PlayStation 4 - Page 559 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1455Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #16741 of 21096 Old 06-12-2014, 12:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 5,503
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1176 Post(s)
Liked: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
On the plus side, Tapatalk seems better and can thumbs up/like or whatever so this ain't bad.

Serious side question: WiiU or xbone? Seriously considering getting one of them. Starfox got me moist on the Nintendo side and Crackdown on bone side. I have no idea what else the WiiU has which may already be my answer but both games are 2015 anyway. My PS3 is collecting dust as is my vita so I'm thinking about trading both off. The Vita will be replaced by the VTV when it hits so no worry there. I'm really thinking the xbone just for TF and maybe Dead Rising. My mind changes easily though so this may blow over by lunchtime. May end up just trading the old consoles and buying a bunch of preorders up.

Right now? toss up. I am having fun with MK8. Come fall and I think the XBone will have the better exclusives. I picked up the Wii U for MK8 but also knowing that my daughter would enjoy Disney Infinity. If it wasn't for that then I would of never picked it up for just MK8.

Xb1 does have TF (mentioned cuz you did), DR3 I was 50/50 on it, Ryse was a good game and I think you would enjoy it and you forgot the best one of them all.......PvZ Garden Warfare. I know PS4 is getting it but you can play it now.


I think at the end of things you should take look at all the exclusives for the next year and decide from that. You know Crackdown co-op could be fun.

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - https://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
emartins is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #16742 of 21096 Old 06-12-2014, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rolltide1017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 3,461
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Liked: 491
I just voted in GAF's Best of E3 thread (my first GAF post after being a member for months) and here is my top ten games of E3:

1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
2. Rainbow Six: Siege
3. No Man's Sky
4. Batman: Arkham Knight
5. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
6. Far Cry 4
7. The Division
8. Dragon Age: Inquisition
9. Assassin's Creed: Unity
10. The Golf Club

The Witcher 3 just looks so gorgeous and I can't wait to play it but, the other Witcher games just didn't hold my interest real good, I've been more of an Elder Scrolls guy. I'll give it a shot just because of how great it looks. Rainbow Six was the surprise of the show for me, it looks like a lot of fun and the graphics and physics are amazing. If No Man's Sky is what the devs say it is, infinite number of worlds to discover, then that game is going to be sweet. If it ends up being the same/similar looking species and items on every planet with just different names then it will be boring. I have not been a huge Arkham series fan because I'm not a fan of button mashing/button combo fighting games but, the Batmobile elements look like a lot of fun and I'll have to give it a shot. I had to throw The Golf Club into my top ten because I'm a huge golf game fan and it is being built for the sim golf lover like myself; it also has a great looking course creator, a first for console golf games!

Evolve and Alien: Isolation are 2 others I'm keeping an eye on but, I just couldn't find a spot for them in my top 10.

So, speak up, what has peaked your interest from E3, anything that wasn't on your radar before?

PSN ID: CrimsonNagus
XBL GT: Crimson Nagus
rolltide1017 is offline  
post #16743 of 21096 Old 06-12-2014, 01:06 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 11,637
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 915 Post(s)
Liked: 1708
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post
I just voted in GAF's Best of E3 thread (my first GAF post after being a member for months) and here is my top ten games of E3:

1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
2. Rainbow Six: Siege
3. No Man's Sky
4. Batman: Arkham Knight
5. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
6. Far Cry 4
7. The Division
8. Dragon Age: Inquisition
9. Assassin's Creed: Unity
10. The Golf Club

The Witcher 3 just looks so gorgeous and I can't wait to play it but, the other Witcher games just didn't hold my interest real good, I've been more of an Elder Scrolls guy. I'll give it a shot just because of how great it looks. Rainbow Six was the surprise of the show for me, it looks like a lot of fun and the graphics and physics are amazing. If No Man's Sky is what the devs say it is, infinite number of worlds to discover, then that game is going to be sweet. If it ends up being the same/similar looking species and items on every planet with just different names then it will be boring. I have not been a huge Arkham series fan because I'm not a fan of button mashing/button combo fighting games but, the Batmobile elements look like a lot of fun and I'll have to give it a shot. I had to throw The Golf Club into my top ten because I'm a huge golf game fan and it is being built for the sim golf lover like myself; it also has a great looking course creator, a first for console golf games!

Evolve and Alien: Isolation are 2 others I'm keeping an eye on but, I just couldn't find a spot for them in my top 10.

So, speak up, what has peaked your interest from E3, anything that wasn't on your radar before?
E3 changed pretty much nothing for me this year. Everything good was announced beforehand, but at least as far as AAA games go, I've never been more ambivalent about upcoming releases in my entire life.
bd2003 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #16744 of 21096 Old 06-12-2014, 01:15 PM
Yrd
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Yrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Elkton, MD
Posts: 4,097
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Liked: 534
I think the Order was raised a little for me. I liked the atmosphere, but the gameplay I think is where it's going to suffer. They were making fun of it on the gamespot after show. It looked a lot like a rail shooter in that sequence, with a totally useless bit of quick time event. Is this thing considered steam punk? They had futuristic weapons, radio technology with LED lights and whatnot, and a candle for a flashlight. Plenty here to make fun of, but just the extreme movie like atmosphere and realism was what got me. There's still a lot to go to convince me, which I don't think will happen, but at least I'm interested now.


Dragon Age, looked very cartoony in it's animations. I hope that game is more DA1 than DA2.

Technically No Mans Sky seems great, I'm just not all that interested. I don't know why, everyone else seem to be gushing all over it. I can definitely respect the tiny team and the game they are building, I just don't know if it's something I want to play.

The Witcher and The Division are still tops for me. Bloodborne too, though they didn't show anything.

Dead Island 2 better be decent. That movie is just about the best CGI game ad I've ever seen. I want an entire movie made by this Ad agency, whoever it is. BICEP IMPLANTS! How can you not like that?

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

Yrd is offline  
post #16745 of 21096 Old 06-12-2014, 01:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
freemeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,433
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 765
These four for non-Sony games.
Zelda Wii U looks very good, if that is indeed how it will look in the game.
Mario Maker, a lot of potential if they have solid tools.
Forza Horizons 2 looks fun being able to drive through empty fields and things like that.
Ori and the Blind Forest, I hope it makes its way to the PS4 one day:

ABZU looks very cool: trailer here:

Bloodborne Looks fantastic

Drive Club has my full attention now, simply amazing looking. I wasn't too interested initially but the more I watch the more I want it.

GTA V, I really don't like the melee/shooting mechanics (Watch Dogs has far better gameplay) but it is sure as hell going to be a looker. I may still buy it for the driving and the large world.

Assassin Creed: Unity looks very impressive visually. I hope the gameplay is improved from Black Flag (enjoyable game but could use better fighting mechanics).

I'd say Tomb Raider II but they didn't show gameplay.
freemeat is offline  
post #16746 of 21096 Old 06-12-2014, 01:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Anthony1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Posts: 6,710
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 604 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
The most used feature by me on the AVS site is now completely gone...
W.T.H.

3 clicks to get to subscriptions page, that doens't take me to MY last read post in a thread.
I'm about to disavow the site completely but I like some of you guys too much.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the redesign so far. I used to be able to highlight my user name with the cursor, and be able to click on "my posts", and be able to quickly look and see if there are any discussions ongoing that I'm involved in.

Seems like now I have to clumsily search around to try to find anything.
Anthony1 is offline  
post #16747 of 21096 Old 06-12-2014, 01:38 PM
Yrd
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Yrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Elkton, MD
Posts: 4,097
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Liked: 534
I didn't read the entire "what's old is new" thread, but apparently there are some good things that many people wanted back. Me not being one of them. I remember when we got the last change over, it was jarring, but I remember seeing so many good things about it, I never had a complaint. Now all I have is complaints about this change.

Do not want.


I've never used the subscription options before. I would just go to the main, PS4 forum and peruse the threads and see what was posted new, when it was posted and by who. Click the little envelope next to the title and it would take me to the last post I read. It would work for any thread I ever visited. I'm not sure the little caret ^ works for threads you don't subscribe to.

I didn't want to subscribe to every single thread, I just wanted to look through the threads and see if there was anything that was interesting.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

Yrd is offline  
post #16748 of 21096 Old 06-12-2014, 01:39 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 11,637
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 915 Post(s)
Liked: 1708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
I think the Order was raised a little for me. I liked the atmosphere, but the gameplay I think is where it's going to suffer. They were making fun of it on the gamespot after show. It looked a lot like a rail shooter in that sequence, with a totally useless bit of quick time event. Is this thing considered steam punk? They had futuristic weapons, radio technology with LED lights and whatnot, and a candle for a flashlight. Plenty here to make fun of, but just the extreme movie like atmosphere and realism was what got me. There's still a lot to go to convince me, which I don't think will happen, but at least I'm interested now.


Dragon Age, looked very cartoony in it's animations. I hope that game is more DA1 than DA2.

Technically No Mans Sky seems great, I'm just not all that interested. I don't know why, everyone else seem to be gushing all over it. I can definitely respect the tiny team and the game they are building, I just don't know if it's something I want to play.

The Witcher and The Division are still tops for me. Bloodborne too, though they didn't show anything.

Dead Island 2 better be decent. That movie is just about the best CGI game ad I've ever seen. I want an entire movie made by this Ad agency, whoever it is. BICEP IMPLANTS! How can you not like that?
Even rail shooter sounds generous, it looked more like you hardly play the game at all.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is offline  
post #16749 of 21096 Old 06-12-2014, 03:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tfoltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,594
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
So what's cool WiiU side? No sub fee I think and cheaper box. What games are out? I'm so far behind on it its not even funny. Sorry for the OT but I know many here have each and are more enlightened back to PS4 talk.
Mario Kart
Zelda Wind Waker HD
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
New Super Mario Bros. U/New Luigi Mario Bros. U
Super Mario 3D World
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
Upcoming: Smash Bros. and everything mentioned at E3 (Zelda, Bayonetta, Star Fox, Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker, Splatoon, etc.).

I've had the Wii U for a few weeks and am smitten. The gamepad is really awesome since you can play a game/stream video on the gamepad while someone else uses the TV, though the battery life is as bad as the PS4 controller.

On topic: Bloodborne appears to be too dark/graphic for me. It's a shame since I love the souls games so much. Those felt more fantasy/adventure and Bloodborne appears as more horror.

Last edited by tfoltz; 06-12-2014 at 03:24 PM.
tfoltz is offline  
post #16750 of 21096 Old 06-12-2014, 03:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,252
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Liked: 929
The only non Sony exclusive games that caught my eye at this E3 was Starfox and Crackdown. That's it. Sunset Overdrive looks like a cheap, neon Dead Rising ripoff but to be fair I've only poked around a small bit. Seems that the Xbox is all in on Halo and that's about it as far as I can tell and that's a series I just don't care about that much. I'm definitely trading some stuff off, I just don't know what for. I'm really leaning to just do some digital preorders on Destiny and Bloodborne or something like that. I really wish I could preorder Morpheus or the VTV.
lordxar5 is offline  
post #16751 of 21096 Old 06-12-2014, 04:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cravit8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,123
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Liked: 610
How long is the Destiny alpha running?
Cravit8 is offline  
post #16752 of 21096 Old 06-12-2014, 05:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Epyon415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,034
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
How long is the Destiny alpha running?
Till Monday IIRC. Still waiting for a code..damn Sony and their false state of "every" PS4 owner gets to play.

---E3 titles---
No Mans Sky
R6: Siege
The Witcher 3...this more so because hopefully CD Projekt Red will now focus on/reveal more about Cyberpunk 2077
(sadly) AC: Unity has be excited...damnit, one day I'll stop buying the games, i swear...

I'd include the Division in here, but I know what we saw will not be delivered. Just way too good to be true at this stage I think.

I wish MS had shown more X1 exclusives that peaked my interest. June 9th was supposed to be my X1 purchase date, but now it's looking like Oct-Nov

Oh well, PC gaming can fill in the "gap"

PSN/XBL/Steam/Etc: Epyon415
Twitter: @roguengames
YouTube Gameplay Video
Epyon415 is offline  
post #16753 of 21096 Old 06-12-2014, 06:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rolltide1017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 3,461
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Liked: 491
I got both my Hardline beta and Destiny alpha codes a few hours ago.
rolltide1017 is offline  
post #16754 of 21096 Old 06-12-2014, 08:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
kamouflage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mesquite, TX
Posts: 650
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Decided to play some Red Dead Redemption after not playing anything on my PS3 for a long time and after seeing tons of pictures and reading about next gen games I can't stand the PS3's graphics anymore. Think I'm going to take the plunge this weekend and get a PS4, what have been you guys and gals(?) favorite games so far?

Xbox Live: PikturePerfekt
PSN: PikturePerfekt07
kamouflage is offline  
post #16755 of 21096 Old 06-12-2014, 08:54 PM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 35,951
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9309 Post(s)
Liked: 5996
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
The only non Sony exclusive games that caught my eye at this E3 was Starfox and Crackdown. That's it. Sunset Overdrive looks like a cheap, neon Dead Rising ripoff but to be fair I've only poked around a small bit. Seems that the Xbox is all in on Halo and that's about it as far as I can tell and that's a series I just don't care about that much. I'm definitely trading some stuff off, I just don't know what for. I'm really leaning to just do some digital preorders on Destiny and Bloodborne or something like that. I really wish I could preorder Morpheus or the VTV.
Starfox? Is new game coming out? That was one of my favorite games on the old Nintendo systems. Is that coming to the PS4 or is it a WiiU title?

53TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
post #16756 of 21096 Old 06-12-2014, 09:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
kamouflage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mesquite, TX
Posts: 650
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Starfox? Is new game coming out? That was one of my favorite games on the old Nintendo systems. Is that coming to the PS4 or is it a WiiU title?
Wii U

Xbox Live: PikturePerfekt
PSN: PikturePerfekt07
kamouflage is offline  
post #16757 of 21096 Old 06-12-2014, 09:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Epyon415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,034
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamouflage View Post
Decided to play some Red Dead Redemption after not playing anything on my PS3 for a long time and after seeing tons of pictures and reading about next gen games I can't stand the PS3's graphics anymore. Think I'm going to take the plunge this weekend and get a PS4, what have been you guys and gals(?) favorite games so far?
Infamous Second Son was good, Killzone was pretty to look at and decent to play. The MP has probably died down, but it was def fun. Child of Light was really enjoyable for me, considering the RPG drought right now. AC4 was a lot of fun for an open-world/sandbox title.

If you trade in at Gamestop you can get up to $150 towards the PS4 (http://www.gamestop.com/collection/trade-in); if you have PS+ you can grab a few free titles (Trine 2 & Pixel Junk Shooter), if not get PS+

PSN/XBL/Steam/Etc: Epyon415
Twitter: @roguengames
YouTube Gameplay Video
Epyon415 is offline  
post #16758 of 21096 Old 06-12-2014, 09:59 PM
Advanced Member
 
kamouflage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mesquite, TX
Posts: 650
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post
Infamous Second Son was good, Killzone was pretty to look at and decent to play. The MP has probably died down, but it was def fun. Child of Light was really enjoyable for me, considering the RPG drought right now. AC4 was a lot of fun for an open-world/sandbox title.

If you trade in at Gamestop you can get up to $150 towards the PS4 (http://www.gamestop.com/collection/trade-in); if you have PS+ you can grab a few free titles (Trine 2 & Pixel Junk Shooter), if not get PS+
Thanks for the reminder about the Game stop deal and the game suggestions. May do that tomorrow during lunch. Can't pass up getting $150 for a launch ps3. And I definitely have ps+, I think it's one of the best deals around including those outside of gaming.
kamouflage is offline  
post #16759 of 21096 Old 06-12-2014, 10:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Anthony1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Posts: 6,710
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 604 Post(s)
Liked: 369
The games that impressed me most were No Man's Sky and The Division.


I worry a bit about No Man's Sky, because I wonder if it's too good to be true. I mean, the thing looks absolutely amazing, but at the same time, this is a 10 man studio, can they really pull off this huge amazing game that looks better than games made by teams of 300 people ? Seems far fetched. I know it's procedural, so it's not like they are actually doing all the work, they just write the algorythms, and then everything falls into place, but still, 10 man team ? Seems crazy that their game could potentially be more amazing than something like Destiny. Of course, Destiny is actually releasing this year, and who knows when No Man's Sky is coming out, and if it will live up to even 1/10th of it's potential.

The Division just looks so damn good to me. I hope I can play it single player somehow. I just love the detail in the world. If you look at the high res version of the e3 demo from Gamercyde, or whatever that website is called, there is DETAIL all over the bleeping place. I mean, video signs, advertisements, trash on the ground... Detail EVERYWHERE...

Those are the two games that really have me hyped, but both are far off. Uncharted 4 goes without saying, but without seeing some actual gameplay where you're moving Drake with the sticks, then I can't really comment much on Uncharted 4, other than I know it will kill everything upon release.
Anthony1 is offline  
post #16760 of 21096 Old 06-12-2014, 10:53 PM
Advanced Member
 
brwsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 777
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Sounds like Nintendo still has our attention

"1 MAN CAVE" WITH ADA-1000-4 POWERING 3 M80HP'S
SURROUNDED WITHOUT NEEDING SURROUNDS.
BASS WITHOUT NEEDING THE SUBS. LOVE HAVING OPTIONS.
brwsaw is offline  
post #16761 of 21096 Old 06-13-2014, 07:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,252
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Liked: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by brwsaw View Post
Sounds like Nintendo still has our attention
Don't think they lost it so much as turned the volume down. I was amazed at how much my interest leaped from just knowing another Starfox is coming. From flatline to raging thruster in 0.02 seconds. Mario is cool and all but not enough to warrant a whole system for me anymore. That thread about the wow moments, yea Starfox ruled! I've loved each iteration. Don't remember if I've beat any of them but their hella fun to play.

Anyway, Destiny is pretty sweet and September is a loooooong way off.
lordxar5 is offline  
post #16762 of 21096 Old 06-13-2014, 08:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rolltide1017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 3,461
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Liked: 491
I agree that some of the games Nintendo showed look good. The problem is that you have to buy a WiiU to play them and I'm not buying another Nintendo dust collector for just a few games. The WiiU is a dead console to me, it was to late to the last gen party and not powerful enough for next gen.

PSN ID: CrimsonNagus
XBL GT: Crimson Nagus
rolltide1017 is offline  
post #16763 of 21096 Old 06-13-2014, 08:17 AM
Advanced Member
 
kamouflage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mesquite, TX
Posts: 650
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post
I agree that some of the games Nintendo showed look good. The problem is that you have to buy a WiiU to play them and I'm not buying another Nintendo dust collector for just a few games. The WiiU is a dead console to me, it was to late to the last gen party and not powerful enough for next gen.
I used to agree with you until I got one*. The games I do have look incredible and everyone has a ton of fun playing it. If I was only planning on having one system I think I could live with just the Wii U since I don't play as much as I used to. Super Mario 3D World made me and my wife laugh like kids while we played it. Still going to buy a PS4 though for Sony exclusives and multi-platform games.

*Traded someone on Craigslist my 3DS XL for it.

Xbox Live: PikturePerfekt
PSN: PikturePerfekt07
kamouflage is offline  
post #16764 of 21096 Old 06-13-2014, 09:32 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 11,637
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 915 Post(s)
Liked: 1708
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamouflage View Post
I used to agree with you until I got one*. The games I do have look incredible and everyone has a ton of fun playing it. If I was only planning on having one system I think I could live with just the Wii U since I don't play as much as I used to. Super Mario 3D World made me and my wife laugh like kids while we played it. Still going to buy a PS4 though for Sony exclusives and multi-platform games.

*Traded someone on Craigslist my 3DS XL for it.
I keep waffling back and forth on buying one. I want to play the games, but I also want to see the Wii U fail catastrophically ASAP.
bd2003 is offline  
post #16765 of 21096 Old 06-13-2014, 09:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rolltide1017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 3,461
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Liked: 491
Hey bd2003, how do you feel about MS lack of information/talking points on all the Windows/Xbox crossover stuff that you thought they would talk about.

I know you had high hopes for the further blurring of the console/PC line but, there wasn't anything even really hinted about it during the show.

I'm seriously asking, not trying to be mean or pick on you. You were pretty passionate about it and honestly, you had me interested in learning more about it during E3 but, nothing happened.

PSN ID: CrimsonNagus
XBL GT: Crimson Nagus
rolltide1017 is offline  
post #16766 of 21096 Old 06-13-2014, 09:37 AM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 35,951
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9309 Post(s)
Liked: 5996
I'll get one if the price drops around 40%.

53TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
post #16767 of 21096 Old 06-13-2014, 09:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pcweber111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In a van, down by the river.
Posts: 3,557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post
Hey bd2003, how do you feel about MS lack of information/talking points on all the Windows/Xbox crossover stuff that you thought they would talk about.

I know you had high hopes for the further blurring of the console/PC line but, there wasn't anything even really hinted about it during the show.

I'm seriously asking, not trying to be mean or pick on you. You were pretty passionate about it and honestly, you had me interested in learning more about it during E3 but, nothing happened.
I'm not him but I think they still have it in mind but E3 was laser focused for them. It was a conscious decision to stick to games games games, and they didn't want to deviate. Spencer brought up why they didn't talk about Windows gaming but a lot of the behind the scenes stuff with universal apps, etc. wouldn't have made sense at E3. We'll probably hear more about it later this year and definitely at Build next year since that will probably be a major focus within their Threshold presentation.
pcweber111 is offline  
post #16768 of 21096 Old 06-13-2014, 09:53 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 11,637
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 915 Post(s)
Liked: 1708
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post
Hey bd2003, how do you feel about MS lack of information/talking points on all the Windows/Xbox crossover stuff that you thought they would talk about.

I know you had high hopes for the further blurring of the console/PC line but, there wasn't anything even really hinted about it during the show.

I'm seriously asking, not trying to be mean or pick on you. You were pretty passionate about it and honestly, you had me interested in learning more about it during E3 but, nothing happened.
I forget where I read it this morning, but someone asked spencer why they didn't talk about PC at all, and he said e3 wasn't the place for it, he considers it a show for retailers and consoles. He said something like a E-sports competition that can fill an arena is a better venue.

He also said in another interview that universal apps are "on the roadmap."

So kinda disappointed that they didn't kick the initiative off at e3, but it wasn't any indication that they're not going in that direction. And with steam machines being delayed till next year they've got a little extra breathing room to get it right.
bd2003 is offline  
post #16769 of 21096 Old 06-13-2014, 09:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Rgdeuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: The desert
Posts: 341
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Don't want to see Nintendo bomb out. Good to have around if you have children (mine still have a ways to go) and as a bonus, you get to play the Zelda games. Those always bring me back to my childhood.
Rgdeuce is offline  
post #16770 of 21096 Old 06-13-2014, 09:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
scubasteve2365's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,454
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post
I'm not him but I think they still have it in mind but E3 was laser focused for them. It was a conscious decision to stick to games games games, and they didn't want to deviate. Spencer brought up why they didn't talk about Windows gaming but a lot of the behind the scenes stuff with universal apps, etc. wouldn't have made sense at E3. We'll probably hear more about it later this year and definitely at Build next year since that will probably be a major focus within their Threshold presentation.
Spencer's comments sounded more in the vein that it was about unification for developers so that they only have to make an app once and it works on PC, Xbox and Phone, which is what I personally assumed that target was. I think bd2003 has taken the stance that it means MS is going to open-up Xbox, and I'm not convinced that they are going to willingly bring the walls of the garden down. It's one thing to unify development for an app like Skype, it's another to make the Xbox PC-like which would open it up to software not authorized or certified by Microsoft. Until that happens, it's going to be a closed system and I wouldn't expect anything truly revolutionary.

If they ever did it though, I'd personally be all over it.

"The Scuba Tank" thread here
PSN/XBL/Steam : ScubaSteve2365 - PC = i7-8700k, RTX 2080Ti, DDR4-3200 Ram
My VR Podcast on Youtube - VR Roundtable - Pimax, Playstation VR, Rift-S, and Quest
Theater = Epson 5040UB, Denon x4400, Klipsh RF 7.2.4, 4-FiCar 18" IB, HTMarket Pembrokes, Aura BassShaker
scubasteve2365 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 3 160gb System , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Console , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 4 Games , Sony

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off