The Last Jedi - anyone playing? As good as Battlefront 2? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 12-08-2019, 01:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The Last Jedi - anyone playing? As good as Battlefront 2?

Hi there,

Just thinking about getting The Last Jedi for the Xbox one. It's single player and we're used to all the multi player options on Star Wars Battlefront original and 2 - just enjoying the Battlefront 2 EA account options at the moment with my 11 year old.

Should we get it? Is it worth the money?

Thanks all.

Love my family, love audio, have a thing for fizzy sweets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 12-08-2019, 09:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1820 Post(s)
Liked: 4084
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzydizzyJF69 View Post
Hi there,

Just thinking about getting The Last Jedi for the Xbox one. It's single player and we're used to all the multi player options on Star Wars Battlefront original and 2 - just enjoying the Battlefront 2 EA account options at the moment with my 11 year old.

Should we get it? Is it worth the money?

Thanks all.
I've been playing it for a couple weeks. Solid single player game, nice presentation. I would compare it to the recent Tomb Raider games on Xbox and the Uncharted series on PS4. Not as good as those games, but still a very solid play.

I would say worth the money for Star Wars fans and/or you like single-player Tomb Raider-ish games. But if you are on the fence, you might want to wait for a sale.
post #3 of 10 Old 12-28-2019, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1820 Post(s)
Liked: 4084
WARING about this game... watch the difficulty level!

I've been playing at Jedi Master level, which has a nice challenge and I've been able to beat almost all battles. At one point things got just too hard, and I lowered difficulty down to get past a battle that was too far above my skill level. After completing that, I moved difficulty back up to Jedi Master, thinking I would knock it back down if I got to point again that was too hard.

BIG MISTAKE.

I have hit a one-on-one combat scene that's just too hard for me at Jedi Master difficulty. The problem is, the game saves at this point and doesn't allow to change the difficulty during combat.

Now I have a game 78% complete and at a point that's too hard for me without any way to change the difficulty level. So I'm going to be unable to complete this game unless Respawn updates the game to allow changing difficulty during combat. Or I restart the game in story mode just to get to the end. Ugggg.

Last edited by DaverJ; 12-28-2019 at 10:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 12-28-2019, 01:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked: 491
Thread title should be changed. Game title is Jedi Fallen Order, not The Last Jedi.

It’s a great game. My daughter has already completed it on the easiest setting. She also doesn’t explore much. I’m over half way through but I don’t like to leave an area until I have found everything. So, I’m always going back to places when I unlock new abilities while ignoring the main story.

PSN ID: CrimsonNagus
XBL GT: Crimson Nagus
post #5 of 10 Old 12-29-2019, 09:08 AM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
I just finished the game and it is just OK. I would probably rate it a 6 on a 10 scale. I am a big story line fan and it just did not engulf me to the point I would have liked. The combat and controls were a bit glitchy. You need very good timing to pull off a lot of stuff. Do NOT pay for the upgrade, it is $10 for a different color skin for your little robot friend and space ship. Most of the treasure chests were just different skins or light saber colors, nothing to actually help you in game play, except a couple force increases and stims for health. These are few and far between. Mostly a waste of time except for the practice getting to "secret places". Just my $0.02
post #6 of 10 Old 01-05-2020, 09:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Great game, finished it after a few days. Don't see much replay value in the game, but it was fun none the less. Battlefront 2 has A LOT of replay value.

Room 1 Samsung Q8FN 75" TV || Denon X2400H Receiver || Triad InWall/4 Satellites || Triad InRoom Silver/4 Satellites || Triad OmniSub 12
Room 2 Sony X900F 65" TV  || Sony HT-X9000F sound bar
Xbox Live : BoDEAN
post #7 of 10 Old 01-09-2020, 04:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post
Thread title should be changed. Game title is Jedi Fallen Order, not The Last Jedi.

It’s a great game. My daughter has already completed it on the easiest setting. She also doesn’t explore much. I’m over half way through but I don’t like to leave an area until I have found everything. So, I’m always going back to places when I unlock new abilities while ignoring the main story.
Ooops - apologies, my bad. will change. not sure what i was thinking.

post #8 of 10 Old 01-09-2020, 05:06 AM - Thread Starter

Hi all, thanks for your comments - update - got the game and played it over Christmas. Did enjoy it but finished it much sooner than I thought. Right about needing timing for some stuff, my sone got the hang of some of it much quicker than me. Now going back through with increased difficulty level with see if there's any big difference.

Like the story but thought the end was sudden. Maybe there will be extra content to follow on? Agree that BF 2 much more playable once gone through the initial game.

post #9 of 10 Old 01-09-2020, 06:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Quoted: 5676 Post(s)
Liked: 3727
I just started the game yesterday. It feels like Tomb Raider in a star wars universe. Pretty good so far, but all the jumping isn't really my thing. Still the story is engaging enough that hopefully I can get through it without an (impossible for me) jumping sequence I cant get past.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #10 of 10 Old 01-09-2020, 11:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 970 Post(s)
Liked: 654
I have the game but to be honest...I am just not drawn to it. I played for a bit here and there over the holiday break...but just cannot bring myself to finish it. I just think the style is not my cup of tea. Combat feels clunky and too simplistic. The story while "good" is not enough to overcome. Never played Battlefront so cannot compare.

Last edited by RafaelSmith; 01-09-2020 at 11:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
battlefront2 , Star Wars , star wars the last jedi

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page