The Official Xbox One X thread - Page 233 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3741Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #6961 of 7005 Old 11-18-2019, 11:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jrocker23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,332
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCableMan View Post
Does Disney+ have atmos on xbox? I don't see any movies listed with it.
Not at the moment... Only 5.1

LG C9, C8, C6 w/Pioneer SC-LX502 AVR, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Nintendo Switch

Living Room: LG OLED65C9, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedrooms: LG OLED65C8, LG OLED55C6, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
LG C6PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-OLED55C6P.AUS
LG C8PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
LG C9PUA/AUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...LED65C9PUA.AUS
Jrocker23 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6962 of 7005 Old 11-18-2019, 01:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lujan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,188
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4769 Post(s)
Liked: 2800
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCableMan View Post
Does Disney+ have atmos on xbox? I don't see any movies listed with it.
It's hard to tell on the XBox since it up converts everything to Atmos audio.
NTTD likes this.

lujan
580 Ultra HD
723 HD
4 SD
lujan is online now  
post #6963 of 7005 Old 11-18-2019, 01:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jrocker23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,332
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
It's hard to tell on the XBox since it up converts everything to Atmos audio.
It's not hard to tell, when you look at the movie description, it tells you it's 5.1 audio.

Netflix, tells you 5.1, Atmos & so on in the description.

It's also known that the Disney + app doesn't support Atmos at this time on xbox

LG C9, C8, C6 w/Pioneer SC-LX502 AVR, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Nintendo Switch

Living Room: LG OLED65C9, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedrooms: LG OLED65C8, LG OLED55C6, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
LG C6PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-OLED55C6P.AUS
LG C8PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
LG C9PUA/AUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...LED65C9PUA.AUS
Jrocker23 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6964 of 7005 Old 11-18-2019, 07:43 PM
Advanced Member
 
Artman22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 769
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocker23 View Post
Still way better than my PS4 Pro 4 media


LG C9, C8, C6 w/Pioneer SC-LX502 AVR, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Nintendo Switch


They’re both terrible for media in my opinion. I stopped using both consoles when they couldn’t even do HDR correctly on Netflix. Now I use the Apple TV 4K to stream everything.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN: Artman22
Xbox live: Artman22
Artman22 is online now  
post #6965 of 7005 Old 11-18-2019, 07:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
NismoZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,036
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocker23 View Post
Still way better than my PS4 Pro 4 media


LG C9, C8, C6 w/Pioneer SC-LX502 AVR, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Nintendo Switch
They’️re both terrible for media in my opinion. I stopped using both consoles when they couldn’️t even do HDR correctly on Netflix. Now I use the Apple TV 4K to stream everything.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is your definition of can't do HDR right on Netflix from Xbox? Do you mean the Netflix app bug that enables HDR mode all the time? If so, thats a known Netflix bug for both system since they released and Netflix hasn't fixes it in 3 years. For example, the Disney Plus app just released and handles the C9 HDR switching mode on and off just fine. It's actually pretty sad for Netflix in that they will not fix this and it's been 3 years.
NismoZ is offline  
post #6966 of 7005 Old 11-19-2019, 06:26 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hi Guys,

I have spent hours going through every setting on the TV, on every picture mode and on every setting on the Xbox One X to try and sort this problem and I cannot.

In Rage 2 and Outerworlds if the character is located in a tunnel or indoors the walls and objects are hue, as in the gamma settings are wrong, but last night I was playing Rage 2 and after 5 hours spent in the game with bad colors instead of black, or properly defined colored objects, at one point everything looked properly - in a underground level coming out of a lift if I am doing 1 step forward the image will change and look beautiful as it should but one step back and it will revert back to the crappy looking picture.

Attached you will have photos and a clip with before and after.

What do you think is creating this issue ?

There are other locations where the same thing happens and the image changes to a perfect HDR like image instead of the hue picture. And all it takes in those locations is one step back from a imaginary line and everything is bad - one step forward and everything is amazing.


I have tried all of the settings on the Xbox, 10bit, limited, full, different HDMI cables, another PC screen, and the weird thing is that it goes to a proper picture in a certain spot in the room, and then a bit further away it goes back to worse and then back to normal.

In this image the background behind the guy is looking ok 1 meter away from the till and then when you move closer to him you will see the background and everything around changing colors from normal to the hue version.

Playing like this is absolutely awful, and it like playing on the worse screen ever.

Could it be the console having a problem ? as it does the same on a PC screen connected directly to the console ?


I have connected the Xbox directly to the TV - to no avail

Changed HDMI cables - to no avail

The receiver is a Denon 3400H

The TV is a 75Q9FN

Thanks to all
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ezgif.com-optimize.gif
Views:	35
Size:	5.93 MB
ID:	2642956   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191117_215911.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	646.5 KB
ID:	2642958   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191117_215942.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	826.4 KB
ID:	2642960   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191117_223107.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	616.0 KB
ID:	2642962   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191117_223122.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	647.5 KB
ID:	2642964  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191117_225016.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	618.0 KB
ID:	2642966   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191117_225026.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	625.3 KB
ID:	2642968  
AlKpone99 is offline  
post #6967 of 7005 Old 11-19-2019, 07:36 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Foxbat121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 11,916
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 698 Post(s)
Liked: 506
Your problem is a typical video range mismatch.

Consumer electronics defaults to limited range. That means your AVR and TV. Most TVs has a setting to switch between limited range or full range (PC) but most AVRs don't.
PC monitors are typically designed with only for PC use and defaults to full range. Most of them can't be configured into limited range.

You must make sure all the components in the video chain are configured to the same exact video range. Any mismatch will cause problems like the ones you encountered. And that is not possible to be clibrated away.

Xbox support YCbCr output, try to see if you can select that mode. YCbCr only has one mode: limited range. But most PC monitors don't support it.

So, for a typical usage: Xbox set to limited range, AVR and TV all defaults to limited range. You are good.

The problem arises if you use a PC monitor. In this case, you most likely be force to use full range on Xbox, AVR is an unknown factor (some AVR will clip full range single to limited range), in order to match PC monitor's full range.


If you output limited range video from Xbox to a full range monitor, you will see generally washed out color and black become dark grey.
If you output full range video from Xbox to a limited range TV, you will see both blacks and whites are clipped and dark details gone.
DaverJ and Jrocker23 like this.
Foxbat121 is offline  
post #6968 of 7005 Old 11-19-2019, 10:47 AM
Advanced Member
 
Lonewolf7002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 629
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 495 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post
If you output limited range video from Xbox to a full range monitor, you will see generally washed out color and black become dark grey.
If you output full range video from Xbox to a limited range TV, you will see both blacks and whites are clipped and dark details gone.
Blacks will become gray if you have the wrong video range, but I've never seen large hue shifts like that. He also says he's used both a TV and PC monitor. And if he has the wrong video range, it will always be wrong. In the video, it's sometimes wrong, sometime right. The video range won't toggle from right to wrong and back again.

I personally suspect a hardware issue with the xbox. If different monitors and cables have been tried, and the AVR bypassed, that only leaves the xbox. Feel free to try switching between Limited and Full range output, RBG and YCbCr, and also different resolutions just to be thorough, but if none of that helps then it's likely a hardware issue. I've been playing Outer Worlds and this game or any other doesn't do this on mine, so it sounds like it's your xbox.

Samsung KS8000, Denon AVR-X3300W, Xbox One X, Samsung UBD-K8500 4K bluray player, Himedia Q5 Pro android box
Lonewolf7002 is offline  
post #6969 of 7005 Old 11-19-2019, 11:18 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Foxbat121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 11,916
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 698 Post(s)
Liked: 506
Many TVs has something called dynamic contrast (maybe different names for different brands) and it is typically the default mode. That can play a huge role in this as well. The TV processor looks into the video information of current frame and adjust screen brightness on the fly. If it is a hardware issue on the Xbox, it doesn't behave this way. Typically you see large swarth of pixel blocks on screen, not the subtle black to grey change. Remember the Xbox side is all digital.
Foxbat121 is offline  
post #6970 of 7005 Old 11-20-2019, 04:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
moepoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Birch Run, MI
Posts: 1,556
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocker23 View Post
Not at the moment... Only 5.1

LG C9, C8, C6 w/Pioneer SC-LX502 AVR, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Nintendo Switch

Why do you type your setup into every post you make when it is in your signature?

PSN ID= moepoker
XBL ID= moepoker
moepoker is offline  
post #6971 of 7005 Old 11-20-2019, 04:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jrocker23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,332
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by moepoker View Post
Why do you type your setup into every post you make when it is in your signature?
I don't type it at all?

It's only in my signature.

LG C9, C8, C6 w/Pioneer SC-LX502 AVR, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Nintendo Switch

Living Room: LG OLED65C9, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedrooms: LG OLED65C8, LG OLED55C6, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
LG C6PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-OLED55C6P.AUS
LG C8PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
LG C9PUA/AUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...LED65C9PUA.AUS
Jrocker23 is online now  
post #6972 of 7005 Old 11-20-2019, 04:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
moepoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Birch Run, MI
Posts: 1,556
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocker23 View Post
I don't type it at all?

It's only in my signature.

LG C9, C8, C6 w/Pioneer SC-LX502 AVR, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Nintendo Switch

Oh, it is definitely in your post or it wouldn't show up when I quote you.

PSN ID= moepoker
XBL ID= moepoker
moepoker is offline  
post #6973 of 7005 Old 11-20-2019, 04:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jrocker23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,332
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by moepoker View Post
Oh, it is definitely in your post or it wouldn't show up when I quote you.
That's my signature that shows up. I don't add it to my post when I post or reply.

LG C9, C8, C6 w/Pioneer SC-LX502 AVR, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Nintendo Switch

Living Room: LG OLED65C9, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedrooms: LG OLED65C8, LG OLED55C6, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
LG C6PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-OLED55C6P.AUS
LG C8PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
LG C9PUA/AUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...LED65C9PUA.AUS
Jrocker23 is online now  
post #6974 of 7005 Old 11-20-2019, 04:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
moepoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Birch Run, MI
Posts: 1,556
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocker23 View Post
That's my signature that shows up. I don't add it to my post when I post or reply.

LG C9, C8, C6 w/Pioneer SC-LX502 AVR, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Nintendo Switch

Living Room: LG OLED65C9, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedrooms: LG OLED65C8, LG OLED55C6, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
LG C6PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-OLED55C6P.AUS
LG C8PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
LG C9PUA/AUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...LED65C9PUA.AUS


This is what is in your signature. The other is 100% embedded in your post. I'm not sure if it is some app or browser that you use to post that does it or what.

PSN ID= moepoker
XBL ID= moepoker
moepoker is offline  
post #6975 of 7005 Old 11-20-2019, 04:45 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post
Your problem is a typical video range mismatch.

Consumer electronics defaults to limited range. That means your AVR and TV. Most TVs has a setting to switch between limited range or full range (PC) but most AVRs don't.
PC monitors are typically designed with only for PC use and defaults to full range. Most of them can't be configured into limited range.

You must make sure all the components in the video chain are configured to the same exact video range. Any mismatch will cause problems like the ones you encountered. And that is not possible to be clibrated away.

Xbox support YCbCr output, try to see if you can select that mode. YCbCr only has one mode: limited range. But most PC monitors don't support it.

So, for a typical usage: Xbox set to limited range, AVR and TV all defaults to limited range. You are good.

The problem arises if you use a PC monitor. In this case, you most likely be force to use full range on Xbox, AVR is an unknown factor (some AVR will clip full range single to limited range), in order to match PC monitor's full range.


If you output limited range video from Xbox to a full range monitor, you will see generally washed out color and black become dark grey.
If you output full range video from Xbox to a limited range TV, you will see both blacks and whites are clipped and dark details gone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf7002 View Post
Blacks will become gray if you have the wrong video range, but I've never seen large hue shifts like that. He also says he's used both a TV and PC monitor. And if he has the wrong video range, it will always be wrong. In the video, it's sometimes wrong, sometime right. The video range won't toggle from right to wrong and back again.

I personally suspect a hardware issue with the xbox. If different monitors and cables have been tried, and the AVR bypassed, that only leaves the xbox. Feel free to try switching between Limited and Full range output, RBG and YCbCr, and also different resolutions just to be thorough, but if none of that helps then it's likely a hardware issue. I've been playing Outer Worlds and this game or any other doesn't do this on mine, so it sounds like it's your xbox.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post
Many TVs has something called dynamic contrast (maybe different names for different brands) and it is typically the default mode. That can play a huge role in this as well. The TV processor looks into the video information of current frame and adjust screen brightness on the fly. If it is a hardware issue on the Xbox, it doesn't behave this way. Typically you see large swarth of pixel blocks on screen, not the subtle black to grey change. Remember the Xbox side is all digital.

Thanks to everyone for replying:

So the AVR was bypassed all together and the TV, by trying the Xbox on 2 different PC Screens - to no avail
4 different types of hdmi cables - high speed and with Ethernet some - to no avail
Tried limited and full range - to no avail
Tried every resolution - to no avail
Tried with YCbCr on and off - to no avail
Tried every setting possible on the TV - to no avail

So as a conclusion based on what you have said and my results it could be a faulty Xbox, and I need to sort it out.

Many thanks to all for jumping in so quickly and in a detailed mode. I will update the thread once I have news.
AlKpone99 is offline  
post #6976 of 7005 Old 11-20-2019, 04:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jrocker23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,332
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by moepoker View Post
Living Room: LG OLED65C9, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedrooms: LG OLED65C8, LG OLED55C6, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
LG C6PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-OLED55C6P.AUS
LG C8PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
LG C9PUA/AUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...LED65C9PUA.AUS


This is what is in your signature. The other is 100% embedded in your post. I'm not sure if it is some app or browser that you use to post that does it or what.
That's my signature that's on the website. I use tapatalk pro app on my phone and tablet which is where I post 99% of the time.



LG C9, C8, C6 w/Pioneer SC-LX502 AVR, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Nintendo Switch

Living Room: LG OLED65C9, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedrooms: LG OLED65C8, LG OLED55C6, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
LG C6PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-OLED55C6P.AUS
LG C8PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
LG C9PUA/AUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...LED65C9PUA.AUS
Jrocker23 is online now  
post #6977 of 7005 Old 11-20-2019, 08:47 AM
Advanced Member
 
Lonewolf7002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 629
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 495 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post
Many TVs has something called dynamic contrast (maybe different names for different brands) and it is typically the default mode. That can play a huge role in this as well. The TV processor looks into the video information of current frame and adjust screen brightness on the fly. If it is a hardware issue on the Xbox, it doesn't behave this way. Typically you see large swarth of pixel blocks on screen, not the subtle black to grey change. Remember the Xbox side is all digital.
I'm quite familiar with dynamic contrast and how it works, and if it's having such huge hue shifts there is something very broken in the way it works lol. Also, there is nothing frame to frame to cause dynamic contrast to react in such an extreme way that it's trying to adjust for. It's more than a subtle black to grey change but also a hue shift as well. If its a hardware issue you might get a mess of pixels on the screen as you suggest, or it could react in other ways. I had a video card back in the day that did weird things like this, and I had to RMA it. The replacement didn't have the issue, of course. He also says he tried a tv and a pc monitor, both would need its dynamic contrast to be broken in the same way. He's been very thorough in ruling out all external sources, that leaves the xbox unfortunately.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKpone99 View Post
So as a conclusion based on what you have said and my results it could be a faulty Xbox, and I need to sort it out.

Many thanks to all for jumping in so quickly and in a detailed mode. I will update the thread once I have news.
Good luck! If you can bring it to a friend or family members place, hook it up there and see how it acts. Hopefully you still have warranty on the box!

Samsung KS8000, Denon AVR-X3300W, Xbox One X, Samsung UBD-K8500 4K bluray player, Himedia Q5 Pro android box
Lonewolf7002 is offline  
post #6978 of 7005 Old 11-21-2019, 05:49 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf7002 View Post
I'm quite familiar with dynamic contrast and how it works, and if it's having such huge hue shifts there is something very broken in the way it works lol. Also, there is nothing frame to frame to cause dynamic contrast to react in such an extreme way that it's trying to adjust for. It's more than a subtle black to grey change but also a hue shift as well. If its a hardware issue you might get a mess of pixels on the screen as you suggest, or it could react in other ways. I had a video card back in the day that did weird things like this, and I had to RMA it. The replacement didn't have the issue, of course. He also says he tried a tv and a pc monitor, both would need its dynamic contrast to be broken in the same way. He's been very thorough in ruling out all external sources, that leaves the xbox unfortunately.




Good luck! If you can bring it to a friend or family members place, hook it up there and see how it acts. Hopefully you still have warranty on the box!
Based on what you guys have said and on what I have done - it looks like the hardware has a fault.

Here are a few more results. In photo mode you can change the time and twice at certain minutes the image improves significantly, even though there is nothing externally to affect the lightning in the specific environment.

In the other clip, the sun rays are absolutely killing the entire scene, so something does not translate properly the light hitting the environment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
Views:	25
Size:	4.69 MB
ID:	2643698   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191120_210754.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	694.2 KB
ID:	2643700   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191120_210937.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	579.3 KB
ID:	2643702   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191120_210945.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	522.3 KB
ID:	2643704   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191120_210955.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	592.7 KB
ID:	2643706  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191120_211005.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	525.6 KB
ID:	2643708   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191120_211009.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	577.4 KB
ID:	2643710   Click image for larger version

Name:	ezgif.com-optimize.gif
Views:	19
Size:	4.29 MB
ID:	2643712  
AlKpone99 is offline  
post #6979 of 7005 Old 11-21-2019, 08:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DaverJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 9,771
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 4061
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKpone99 View Post
Based on what you guys have said and on what I have done - it looks like the hardware has a fault.

If you haven't yet, it might be worth considering doing a hard factory reset (settings/system/console info) on the Xbox and trying the game with complete refreshed default settings. EDIT: Make sure you are connected to the Xbox servers (not in offline mode) before doing this to sync your data.
Lonewolf7002 likes this.

Last edited by DaverJ; 11-21-2019 at 09:43 AM.
DaverJ is offline  
post #6980 of 7005 Old 11-21-2019, 08:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jrocker23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,332
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
If you haven't yet, it might be worth considering doing a hard factory reset (settings/system/console info) on the Xbox and trying the game with complete refreshed default settings. NOTE: You'll loose everything, including game saves, so this is only a last resort.
^^ The post above is not correct.

You won't lose everything. There is an option to keep games and apps when doing a factory reset.

Also you will never lose your saves as they are saved to microsofts servers (cloud).

You can choose to delete all games and apps if you want to make sure it a totaly clean install but I would check the option to keep games and apps and see either factory reset fixed the issues. If not then delete everything and see if that makes a difference.

LG C9, C8, C6 w/Pioneer SC-LX502 AVR, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Nintendo Switch
rightintel likes this.

Living Room: LG OLED65C9, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedrooms: LG OLED65C8, LG OLED55C6, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
LG C6PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-OLED55C6P.AUS
LG C8PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
LG C9PUA/AUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...LED65C9PUA.AUS
Jrocker23 is online now  
post #6981 of 7005 Old 11-21-2019, 09:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DaverJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 9,771
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 4061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocker23 View Post
You won't lose everything. There is an option to keep games and apps when doing a factory reset.

Also you will never lose your saves as they are saved to microsofts servers (cloud).

Thanks for the clarification, post edited.
Jrocker23 and rightintel like this.

Last edited by DaverJ; 11-21-2019 at 09:42 AM.
DaverJ is offline  
post #6982 of 7005 Old 11-24-2019, 08:03 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Has anybody found a way to play HDR mkv on Xboxone s or x yet? Last time I checked neither Kodi nor Plex could do it.
Osamah Khan is offline  
post #6983 of 7005 Old 11-24-2019, 08:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
groove93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Statesboro, GA
Posts: 2,118
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1166 Post(s)
Liked: 648
I can play an HDR10 mkv rip using Plex, but no Lossless audio will work.



Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sony XBR55X900E
Marantz SR7010/Marantz MM7025
Oppo UDP-203 - Nvidia Shield
XBox One X
Klipsch RP-260f - RP-440C - RP140sa- RP-160m - RB10 - Sony SA-WM500
groove93 is online now  
post #6984 of 7005 Old 11-24-2019, 08:15 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 8
I thought they kept buffering and freezing in Plex. I guess that error is fixed.

What sort of lossy audio can you still get out of it if not hd audio?
Osamah Khan is offline  
post #6985 of 7005 Old 11-24-2019, 08:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
groove93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Statesboro, GA
Posts: 2,118
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1166 Post(s)
Liked: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamah Khan View Post
I thought they kept buffering and freezing in Plex. I guess that error is fixed.

What sort of lossy audio can you still get out of it if not hd audio?

They definitely do buffer on my setup, which is one of the reasons why I don't use the Xbox to stream Local Content.

For audio, when I stream a video with Dolby TrueHD, Plex transcodes the audio to AAC.

Sony XBR55X900E
Marantz SR7010/Marantz MM7025
Oppo UDP-203 - Nvidia Shield
XBox One X
Klipsch RP-260f - RP-440C - RP140sa- RP-160m - RB10 - Sony SA-WM500
groove93 is online now  
post #6986 of 7005 Old 11-24-2019, 08:57 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 8
So it’s not workable then.. I was hoping someone had found a working solution..
Osamah Khan is offline  
post #6987 of 7005 Old 11-24-2019, 08:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
groove93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Statesboro, GA
Posts: 2,118
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1166 Post(s)
Liked: 648
You can use Kodi, but you will lose HDR, however I was able to get Lossless Audio to work.

But to be honest, the best solution is to find another streaming device.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
aaronwt and lujan like this.

Sony XBR55X900E
Marantz SR7010/Marantz MM7025
Oppo UDP-203 - Nvidia Shield
XBox One X
Klipsch RP-260f - RP-440C - RP140sa- RP-160m - RB10 - Sony SA-WM500
groove93 is online now  
post #6988 of 7005 Old 11-27-2019, 04:07 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKpone99 View Post
Based on what you guys have said and on what I have done - it looks like the hardware has a fault.

Here are a few more results. In photo mode you can change the time and twice at certain minutes the image improves significantly, even though there is nothing externally to affect the lightning in the specific environment.

In the other clip, the sun rays are absolutely killing the entire scene, so something does not translate properly the light hitting the environment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
If you haven't yet, it might be worth considering doing a hard factory reset (settings/system/console info) on the Xbox and trying the game with complete refreshed default settings. EDIT: Make sure you are connected to the Xbox servers (not in offline mode) before doing this to sync your data.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf7002 View Post
I'm quite familiar with dynamic contrast and how it works, and if it's having such huge hue shifts there is something very broken in the way it works lol. Also, there is nothing frame to frame to cause dynamic contrast to react in such an extreme way that it's trying to adjust for. It's more than a subtle black to grey change but also a hue shift as well. If its a hardware issue you might get a mess of pixels on the screen as you suggest, or it could react in other ways. I had a video card back in the day that did weird things like this, and I had to RMA it. The replacement didn't have the issue, of course. He also says he tried a tv and a pc monitor, both would need its dynamic contrast to be broken in the same way. He's been very thorough in ruling out all external sources, that leaves the xbox unfortunately.




Good luck! If you can bring it to a friend or family members place, hook it up there and see how it acts. Hopefully you still have warranty on the box!


Hello again,

After a factory reset of the console - no result, after replacing the HDMI cables with 2.1 certificate ones - no result.

But this is the conclusion - the game is broken in my view.

If you watch this clip:
at the 48:46 mark, the scene changes from very bad hue colors to proper colors with contrast. I have watched some other parts of the levels where I have bad contrast and hue colors and the game has the same issues in this clip.

So my conclusion is that the game build only in SDR mode is broken (it made sense that a game with so many lights and scenes to be in proper HDR)

I was adamant in buying a new X, but now I know that something else was faulty...
DaverJ likes this.
AlKpone99 is offline  
post #6989 of 7005 Old 11-27-2019, 09:29 AM
Advanced Member
 
Lonewolf7002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 629
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 495 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKpone99 View Post
But this is the conclusion - the game is broken in my view.

If you watch this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM4eec77uuM at the 48:46 mark, the scene changes from very bad hue colors to proper colors with contrast. I have watched some other parts of the levels where I have bad contrast and hue colors and the game has the same issues in this clip.

So my conclusion is that the game build only in SDR mode is broken (it made sense that a game with so many lights and scenes to be in proper HDR)
Ya, it's doing the same thing in the video that you posted in your screenshots, so it looks like that's just the way the game is. You said in your initial post that Outer Worlds was also doing this?

Samsung KS8000, Denon AVR-X3300W, Xbox One X, Samsung UBD-K8500 4K bluray player, Himedia Q5 Pro android box
Lonewolf7002 is offline  
post #6990 of 7005 Old 11-27-2019, 09:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mtbdudex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 6,890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 1558
The Official Xbox One X thread

Side bar:
AIKpone99
I’m not aware of any certified HDMI 2.1 cables .... curious the maker , spec, etc.
Post a link to them


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mtbdudex is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
enhanced , xbox one x

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off