Xbox One, Media Player, and PlayOn broken by last update - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-05-2014, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Xbox One, Media Player, and PlayOn broken by last update

Right after the Media Player was released for the One, I found that I could use PlayOn just like on my 360 to catch up on TV shows I was missing, like The Flash.

The last One update seems to have broken that functionality, while it still works on the 360. I used the Comment option on the error message the One generated, to complain, but I have no idea if anyone at Microsoft actually reads those.

Anyone else notice this, with PlayOn or another server, and maybe developed a workaround?...

LIVE: mikepaul

Evil intentionally does harm to innocent beings. Good will occasionally do harm to innocent beings, but it's not intentional. Try not to be Evil. Strive to be Good...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-06-2014, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

There was another update yesterday that I applied, but it changed nothing about this issue...

Evil intentionally does harm to innocent beings. Good will occasionally do harm to innocent beings, but it's not intentional. Try not to be Evil. Strive to be Good...
post #3 of 4 Old 12-09-2014, 03:08 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I don't recall any One updates lately...

I thought I'd try to get PlayOn working and test it for you. Do I need to get a PlayOn app for the One? I searched and didn't find one. So either there isn't one or they stopped supporting it.

Denon AVR-X4000 | Klipsch RF82 - RC62 - RS62 - (RSX4 satellites not hooked up yet) | av123 MFW-15 subwoofer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 12-09-2014, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onk Yo View Post
I don't recall any One updates lately...

I thought I'd try to get PlayOn working and test it for you. Do I need to get a PlayOn app for the One? I searched and didn't find one. So either there isn't one or they stopped supporting it.
The recently released Media Player for the One seeks out UPnP servers like PlayOn and TVersity. I have both running, although I only use PlayOn for the Internet videos it has in its inventory.

Everything still works on the 360, so it's not a failure of PlayOn. PlayOn transcodes whatever format is out there on the web into whatever the 360 is using, maybe WMV, maybe MP4, and the 360 shows it. The Media Player on the One can still play MP4 videos, so there's no general failure there either.

If you get PlayOn to play The Flash off The CW 'channel' on the One, I'll recheck here.

And my use of the One is limited since I prefer playing games with my 360 controller, but I did get an update on the 5th, while an update maybe a week earlier seemed to have caused the issue...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page