AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Xbox Area (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/141-xbox-area/)
-   -   Dolby Vision coming to the Xbox One X/S (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/141-xbox-area/2989754-dolby-vision-coming-xbox-one-x-s.html)

jleholeho 07-12-2018 12:32 AM

Dolby Vision coming to the Xbox One X/S
 
Dear fellow AV enthusiasts,

just came across some good news:
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/07/...system-update/

Kudos to Microsoft for this one!

thatJohann 07-12-2018 04:59 AM

Amazing. Hope it comes to 4K Blu Ray playback. Right now only Netflix


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ratbuddy 07-12-2018 05:54 AM

Ugh, guess I'm not selling the One X after all. I really hope Netflix fixes the 'always HDR' bug with their Xbox app though, or I'll need to switch between devices to view SDR vs HDR.

talldrink67 07-12-2018 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jleholeho (Post 56478306)
Dear fellow AV enthusiasts,

just came across some good news:
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/07/...system-update/

Kudos to Microsoft for this one!

Although it is only for Netflix right now (and only on the insider beta OS program), I see it eventually being applied to the 4K Blu-Ray player, other apps and eventually games given Microsoft and Dolby's partnership with the Xbox and PC.

Mike4HDTV 07-12-2018 08:03 AM

Anyone have the 1810 update? I checked my Xbox and I'm on 1806 and it shows no updates available. Guess I will have to wait till its available for me in the beta program.

Zoland2020 07-12-2018 01:54 PM

Fantastic for Dolby Vision fans! :D

jleholeho 07-14-2018 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike4HDTV (Post 56479476)
Anyone have the 1810 update? I checked my Xbox and I'm on 1806 and it shows no updates available. Guess I will have to wait till its available for me in the beta program.

Yes, I’m an Alpha ring, the update showed up yesterday, need to check som DV content on Netflix

ratbuddy 07-14-2018 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jleholeho (Post 56487830)
Yes, I’m an Alpha ring, the update showed up yesterday, need to check som DV content on Netflix

I just signed up yesterday and it says omega ring. Is there something I need to do to 'move' to the one that gets this update?

jleholeho 07-14-2018 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratbuddy (Post 56487844)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jleholeho (Post 56487830)
Yes, I’m an Alpha ring, the update showed up yesterday, need to check som DV content on Netflix

I just signed up yesterday and it says omega ring. Is there something I need to do to 'move' to the one that gets this update?

Unfortunately, moving up a ring ladder is a matter of time and number of answered questionnaires, so I’m sorry, they won’t offer you an Alpha ring right away

ratbuddy 07-27-2018 09:19 AM

Any feedback from those who have tested this? Can't wait to have a single device to play and stream everything :)

Mike4HDTV 08-31-2018 05:40 AM

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/08/...system-update/

Looks like Dolby Vision is now available in Netflix for Alpha and Alpha Skip ahead ring testers.

scitek 09-05-2018 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike4HDTV (Post 56728166)
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/08/...system-update/

Looks like Dolby Vision is now available in Netflix for Alpha and Alpha Skip ahead ring testers.

Also looks like it only works on select TVs with a "newer" version of DV.

https://www.dolby.com/us/en/categori...compatible.pdf

Flambe 09-06-2018 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scitek (Post 56758560)
Also looks like it only works on select TVs with a "newer" version of DV.

https://www.dolby.com/us/en/categori...compatible.pdf

Well that's crap. Those of us with 2016 LG TVs are out of luck, eh? :/


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.