The Official Xbox One X thread - Page 234 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3742Likes

post #6991 of 7006 Old 11-28-2019, 03:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf7002 View Post
Ya, it's doing the same thing in the video that you posted in your screenshots, so it looks like that's just the way the game is. You said in your initial post that Outer Worlds was also doing this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex View Post
Side bar:
AIKpone99
I’m not aware of any certified HDMI 2.1 cables .... curious the maker , spec, etc.
Post a link to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have not tested Outer Worlds again yet, and I will compare with youtube soon.

The link for the HDMI cables I have bought with good reviews is this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6992 of 7006 Old 11-28-2019, 08:10 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 495 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKpone99 View Post
I have not tested Outer Worlds again yet, and I will compare with youtube soon.
Please do try it again. I'm curious if you have the same issue as Rage 2. I haven't played Outer Worlds extensively, but I've got more than a handful of hours into it and have never seen it do that.

Samsung KS8000, Denon AVR-X3300W, Xbox One X, Samsung UBD-K8500 4K bluray player, Himedia Q5 Pro android box
post #6993 of 7006 Old 11-28-2019, 11:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 580 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Hey all, I cant watch The Irishman on my xbox, in atmos to save my life. I keep getting this error - tvq-pm-100 (5.6.0)

When I google it, it says that I need to unplug my xbox, restart it, clear cache, etc eyc and I did all that and its still the same outcome.

Any movie that is NON-atmos works on netflix. 4k blu-rays with atmos work, I just watched Jupiter Ascending UHD with no issues.

I read a few reports of Netflix having outages but nothing specifically atmos. I also tinkered with the audio settings on my box. I can set it on DTS and it will play fine, but it was coded in Atmos so I want to watch it in Atmos darnit! Lol

Although I'm sure 80 year old Scorsese didnt have a lot of input on the effects that specifically come from the height channels, haha. Although I could be wrong!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

65" 900E Tee Vee | Denon 6300H AVR | PSA MTM-210s | PSA MTM-210c | PSA MTM-110s | Canton 880 InCeilings | Rythmik FV25HP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6994 of 7006 Old 11-28-2019, 08:30 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by javan robinson View Post
Hey all, I cant watch The Irishman on my xbox, in atmos to save my life. I keep getting this error - tvq-pm-100 (5.6.0)

When I google it, it says that I need to unplug my xbox, restart it, clear cache, etc eyc and I did all that and its still the same outcome.

Any movie that is NON-atmos works on netflix. 4k blu-rays with atmos work, I just watched Jupiter Ascending UHD with no issues.

I read a few reports of Netflix having outages but nothing specifically atmos. I also tinkered with the audio settings on my box. I can set it on DTS and it will play fine, but it was coded in Atmos so I want to watch it in Atmos darnit! Lol

Although I'm sure 80 year old Scorsese didnt have a lot of input on the effects that specifically come from the height channels, haha. Although I could be wrong!

Can you play other Netflix Atmos titles?

You may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling Dolby Access and re-enabling Atmos on your XBox. I had an issue with Netflix Atmos and that fixed it.
post #6995 of 7006 Old 11-28-2019, 10:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 849 Post(s)
Liked: 827
Quote:

Just checked on my X consoles and my s console, all was fine..

Did you try a full hard reset?

Hold the power button till console turns off then pull the power cord from the back of the console and wait 1 minute.

Plug back in and try again.

LG C9, C8, C6 w/Pioneer SC-LX502 AVR, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Nintendo Switch

Living Room: LG OLED65C9, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedrooms: LG OLED65C8, LG OLED55C6, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
LG C6PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-OLED55C6P.AUS
LG C8PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
LG C9PUA/AUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...LED65C9PUA.AUS
post #6996 of 7006 Old 11-28-2019, 10:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 580 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet View Post
Quote:

You may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling Dolby Access and re-enabling Atmos on your XBox. I had an issue with Netflix Atmos and that fixed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocker23 View Post
Quote:

Just checked on my X consoles and my s console, all was fine..

Did you try a full hard reset?

Hold the power button till console turns off then pull the power cord from the back of the console and wait 1 minute.

Plug back in and try again.

Hey thanks fellas, really appreciate it - I uninstalled the Dolby app, reinstalled it and the movie and other Atmos titles work again.

Thanks again!!
Dodge DeBoulet likes this.

65" 900E Tee Vee | Denon 6300H AVR | PSA MTM-210s | PSA MTM-210c | PSA MTM-110s | Canton 880 InCeilings | Rythmik FV25HP
post #6997 of 7006 Old 12-02-2019, 01:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 9
I've always run my direct tv box though my X to the avr I love seeing the atmos light on my avr and also when xbox First introduced the atmos settings to me made everything sound louder which is good but my main concern is should I stay with my set up or should I just run the direct tv box straight to the avr for I want the best audio and video when watching tv also I have a hsu 5.2.1 setup thanks ps I've been searching for and still can't find information on this thanks in advance.
asabrag likes this.
post #6998 of 7006 Old 12-02-2019, 12:55 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 9531 Post(s)
Liked: 6222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet View Post

I had an issue this weekend with Atmos. It wouldn't enable Atmos until I launched the Atmos demo app. It happened twice over the last few days. But each time, as soon as I launched the Atmos Demo app, I was then able to change the audio settings back to Atmos. Without launching the Atmo Demo app it would not allow me to change the audio settings to Atmos.

I first noticed this when playing Modern warfare. i was wondering why it didn't sound right, and then I realized it had dropped down to stereo pcm output for some reason. I have not had this issue before. But it happened twice over the last few days. So maybe my XB1X had an update that messed something up?

57TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #6999 of 7006 Old 12-02-2019, 01:31 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I had an issue this weekend with Atmos. It wouldn't enable Atmos until I launched the Atmos demo app. It happened twice over the last few days. But each time, as soon as I launched the Atmos Demo app, I was then able to change the audio settings back to Atmos. Without launching the Atmo Demo app it would not allow me to change the audio settings to Atmos.

I first noticed this when playing Modern warfare. i was wondering why it didn't sound right, and then I realized it had dropped down to stereo pcm output for some reason. I have not had this issue before. But it happened twice over the last few days. So maybe my XB1X had an update that messed something up?
I'm without Atmos since long ago.
I will try leaving the Atmos app 'open'?

Edit: no, it didnt work 4 me

Last edited by asabrag; 12-02-2019 at 01:38 PM.
post #7000 of 7006 Old 12-02-2019, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 77
I started the Atmos for Headphones trial by mistake.
Does anybody know how to cancel the trial??
post #7001 of 7006 Old 12-02-2019, 06:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 2249 Post(s)
Liked: 1790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddyduke View Post
I've always run my direct tv box though my X to the avr I love seeing the atmos light on my avr and also when xbox First introduced the atmos settings to me made everything sound louder which is good but my main concern is should I stay with my set up or should I just run the direct tv box straight to the avr for I want the best audio and video when watching tv also I have a hsu 5.2.1 setup thanks ps I've been searching for and still can't find information on this thanks in advance.
I would run the DirecTV box direct to the receiver. Let the receiver upmix your audio from DirecTV to Atmos (Dolby Surround upmix setting).
post #7002 of 7006 Old 12-03-2019, 06:45 AM

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the Dolby Access app as suggested in my post? It's resolved Atmos issues for at least 3 people in this thread (myself included). I haven't had any issues since doing that.
post #7003 of 7006 Old 12-04-2019, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Also the issue with Dolby Vision on Disney Plus & Vudu is a known issue with the insider program. The only way around it is to go into your settings and unchecked Dolby vision and then both apps will run the videos in HDR 10, until there's a fixed that's the only way around
I got an update to the Dolby Access app this last weekend.

DV now works on Disney+ without issue.

I don't use the VUDU app on XBOX so I haven't tested if DV is fixed there.
I also upgraded to the paid app but that was after the update.
post #7004 of 7006 Old 12-04-2019, 01:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 849 Post(s)
Liked: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTTD View Post
I got an update to the Dolby Access app this last weekend.

DV now works on Disney+ without issue.

I don't use the VUDU app on XBOX so I haven't tested if DV is fixed there.
I also upgraded to the paid app but that was after the update.
They pushed the update fix a couple of weeks ago when the Disney app released. Vudu was fixed too

Living Room: LG OLED65C9, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedrooms: LG OLED65C8, LG OLED55C6, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
LG C6PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-OLED55C6P.AUS
LG C8PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
LG C9PUA/AUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...LED65C9PUA.AUS
post #7005 of 7006 Old 12-04-2019, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
They pushed the update fix a couple of weeks ago when the Disney app released. Vudu was fixed too
I must have been sitting on that update then.

It was your post cluing me in to the DV issue that got Disney+ HDR content to even play for me on the XBOX.

I had tested it again as recently as last week after a system update and still was having the same issue.
post #7006 of 7006 Old Yesterday, 11:10 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 129
ALL LG 2017 OLEDs Calibrated Settings for Xbox One X / PS4 Pro updated to V8

After a long while since the latest full test of all profiles with latest TV and Console firmwares, I decided to re-check and re-calibrate all the recommended profiles (SDR/HDR/DV) and came back with additional considerations and improvements upon the v7 ones.

It's highly recommended that you use the "Reset" button for each profile to safely restore default settings (also erasing WB/CMS values), then re-dial the new V8 recommendations

Main Changes
:
  • (Non-Game modes) SDR preferred profile is back to ISF EXPERT (DARK ROOM) as noticeably closer to standard references;
  • (Non-Game modes) TruMotion (De-Blur; De-Judder: 0) is no more necessary to fix motion handling as LG seems to have fixed it with latest firmware by only enabling RealCinema
  • (ALL) SDR Contrast value was increased from 85 to 98: this is the highest value I measured without white starting clipping and without any noticeable black crush. This higher contrast will much improve SDR contents (both Movies and Games) and will provide results much closer to HDR presentations;
  • All White Balance and CMS values was removed as LG changed something with latest firmware + different people were reporting different results/tints. As stated initially: It's highly recommended that you use the "Reset" button for each profile to safely restore default settings (and erasing WB/CMS values), then re-dial the new V8 recommendations for each one to be sure to have the best PQ;
  • Dolby Vision GAME preset has become my primary recommendation for everything (it's bright as DV Cinema Home, but more accurate when setup correctly and without bugs as "white-flashing"), therefore USB patches for DV Cinema are no more needed (also for the reasons above);
  • Added PS4 Pro recommended Output Settings.

Enjoy, and let me know what you think!

-P
steven_j05 likes this.

Last edited by P40L0; Yesterday at 03:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
enhanced , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page