Options for surround sound and the xbox one s
I will be getting a jvc Lt55n685a uhd TV. It does have arc unsure about optical out.
I have a xbox one s
I have a 7.1 Samsung HT-C6950W surround sound system. It has passthrough from what the main pages says.
What I need to do is maintain uhd video from the xbox one s. Netflix 4k.
While keeping 7.1 audio from the home theatre system.
Here are the options I came up with.
1) xbox hdmi to TV.
Xbox optical to home theatre.
At this stage I believe it only allows up to 5.1
2) xbox hdmi to the TV
TV hdmi arc to the home theatre system
Unsure what it will do. If it would even work. This is what comes up
"HDMI Pass-Through passes video and audio signals from a high definition (HD) source such as a Blu-ray player or a HD set top box to a home theatre system (HTS) via a HDMI cable. The home theatre system plays the audio from the HD source through its own speakers and sends the unaltered video signal to a TV via a second HDMI cable.
A home theatre system that supports HDMI pass-through will have one HDMI OUT port to send the HDMI signal to a TV, and at least one HDMI IN port to receive a HDMI signal from the connected external device.
Advantages of HDMI Pass-Through
● It provides an easy, single cable method of sending HD audio formats such as Dolby True HD, DTS Master Audio, and 7.1 surround sound from an HD source to a Home Theater System. The only alternative method requires you to connect eight audio cables.
● It sends HD audio formats in digital form. The eight audio cable connection method transmits only analog signals.
● It passes the digital, 1080p video signal from the Blu-ray player or Set Top Box to the TV without altering the signal. You get top of the line video and audio formats, all in digital and high definition.
HDMI Pass-Through does not work with all devices. Before attempting to set up an HDMI Pass-Through connection, make sure the source of the signal such as a Blu-ray player or Set Top Box, supports HDMI pass through.
For TV and Home Theatre System connection only (No STB, or TV Pass Through connection):
● If your TV does not have HDMI Out, pass through can still be configured by using HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) port or an Optical Cable connected to the TV's Digital Audio Out port going to your HTS Digital Audio In port.
● Do not forget to set your TV speakers to External."
3) a sound bar. Which is a option I don't really understand other then it's fake surround sound. But I need one that allows hdmi 2.0