Dying Light? - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 12Likes

post #31 of 49 Old 02-07-2015, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 259
A lot to take in but this should help...

http://kotaku.com/tips-for-playing-d...ght-1682875644
Tips For Playing Dying Light

Hello there, fellow zombie hunters. Dying Light is upon us. Is the intense difficulty curve getting to you too? Here are the best techniques I've found to help get me through the night in the undead wasteland of Harran. Maybe even survive the whole next day, too! But let's not get ahead of ourselves.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 49 Old 02-07-2015, 07:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 31
ok im sold.

Im mean what other options are there? Its pretty dry for games right now.
post #33 of 49 Old 02-07-2015, 11:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 491 Post(s)
Liked: 628
Oh Kotaku... I see they still hire middle school kids to write their articles. Some good info in there, though!

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 49 Old 02-08-2015, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Played a few hrs coop this weekend. This game is great!I was one of the few who enjoyed dead island and this game takes all the sucky parts out and adds lots of good stuff. The sense of dread comes out at night! It almost feels like walking dead when played with friends. Love it!
post #35 of 49 Old 02-14-2015, 08:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Game is great. Thanks for talking me into it. I'd give it an 8.5. Everything from the soundtrack to graphics creates a perfect zombie environment. I like how night time is actually challanging (so few games offer this).

Haven't tried coop yet.

This game begs for a high quality audio system or headphones.
post #36 of 49 Old 02-14-2015, 10:31 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver View Post
Game is great. Thanks for talking me into it. I'd give it an 8.5. Everything from the soundtrack to graphics creates a perfect zombie environment. I like how night time is actually challanging (so few games offer this).

Haven't tried coop yet.

Nice!
Co-op can be quite hilarious, happy you are enjoying it. I am at the point now where I prefer wading into a group and going full Jackie Chan on them until my health gets to around 30% then I leap out of the fray, heal then do it again.
post #37 of 49 Old 02-16-2015, 05:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Liked: 348
I think I'll grab this once I finish Dragon Age. Now, to get it for Xbone or Ps4..hmmm.
post #38 of 49 Old 02-17-2015, 03:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Only issue I have with the sound is that there is no dynamic range with the stock setting. Everything is just IN YOUR FACE LOUD. Trust me, if you have a capable system or decent headphones, drop the music down to 50%, the sound effects down to about 65% and the dialogue down to about 75% in the options. I found that helped tremendously on the ears and things that are loud still are, just not so abrasive.

post #39 of 49 Old 02-17-2015, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

I hate this game with a passion so far.

I've been stuck so many times that I want to give up on gaming - yes that bad. This was the same experience I had with Lord of the Rings - Shadow of Mordor.

I will never buy another a Warner Bros. Studio game. Personal experience but I think their games are broken and seriously flawed. The Batman stuff was just as bad.
post #40 of 49 Old 02-18-2015, 04:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabuc View Post

I've been stuck so many times that I want to give up on gaming - yes that bad. This was the same experience I had with Lord of the Rings - Shadow of Mordor.

I will never buy another a Warner Bros. Studio game. Personal experience but I think their games are broken and seriously flawed. The Batman stuff was just as bad.
I take it you don't like games with a learning curve? Shadow of Mordor, Dying Light and the Batman Arkham series start out pretty difficult. Once you start unlocking skills, however, things only go up from there. Heck, at one point your are pretty much god-like in these games. But you have to be willing to invest the time and effort into them. If you don't enjoy that, then they are probably not for you.

I'd actually rate both Batman Arkham City and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor as some of the best action games I've ever played.

Broken and seriously flawed are actually trademarked by Ubisoft, so they wouldn't apply to a Warner Bros. published game.
Kayook likes this.

post #41 of 49 Old 02-19-2015, 07:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

User error.
post #42 of 49 Old 02-20-2015, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
User error.

Yes, I would be the 1st to confirm that. However, spending may hours trying to work around the game mechanics has proven otherwise.

Or, I might just suck at the game.

When I get time to watch some help and play-through videos, I hope to be OK. Challenge is good.

My main point is that this game and the others like it are not fun at all at first and accessibility, broken jumping ability, resources, etc., can be an issue. Seems you have to devote all of your attention to level-ups (cheats) OR ELSE!!! General exploring & basic trial & error is out of the question. That's not really a bad thing in general but super annoying to me. So many games, too many good consoles & games (excluding the Ps4 of course).

In contrast, anyone can pick up a Nintendo, Sony old-school, or BioWare game and pickup+play it for a 100+ hours like it is second nature without complaint, and it's not just button recon from past games. Jumps work, weapons work, etc.

Last edited by tampabuc; 02-20-2015 at 10:37 PM.
post #43 of 49 Old 02-20-2015, 11:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

You hate the PS4 probably as much as I hate Nintendo as a company.
post #44 of 49 Old 02-25-2015, 07:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Yes, I would be the 1st to confirm that. However, spending may hours trying to work around the game mechanics has proven otherwise.

Or, I might just suck at the game.

When I get time to watch some help and play-through videos, I hope to be OK. Challenge is good.

My main point is that this game and the others like it are not fun at all at first and accessibility, broken jumping ability, resources, etc., can be an issue. Seems you have to devote all of your attention to level-ups (cheats) OR ELSE!!! General exploring & basic trial & error is out of the question. That's not really a bad thing in general but super annoying to me. So many games, too many good consoles & games (excluding the Ps4 of course).

In contrast, anyone can pick up a Nintendo, Sony old-school, or BioWare game and pickup+play it for a 100+ hours like it is second nature without complaint, and it's not just button recon from past games. Jumps work, weapons work, etc.

I hope the game is starting to become fun for you.

Started playing it myself Sunday night after COD AW ticked me off a little to much. My son got the game as a late Christmas present and seemed to enjoy it. these open world games are something I enjoy. I kept hoping they would port Skyrim to the One but anyway...

I looked at the Kotaku link and a lot of it I took to heart. I already just run around and explore more than try to do the quests. So that has helped me find and secure safe houses already. I am currently loading up on side quests as advised in the article as well.

Now where it has become a lot more fun is the co-op. I have a buddy join and it has made the game even more fun!!

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
post #45 of 49 Old 03-01-2015, 06:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 905 Post(s)
Liked: 350
Right now the really annoying thing is it seems my friends can't play together yet. Also, they should fire the idiot that mapped the jump button to R1 instead of A(can't change it). Once we can play together/join randoms, I think we'll like it better. The bobbing visuals during the parkour/jumping action does sort of gimme a headache after awhile though.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #46 of 49 Old 03-06-2015, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I love this game. Just started a new game, waiting for the new update so I can get the ninja outfit.
post #47 of 49 Old 03-07-2015, 03:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I have to say, as much as I enjoyed Dying Light, the season pass and DLC so far has been a joke. If I had actually paid for the season pass, I would've been disappointed. It's cool they are releasing a bunch of free DLC for the game, but outfits that do nothing but alter your characters appearance is something I wouldn't pay for or use all that much.

post #48 of 49 Old 03-07-2015, 02:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 905 Post(s)
Liked: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post
I have to say, as much as I enjoyed Dying Light, the season pass and DLC so far has been a joke. If I had actually paid for the season pass, I would've been disappointed. It's cool they are releasing a bunch of free DLC for the game, but outfits that do nothing but alter your characters appearance is something I wouldn't pay for or use all that much.
Not to mention how often do you actually get to "see yourself" in the new outfits.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #49 of 49 Old 03-30-2015, 06:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1048 Post(s)
Liked: 858
I finally bought this game. Played a couple hours and so far not too bad. The parkour system was a little tricky to get used to.
The only complaint so far is that you basically run everywhere and you don't get to enjoy the scenery. yes I know this is a survival horror game, but still, you run so fast, you just don't even notice anything around you.
I like/hate how they forced you to do a night mission to get used to it. After that, I was like nope nope nope nope. Not doing that again!!!

Screw the night!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page