Xbox One X gaming and movie capabilities? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-24-2017, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Xbox One X gaming and movie capabilities?

I'm planning to get the following equipment and I'm starting to get a headache about all of the 4k, HDR and sound possibilities out there.

Sony VPL-VW385ES projector
Anthem MRX 1120 receiver
Xbox One X

Will all of this equipment support Dolby Vision and Atmos? Will I also need to buy the LG - UP970 player to get those features? Will it matter if the projector and receiver don't allow them?

Am I right that all of the equipment and movies/games needs to allow for Dolby Vision and Atmos for the movies or games played on the Xbox One X to appear and sound using those methods?

Is all of this equipment compatible to show HDR? Is HDR 10 the best they can all do?

I have quite a few movies I bought to stream from Amazon in HD. Will these purchases also stream in 4k HDR, Dolby Vision and use Atmos? If so, how would I know it's doing it? Is there a way to find the feature in the movie description? Or do I have to buy it again? Can all of that be streamed or do I need to buy discs again? For instance, I read that Deadpool 4k was also in Atmos and Vision but I don't see that description on the Amazon page. It just shows Dolby surround. Same for Netflix. I read they allow 4k and Atmos but I can't find a way to know which movies are using it.

Can you stream 3d movies from Amazon or Netflix?

Will Xbox One X games allow 4k HDR, Dolby Vision and use Atmos? If so, how would I know it's doing it? Is there a way to find the feature in the game description? I found an article that stated that Xbox One X uses Atmos. Doesn't it require the games to be programmed to use it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-24-2017, 11:17 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 573 Post(s)
Liked: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by juxtafras View Post
I'm planning to get the following equipment and I'm starting to get a headache about all of the 4k, HDR and sound possibilities out there.

Sony VPL-VW385ES projector
Anthem MRX 1120 receiver
Xbox One X

Will all of this equipment support Dolby Vision and Atmos? Will I also need to buy the LG - UP970 player to get those features? Will it matter if the projector and receiver don't allow them?

Am I right that all of the equipment and movies/games needs to allow for Dolby Vision and Atmos for the movies or games played on the Xbox One X to appear and sound using those methods?

Is all of this equipment compatible to show HDR? Is HDR 10 the best they can all do?

I have quite a few movies I bought to stream from Amazon in HD. Will these purchases also stream in 4k HDR, Dolby Vision and use Atmos? If so, how would I know it's doing it? Is there a way to find the feature in the movie description? Or do I have to buy it again? Can all of that be streamed or do I need to buy discs again? For instance, I read that Deadpool 4k was also in Atmos and Vision but I don't see that description on the Amazon page. It just shows Dolby surround. Same for Netflix. I read they allow 4k and Atmos but I can't find a way to know which movies are using it.

Can you stream 3d movies from Amazon or Netflix?

Will Xbox One X games allow 4k HDR, Dolby Vision and use Atmos? If so, how would I know it's doing it? Is there a way to find the feature in the game description? I found an article that stated that Xbox One X uses Atmos. Doesn't it require the games to be programmed to use it?

First, you will have to go to the manufactueres website for the projector and receiver to see what exact specs they can handle.

As for HDR
There are receivers and tv's that handle one or the other or the more expensive models handle all. Also have to make sure the reciver and tv support full 4k & 3D if you plan on going 4K & 3D

For example my Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Receiver supports full 4K, 3D, all dolby formats up to Atmos & X, it does all HDR formats (HDR10, Dolby Vision & HLG)
My TV's My 4K LG OLED 55C6P & my 4K LG LED 55UH8500 supports all HDR formats as well
The Xbox One X supports Dolby as well as Dolby Atmos & Dolby X as well as HDR10

Some Games will support Dolby atmos & HDR 10 (there are no plans at this time for games or xbox one x to support Dolby Vision)

Games will work no matter what your tv or receiver have but of course if the tv and receiver dont have 4K, 3D, HDR & atmos support then the games will play in standard mode but wont play in atmos sound or show HDR / 4K graphics

Movies can stream 3D from VUDU (there are a couple) but tv & / or receiver have to support it. Netflix/Amazon do not have 3D movies at this time.

In general your games will work even if you dont have any of the new features or 4k/dolby atmos sound but you wont get any of these advanced features at all.

Living Room: LG 65C8, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedroom: LG 55C6P, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
Link to LG C8PUA Firmware https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
Link to LG UH8500 & C6 Firmware http://www.lg.com/us/support-product...D55C6P#manuals

Last edited by Jrocker23; 10-24-2017 at 11:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
dolby atmos , dolby vision , hdr , uhd , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page