Dolby Atmos for GAMING thread - Page 17 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 224Likes

post #481 of 484 Old 04-11-2019, 10:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Liked: 676
Had a new update (beta ring) and still no new option yet for Atmos.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 484 Old 04-15-2019, 08:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 24
If you are receiving a Dobly ATMOS signal, you will get a Dolby TrueHD or Dolby Digital Plus stream instead..., if you are receiving a DTS:X signal, you will get a DTS MA stream instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg22 View Post
Perhaps a silly question, but: what occurs when you play a game and/or film with an audio track that provides a higher speaker count/quality than in your setup?

My setup is a 5.1 system + atmos-enabled AVR + XBox One

When I popped in my Blade Runner 2049 UHD, it offered the Atmos 7.1 track by default. But DTS-MA 5.1 was also an option, which I presume is what I should choose. The recent Spider-man, however, only has the Atmos 7.1 track in English. The respective 5.1 tracks are in various non-English languages. Am I simply losing out on audio in the Spider-man example?

As applied to Atmos-enabled games on the Xbox 1 X, I'm similarly curious. Titles such as Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Gears of War 4 are touted as Atmos-enabled, as those in this thread are certainly aware of. What occurs to the audio when I play those games on the XB1X? Those two games don't have specific audio settings (like the UHD's I mentioned above). Does the proper spatial audio depend on the audio XB1X's settings? What would happen if I chose bitstream + atmos with my 5.1 (but atmos AVR) setup instead of Uncompressed PCM 5.1?

Thanks!
pg22 likes this.

Last edited by TheNotepadShow; 04-16-2019 at 04:18 PM.
post #483 of 484 Old 04-17-2019, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Last night I was playing Destiny 2 on my XB1X and was hearing discrete overhead effects even though the Xbox was outputting in 5.1 uncompressed. The screen on my receiver (Denon x1400H) said Multi Ch In, which is what it says when receiving a PCM signal. The game patch notes don't mention any kind of spatial or Atmos support, and apparently the Xbox system update yesterday wasn't the one that adds Atmos upmixing. And yet, the sound of birds chirping coming directly from my ceiling, clear as day, via uncompressed PCM. What's going on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #484 of 484 Old 04-17-2019, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1758 Post(s)
Liked: 4027
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayyyyy View Post
Last night I was playing Destiny 2 on my XB1X and was hearing discrete overhead effects even though the Xbox was outputting in 5.1 uncompressed. The screen on my receiver (Denon x1400H) said Multi Ch In, which is what it says when receiving a PCM signal. The game patch notes don't mention any kind of spatial or Atmos support, and apparently the Xbox system update yesterday wasn't the one that adds Atmos upmixing. And yet, the sound of birds chirping coming directly from my ceiling, clear as day, via uncompressed PCM. What's going on?
May guess would be upmixing on the Denon. Hit a Sound Mode button (Game, for example) on the x1400H remote to see if you are adding Dolby Surround or DTS Neural:X to the mix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page