higher but you still have no variety in how you want to approach that battle.
- The aiming is absolutely horrible. You aim down the reticule but if you get hit, it breaks that aim mode. You mean to tell me that in this advanced age of technology represented in the game, getting shot causes you to stop looking down your sights? You don't loose anything else, you can keep firing, do whatever, but you simply can't look down the sights. Horrible mechanics.
- None of the weapons "feel" good. They all feel like pea shooters. Nothing has that bad ass feel to it.
- Rocket launchers, shoot it at the ground or an enemy and you kill that one enemy, no big explosion to take out a group and it takes multiple rocket launchers (the most powerful thing in the game) to take down vehicles.
- Grenades are about as effective as a party popper. Tiny explosion area and minimal damage unless it lands at their feet. Everything now knows how to step aside when you throw a sticky grenade so they rarely work.
- Ending of the game is absolutely horrible and a cop out to make you buy the next one.
- The huge multi-player game mode (forget the dang name right now) is just a lot of running to the area just to get killed by the enemy camping in a location and spawn and run again. Sure you can change your spawn point but it is never close to what you want to do.
- Ammo is rare, making you have to use weapons you really don't want to because most enemies are bullet sponges now.
- Enemies that blink, cool concept - poorly executed. They just blink everywhere, no logic to it, they blink away, up high, back down low, up high again, back to the same spot, very poorly executed that becomes annoying and not an ability to help them in combat.
- Mini-bosses that you have to shoot its back only. Really, on a boss that just faces you all the time, no ability to get past him to get behind. You just have to wait until your enemy fires enough to make it turn. That is what Halo 5 is now, shoot the glowing thing on its back, not original at all.
- The team that follows you seems like an after thought, no way to really coordinate anything, go here and defend, etc. they are just there doing their own thing.
Could go on with some more but you get the point. Not a fan and I have played every Halo game, even the strategy game, and have defended this series in some heated debates against critics. Not sure I can do that now.