DTS:X Is Coming to Xbox One and Xbox One S - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 25Likes

post #31 of 36 Old 03-13-2019, 05:09 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 698 Post(s)
Liked: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex View Post
This is great I can let my Denon X8500H decide now
No, there is not much difference to AVR. They added Atmos upmixing option to the Atmos mode in Xbox One. You get a choice of upmix or no upmixing (like it is right now) on non-Atmos game or app sound. The output is still in Atmos container regardless of your choice. Your Denon is still left lifeless and can't do anything about it until Microsoft introduces true bitstream which looks like NEVER.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 03-14-2019, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex View Post
This is great I can let my Denon X8500H decide now

“The new Atmos upmixing feature for home theater setups will be set to ‘on’ by default – and actually, in the current build out with Alpha Insiders, it’s set to ‘on’ permanently. However, Xbox Audio Lead Steven Wilssens tells me that by the time the new feature is ready to roll out to the Xbox community at large, it will contain the option to toggle the upmixing on or off (for people who prefer to hear non-Atmos sources in their original format). ”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When it is set to "on" permanently, is there is greyed out switch showing that it is on?
Im a Beta level insider, and have had two updates in the past two weeks, and i didnt see anything in the notes indicating the upmixing feature has been added, or anything in the audio output menu on my xbox. do you know what OS release version had the upmixing included?
post #33 of 36 Old 03-18-2019, 09:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by talldrink67 View Post
When it is set to "on" permanently, is there is greyed out switch showing that it is on?
Im a Beta level insider, and have had two updates in the past two weeks, and i didnt see anything in the notes indicating the upmixing feature has been added, or anything in the audio output menu on my xbox. do you know what OS release version had the upmixing included?
I just got an update ~700 mb as a Delta insider and now the options appear exactly the same (no switch to toggle) but bitstream Atmos is upmixing. However rdr2 for example is only upmixing the 5.1 track to 5.1.2. It's not adding the rear heights or rear surrounds

JVC RS 540
7.1.4, Klipsch 504c center channel, Hsu VTF-3 MK5 sub, Klipsch RP-280FA fronts, Hsu HB-1 MK2 surrounds and rears, and Klipsch RP-140SA rear heights
Denon X6400H
Xbox One X, HTPC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 36 Old 03-21-2019, 04:15 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by talldrink67 View Post
I´m an Alpha Skip Ahead, the top line, and there hasn´t been any change in the setting option so far...several updates were performed over the last weeks, can´t see any actual feature change in Audio Settings, nor can I see any DTS:X option added...it takes a while with poor Microsoft.
post #35 of 36 Old 06-17-2020, 03:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 147
DTS-X for headphones is coming. If you are an Xbox insider, the Alpa Skip Ahead ring has a new DTS-X app. https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/06/...8-200616-0000/
silver-eye likes this.

Xbox and PS3 Gamertag = Xerostomia
Wii = I'm too lazy to get the number
post #36 of 36 Old 06-17-2020, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Yup, can confirm it's up and running on my X1X as an Alpha Insider.

That said, I'm not really the target audience. I'd much rather use my 5.1.2 setup. Wonder if DTS:X (non-headphones) is coming, similar to Atmos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page