• 1 Post By CURX8

post #1 of 7 Old 04-14-2019, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 7
xbox 1X in media closet

Quick question,

Can you place the Xbox 1x in an AV closet and still play? I am setting up a home theater and all the other components will be in an AV closet/room. I was wondering if this works. Or do I need line of sight?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-14-2019, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by john.odonnell01 View Post
Quick question,

Can you place the Xbox 1x in an AV closet and still play? I am setting up a home theater and all the other components will be in an AV closet/room. I was wondering if this works. Or do I need line of sight?

No line of sight needed. You will most likely be OK, but may run into issues depending on how far away you are from the Xbox and the construction of the closet.

75Q9FN / Denon X6400H 7.1.4 / Xbox One X / PS4 Pro / Nintendo Switch / Nvidia Shield / Sony X800 BR
post #3 of 7 Old 04-14-2019, 02:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Wouldn't the updated controller (bluetooth) work better,now, with improved range? I have not tested in my theater, (my X is in my main viewing area with my 4K TV). I have had terrible luck with the standard XB1 and it's poor implementation of it's own WiFi based controller. Constant drops and loss of communication have plagued me since launch.

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-15-2019, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillaz View Post
No line of sight needed. You will most likely be OK, but may run into issues depending on how far away you are from the Xbox and the construction of the closet.

Just a drywall wall and a wooden door at about 20'. Thank you for the reply
post #5 of 7 Old 04-15-2019, 03:10 PM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by john.odonnell01 View Post
Just a drywall wall and a wooden door at about 20'. Thank you for the reply
In my experience with my 1X and Elite controller, that is on the fringe of this unit's range. If this were a 360 you wouldn't have an issue but with the One, MS really screwed up with their controller connection protocol.
kevin g. likes this.

Sony 65" 950B | Marantz AV8802a | Marantz MM8077 | Rotel RB-1572
MartinLogan Theos | MartinLogan Motif X | MartinLogan Motion 4 | MartinLogan ElectroMotion IC
Sony PS4 PRO | XBox One X | Oppo 203 | NVidia Shield | Roku Ultra | Pioneer Elite SC-79 | Monoprice 6.5" Alpha In-Ceiling | DefTech AW6500
post #6 of 7 Old 04-15-2019, 06:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by CURX8 View Post
In my experience with my 1X and Elite controller, that is on the fringe of this unit's range. If this were a 360 you wouldn't have an issue but with the One, MS really screwed up with their controller connection protocol.

I've never had any serious issues with my Elite at 20' as long as I am on the same floor as the xbox but I have noticed that if I try to take my controller upstairs to the kitchen I will lose voice comms, but in this circumstance the signal is now beaming through a wall and the floor (as the crow flies). I agree I wouldn't try to press the issue too much further distance-wise.

75Q9FN / Denon X6400H 7.1.4 / Xbox One X / PS4 Pro / Nintendo Switch / Nvidia Shield / Sony X800 BR
post #7 of 7 Old Today, 06:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 341
My original Xbox One, launch console had to be in the same room. Pissed me off. All my equipment is in a room directly below my living room. The X I have zero issues. get about 30 feet away, but it drops off quick. I'm probably about 18' in my usual couch distance and I'm fine. Don't forget 4k needs good cables for long distance too. Monoprice certified 4k is what I'm using. My Ps4 Pro has same range. My 360 I could probably walk to my neighbors house. Whatever MS did with the Xbox one Sticks ruined them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page