PlayStation 4 - Page 647 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1455Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #19381 of 21096 Old 02-19-2015, 09:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,252
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Liked: 929
Heh Comcast must love me. Just checked my usage for the last three months: 318, 278, and 331 GB and am at 190 this month already. I'm sure a good 80-100 GB per month is PS4 games and updates on top of all the Netflix.
lordxar5 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #19382 of 21096 Old 02-20-2015, 07:04 AM
Advanced Member
 
Budracin8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Shadyside, OH
Posts: 586
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
Heh Comcast must love me. Just checked my usage for the last three months: 318, 278, and 331 GB and am at 190 this month already. I'm sure a good 80-100 GB per month is PS4 games and updates on top of all the Netflix.
Usage History
• November
619GB
• December
431GB
• January
449GB

My last 3 months of Comcast internet usage

Steam ID: Budracin88
Origin ID: Budracin88
Blizzard: Budracin88#1797
YouTube Channel
Twitch
Budracin8 is offline  
post #19383 of 21096 Old 02-20-2015, 09:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,252
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Liked: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budracin8 View Post
Usage History
•November
619GB
•December
431GB
•January
449GB

My last 3 months of Comcast internet usage
Nice! If throttling ever hits it needs to be set very high.
Budracin8 likes this.
lordxar5 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #19384 of 21096 Old 02-20-2015, 09:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mboojigga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Little Rock AFB, Arkansas
Posts: 9,219
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Liked: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
Heh Comcast must love me. Just checked my usage for the last three months: 318, 278, and 331 GB and am at 190 this month already. I'm sure a good 80-100 GB per month is PS4 games and updates on top of all the Netflix.
Comcast doesn't do Data Caps. It is unlimited and they don't throttle.
mboojigga is offline  
post #19385 of 21096 Old 02-20-2015, 10:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
reddice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 2,753
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Bought this.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Any harm in having my PS4 on top of it as I am trying to keep it as cool as possible?

Charter Spectrum.
My Router: Netgear R7000 - Advanced Tomato
3.5-140 K26ARM USB VPN-64K.
My Primary Streaming Device: Apple TV 4K (2017).
Cats are the best pets.
reddice is offline  
post #19386 of 21096 Old 02-20-2015, 11:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,252
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Liked: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
Comcast doesn't do Data Caps. It is unlimited and they don't throttle.
For now. I know at one point it was at least considered because there's and asterisk on my usage page about the 250 GB cap being suspended. Personally I don't mind reasonable caps which to me reasonable means something I won't hit or will barely graze on normal usage. For example 2 GB a month for cell phone data is absurdly low. If ever anything did go into place I'd hope it would be 400 GB minimum if not 500 GB.
Nayan likes this.
lordxar5 is offline  
post #19387 of 21096 Old 02-20-2015, 12:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mboojigga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Little Rock AFB, Arkansas
Posts: 9,219
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Liked: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
For now. I know at one point it was at least considered because there's and asterisk on my usage page about the 250 GB cap being suspended. Personally I don't mind reasonable caps which to me reasonable means something I won't hit or will barely graze on normal usage. For example 2 GB a month for cell phone data is absurdly low. If ever anything did go into place I'd hope it would be 400 GB minimum if not 500 GB.
The asterisk has been there going on 4 years now. I work for Comcast and it isn't even being discussed about doing caps anytime in the future. Comcast has changed their policy that customers should get the speeds(connected by ethernet) they are paying for. If you have the blast 50mb and your not getting between 50-65mb, you need to schedule and appointment. They are coming out with a 300mb option and are starting to roll out the new Wireless Gateway modems with AC capability.

By the way 400-500 caps isn't going to be enough. Between multiple devices downloading game on these systems and multiple devices downloading apps and streaming it adds up. For one person in the home maybe but you have a family doing all these daily and you start averaging around 800-1TB. Which is what we average in my home.

The 5.0 is here

Last edited by mboojigga; 02-20-2015 at 12:11 PM.
mboojigga is offline  
post #19388 of 21096 Old 02-20-2015, 12:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,252
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Liked: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
The asterisk has been there going on 4 years now.
I know. I'm half sarcastic. Comcast has actually been great for me. It just works which I particularly like. The AT&T throttling bs is what was irritating. In fact I was marvelling at my Sprint data use the other day which is pretty much why I was even curious to see what my cable use was.
lordxar5 is offline  
post #19389 of 21096 Old 02-20-2015, 12:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mboojigga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Little Rock AFB, Arkansas
Posts: 9,219
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Liked: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
I know. I'm half sarcastic. Comcast has actually been great for me. It just works which I particularly like. The AT&T throttling bs is what was irritating. In fact I was marvelling at my Sprint data use the other day which is pretty much why I was even curious to see what my cable use was.
Speaking of Att, did you read about the FCC trying to fine them for throttling unlimited data customers?

The 5.0 is here
mboojigga is offline  
post #19390 of 21096 Old 02-20-2015, 12:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,252
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Liked: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
Speaking of Att, did you read about the FCC trying to fine them for throttling unlimited data customers?
Yup. I was one of the throttled which is now why I'm on another carrier. I say lay it to em lol
toddman36 likes this.
lordxar5 is offline  
post #19391 of 21096 Old 02-21-2015, 07:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
d_m1010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern Exposure Canada
Posts: 1,995
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
The asterisk has been there going on 4 years now. I work for Comcast and it isn't even being discussed about doing caps anytime in the future. Comcast has changed their policy that customers should get the speeds(connected by ethernet) they are paying for. If you have the blast 50mb and your not getting between 50-65mb, you need to schedule and appointment. They are coming out with a 300mb option and are starting to roll out the new Wireless Gateway modems with AC capability.

By the way 400-500 caps isn't going to be enough. Between multiple devices downloading game on these systems and multiple devices downloading apps and streaming it adds up. For one person in the home maybe but you have a family doing all these daily and you start averaging around 800-1TB. Which is what we average in my home.
wow, I'm lucky to get 5 Mb down here in rural Canada. That 50-65mb would be incredible.

Psn: memnoch1010
Xbox live: meadoch
d_m1010 is offline  
post #19392 of 21096 Old 02-21-2015, 08:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Zookster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,251
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1564 Post(s)
Liked: 1473
Cox Cable in San Diego has a cap of 250 GB/month on its 50 Mbs download speed level of service.
Reading the fine print, however, it doesn't look like they do anything punitive unless you go way over on a regular basis, at which point they try to pitch you on upgrading to a higher level (speed) of service and investigate to make sure you aren't doing anything illegal (a.k.a. commercial).
Living alone, I'm usually in the 40 - 80 GB/month range in my usage, though I hit 180 GB the month I got my PS4 and downloaded The Last of Us Remastered, Far Cry 4, and several other games while watching a ton of Netflix.
Zookster is offline  
post #19393 of 21096 Old 02-22-2015, 09:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cravit8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,123
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Liked: 610
I had no idea The Order was out.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
Cravit8 is offline  
post #19394 of 21096 Old 02-22-2015, 10:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 5,503
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1176 Post(s)
Liked: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
I had no idea The Order was out.

If you ventured away from Destiny you would realize good games exist.


https://www.avsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1478846
Nayan and Cravit8 like this.

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - https://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
emartins is offline  
post #19395 of 21096 Old 02-22-2015, 01:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cravit8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,123
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Liked: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
If you ventured away from Destiny you would realize good games exist.


https://www.avsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1478846

I ventured back into it because of some friends.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
Cravit8 is offline  
post #19396 of 21096 Old 02-22-2015, 01:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,252
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Liked: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
I ventured back into it because of some friends.
Friends don't let friends play Destiny.
emartins, Nayan, Smigro and 2 others like this.
lordxar5 is offline  
post #19397 of 21096 Old 02-22-2015, 02:53 PM
Advanced Member
 
steve1022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: KC Metro
Posts: 716
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 65
This week Best Buy is giving away a Playstaion TV free when you buy a PS4.

http://deals.bestbuy.com/?category=f...76174067206132
slyderulz likes this.

PSN: ROLL_mf_TIDE
steve1022 is offline  
post #19398 of 21096 Old 02-22-2015, 04:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
s1njin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Jersey
Posts: 1,393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 162
I played Destiny, but I realized the Cryptarch kept giving me ****e.

Wait, no. Destiny was just pure ****e.
s1njin is offline  
post #19399 of 21096 Old 02-22-2015, 07:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cravit8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,123
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Liked: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
Friends don't let friends play Destiny.
I'm just a monogamous kind of guy.
slyderulz likes this.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
Cravit8 is offline  
post #19400 of 21096 Old 02-23-2015, 03:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
d_m1010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern Exposure Canada
Posts: 1,995
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post
I played Destiny, but I realized the Cryptarch kept giving me ****e.

Wait, no. Destiny was just pure ****e.
I play it now and again and find it somewhat fun. Not the best or worst shooter I have ever encountered.

Psn: memnoch1010
Xbox live: meadoch
d_m1010 is offline  
post #19401 of 21096 Old 02-23-2015, 10:09 AM
Advanced Member
 
dbailey75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 748
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
Comcast doesn't do Data Caps. It is unlimited and they don't throttle.
Hey, are you sure this is correct? I received a letter some years ago about a 300GB per month limit, and i'm looking now at my data usage. below is what's listed on the page. I've not given it a second thought, as I'm always under the cap, but looks like it's still in place, in select areas.

"Your usage is measured starting 1st of every month and is displayed graphically in the horizontal bar and to the right in the column labeled "Used". Also for your convenience, the history of your last 3 months usage is displayed in the bar chart below labeled "Usage History". For more information and frequently asked questions, please click here.
Pay Per Use: We will automatically provide you with additional 50 GB of data for $10 once you exceed your monthly allowance."


In Huntsville and Mobile, Alabama; Atlanta, Augusta and Savannah, Georgia; Central Kentucky; Maine; Jackson, Mississippi; Knoxville and Memphis, Tennessee and Charleston, South Carolina, we have begun a trial which will increase our data usage plan for all XFINITY Internet tiers to 300 GB per month and will offer additional gigabytes in increments/blocks (e.g., $10.00 per 50 GB). In this trial, XFINITY Internet Economy Plus customers can choose to enroll in the Flexible-Data Option to receive a $5.00 credit on their monthly bill and reduce their data usage plan from 300 GB to 5 GB. If customers choose this option and use more than 5 GB of data in any given month, they will not receive the $5.00 credit and will be charged an additional $1.00 for each gigabyte of data used over the 5 GB included in the Flexible-Data Option. The trial dates for these regions were as follows: Hunstville – November 1, 2013; Mobile – October 1, 2013; Atlanta – December 1, 2013; Augusta – November 1, 2013; Savannah – September 1, 2013; Central Kentucky – September 1, 2013; Maine – December 1, 2013; Jackson – September 1, 2013; Knoxville – October 1, 2013; Memphis – November 1, 2013; Charleston – November 1, 2013.

https://customer.comcast.com/help-an...ans-launching/

PSN: CAPTDANMAN
dbailey75 is offline  
post #19402 of 21096 Old 02-23-2015, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
slyderulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Armpit of Civilization
Posts: 1,145
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
If you ventured away from Destiny you would realize good games exist.


https://www.avsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1478846
You're using 'good game' and 'The Order' in the same sentence?

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

 

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.


Thats what I do.

slyderulz is offline  
post #19403 of 21096 Old 02-23-2015, 10:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mboojigga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Little Rock AFB, Arkansas
Posts: 9,219
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Liked: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey75 View Post
Hey, are you sure this is correct? I received a letter some years ago about a 300GB per month limit, and i'm looking now at my data usage. below is what's listed on the page. I've not given it a second thought, as I'm always under the cap, but looks like it's still in place, in select areas.

"Your usage is measured starting 1st of every month and is displayed graphically in the horizontal bar and to the right in the column labeled "Used". Also for your convenience, the history of your last 3 months usage is displayed in the bar chart below labeled "Usage History". For more information and frequently asked questions, please click here.
Pay Per Use: We will automatically provide you with additional 50 GB of data for $10 once you exceed your monthly allowance."


In Huntsville and Mobile, Alabama; Atlanta, Augusta and Savannah, Georgia; Central Kentucky; Maine; Jackson, Mississippi; Knoxville and Memphis, Tennessee and Charleston, South Carolina, we have begun a trial which will increase our data usage plan for all XFINITY Internet tiers to 300 GB per month and will offer additional gigabytes in increments/blocks (e.g., $10.00 per 50 GB). In this trial, XFINITY Internet Economy Plus customers can choose to enroll in the Flexible-Data Option to receive a $5.00 credit on their monthly bill and reduce their data usage plan from 300 GB to 5 GB. If customers choose this option and use more than 5 GB of data in any given month, they will not receive the $5.00 credit and will be charged an additional $1.00 for each gigabyte of data used over the 5 GB included in the Flexible-Data Option. The trial dates for these regions were as follows: Hunstville – November 1, 2013; Mobile – October 1, 2013; Atlanta – December 1, 2013; Augusta – November 1, 2013; Savannah – September 1, 2013; Central Kentucky – September 1, 2013; Maine – December 1, 2013; Jackson – September 1, 2013; Knoxville – October 1, 2013; Memphis – November 1, 2013; Charleston – November 1, 2013.

https://customer.comcast.com/help-an...ans-launching/
As far as I know those are trials in those cities. Outside of them it is unlimited. Haven't heard anything more about those trials only at the time they were announced.
mboojigga is offline  
post #19404 of 21096 Old 02-23-2015, 10:37 AM
Advanced Member
 
dbailey75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 748
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
As far as I know those are trials in those cities. Outside of them it is unlimited. Haven't heard anything more about those trials only at the time they were announced.

I find this irritating, and yet I don't even exceed the caps. but what you going to do. I'm in the Atl area, and we were also the first to get those crappy digital adapters, they had this big party in one of the local mall parking lots with free hot dogs and bounce houses, they wanted to make you feel all happy, before they gave you the shaft. I can only say i'm happy with my ceton turner, so they aren't sticking me with those rental fees.

You can' beat their internet, it never goes down, at least in my area, and i'm loving the blast speeds, especially the 10Mbs upload, choosing your IPS is like voting, you select the person you dislike the least.

PSN: CAPTDANMAN
dbailey75 is offline  
post #19405 of 21096 Old 02-23-2015, 10:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 5,503
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1176 Post(s)
Liked: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post
You're using 'good game' and 'The Order' in the same sentence?

Have you played the game? No? Then shut it captain.


Also I enjoyed The Order more than Destiny. Get off the drugs already.
Nayan likes this.

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - https://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
emartins is offline  
post #19406 of 21096 Old 02-23-2015, 11:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
slyderulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Armpit of Civilization
Posts: 1,145
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
Have you played the game? No? Then shut it captain.


Also I enjoyed The Order more than Destiny. Get off the drugs already.
Best 8 hours of your life with a beautiful face with no substance? You in Vegas or something E?

I'll stick with my drug destiny that keeps on givin'...and some driveclub when I can fit in a race or 2

Besides, QTEs make me want to do drugs, so destiny is obviously the healthier alternative!

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

 

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.


Thats what I do.

slyderulz is offline  
post #19407 of 21096 Old 02-23-2015, 11:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cravit8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,123
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Liked: 610
Lol people outside our secret privatee thread are not going to get these last 3 posts.
slyderulz and Nayan like this.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
Cravit8 is offline  
post #19408 of 21096 Old 02-23-2015, 11:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 5,503
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1176 Post(s)
Liked: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post
Best 8 hours of your life with a beautiful face with no substance? You in Vegas or something E?

I'll stick with my drug destiny that keeps on givin'...and some driveclub when I can fit in a race or 2

Besides, QTEs make me want to do drugs, so destiny is obviously the healthier alternative!

We got shmoopy to kick the habit. You're next.
slyderulz likes this.

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - https://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
emartins is offline  
post #19409 of 21096 Old 02-23-2015, 11:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
slyderulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Armpit of Civilization
Posts: 1,145
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
We got shmoopy to kick the habit. You're next.
Hardline might be your only shot for a while! It sure wasn't Evolve and it sure as hell ain't The Order!! 8 hours of diversion just ain't gonna doit!!

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

 

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.


Thats what I do.

slyderulz is offline  
post #19410 of 21096 Old 02-23-2015, 12:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Zookster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,251
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1564 Post(s)
Liked: 1473
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey75 View Post

You can' beat their internet, it never goes down, at least in my area, and i'm loving the blast speeds, especially the 10Mbs upload, choosing your IPS is like voting, you select the person you dislike the least.
And just like in most elections, you are only presented two candidates/monopolies to choose from. In the case of ISPs, for most communities in or near large cities, the choice is cable (from the only cable company servicing the area) or DSL (from the local phone company), which in my case isn't really a choice since the phone company in my area is AT&T.

Fortunately Cox has been good to me, though I'm always at the whim of their annual price hikes. The most dreaded ads I hear are the ones that proclaim they are boosting (sometimes even doubling) our Internet speeds because that invariably entails a $5-$10 price increase within the next 4-6 months. I could very easily live on a stable 15 Mbs speed. I personally don't know what to do with 50 Mbs; it's not like Sony has made corresponding enhancements to their servers that make downloading games that fast remotely possible, and I really don't do any other large-scale media downloading. And if I downgrade my service plan (50 Mbs) is already at the low end nowadays, I lose my bundle pricing --I'd break even.
Zookster is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 3 160gb System , Playstation 4 Camera , Playstation 4 Console , Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller , Playstation 4 Games , Sony

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off