The Official Xbox One X thread - Page 129 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3688Likes

post #3841 of 6820 Old 12-09-2017, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 697 Post(s)
Liked: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSBMAN View Post
You still have to put the disc in to play a game even after the install to hard drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I never implied you could.

The 5.0 is here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3842 of 6820 Old 12-09-2017, 09:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 184
The Official Xbox One X thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
I never implied you could.

And I never implied you implied that you could. It was a simple statement.

Sony 75XBR940E
ATV4K
Sony UBP-X700
Sony HT-ST5000 sound bar
post #3843 of 6820 Old 12-09-2017, 09:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 697 Post(s)
Liked: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSBMAN View Post
And I never implied you implied that you could. It was a simple statement.

Maybe it was because you quoted me instead of just posting which isn’t why I saw it that way. All good

The 5.0 is here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3844 of 6820 Old 12-09-2017, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Has anyone tried The Division (1.8 Update)?

Sad to say for me, it's a complete clustercuk.

No 4K/HDR support after the update, and worst of all it stutters down to a slideshow maybe 1-2 FPS during heavy encounters.

What is going on? I thought the X1X was supposed to have the horsepower to handle all this mess??
post #3845 of 6820 Old 12-09-2017, 11:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep05 View Post
New to the gaming world guys and have a question..............When I purchase a game through my One X and play it, is it streaming or stored on the console.

Thanks

Stored on the hard drive.

jeep05 and javan robinson like this.
post #3846 of 6820 Old 12-09-2017, 06:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 2357 Post(s)
Liked: 923
So no one has found a movie or video app that will play HDR files (uhd) and audio right? Seems odd the movies and tv app will play the video fine but not even decide the dts master or Dolby to 5.1(yes I understand pass through only works for blu ray and Netflix)

DocACE911 on Steam, XBOX, PS4
"Kill Cancer or Die"
Custom Z9 Game Settings For SDR and HDR
Sony 75" Z9, Denon X4200, Definitive Technologies BP7002 + 9.1 ATMOS, PSV 18" sub
Loving Wife and 4 year old Son who tolerate this expense!
post #3847 of 6820 Old 12-09-2017, 08:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Has anyone clicked in the Blu-ray disc area of the settings of the Xbox One X yet? Try clicking on persistent storage and tell me if you get an error message that pops up because any BD Live content from any Blu-ray I try to play gives me this error 0x80bd001b. The Lord of the Rings Blu-ray extended version when clicking on BD Live content tells me there's no internet connection or possibly no storage available for bd live content. I formatted the whole box and it still is giving me the error, I don't know if it happened with the update yesterday but chatting with Microsoft Xbox Live support they've never seen this issue and are looking into it.
JP32 likes this.
post #3848 of 6820 Old 12-09-2017, 08:30 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarablue View Post
Has anyone clicked in the Blu-ray disc area of the settings of the Xbox One X yet? Try clicking on persistent storage and tell me if you get an error message that pops up because any BD Live content from any Blu-ray I try to play gives me this error 0x80bd001b. The Lord of the Rings Blu-ray extended version when clicking on BD Live content tells me there's no internet connection or possibly no storage available for bd live content. I formatted the whole box and it still is giving me the error, I don't know if it happened with the update yesterday but chatting with Microsoft Xbox Live support they've never seen this issue and are looking into it.
I also get the same error code when selecting Persistent Storage.
JP32 and JP32 like this.
post #3849 of 6820 Old 12-10-2017, 04:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieper View Post

No 4K/HDR support after the update, and worst of all it stutters down to a slideshow maybe 1-2 FPS during heavy encounters.

What is going on? I thought the X1X was supposed to have the horsepower to handle all this mess??
Issue with their servers?
Rieper likes this.

Sony XBR-65A1E // Denon X6300H // Klipsch RF-7ii (x2), RC-64ii, RB-51ii (x4) // SVS PB12-Plus // Xbox One X // WDTV Live // Sony UBP-X700 // Chromecast Ultra // Harmony 670
post #3850 of 6820 Old 12-10-2017, 08:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1737 Post(s)
Liked: 1098
Quote:

Its been smooth so far for me. X patch is due next year, really hope they add HDR support!
Rieper likes this.
post #3851 of 6820 Old 12-10-2017, 09:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Quote:

The issue lies with game optimization and whether or not developers want to do the right thing for it to shine, or to simply be lazy.
Rieper likes this.

LG C7 65"|Xbox One X|PS4 Pro|Nvidia Shield

Last edited by Datagg; 12-10-2017 at 09:58 AM.
post #3852 of 6820 Old 12-10-2017, 10:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post
Issue with their servers?
I don't think so. I played maybe 3 hours straight, upgrading my gear score from 180 up to 230 in the process. I never had stuttering just running around in the open. It only happened when encountering large groups of enemies, and especially big bosses. The ones that are named. I kid you not, there were times where I thought my console froze because the picture did not move. Then it came back and was soo sluggish, dropped frames everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helvetica bold View Post
Its been smooth so far for me. X patch is due next year, really hope they add HDR support!
This leads me to believe its a console issue, possibly my hard drive is almost full and it needs more space for cache swapping the textures. I'll hop on later this evening and delete Gears 4, since I already beat it and see if freeing up space fixes the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datagg View Post
The issue lies with game optimization and whether or not developers want to do the right thing for it to shine, or to simply be lazy.
I thought that at first, but everyone that owns an X1X has replied its playing fine for them so I'm thinking its a hardware issue for me. I do hope eventually they optimize it for 4K or HDR.
post #3853 of 6820 Old 12-10-2017, 01:36 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
I don't think so. I played maybe 3 hours straight, upgrading my gear score from 180 up to 230 in the process. I never had stuttering just running around in the open. It only happened when encountering large groups of enemies, and especially big bosses. The ones that are named. I kid you not, there were times where I thought my console froze because the picture did not move. Then it came back and was soo sluggish, dropped frames everywhere.

This leads me to believe its a console issue, possibly my hard drive is almost full and it needs more space for cache swapping the textures. I'll hop on later this evening and delete Gears 4, since I already beat it and see if freeing up space fixes the problem.

I thought that at first, but everyone that owns an X1X has replied its playing fine for them so I'm thinking its a hardware issue for me. I do hope eventually they optimize it for 4K or HDR.
Hey guys hoping someone can provide some insight. After a couple years mostly away from gaming I'm looking to get back into it and upgrade from the PS3. I was looking at the ps4 pro but I think I've settled on the xbox 1 x. My questions are around my home theater receiver. I have an Onkyo 3007 from early 2011. It's been great and I've had no reason to think of replacing it. I just upgraded my 8 year old directv equipment to the new Genie 2 and 4k genie clients in my home theater and other tv's. They all work fine. Will I have problems, or will it even work at all, connecting the xbox 1 x to my receiver? I know I won't get 4k, HDR, etc but I assume it should work and be as good, I'm sure better, than the ps3 which I enjoyed for many years. Any help would be appreciated. I'd hate to spend 500 bucks and spend a day of frustration and in the end not be able to get it to work. Thanks.
post #3854 of 6820 Old 12-10-2017, 03:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixer1997 View Post
Hey guys hoping someone can provide some insight. After a couple years mostly away from gaming I'm looking to get back into it and upgrade from the PS3. I was looking at the ps4 pro but I think I've settled on the xbox 1 x. My questions are around my home theater receiver. I have an Onkyo 3007 from early 2011. It's been great and I've had no reason to think of replacing it. I just upgraded my 8 year old directv equipment to the new Genie 2 and 4k genie clients in my home theater and other tv's. They all work fine. Will I have problems, or will it even work at all, connecting the xbox 1 x to my receiver? I know I won't get 4k, HDR, etc but I assume it should work and be as good, I'm sure better, than the ps3 which I enjoyed for many years. Any help would be appreciated. I'd hate to spend 500 bucks and spend a day of frustration and in the end not be able to get it to work. Thanks.
You can run the X1X through your AVR just fine...just make sure your X1X only outputs 1080p in the display settings. If you have a 4K/HDR capable display connected to the X1X...why not upgrade the AVR to take full advantage of the X1X? You can get 4K/HDR compatible AVRs for relatively cheap. The X1S might serve your situation a bit better and save you about $300.

Sony XBR-65A1E // Denon X6300H // Klipsch RF-7ii (x2), RC-64ii, RB-51ii (x4) // SVS PB12-Plus // Xbox One X // WDTV Live // Sony UBP-X700 // Chromecast Ultra // Harmony 670
post #3855 of 6820 Old 12-10-2017, 03:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:

Got it included with my X1X purchase but have yet to play it.

XBox: King Nuthin
post #3856 of 6820 Old 12-10-2017, 10:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixer1997 View Post
Same boat here, AVR RX A1000 Yamaha doesn't support 4K yet is one helluva great AVR. Solution. Plug XB1 X straight to the TV so you can retain 4K etc, then TV out optical (if available) to optical in on AVR. You will retain 5.1 sound. In the future when you get a 4K HDR capable unit, take it from XB1 X straight to AVR then HDMI AVR to TV using arc.
davehale likes this.

post #3857 of 6820 Old 12-10-2017, 10:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

XB1 X and base has from time to time resource management issues (I'm In preview program so its discussed allot). Suggestions to possibly help your situation. if you are a heavy user of multiple apps on the XB1 X, or run many games and keep on stand-by allot , I would suggest as I tell others to when done with an app, hit start button on the app icon and manually quit it. This will assist in resources not being clobbered over time as bad as it kills background apps that continue to run. next, and i would suggest you do this ASAP is hold down your power button until unit shuts off (you'll here a beep also). Wait a few seconds, 30 or so, then power back up. This will start the system fresh, don't worry you wont lose nothing, yet when it finally boots up after a bit longer load, resources will be clean. Try your game again that is giving you issues and see if it runs better for ya

I do this myself once a week to keep things running smoothly. Its just like a PC, the more running in background things become a bit sluggish, hence a restart helps tremendously. Do this, and you'll begin to notice the dash, games etc being more responsive.

All the best!!
rightintel likes this.

Last edited by Datagg; 12-10-2017 at 10:57 PM.
post #3858 of 6820 Old 12-10-2017, 10:55 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutelight View Post
I have only played it at 4K HDR but it was responsive.

What is the make and model of your TV? TVs can have different amounts of input lag depending on the signal that is being fed to them.

See it shows it being lower with my set but that is for sure not the case. In 1080 cod ww2 feels lighting fast responsiveness. In 4k hdr it is slower for sure I don’t get it

post #3859 of 6820 Old 12-11-2017, 12:47 AM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjchmura View Post
So no one has found a movie or video app that will play HDR files (uhd) and audio right? Seems odd the movies and tv app will play the video fine but not even decide the dts master or Dolby to 5.1(yes I understand pass through only works for blu ray and Netflix)
this is a year-long issue, ever since the XB1S hit the market last year...there´s no BITSTREAM audio support in ANY media app available to Xbox (apart from Bluray app and Atmos-only Netflix, for what, 2 movies?) because M$ simply won´t release the APIs for the devs to work on it, so you won´t get original audio when playing a file, be it off USB or streaming

Last edited by jleholeho; 12-11-2017 at 12:56 AM.
post #3860 of 6820 Old 12-11-2017, 01:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 602 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by helvetica bold View Post
Since I got my Xbox One X, I've only been playing one game on it so far, and it plays in 4K UHD HDR just fine. I haven't tried playing any 4K UHD disks on it since I use my OPPO for that, and regarding streaming content, I normally use the apps built in the TV since it supports DV. The game I've been playing looks great. I've been meaning to try a few others out, but I can't seem to stop playing this one game, Assassin's Creed Origins.
Rieper and davehale like this.
post #3861 of 6820 Old 12-11-2017, 03:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolldog View Post
Since I got my Xbox One X, I've only been playing one game on it so far, and it plays in 4K UHD HDR just fine. I haven't tried playing any 4K UHD disks on it since I use my OPPO for that, and regarding streaming content, I normally use the apps built in the TV since it supports DV. The game I've been playing looks great. I've been meaning to try a few others out, but I can't seem to stop playing this one game, Assassin's Creed Origins.
Same here!

Please tell me you are using a dedicated receiver for your gaming. Assassins Origins is the only current game I know of that supports Dolby Atmos on the X1X, and believe me when I tell you it sounds AMAZING.
davehale likes this.
post #3862 of 6820 Old 12-11-2017, 03:47 AM

Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Same here!

Please tell me you are using a dedicated receiver for your gaming. Assassins Origins is the only current game I know of that supports Dolby Atmos on the X1X, and believe me when I tell you it sounds AMAZING.
Tomb Raider
Gears Of War 4

have atmos too, and I think BattleFront 2
davehale likes this.
post #3863 of 6820 Old 12-11-2017, 08:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1780 Post(s)
Liked: 4046
Quote:
Same here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver-eye View Post
Tomb Raider
Gears Of War 4

have atmos too, and I think BattleFront 2
HEY EVERYONE...

I started a https://www.avsforum.com/forum/141-xb...ng-thread.html<--- click here

Please check it out, subscribe, and post any revisions or clarifications that should be included. Thanks!
muad'dib and Poolshark69 like this.

Last edited by DaverJ; 12-11-2017 at 08:38 AM.
post #3864 of 6820 Old 12-11-2017, 10:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Same here!

Hearing that is making me so tempted to double dip on Origins. I bought it for the PS4 since it came out before the X1X, but I'm only a few hours in or so. I've been anxious to hear games in Atmos.
post #3865 of 6820 Old 12-11-2017, 10:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 154
So youtube this week will be 4k but not HDR....

https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/11/...be-4k-support/
dbburns likes this.

Marantz 7702MKII/Outlaw 7140 65" 4k Samsung KS8000
i7 4770K/16 gig 2133/970's SLI 840 PRO SSD
Paradigm Studio v3 100/570/20's/470's/2200 Sub
post #3866 of 6820 Old 12-11-2017, 10:58 AM
Advanced Member

YouTube 4K

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/11/...support-update
Steve Hurtado likes this.

post #3867 of 6820 Old 12-11-2017, 11:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv00 View Post
So youtube this week will be 4k but not HDR....

https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/11/...be-4k-support/
are people really recording their personal videos in HDR anyway? I guess if you're doing the new YoutubeTV, but again channels are not broadcasting in HDR.
post #3868 of 6820 Old 12-11-2017, 11:32 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post
are people really recording their personal videos in HDR anyway? I guess if you're doing the new YoutubeTV, but again channels are not broadcasting in HDR.

Digital Foundry is adding more and more HDR videos. It’d be nice to watch those in HDR through YouTube.

LG OLED55B6P ~ PS4 Pro ~ Xbox One X ~ Apple TV 4K ~ PSN/XBL: firesamu
post #3869 of 6820 Old 12-11-2017, 11:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by sechev00 View Post
Digital Foundry is adding more and more HDR videos. It’d be nice to watch those in HDR through YouTube.
sure, lots of things "would be nice" but aren't really dealbreakers. As opposed to Netflix which still hasn't figured that out, so I have to use my LG TV's app.
post #3870 of 6820 Old 12-11-2017, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post
You can run the X1X through your AVR just fine...just make sure your X1X only outputs 1080p in the display settings. If you have a 4K/HDR capable display connected to the X1X...why not upgrade the AVR to take full advantage of the X1X? You can get 4K/HDR compatible AVRs for relatively cheap. The X1S might serve your situation a bit better and save you about $300.
I'm looking at a couple receivers in the 1k range and at some point I'm going to upgrade the TV also. Can't really do it all at once as other things are needed outside of AV. I'd like to go with the X as a future proofing thing. I'd hate to be a year down the road and wish I had. Same way with the AVR. I was just wanting to make sure it would work with my current AVR even though for now it will just be 1080. So video and audio from the X through my current receiver should work right?

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
enhanced , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page