The Official Xbox One X thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3688Likes

post #181 of 6820 Old 06-13-2017, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1055 Post(s)
Liked: 1638
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 6820 Old 06-13-2017, 09:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 249
One thing I am hoping for is something like this. Games like GTA 5 or Mafia 3, where draw distance is so poor that you have objects popping in, RIGHT in front of you, when driving at high speeds as an example. It would be awesome if those games, even without a 4K update, would stop this completely. It sounds like that is something that is going to happen on the X1X, which would be unreal and very welcome. With the power of the X1X always being used in every game, I think there are going to be a lot of benefits that many of us just aren't thinking of. The 9GB of available GDDR5 memory can store an ENTIRE 360 game (No clue if this is actually possible to do, but it is a fact). They have said that 360 games will also benefit, and I am just wondering how much and what it will actually be.

I am hoping that we get a lot more info before launch about things like this. Draw distance is one of my biggest complaints in sandbox games. I can't imagine the GPU is going to be taxed much taking a 1080p signal and upscaling to 4K, leaving the GPU and Memory to store and display more info that the current systems just can't.

I know a lot of the 360 crowd jumped ship to the PS4. I stuck with the Xbox One over PS4 for Xbox Live, Controller, and preferred first party games. I waited until very recently to grab a PS4, as there was finally a handful of games that I wanted to play (Not a fan of many of the game types that are PS4 exclusive). I always end up with every console, and the Playstations have always been the exclusive only box (I REALLY hate the PS4 controller, though it is the best they have ever had). Come November, I'll finally get my 4K/HDR gaming machine that I have been looking forward to a while now.

My Kinect will be coming along for the upgrade (I really love and use it a lot). Very happy that Netflix and Amazon apps are now both 4K and HDR on the Xbox One S. The Dolby headphone app is looking very promising for virtual surround sound (even if the Microsoft HTRF is currently working better). So with one machine, I can get all of my 4K/HDR gaming, UHD Blu-rays, streaming, and "next gen" headphone VSS. $499 is a steal. I do like the PS4 Pro, but it just doesn't offer anything close to the Xbox One X.

I think Xbox is back on the right track, as it seems they are trying to bring new things to the table that Sony just seems oblivious to. One thing that always confuses me about the "Console War". I would say that 95% of my game purchases are Multiplat. Every E3 and/or argument that arises about the 2 systems, exclusives are talked about ALL the time. For me, it is almost a non issue. I wait out the PS system until a few years in and buy when their catalog finally get strong in my game genres. I am finishing TLoU, then starting Horizon, then Uncharted 4, and getting some MLB:The Show time in here and there. Saw a few games this E3 I am excited about, but they can wait until price drops.

Currently, Zelda Breath of the Wild is getting all of my gaming time, after finally finding a system just after surgery. Coming in handy while I am recovering from surgery in Florida at my parents house.

Great time to be a gamer and an A/V geek. 4K/HDR is the real deal, the Switch is a really cool device for on the go, and I am really happy with the shear amount of great games at our disposal.
onlysublime likes this.

Xbox Live: TheRealMaxPower --- PSN: BeyondMaxPower---- Vizio P75-C1    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Pioneer SC-72   Sony BDP-S790 Xbox One S, PS4 Pro, Astro Mixamp 2013, Soundblaster X7 (Sparkos Op Amps), Schiit Modi Multibit/Magni, LTA MicroZOTL2 headphone amp, Hifiman HE-X V2, AKG K702 65th Anniversary, Fostex TH-X00 Ebony, Monoprice Monolith M1060 (Vegan pads), DT990 Pro 250 ohm, Massdrop/Sennheiser HD6XX and PC37X Audio Technica ATH-M50x Antlion ModMic
post #183 of 6820 Old 06-13-2017, 10:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Liked: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

I just watched this fascinating video. I love hardware and components. I love taking things apart and building/repairing PCs.

The X is a beautiful machine internally and out (I think the same of the PS4). MS has come a long way from the og Xbox with there internal design. Damn it, I think I'm getting a little hyped and I'm still not sure I want to spend the money. I even signed up with Amazon and Best Buy to be notified when preorders are available.
aaronwt likes this.

PSN ID: CrimsonNagus
XBL GT: Crimson Nagus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 6820 Old 06-13-2017, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post
I just watched this fascinating video. I love hardware and components. I love taking things apart and building/repairing PCs.

The X is a beautiful machine internally and out (I think the same of the PS4). MS has come a long way from the og Xbox with there internal design. Damn it, I think I'm getting a little hyped and I'm still not sure I want to spend the money. I even signed up with Amazon and Best Buy to be notified when preorders are available.
Yeah, I always build every desktop PC I've ever owned. Whenever you do pick up the X even if it's years down the road, we'll all welcome you back.
theboomr likes this.
post #185 of 6820 Old 06-13-2017, 11:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 1024
Quote:
In an effort to offer additional clarity on just what Xbox One X and Xbox One S owners are getting with the games they buy, Microsoft is adding new branding guidelines to Xbox One titles this fall.
The company is introducing a trio of signifiers. One denotes 4K resolution — though this includes native 2160p, a “checkerboarded” 2160p presentation or a dynamic, scaling resolution with a performance target of 2160p. The second indicates support for high dynamic range (HDR) color. Finally, an “Xbox One X Enhanced” message declares some enhanced visual fidelity.
https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/13...k-hdr-branding
aaronwt and theboomr like this.
post #186 of 6820 Old 06-14-2017, 12:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Liked: 731
Interesting article..
https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/13/...e-of-the-word/

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #187 of 6820 Old 06-14-2017, 03:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_j05 View Post
Did the one s format it?
Yes. I re-read my post. It wasn't clear I was referring to an external drive.
post #188 of 6820 Old 06-14-2017, 04:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1048 Post(s)
Liked: 858
Cant wait for pre-orders.
aaronwt likes this.
post #189 of 6820 Old 06-14-2017, 06:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

Another article basically saying don't upgrade if you have 1080p. Honestly, I expect more from tech sites, they should know that resolution alone does not determine the graphic quality of a game. I really hope devs do more then just bump up the resolution with the X. It has the power to come close to ultra level PC graphics, which would be a huge jump for even us 1080p'ers. It's up to the devs to harness this power though, something that hasn't happened a great deal with the PS4 Pro.

Articles like this are misleading IMO. Saying you really need to spend $1600 for the upgrade to be worth it is a little ridiculous. I have no plans to buy a 4k TV anytime soon. I'm happy with my current TV and, unless it quits working, I'm going to stick with it for now.

The power of the X should benefit all. I know 4K gets all the buzz but, I think it would help if MS also showed off some 1080p demos. Say "you've seen how great Forza looks in 4k but look how good it also looks in 1080p."

post #190 of 6820 Old 06-14-2017, 07:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Another article basically saying don't upgrade if you have 1080p. Honestly, I expect more from tech sites, they should know that resolution alone does not determine the graphic quality of a game. I really hope devs do more then just bump up the resolution with the X. It has the power to come close to ultra level PC graphics, which would be a huge jump for even us 1080p'ers. It's up to the devs to harness this power though, something that hasn't happened a great deal with the PS4 Pro.

Articles like this are misleading IMO. Saying you really need to spend $1600 for the upgrade to be worth it is a little ridiculous. I have no plans to buy a 4k TV anytime soon. I'm happy with my current TV and, unless it quits working, I'm going to stick with it for now.

The power of the X should benefit all. I know 4K gets all the buzz but, I think it would help if MS also showed off some 1080p demos. Say "you've seen how great Forza looks in 4k but look how good it also looks in 1080p."
I said the same thing when I bought the PRO about not needing to upgrade to 4K with a perfectly fine 1080P TV that was only about 2 years old. Felt like I was missing something, so I sold the 1080P TV for $300 and bought my Sony 49X800D for $550 during Black Friday. Couldn't be happier with that decision.
aaronwt likes this.

Come join our adult gaming community at www.syndicatedgaming.com

XBL, PSN, and Steam: diehardcubfn
post #191 of 6820 Old 06-14-2017, 07:39 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:

Well, you don't need to spend nearly that much to get a 4K TV anymore, either. This year there's the Vizio M Series and E series, as well as the new TCL P Series, that offer pretty dang good picture quality for extremely affordable prices. The 55" TCL is only $600!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
post #192 of 6820 Old 06-14-2017, 07:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
So happy that first party exclusive games will be 4k focused development which will help PC versions perform better. Forza Motorsport 7 looks awesome. I am just pissed they are not adding HDR to PC versions. $500 is excellent pricing after after deals and discounts it will be lower this holiday seasons. Anthem for me was the showstopper and Shadow of Colossus Remake for Sony.
post #193 of 6820 Old 06-14-2017, 08:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Hopefully with this having BlueTooth we'll get a true wireless head set / ear piece. I miss being able to set my controller down, walking away to grab a beverage and yet being able to keep the conversation going with my fireteam....... this wired stuff is for the birds.
post #194 of 6820 Old 06-14-2017, 08:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCaron View Post
Hopefully with this having BlueTooth we'll get a true wireless head set / ear piece. I miss being able to set my controller down, walking away to grab a beverage and yet being able to keep the conversation going with my fireteam....... this wired stuff is for the birds.
There are already several full wireless headsets from turtle Beach, and the latest version of the Astro A50 also is fully wireless. And there's a new LucidSound coming out this fall that is full wireless.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
steba likes this.
post #195 of 6820 Old 06-14-2017, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Check out Minecraft with the free Super Duper Graphics Pack versus regular Minecraft:

Regular Minecraft

Super Duper Graphics Pack

Remember the Super Duper Graphics Pack only applies to the new Minecraft fork that includes Windows 10 Edition, Xbox One, Switch, iOS, Android, Apple TV, etc. It doesn't apply to the older Minecraft versions such as the original PC Java version or Minecraft: Xbox One Edition or any PlayStation versions. Users of Minecraft: Xbox One Edition will get the new Minecraft game for free. The new version titled just "Minecraft" will be crossplatform with the same users and servers on all platforms except PlayStation.

https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/all-news-e3

Minecraft will get 4K HDR graphics which include improved lighting, shadows, water effects... basically, it'll be like giving your eyes a luxury massage. This’ll be available to folks playing on Xbox One, Windows 10, iOS, mobile, and VR - essentially every platform that gets our Better Together update.

We'll also be releasing new DLC, the Super Duper Graphics Pack. On top of the free 4K update, the Super Duper Graphics Pack introduces features like dynamic shadows, lighting that streams through fog, movement in leaves and grass, new textures for mobs and villagers, directional lighting, edge highlighting and more! This Pack will be available on Xbox One and Windows 10, performing best on high-end PCs and the Xbox One X (formerly known as Project Scorpio).

Now keep in mind that these are entirely optional. We wanted to take advantage of 4K gaming and give players a whole new way to see the game. But only if you want! Minecraft's original lovely look is going nowhere. We'll have more info about the release date of the free 4K update and Super Duper Graphics Pack DLC closer to release.

Last edited by onlysublime; 06-14-2017 at 11:14 AM.
post #196 of 6820 Old 06-14-2017, 11:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1780 Post(s)
Liked: 4043
As always, Richard Leadbetter and Digital Foundry have a good, clear-headed take on the Xbox One X:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...ed-to-see-more
post #197 of 6820 Old 06-14-2017, 12:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Are there anymore details about Player Unknowns Battlegrounds coming out of E3? Do we know if cross platform play will be supported, especially between a Xbox and PC (Steam) user?

post #198 of 6820 Old 06-14-2017, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I've been waiting for Microsoft Project Scorpio to make an announcement of new Xbox One X to see the specs. As much as I like what I was reading about for the last 7 pages I haven't seen information about 3d blu ray support? I have seen support for UHD, HDR10, Atmos and maybe Dolby Vision with future firmware upgrade, but nothing abour 3d. I am asking this in the light of the new Samsung UHD Blu ray player which lacks support for 3d. I was planning to buy One X mostly to mostly play UHD blurays and have possibility to play AC, Fifa, Gears of War now and then...
post #199 of 6820 Old 06-14-2017, 12:40 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 9309 Post(s)
Liked: 5996
Quote:
Originally Posted by merceg100 View Post
I've been waiting for Microsoft Project Scorpio to make an announcement of new Xbox One X to see the specs. As much as I like what I was reading about for the last 7 pages I haven't seen information about 3d blu ray support? I have seen support for UHD, HDR10, Atmos and maybe Dolby Vision with future firmware upgrade, but nothing abour 3d. I am asking this in the light of the new Samsung UHD Blu ray player which lacks support for 3d. I was planning to buy One X mostly to mostly play UHD blurays and have possibility to play AC, Fifa, Gears of War now and then...
Since the original XBOne and the XB1S supports 3D BD. You would think the XB1X does too. But I guess there is no guarantee. But I would be surprised if it didn't since the software already supports it.
MikeTV69 and theboomr like this.

53TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #200 of 6820 Old 06-14-2017, 12:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Are there anymore details about Player Unknowns Battlegrounds coming out of E3? Do we know if cross platform play will be supported, especially between a Xbox and PC (Steam) user?
I doubt cross platform play for this one. Keyboard/mouse would have advantage over controller.
theboomr likes this.

Steam ID: Budracin88
Origin ID: Budracin88
Blizzard: Budracin88#1797
YouTube Channel
Twitch
post #201 of 6820 Old 06-14-2017, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Since the original XBOne and the XB1S supports 3D BD. You would think the XB1X does too. But I guess there is no guarantee. But I would be surprised if it didn't since the software already supports it.
So did first Samsung UBD-K8500 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player, but this new one UBD-M9500 doesn't...
Seems like 3d isn't big thing on the market anymore, you see lots of TV brands having it's support only on higher end models...
post #202 of 6820 Old 06-14-2017, 01:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
So did first Samsung UBD-K8500 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player, but this new one UBD-M9500 doesn't...
Seems like 3d isn't big thing on the market anymore, you see lots of TV brands having it's support only on higher end models...
Most major TV brands have 100% dropped 3D support in all current models, low-end or high-end.
post #203 of 6820 Old 06-14-2017, 01:41 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 9309 Post(s)
Liked: 5996
Quote:
Yes but the Samsung UHD BD players are different than the XBox ecosystem. They make a point of basically saying whatever you do on your old XBOne, you can do on the newer one. Fortunately for me, I don't need to rely on my XBOnes for 3D playback. I can either play the 3D BD ISOs back from my servers with my media players. Or use any one of over half a dozen BD players that have 3D playback.

53TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #204 of 6820 Old 06-14-2017, 01:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budracin8 View Post
I doubt cross platform play for this one. Keyboard/mouse would have advantage over controller.

Well that doesn't bother me because I suck at shooters anyway. It would be fun to play this with a friend of mine who plays it all the time on PC.

post #205 of 6820 Old 06-14-2017, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboomr View Post
Most major TV brands have 100% dropped 3D support in all current models, low-end or high-end.
Yes, but Panasonic hasn't. It is still pushing in the high end segment 3d (fortunately), as they were the only one to push plasma till they decided as the last manufacturer to give up (unfortunately).
post #206 of 6820 Old 06-14-2017, 02:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Well that doesn't bother me because I suck at shooters anyway. It would be fun to play this with a friend of mine who plays it all the time on PC.
It's a damn fun game. Moments of silence pierced by holy terror and hopefully the rush of relief when you get the kill.
aaronwt and theboomr like this.

Steam ID: Budracin88
Origin ID: Budracin88
Blizzard: Budracin88#1797
YouTube Channel
Twitch
post #207 of 6820 Old 06-14-2017, 03:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 1024
Palidins and Smite were both confirmed to support the X, but the dev has confirmed both will be native 4K/60

Both SMITE and Paladins will run on the Xbox One X at a native 4k resolution and at 60 FPS, bringing both high-energy games at their prettiest and most fast-paced. Hi-Rez has kindly provided some footage of both games running directly from their Xbox One X dev kit, which can be viewed in the embedded trailers below.

http://www.mmogames.com/gamenews/smi...launch-titles/
onlysublime likes this.
post #208 of 6820 Old 06-14-2017, 03:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2244 Post(s)
Liked: 2529
This is great news. It is clear they learned from Sony's mistake where I found myself having to search around the net to figure out what the Pro would bring with the various games I was shopping for.

Sure it is no technical deep dive but at least this covers the basics whereas Sony just indicates if it is "Pro Enhanced".
theboomr likes this.
post #209 of 6820 Old 06-14-2017, 08:43 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
If the X had Dolby Vision confirmed then I would be more inclined to purchase it. Imagine this, a Dolby player that also plays games! lol...
mttpalmer and Geronimo.USMC like this.
post #210 of 6820 Old 06-15-2017, 01:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Liked: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
As always, Richard Leadbetter and Digital Foundry have a good, clear-headed take on the Xbox One X:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...ed-to-see-more
What, he sold his soul to MS

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
enhanced , xbox one x