post #1 of 56 Old 12-12-2019, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 1034
Xbox Series X

Launching Holiday 2020

Xbox Series X will be our fastest, most powerful console ever and set a new bar for performance, speed and compatibility, allowing you to bring your gaming legacy, thousands of games from three generations and more forward with you. Its industrial design enables us to deliver four times the processing power of Xbox One X in the most quiet and efficient way, something that is critically important in delivering truly immersive gameplay. We also designed Xbox Series X to support both vertical and horizontal orientation. It’s bold and unique, very much like our fans around the world and the team of collaborators and innovators who built it.

Bringing Developers’ Dreams to Life with Xbox Series X
Games today deliver amazing visuals and tell an array of different and deep stories. That’s why, when we started work on Xbox Series X, it was vital we continue to advance state-of-the-art visual capabilities for developers, while also ensuring they could realize even greater feeling, emotion and empathy in their games. With Xbox Series X, we will elevate the way games look, play and feel. We will also remove the technical barriers faced in previous generations and enable developers to create more expansive, immersive gaming worlds that invite more players to play.

From a technical standpoint, this will manifest as world-class visuals in 4K at 60FPS, with possibility of up to 120FPS, including support for Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), and 8K capability. Powered by our custom-designed processor leveraging the latest Zen 2 and next generation RDNA architecture from our partners at AMD, Xbox Series X will deliver hardware accelerated ray tracing and a new level of performance never before seen in a console. Additionally, our patented Variable Rate Shading (VRS) technology will allow developers to get even more out of the Xbox Series X GPU and our next-generation SSD will virtually eliminate load times and bring players into their gaming worlds faster than ever before.
We are minimizing latency by leveraging technology such as Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and giving developers new functionality like Dynamic Latency Input (DLI) to make Xbox Series X the most responsive console ever. Xbox Series X is also designed for a future in the cloud, with unique capabilities built into the hardware and software to make it as easy as possible to bring great games to both console and elsewhere. Xbox Series X will deliver a level of fidelity and immersion unlike anything that’s been achieved in previous console generations.

One Console, Four Generations of Gaming
One of the things we’re most proud of with Xbox Series X is the promise we’re delivering to our fans who have and continue to invest with Xbox. Thanks to backward compatibility, you can expect your gaming legacy, thousands of your favorite games across four generations of gaming, all your Xbox One gaming accessories, and industry-leading services like Xbox Game Pass to be available when you power on your Xbox Series X in Holiday 2020.

Building on our compatibility promise, with Xbox Series X we’re also investing in consumer-friendly pathways to game ownership across generations. Leading the way with our first-party titles including Halo Infinite in 2020, we’re committed to ensuring that games from Xbox Game Studios support cross-generation entitlements and that your Achievements and game saves are shared across devices. As we branch out and extend gaming to more players around the world, console gaming will remain at the heart of our Xbox offering. Game creators around the globe are already hard at work building content for Xbox Series X and our 15 Xbox Game Studios are developing the largest and most creatively diverse lineup of Xbox exclusive games in our history. On behalf of Team Xbox, we’re excited to enter the future of console gaming with you and can’t wait to share more in 2020.
Recommended for you

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/12/...xbox-series-x/

GPBURNS and mboojigga like this.

Last edited by spid; 12-12-2019 at 08:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 Old 12-12-2019, 08:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Xbone to Xbox SeX. Ya, the name was probably done on purpose. The launch better be called Anaconda (like my X is called Project Scorpio).

Also, it better be rack mountable, that box is to cubical for my liking.

Hellblade, personally I did not like the game. But there is history behind that one (being timed exclusive for PS, so for them to highlight that game with the launch trailer there probably is some tit for tat going on, haha).

Xbox and PS3 Gamertag = Xerostomia
Wii = I'm too lazy to get the number

Last edited by deveng; 12-12-2019 at 08:14 PM.
post #3 of 56 Old 12-12-2019, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Announced games:

Halo Infinite

Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II

GPBURNS likes this.

Last edited by spid; 12-14-2019 at 04:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 56 Old 12-12-2019, 09:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by deveng View Post
Xbone to Xbox SeX. Ya, the name was probably done on purpose. The launch better be called Anaconda (like my X is called Project Scorpio).

Also, it better be rack mountable, that box is to cubical for my liking.

Hellblade, personally I did not like the game. But there is history behind that one (being timed exclusive for PS, so for them to highlight that game with the launch trailer there probably is some tit for tat going on, haha).

I don't see how this thing could possibly be rack mountable OOTB.

82Q90R / Denon X6400H / Polk Audio LSI 7.1.4 / Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 / Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BluRay / Xbox One X / PS4 Pro / Nintendo Switch / Custom Gaming PC / Custom VR PC / HTC Vive Pro HMD (Wireless)
post #5 of 56 Old 12-12-2019, 10:26 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 129
MS bought Ninja Theory Studio (hellblade) back in 2018.

No conspiracy there
post #6 of 56 Old 12-13-2019, 06:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 726 Post(s)
Liked: 962
I am ready for CES to see what tv is going to attach to this system. I know that the LG Oled's have HDMI 2.1 for all ports. I am seriously thinking about the C9 77in.

The 5.0 is here
post #7 of 56 Old 12-13-2019, 06:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 802 Post(s)
Liked: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillaz View Post
I don't see how this thing could possibly be rack mountable OOTB.
Dimensions:
1 controller wide and 3 controllers tall.

https://twitter.com/Life_is_Xbox/sta...y67sBoO0a0tPmk

What I found interesting from this link was this tidbit:
-suspend and resume multiple games at once

I love that idea... It will be nice to have a couple different genre of games going at one time. One MP game with friends and a SP for myself
FizzydizzyJF69 likes this.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #8 of 56 Old 12-13-2019, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 65
It can be mounted vertically or horizontally. I kind of like it vertical but yeah entertainment stands wont like these.

Gamertag: Quicksilver1663
post #9 of 56 Old 12-13-2019, 08:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolshark69 View Post
It can be mounted vertically or horizontally. I kind of like it vertical but yeah entertainment stands wont like these.
I still like the look of it. I almost hope it's modular as well (we can wish right). I'm pretty positive it's going to work for my cabinet vertically, if not I'll make it work!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Poolshark69 and barrelbelly like this.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #10 of 56 Old 12-13-2019, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Seems like there is still a slot for the BluRay drive, I like that.

Envoyé de mon LYA-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk
post #11 of 56 Old 12-13-2019, 09:11 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 21
So rumor on the streets for awhile is the X will be able to play series X games for awhile. A sort of cross gen gap. Also S will be dropped completely by next holiday and the X will have a per decrease in price to $250.
post #12 of 56 Old 12-13-2019, 09:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clesarie View Post
So rumor on the streets for awhile is the X will be able to play series X games for awhile. A sort of cross gen gap. Also S will be dropped completely by next holiday and the X will have a per decrease in price to $250.
I would think it will play for a lot longer just at much lower graphical settings.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #13 of 56 Old 12-13-2019, 09:27 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I'm excited for next gen and hope most games will be able to perform at 4K 60fps on both the Xbox Series X and PS5. I'm quickly losing interest in Xbox exclusives though so I'm not sure if I'll be getting the new Xbox. Those who still love their Halo's, Gears, and Forza's (Horizon is my only real love of the Xbox) will definitely be into the Xbox Series X. I'm going to wait and see if any exclusive content could potentially sway my decision.
post #14 of 56 Old 12-13-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piker84 View Post
I'm excited for next gen and hope most games will be able to perform at 4K 60fps on both the Xbox Series X and PS5. I'm quickly losing interest in Xbox exclusives though so I'm not sure if I'll be getting the new Xbox. Those who still love their Halo's, Gears, and Forza's (Horizon is my only real love of the Xbox) will definitely be into the Xbox Series X. I'm going to wait and see if any exclusive content could potentially sway my decision.
You give me Horizon Hong Kong or Tokyo and i'll buy it right now no matter the cost. Granted people have wanted this since Horizon 1.
post #15 of 56 Old 12-13-2019, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clesarie View Post
You give me Horizon Hong Kong or Tokyo and i'll buy it right now no matter the cost. Granted people have wanted this since Horizon 1.

Tokyo at night seems like it'd be a fantastic way to show off 4K/HDR, just as mass adoption of that tech is taking place (if it hasn't already... couldn't even buy a 1080p TV this past Black Friday). And the Horizon series hasn't been in that part of the world yet. I think you're on to something.

Here's hoping that the Series X will run the same operating system as the One X (and by that I mean: Game Sharing via the My Home Xbox "trick" had better continue...)

Pioneer SC-LX801 | Xbox One X | Rega P3 Turntable | Anthony Gallo Reference 3.1 L/R, Reference Strada C | RSL CG3 surrounds | 4x RSL C34E Atmos in-ceilings | HSU VTF-3 MK5 subwoofer | Panasonic PT-AE3000U projector | Elite Screens 120" drop-down | Pioneer Kuro KRP-500m
post #16 of 56 Old 12-13-2019, 01:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver-eye View Post
MS bought Ninja Theory Studio (hellblade) back in 2018.

No conspiracy there
Thanks. Completely forgot about that. (Maybe MS can convince them to make Heavenly Sword 2).

About Xbox exclusives, factor in that probably KB/Mouse support will increase, so include PC games as well (Age of Empires, Flight Simulator etc that will be playable on the Xbox). Similarly cross play with PC at the very minimum will be perhaps more seem less on the Xbox console. Games like Warframe, Path of Exile, etc, that have different servers for each platform, could theoretically have the same platform for Xbox/PC thus significantly increasing the overall user base.

Xbox and PS3 Gamertag = Xerostomia
Wii = I'm too lazy to get the number
post #17 of 56 Old 12-13-2019, 05:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 64
I don't care if it looks like an air purifier or not, as long as it can deliver The Golf Club 2021 in ray traced, 4K HDR glory at 60 FPS, or higher, I'll be content! There's no reason this beast shouldn't be able to deliver ALL games at 4K, at least 60 FPS, or higher! Add to that the negligible load times of an NVMe 2.0 SSD, and we are looking at a major leap in technology!
mboojigga likes this.

"If the amount of views was how we judged the quality of a thread, then all we would have is a bunch of trolling fanboy threads."... Kysersose
post #18 of 56 Old 12-14-2019, 10:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1881 Post(s)
Liked: 4112
Day 1 purchase - don't even have to think about it.
post #19 of 56 Old 12-14-2019, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
Same, curious what the price will be

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #20 of 56 Old 12-14-2019, 10:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
Quote:
Same, curious what the price will be
My guess is $499.

But Sony could undercut them, causing a price war. Yet MS seems to not be as concerned with hardware outselling the competition as they were previously.
post #21 of 56 Old 12-15-2019, 09:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
My guess is $499.

But Sony could undercut them, causing a price war. Yet MS seems to not be as concerned with hardware outselling the competition as they were previously.
No way Sony undercuts. If anything MS will undercut. MS has the pockets to do so. Hell they could price it lower than $150 and make it up game pass subscriptions

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #22 of 56 Old 12-16-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
No way Sony undercuts. If anything MS will undercut. MS has the pockets to do so. Hell they could price it lower than $150 and make it up game pass subscriptions

If it was me i'd sell the systems for $150 and 3 years at 20 a month gamepass and 1 month of live free. Gotta get people hooked.
post #23 of 56 Old 12-17-2019, 06:01 AM

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Coming from Xbox One X where 4K gaming at 60 FPS was heavily advertised. Promises of all the HDMI 2.1 advantages for future devices that would benefit players. With the Series X they seem to be repeating the same words and I'm just no falling for it.
post #24 of 56 Old 12-17-2019, 06:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 726 Post(s)
Liked: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by highd3f View Post
Coming from Xbox One X where 4K gaming at 60 FPS was heavily advertised. Promises of all the HDMI 2.1 advantages for future devices that would benefit players. With the Series X they seem to be repeating the same words and I'm just no falling for it.
First of all they along with Sony never claimed [email protected] for the X1X or Pro. They claimed 4K. You can complain about the methods of how they got 4K to work with some games but no one made claim your getting [email protected] for every game. With that said specs alone shouldn’t warrant this complaint of what might be achievable compared to previous hardware specs that were upgraded from 2013. We will see next year and go from there.
DaverJ, spid and barrelbelly like this.

The 5.0 is here
post #25 of 56 Old 12-17-2019, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Some clarification about the name.

"The name we're carrying forward to the next generation is simply Xbox," a Microsoft representative told Business Insider. "And at The Game Awards you saw that name come to life through the Xbox Series X."
Like the first Xbox generation, the next one is simply named "Xbox."

It's a basic rebranding, but a meaningful one that could help to simplify the Xbox line for interested consumers. It also clarifies Microsoft's intention with its console line.

https://www.businessinsider.com/micr...orward-2019-12
post #26 of 56 Old 12-17-2019, 08:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 977 Post(s)
Liked: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post
Some clarification about the name.

"The name we're carrying forward to the next generation is simply Xbox," a Microsoft representative told Business Insider. "And at The Game Awards you saw that name come to life through the Xbox Series X."
Like the first Xbox generation, the next one is simply named "Xbox."

It's a basic rebranding, but a meaningful one that could help to simplify the Xbox line for interested consumers. It also clarifies Microsoft's intention with its console line.

https://www.businessinsider.com/micr...orward-2019-12
Its obvious they are already planning future models.........which is really nothing new.....but I wonder if putting the "idea" of future (most likely more powerful) models in peoples heads this soon before initial launch is such a good idea.
post #27 of 56 Old 12-17-2019, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

I think the more likely scenario according to the rumors is that Microsoft is preparing a lower powered console to launch alongside the Series X for a cheaper price.
post #28 of 56 Old 12-17-2019, 10:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I think the more likely scenario according to the rumors is that Microsoft is preparing a lower powered console to launch alongside the Series X for a cheaper price.

Interesting. Would this other console be a lower-cost revision of the current X model to replace it?
post #29 of 56 Old 12-17-2019, 11:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 977 Post(s)
Liked: 666
Quote:
Perhaps....but since when does a console generation release the more powerful/better version first?

That said...i diskless version would be a option I would wait for.
post #30 of 56 Old 12-17-2019, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

All of this is rumor, but it would be based on same chipset as the Series X just lowered power.

The next-gen Lockhart console would be the affordable SKU, providing the next-gen Xbox experience in a package potentially around as powerful as the current Xbox One X hardware-wise, with refinements under the hood. The Anaconda console will be more powerful and more expensive, providing a cutting-edge console gaming experience. We'd also heard Microsoft is exploring technology to dramatically reduce loading times, potentially including SSD storage in the package, which now turns out to be true.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-scarlett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page