post #5101 of 8210 Old 01-02-2015, 06:33 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post
Also...I would like to get a raid group together for Crota. To practice everything 100% legitimate. No cheesing involved.
I am definitely interested.

Would like to get some VOG runs in too. Normal or hard if anyone has space.

Our Old Space
New House
PSN: brotj7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5102 of 8210 Old 01-02-2015, 06:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Xur's inventory is very unique this weekend. The items are interesting, but I don't see myself ever using them over the things I already have. The titan boots seem interesting, but would I ever use them over Ruin Wings, Armamentarium, or Helm of Inmost Light? Then, nothing beats the helms for the hunters so any other armor is just useless. Then they release another chest piece catered to warlocks, but it's not equal to Heart of Praxic Fire, so why? This week's engram is for gloves, another meh, and the weapon is Dragon's Breath, again another meh. Why would I want Dragon's Breath over Gjallarhorn, Hunger of Crota, Truth, or even Hezen Vengeance? I'd maybe use it if I got it in the wild, but I don't know if I'd blow coins on it.

One other interesting note, Bungie is trolling those that didn't buy the DLC again. All of the items are only available if you have purchased The Dark Below.

Last edited by jsacevedo; 01-02-2015 at 07:00 AM.
post #5103 of 8210 Old 01-02-2015, 07:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Liked: 610
Quote:
And I thought I was gonna be short a little
Is that belt for Think Pink Breast Cancer Awareness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsacevedo View Post
Xur's inventory is very unique this weekend. The items are interesting, but I don't see myself ever using them over the things I already have. The titan boots seem interesting, but would I ever use them over Ruin Wings, Armamentarium, or Helm of Inmost Light? Then, nothing beats the helms for the hunters so any other armor is just useless. Then they release another chest piece catered to warlocks, but it's not equal to Heart of Praxic Fire, so why? This week's engram is for gloves, another meh, and the weapon is Dragon's Breath, again another meh. Why would I want Dragon's Breath over Gjallarhorn, Hunger of Crota, Truth, or even Hezen Vengeance? I'd maybe use it if I got it in the wild, but I don't know if I'd blow coins on it.

One other interesting note, Bungie is trolling those that didn't buy the DLC again. All of the items are only available if you have purchased The Dark Below.
Are you sure about the DLC part? I thought the weapons were open to all regardless of DLC. But then, they all do have the the triangle "I" in it.

And I agree on the "using them over the things I already have." I've been thinking about this the last few days. Yeah, I have 100 weapons in Battlefield 4 I never use but I guess I'm supposed to have available for fun, but here...?
The content I play is so hard I want to run with what I'm good with, or the most beneficial weapons (which is about 5 total). When the frack will I play with this unmaxed Hard Light I have just for the heck of it? It's not upgraded and would take a month or 2 of casual usage to upgrade.

I'm trying to ween myself from the grind/chore mindset of the game and play more casually, but I don't understand how else it can be played. I mean really.
I can see why players moved on. But the game plays so smoothly (minus 60fps) that it's hard to put down.

"...so you spent the last 2 week turning the game into a chore so you can play less?" - Destiny in one sentence.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5104 of 8210 Old 01-02-2015, 08:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:

I agree. Very underwhelming week. Don't Touch Me might be situationally useful/entertaining, but as you say, probably not worth displacing the helmet slot. Dragon's Breath. I still want to see the solar flare thing in action, but I'm not going to take up an exotic slot for it. So, I'm sticking with machine guns and Hezen for now.
post #5105 of 8210 Old 01-02-2015, 08:21 AM
Advanced Member

Not sure if I've read this in this thread or not: Does everyone know not to upgrade the Hive Disrupter perk on their Black Hammers?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG..._black_hammer/
post #5106 of 8210 Old 01-02-2015, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Am I the only one still working his way up in this? Still trying to figure out the game but now sitting at lvl 16 after having it for 4 days. It is a bit addictive.

PSN (PS3/4) - Campy04
post #5107 of 8210 Old 01-02-2015, 08:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolowizard View Post
Not sure if I've read this in this thread or not: Does everyone know not to upgrade the Hive Disrupter perk on their Black Hammers?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG..._black_hammer/
Thanks for the reminder PSA wolo.

I would add my own two-cents:
In 8-12 hours of using Black Hammer, I have maybe used the White Nails perk once. It's like 3 consecutive shots is pretty much impossible for me. The recoil is so severe I can't get it down in time and end up hitting body shots on moving enemies.
I wish I hadn't dismantled the second Black Hammer, then I would have kept one with each perk.
That being said, at this point I think I'll skip White Nails (refill magazine after 3 consecutive precision shots) and go with Hive Disruptor. Why would I avoid extra Hive damage because sometimes I might just possibly maybe get 3 consecutive precision shots.

I even thought I could use White Nails on the Nexus like the first video I saw, but in the weekly heroic, I ended up nearly dying everytime I was about to fire the 3rd shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hearzy View Post
Am I the only one still working his way up in this? Still trying to figure out the game but now sitting at lvl 16 after having it for 4 days. It is a bit addictive.
Most here are Lvl 29+ because most started and got addicted on day 1.
You can find plenty of people your level though, some are new and some just started new characters.

I'm actually about to start a Warlock fresh just for fun and to get the trophy for leveling up all 3 classes. I decided to not do the grind fest to keep my Hunter playable on the raid. Sure I don't mind playing for gear, but hell no I'm not farming materials anymore.

post #5108 of 8210 Old 01-02-2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
Thanks for the reminder PSA wolo.

Most here are Lvl 29+ because most started and got addicted on day 1.
You can find plenty of people your level though, some are new and some just started new characters.

I'm actually about to start a Warlock fresh just for fun and to get the trophy for leveling up all 3 classes. I decided to not do the grind fest to keep my Hunter playable on the raid. Sure I don't mind playing for gear, but hell no I'm not farming materials anymore.
I feel like I am missing something in this game and only doing part of it. Keep reading about shards - pick them up from time to time, but what are they for? Do you spend them or something?

All I do is run around on the missions and sometimes on Earth Patrol for the bounties. Seems like a major grind fest to get to lvl 30.

Either way, it is kind of fun. From what I have been told, it gets much better when you get into the mid 20's to play.

Should I even bother doing the missions or just keep going for bounties to rank up faster?

PSN (PS3/4) - Campy04
post #5109 of 8210 Old 01-02-2015, 09:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I feel like I am missing something in this game and only doing part of it. Keep reading about shards - pick them up from time to time, but what are they for? Do you spend them or something?

All I do is run around on the missions and sometimes on Earth Patrol for the bounties. Seems like a major grind fest to get to lvl 30.

Either way, it is kind of fun. From what I have been told, it gets much better when you get into the mid 20's to play.

Should I even bother doing the missions or just keep going for bounties to rank up faster?
Ascendant/Radiant Shards and Ascendant/Radiant Energies are for post Level 20 stuff. Keep everything material wise, you can dismantle armor and weapons you don't like.
I don't know how you finished the story line (while doing bounties) and didn't get to at least level 19. Last time I ranked up a new character I was level 20 right as I opened up Mars.

When you get to 20, upgrading your level doesn't go by points.

post #5110 of 8210 Old 01-02-2015, 09:11 AM

I haven't even started Venus yet. Think I have a ways to go to complete the story mode.

PSN (PS3/4) - Campy04
post #5111 of 8210 Old 01-02-2015, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I would add my own two-cents:
In 8-12 hours of using Black Hammer, I have maybe used the White Nails perk once. It's like 3 consecutive shots is pretty much impossible for me. The recoil is so severe I can't get it down in time and end up hitting body shots on moving enemies.
I wish I hadn't dismantled the second Black Hammer, then I would have kept one with each perk.
That being said, at this point I think I'll skip White Nails (refill magazine after 3 consecutive precision shots) and go with Hive Disruptor. Why would I avoid extra Hive damage because sometimes I might just possibly maybe get 3 consecutive precision shots.

I even thought I could use White Nails on the Nexus like the first video I saw, but in the weekly heroic, I ended up nearly dying everytime I was about to fire the 3rd shot.

Same here. Most stuff dies too fast, moves too much, or kills you if you're staying still long enough for White Nails to activate. The only place it's really shined for me so far is on Fallen Walker public events. So I guess it will be nice the next time the NF is the Devil Walker and has solar burn. lol. And that clip size of three is pretty rough if you're not activating White Nails every once in a while. Which means Icebreaker is still my main sniper and I keep Black Hammer around for rare situational use.
post #5112 of 8210 Old 01-02-2015, 10:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Once you hit 20, you level up by upgrading your gear (light level), not from your character gaining experience. So you really want to be working hard on your Vanguard rep, so you can start buying legendary gear as quickly after 20 as possible. Also at 20, you'll probably start running a lot more of the Weekly Strike and Vanguard Strike Playlists for more shots at gear drops. So yes, the whole game is based on being "grindy". But, the nice thing about 20+ is you can start getting legendary (purple) drops/engrams and a lot of the "leveling" process can be sped along with lucky drops. And if you've been diligent about working on Vanguard rep that also helps a ton - a few pieces of Vanguard armor can shoot you straight to 25'ish. Add in a piece of exotic armor from Xur (13 strange coins) and you'll be 27-28 in no time.

Story missions vs bounties. Really, I think it's best to combine the two. I do think that bounties are more important (Vanguard rep), but so much of it coincides that you can complete bounties while you're progressing the story missions. The biggest thing about completing the story missions is having easy access to all the locations/stories for bounties, dailies, resource gathering, etc.
post #5113 of 8210 Old 01-02-2015, 11:11 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Did they finally "fix" that for armor? I asked a group the other night and didn't get a clear answer. It used to only work for weapons.
Hmmm...I just discarded one myself last night and didn't even pay attention. =P I don't know now.
post #5114 of 8210 Old 01-02-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Once you hit 20, you level up by upgrading your gear (light level), not from your character gaining experience. So you really want to be working hard on your Vanguard rep, so you can start buying legendary gear as quickly after 20 as possible. Also at 20, you'll probably start running a lot more of the Weekly Strike and Vanguard Strike Playlists for more shots at gear drops. So yes, the whole game is based on being "grindy". But, the nice thing about 20+ is you can start getting legendary (purple) drops/engrams and a lot of the "leveling" process can be sped along with lucky drops. And if you've been diligent about working on Vanguard rep that also helps a ton - a few pieces of Vanguard armor can shoot you straight to 25'ish. Add in a piece of exotic armor from Xur (13 strange coins) and you'll be 27-28 in no time.

Story missions vs bounties. Really, I think it's best to combine the two. I do think that bounties are more important (Vanguard rep), but so much of it coincides that you can complete bounties while you're progressing the story missions. The biggest thing about completing the story missions is having easy access to all the locations/stories for bounties, dailies, resource gathering, etc.

Should I be keeping the things I pick up? Most of my weapons and armour that I am not using I am just selling (dismantle)

Guess I could make use of the vault if it is going to benefit me in the next little while.

PSN (PS3/4) - Campy04
post #5115 of 8210 Old 01-02-2015, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 125
So after my venting on this thread, I actually got 3 shards yesterday! Only 2 more to go before I have a chance to make level 28. I think all my armor is Legendary. Just got my first legendary weapon yesterday too! Praise RNGesus and his non-random seed!

Oh, I think I'm ready for my first raid.

Warning: I make a lot of mistakes but occasionally I learn from them!
post #5116 of 8210 Old 01-02-2015, 09:58 PM
Advanced Member

So I have been hoping that with all the new Xmas PS4 Destiny players, someone out there would've gone with a PSN ID of Crota or Aetheon or something. This way when they are on the map, a notice will pop out in the corner alerting players "Crota is near" or "Aetheon is near". Or "Crota has picked up the sword" or "Aetheon has picked up the relic". Oh no! OK, that's all.
post #5117 of 8210 Old 01-03-2015, 12:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2027 Post(s)
Liked: 996
So my Warlock has gone from lvl 7 to 27 in two sessions. Mostly today. Massive shout out to Ice for pulling me through hard levels. I wish I would have saved all non Titan gear from the past, oh well...

So I need to run another NF/Weekly. I plan on just running my 32 Titan then switching out at last minute. I am planning on running through them Tomm Eve so if anyone wants to help me knock them out that be sweet

Also Ice and I were planning on a Sunday evening Crota (all drops) run. So if anyone needs them plan on joining us Sunday afternoon/evening. Or we may be soliciting a Crota team.
post #5118 of 8210 Old 01-03-2015, 12:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2027 Post(s)
Liked: 996
Another legendary Engram today. Was a heavy so I was really excited (Gjallahorn) but it turned into Solar MG18 MG. Anyone have this gun yet? How is it?
post #5119 of 8210 Old 01-03-2015, 06:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mmm, third Hawkmoon...right after one to 2.0

-Crav

post #5120 of 8210 Old 01-03-2015, 07:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
So my Warlock has gone from lvl 7 to 27 in two sessions. Mostly today. Massive shout out to Ice for pulling me through hard levels. I wish I would have saved all non Titan gear from the past, oh well...

So I need to run another NF/Weekly. I plan on just running my 32 Titan then switching out at last minute. I am planning on running through them Tomm Eve so if anyone wants to help me knock them out that be sweet

Also Ice and I were planning on a Sunday evening Crota (all drops) run. So if anyone needs them plan on joining us Sunday afternoon/evening. Or we may be soliciting a Crota team.
I need the NF this week. Will be on tonight.
post #5121 of 8210 Old 01-03-2015, 07:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Mmm, third Hawkmoon...right after one to 2.0
Oh, will you just stop it! The RNG in this game is so dumb. It's like it sees that you have something, then just pours it on. Oh, you have an Ice Breaker, well here's another!
post #5122 of 8210 Old 01-03-2015, 07:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Claws of Ahamkara (double melee attack) + Monte Carlo (melee cooldown with a chance to completely recharge a melee upon kill) = constant overshield on CQ maps.

Your mom is a classy lady!

Tom's Book Blog

PSN: Macello / Xbox: Macello
post #5123 of 8210 Old 01-03-2015, 09:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 415
^^ you let a HUNTER shotgun you?!?!

ugh (j/k)

warlock melee, still needs nerfing.

PSN/XBL/Steam/Etc: Epyon415
Twitter: @roguengames
YouTube Gameplay Video
post #5124 of 8210 Old 01-03-2015, 10:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 415
Quote:

hold the cheese? If so I'll be there if you give me a time frame. I'd love to run another NF w/you, but I wont be online till probably 10pm PST.

PSN/XBL/Steam/Etc: Epyon415
Twitter: @roguengames
YouTube Gameplay Video
post #5125 of 8210 Old 01-03-2015, 10:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post
Claws of Ahamkara (double melee attack) + Monte Carlo (melee cooldown with a chance to completely recharge a melee upon kill) = constant overshield on CQ maps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH-q...8O5rHBSd3tF0sw
Oooh..what if my titan had double grenade aaanndd double melee? That would make me happy.

Quote:

If I'm on, I'll help with NF/Weekly. I'll also join on Sunday. Just give a time if possible.
post #5126 of 8210 Old 01-03-2015, 11:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Oh, will you just stop it! The RNG in this game is so dumb. It's like it sees that you have something, then just pours it on. Oh, you have an Ice Breaker, well here's another!
I'm sorry what? I couldn't hear you over all the exotics I keep dismantling.

For real, dual wielding will be a thing eventually, maybe in Destiny 2 the way it was introduced in Halo 2. But the Hawkmoon is just too cool looking to not be dual wielded.

post #5127 of 8210 Old 01-03-2015, 11:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm sorry what? I couldn't hear you over all the exotics I keep dismantling.
icelt and Cravit8 like this.
post #5128 of 8210 Old 01-03-2015, 11:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Both of my alts leveled quickly as well. I never broke down any of the warlock or hunter gear I received as a titan, and they leveled very quickly.

Can you save a Crota checkpoint from tomorrow evening? I won't be able to play tomorrow until after 10 central so I may miss you guys tomorrow. I still need to finish Crota with my titan and hunter. Hopefully, my hunter can get a chest piece; then he'd be only time, shards, and sapphire wire from being 32. The warlock needs arms and a helm.

For others who have one of each type, do you find yourself running out of upgrade materials often? I'm always low on plasteel plating, sapphire wire, and hadronic essence.
post #5129 of 8210 Old 01-03-2015, 05:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked: 169
I still have Crota and hard gorgon checkpoints for anyone who needs them.
post #5130 of 8210 Old 01-03-2015, 07:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post
I still have Crota and hard gorgon checkpoints for anyone who needs them.

Holla!

-Crav

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Destiny

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page