The Official Xbox One X thread - Page 247 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3915Likes

post #7381 of 7408 Old 05-30-2020, 10:12 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Just use uncompressed 5.1 or bitstream Dolby/DTS. Use an audio codec that utilizes a discrete .1 channel for your subwoofer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7382 of 7408 Old 05-30-2020, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spewdom View Post
Just use uncompressed 5.1 or bitstream Dolby/DTS. Use an audio codec that utilizes a discrete .1 channel for your subwoofer.
That’s a great point for the discrete .1 channel. And I would love to take advantage of the higher quality streams if possible. Thanks for pointing that out. I believe the 2.0 pcm is capable of carrying the Dolby bitstream in it correct but not sure how it would handle that .1
post #7383 of 7408 Old 05-30-2020, 05:08 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 9997 Post(s)
Liked: 6659
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuaDolphin View Post
That’s a great point for the discrete .1 channel. And I would love to take advantage of the higher quality streams if possible. Thanks for pointing that out. I believe the 2.0 pcm is capable of carrying the Dolby bitstream in it correct but not sure how it would handle that .1
The subwoofer frequencies are in the 2.0 signal. Which is the norm. Your receiver will take those lower frequencies and route them to the subwoofer.

57TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7384 of 7408 Old 05-31-2020, 04:11 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuaDolphin View Post
That’️s a great point for the discrete .1 channel. And I would love to take advantage of the higher quality streams if possible. Thanks for pointing that out. I believe the 2.0 pcm is capable of carrying the Dolby bitstream in it correct but not sure how it would handle that .1
The subwoofer frequencies are in the 2.0 signal. Which is the norm. Your receiver will take those lower frequencies and route them to the subwoofer.
Nah, you can tell a huge difference. Just switch back and forth yourself with any game that has low end bass. You'll get some output from the sub in 2.0, but it's not being utilized the same.
post #7385 of 7408 Old 06-22-2020, 10:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIVE ONE SIX View Post
ok, so i got a new xbox one x about 3 weeks ago and a new Vizio D-Series 65" 4K HDTV about one week ago. for some reason, about one out of every 5 or 6 times i turn on the xbox one x and then switch to the game input on the tv (which is connected to HDMI 1) it doesn't recognize the xbox one x (says there is no signal). then, if i remove the cable and reconnect it, the tv will recognize the xbox one x (which will be on the home screen). this happened a few times with my hdmi cable, so i switched the cable and tried the cable that came with the xbox one x system, and the same thing happened tonight...

i'm just trying to determine if this is an issue with the new xbox one x or an issue with the new Vizio HDTV...

i have the Full UHD Color setting on the tv input set to on, the xbox one x video setting is set to 4K, and the tv input say it's displaying at 2160p when i switch to it when the xbox one x is on...

when i turn on the xbox one x and switch to it, and the tv doesn't recognize it, if i hold down the xbox button on the controller and then hit up and hit the X button, the system will shut off like it would if the tv recognized it...

when i first got the xbox one x and was using it on my old 40" Vizio 1080p tv, i connected my cable box to the xbox one x and used OneGuide and this no signal issue never happened. i don't have it connected like that now on the new 65" tv because the best settings for my cable box and the best settings for playing games are completely different. and i highly doubt the tv will switch them between OneGuide and playing games, unless i manual switch them myself, which sounds a little annoying...

any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated...
don't mean to get in the middle of anyone's threads, but i just wanted to post an update. so i returned the original xbox one x because i thought there was a problem with the hdmi port on the system, because i tried 3 different hdmi cables on the system (the original one that came with the system, and 2 different monoprice 4k hdmi cables)...

couldn't find a new xbox one x anywhere (everyone was out of stock cause parents bought them all up for their kids home from school cause of covid-19) so i got a used xbox one s cheap. i was honestly disappointed because i just got a 4k hdtv and the one x looked much better in 4k, and when stores here (in NY) started reopening i was able to find a Fallout xbox one x bundle new at a somewhat local Gamestop for $299, so i snatched that one up and sold the one s for literally what i paid for it a week later...

to make a long story short, the new one x system does the same thing. i've come to realize it's probably just a handshake issue between the one x 4k settings and the particular Vizio model tv, but i'll deal with it because the tv was dirt cheap and the one x looks much better in 4k than the one s did. unplugging the hdmi cable and plugging it back in on either the system or the tv got kinda annoying, so i noticed after the 2nd time it happened that all i have to do is go to tv settings and just change the UHD Color setting to off then on for that input every time the no signal screen shows up then the one x displays fine. no idea why it only happens once in a while...

thanks for the help everyone...
aaronwt likes this.

Xbox Live: KoNtRoL MaNiAk
post #7386 of 7408 Old 06-23-2020, 11:50 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 9
What is the best way to run my direct tv box through the xb 1x or straight to the receiver it seems like the xb makes the sound lounder I don't know i just want the best sound for my set current setup pioneer lx701 xbox 1x
post #7387 of 7408 Old 06-24-2020, 03:08 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddyduke View Post
What is the best way to run my direct tv box through the xb 1x or straight to the receiver it seems like the xb makes the sound lounder I don't know i just want the best sound for my set current setup pioneer lx701 xbox 1x

i suppose it depends on if you want your xbox to be a media center or not, i.e. if you want to use the guide function in your xbox and not the directv box. that means your xbox will have to be on for watching tv as well.

i tried it that wat and WAF got in the way, so i have had stand alone activities ever since. then again, have had the cord cut for 3 years now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG 55C8, Pioneer Elite VSX-LX503, Panamax M5400, Microsoft Xbox One X, Nvidia Shield Pro
Definitive Technology: BP9060 Front left/right/CS9040 center/A90 front Atmos/ProMonitor 800 rear Atmos/SR9040 surround left/right
Rythmik FVX15
post #7388 of 7408 Old 06-24-2020, 05:55 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quick question. My Sony HW700 surround headphones are dying and won’t hold a charge. Thinking of a new headphone setup.

Do people here like the Dolby Atmos headphone feature? If that works well for movies maybe I’ll just get a good pair of headphones and use that. Otherwise was thinking of the Astro A50’s. This is mostly to be used for movies btw hence my curiosity in Atmos headphones.
post #7389 of 7408 Old 06-24-2020, 08:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ario816 View Post
Quick question. My Sony HW700 surround headphones are dying and won’t hold a charge. Thinking of a new headphone setup.

Do people here like the Dolby Atmos headphone feature? If that works well for movies maybe I’ll just get a good pair of headphones and use that. Otherwise was thinking of the Astro A50’s. This is mostly to be used for movies btw hence my curiosity in Atmos headphones.

i believe there is either a one time charge or monthly fee to use the atmos headphone ability.

i could be wrong, but if i remember correctly, i had to download the dolby app to enable atmos for the receiver, and i think it said $11.99 or $12.99 to use the headphone option.

LG 55C8, Pioneer Elite VSX-LX503, Panamax M5400, Microsoft Xbox One X, Nvidia Shield Pro
Definitive Technology: BP9060 Front left/right/CS9040 center/A90 front Atmos/ProMonitor 800 rear Atmos/SR9040 surround left/right
Rythmik FVX15
post #7390 of 7408 Old 06-24-2020, 08:27 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTHEW PATIENT View Post
i believe there is either a one time charge or monthly fee to use the atmos headphone ability.

i could be wrong, but if i remember correctly, i had to download the dolby app to enable atmos for the receiver, and i think it said $11.99 or $12.99 to use the headphone option.

I think it’s a one time fee. That being said did you find the atmos headphone experience good? Preferable to any other headphone experience you have?
post #7391 of 7408 Old 06-24-2020, 08:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ario816 View Post
I think it’s a one time fee. That being said did you find the atmos headphone experience good? Preferable to any other headphone experience you have?

i personally did not pay for it because i would rather use my theater system for sound than headphones, but i have friends that use it. some have better headphones than the others, but the consensus was rhey liked it, although one of my friends went out and spent quite a bit of money on a headset. he then said the atmos was much better.

so take that for face value

aaronwt likes this.

Rythmik FVX15
post #7392 of 7408 Old 06-24-2020, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Okay thx I just want the best sound for watching TV I guess I have to just compare the too sound wise,The only thing I've notice is that the directv box sounds way louder when hooked up though the xb1,but I don't if it passes the audio out to different channels better than being connected to the receiver thats my only problem what do you think or does it piggy back to what you replied earlier 🤔
post #7393 of 7408 Old 06-24-2020, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
XBox One X Color Settings, Nits

Should I adjust the One X console brightness settings according to the eye icon in the set up menu or should I just leave it to the settings I normally use on my TV? Also, should I be reducing the nits from the default? Will default brightness cause damage to the pixels?
post #7394 of 7408 Old 06-24-2020, 03:47 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2077 Post(s)
Liked: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateinMpls View Post
Should I adjust the One X console brightness settings according to the eye icon in the set up menu or should I just leave it to the settings I normally use on my TV? Also, should I be reducing the nits from the default? Will default brightness cause damage to the pixels?

If your Xbox is on a separate input directly into your C9, you should adjust the C9's SDR levels using the Xbox's eye icon setup settings. There's no option to adjust HDR this way, unlike PS4. Here's hoping MS adds both SDR and HDR setups in the Xbox Series X.
aaronwt likes this.
post #7395 of 7408 Old 06-24-2020, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
If your Xbox is on a separate input directly into your C9, you should adjust the C9's SDR levels using the Xbox's eye icon setup settings. There's no option to adjust HDR this way, unlike PS4. Here's hoping MS adds both SDR and HDR setups in the Xbox Series X.

Ok, I actually have the CX but it's basically the same. The Xbox and PS4 are both on separate inputs. As to the nits, I mean on the game options menus there are HDR settings for each game. I was wondering if those should be left at default or dialed back a little.
post #7396 of 7408 Old 06-24-2020, 04:29 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2077 Post(s)
Liked: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateinMpls View Post
Ok, I actually have the CX but it's basically the same. The Xbox and PS4 are both on separate inputs. As to the nits, I mean on the game options menus there are HDR settings for each game. I was wondering if those should be left at default or dialed back a little.

I'm not sure the proper settings for each game's HDR setup, they seem to vary from game to game. Some games have confusing HDR settings, so I just eyeball it so that it looks decent to me.
post #7397 of 7408 Old 06-24-2020, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
I'm not sure the proper settings for each game's HDR setup, they seem to vary from game to game. Some games have confusing HDR settings, so I just eyeball it so that it looks decent to me.

Ok, thanks.
post #7398 of 7408 Old 06-30-2020, 12:03 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I have a lg c9 and a nakamichi shockwafe ultra 9.2ch dts. I was wondering do you guys have the Xbox connected via hdmi 2.1 port directly from the TV or do you have it connected to the Nakamichi Soundbar.

If I connect it directly to the TV I get VRR and allm. I also get all the sound as dolby atmos dd plus

If I connect it to the soundbar I get dolby atmos mat but I lose the VRR and allm features.

What do you recommend I do for my setup?

Would the results be the same when the Xbox Series X console is released?

Thanks!
post #7399 of 7408 Old 06-30-2020, 04:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 973 Post(s)
Liked: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taker13 View Post
I have a lg c9 and a nakamichi shockwafe ultra 9.2ch dts. I was wondering do you guys have the Xbox connected via hdmi 2.1 port directly from the TV or do you have it connected to the Nakamichi Soundbar.

If I connect it directly to the TV I get VRR and allm. I also get all the sound as dolby atmos dd plus

If I connect it to the soundbar I get dolby atmos mat but I lose the VRR and allm features.

Thanks!
It depends on what you want honestly.

Your soundbar doesn't support allm & vrr that's why you lose those options when you connect the Xbox through it.

It will be the same for the series x too.

The only way to fix it is wait for a compatible HDMI 2.1 sound bar or a/v receiver which there are not really any right now. I think Dennon has a receiver out now but but sure.

If you want those features now, then you have to connect straight to the tv

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Living Room: LG OLED65C9, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedrooms: LG OLED65C8, LG OLED55C6, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
LG C6PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-OLED55C6P.AUS
LG C8PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
LG C9PUA/AUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...LED65C9PUA.AUS
post #7400 of 7408 Old 06-30-2020, 06:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
Liked: 1011
The only receivers I have seen announced for HDMI 2.1 is Denon which releases their series in a couple of weeks(15 July) and Yamaha sometime this year.

The 5.0 is here
post #7401 of 7408 Old 06-30-2020, 08:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1268 Post(s)
Liked: 1547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taker13 View Post

That soundbar doesn't have eARC nor will Nakamichi be adding eARC to it.

I recommend plugging it into the TV and getting a SHARC https://thenaudio.com/ to change the eARC to regular HDMI audio.

Yes, it will be the same with the Series X, PS5, PC, etc.
post #7402 of 7408 Old 06-30-2020, 08:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Rather than starting a new thread:

But can it run Crysis? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/cr...ot:overviewtab

Requirements will be 4 Xbox One X's connected together, but will also need to be kept in the refrigerator to prevent GPU from exploding. (hahaha).

Xbox and PS3 Gamertag = Xerostomia
Wii = I'm too lazy to get the number
post #7403 of 7408 Old 07-02-2020, 03:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1395 Post(s)
Liked: 958
Strange thing going on with my x1x and lg cx dolby vision is greyed out now anyone knw how to resolve that?
post #7404 of 7408 Old 07-02-2020, 04:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmane View Post
Strange thing going on with my x1x and lg cx dolby vision is greyed out now anyone knw how to resolve that?
Have you done the CX settings to enable the deep color mode on the correct HDMI port? In the X1X, is DV output check marked in the settings?
post #7405 of 7408 Old 07-02-2020, 04:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1395 Post(s)
Liked: 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
Have you done the CX settings to enable the deep color mode on the correct HDMI port? In the X1X, is DV output check marked in the settings?
I actually just toggled through the resolution and it switched back to normal thankfully lol thanks though
post #7406 of 7408 Old 07-05-2020, 02:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Xbox Controller Joystick

Haven't been around gaming since I lost my arm years ago but grandson 13 is now living with us so I started searching for a new Xbox one x man it was eye opening with this Covid thing going on not one anywhere except for Ebay which I really don't ever use. But found a new sealed Cyberpunk 2077 of course cost me a little more but he has been through some stuff so its worth it. We received it yesterday fully as advertised was supposed to include receipt but she forgot but after 4 hours the left control stick started sticking in the lower right bottom we tried the alcohol and q-tip thing but didn't help.
Question is he just registered everything yesterday if we can't get receipt you think Microsoft will still honor the warranty if not any suggestions to fix this he is a little bummed out but has the one I bought him at Christmas to hold him over.
post #7407 of 7408 Old 07-05-2020, 06:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 973 Post(s)
Liked: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcanary73 View Post
Haven't been around gaming since I lost my arm years ago but grandson 13 is now living with us so I started searching for a new Xbox one x man it was eye opening with this Covid thing going on not one anywhere except for Ebay which I really don't ever use. But found a new sealed Cyberpunk 2077 of course cost me a little more but he has been through some stuff so its worth it. We received it yesterday fully as advertised was supposed to include receipt but she forgot but after 4 hours the left control stick started sticking in the lower right bottom we tried the alcohol and q-tip thing but didn't help.

Question is he just registered everything yesterday if we can't get receipt you think Microsoft will still honor the warranty if not any suggestions to fix this he is a little bummed out but has the one I bought him at Christmas to hold him over.
You can try downloaded the Xbox accessories app on Xbox and see if the controller needs a firmware update.

If not, go online to xbox.com and put in a service request for the controller. If you already registered the console on xbox.com you don't need the receipt. If you didn't register, then register and then put in the repair request

LG C9, C8, C6 w/Pioneer SC-LX502 AVR, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Nintendo Switch
OddyOh likes this.

Living Room: LG OLED65C9, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedrooms: LG OLED65C8, LG OLED55C6, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
LG C6PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-OLED55C6P.AUS
LG C8PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
LG C9PUA/AUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...LED65C9PUA.AUS
post #7408 of 7408 Old 07-06-2020, 04:53 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcanary73 View Post
My brother purchased one on ebay and had a problem with it as well. He went to the service web site and entered the serial number of the controller and based on that they repaired / replaced the controller.
aaronwt and OddyOh like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
enhanced , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page