PS4 and Harmony remote? - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 31Likes

post #271 of 290 Old 07-03-2017, 06:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillaz View Post
Nope, not coming out. I ordered this months ago and check on it periodically. As of today the date is pushed back to November 21.

What a joke.
Maybe it will come out around the time of the PS5.

TV: 75XBR940E

PSN ID: Onedropshot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 290 Old 07-09-2017, 12:28 AM

Liked: 33
I reached out to PDP's customer service and this was the super helpful reply they gave me:

Quote:
Dear Customer,
We apologize for the delays and any inconvenience however, we do not have any additional information that we can provide at this time.
Kindest Regards,
PDP Customer Support
post #273 of 290 Old 08-15-2017, 07:45 PM

Another update regarding the PDP device, if anyone else still cares about it:

https://support.myharmony.com/en-au/...e-with-pdp-box

Maybe it will finally come out?
TViewer2000 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #274 of 290 Old 08-22-2017, 11:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked: 169
PDP has been miserable with their stock and support of the Rock Band wired drums adapter so I wouldn't expect this to be any different.

Has anyone had the Harmony hub interfere with their game controllers? It interfered a little with my PS4 controller and a lot with my Xbox One controller, so I had to unplug it.

Your mom is a classy lady!

Tom's Book Blog

PSN: Macello / Xbox: Macello
post #275 of 290 Old 12-22-2017, 06:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Well color me shocked. I just received an email from Amazon that these will be shipping and it should arrive on Dec 29.

We'll see what actually happens.

75Q9FN / Denon X6400H / Polk Audio LSI 7.1.4 / Nvidia Shield / Sony X800 BluRay / Xbox One X / PS4 Pro / Nintendo Switch / Custom Gaming PC / Custom VR PC / HTC Vive Pro HMD (Wireless)
post #276 of 290 Old 12-26-2017, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Well color me shocked. I just received an email from Amazon that these will be shipping and it should arrive on Dec 29.

We'll see what actually happens.
Ya I was stunned. I only saw the preview in my notifications and figured it was probably delayed again.

Now to see if it delivers on everything it promised. Is the adapter already in the harmony database?

*edit* looks like it is, I am seeing PDP PDP playstation 4 irc receiver in the devices

Last edited by schmiggyjk; 12-26-2017 at 09:04 PM.
post #277 of 290 Old 12-27-2017, 05:55 PM

Well I got it working in my various activities, it definitely turns on the device and navigates through the menus.

It connects via bluetooth btw, in case anyone is curious

I am now trying to figure out how to create a macro for the turning off option:

• Im in the PDP PS4 IR, ive selected that I want the device to turn off.
  • Ive adjusted the power settings to "I want to turn off this device when its not in use"
  • Picked "a button on the remote for On, and a different button for Off"
  • "I dont have the original remote, but i know the command" - selected PS command
  • Then "I dont have the original remote, but i know the commands", selected more than one command.
  • I have selected PS, Down, Down, X, X.

The issue is, I dont know how to program a hold of "PS" the PS/Power button. Pressing it once just quick switches the windows. I need to figure out how to hold it, so it enters the power menu.

Another option if you are on the main dashboard is "up" and then ten right arrows, x, x, but that is a lot of commands to send and would really slow down the power off process for those that don't want to stay line of sight for that whole time.

Ideas?

Last edited by schmiggyjk; 12-27-2017 at 07:45 PM.
post #278 of 290 Old 12-28-2017, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmiggyjk View Post
...Another option if you are on the main dashboard is "up" and then ten right arrows, x, x, but that is a lot of commands to send and would really slow down the power off process for those that don't want to stay line of sight for that whole time.
I'm pretty sure that's how the official Logitech PS3 adaptor works - you need to keep the remote pointed at the PS3 for a long time if you're shutting down the PS3, and if you point it away too early it doesn't shut down.
post #279 of 290 Old 12-28-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan E View Post
I'm pretty sure that's how the official Logitech PS3 adaptor works - you need to keep the remote pointed at the PS3 for a long time if you're shutting down the PS3, and if you point it away too early it doesn't shut down.
Over in the remote thread mdavej believes he can get assist in getting a PS-Long code added to the device:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/93-rem...l#post55393210
post #280 of 290 Old 12-29-2017, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Nope, not coming out. I ordered this months ago and check on it periodically. As of today the date is pushed back to November 21.

What a joke.
Believe it or not, it’s out and I have it finally. Ordered it in July and got it today, Dec 29th. Have already added it as a device to my Harmony profile but haven’t paired it yet so I can’t speak to if it works as advertised. Sure hope so...on/off and total PS4 functionality has been a long time coming.
post #281 of 290 Old 12-29-2017, 08:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooterjay View Post
Believe it or not, it’s out and I have it finally. Ordered it in July and got it today, Dec 29th. Have already added it as a device to my Harmony profile but haven’t paired it yet so I can’t speak to if it works as advertised. Sure hope so...on/off and total PS4 functionality has been a long time coming.
See my post 6 up from this one. I received mine today and setting it up as I type this.
post #282 of 290 Old 12-29-2017, 09:52 PM

I can't get the thing to connect. It connects right after it is paired to the PS4, and shuts the system off fine. Then, after waiting a few minutes, it will turn my TV and receiver on but won't turn on the pS4. Then when I turn it on with the DS4, it goes into a system error mode and asks me to send Sony info on the error and what I was doing. Had this happen twice. Also, when I do get into the system, under Bluetooth devices, it tells me to press any button on the Bluetooth device to connect the PDP receiver. Uh, ok but isn't this why we bought the thing in the first place so we don't have to always use the DS4 for everything? Don't know where the problem lies with Logitech or Sony or PDP...maybe all three or a combination. Have you had any luck?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PS4 Error Messge.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	2337320  
post #283 of 290 Old 12-29-2017, 10:34 PM

OK, so I think I have it figured out. You have to delete the PS4 (or PS4 Pro) from your PS4 Activity on your Harmony remote profile AFTER you've paired it with the PS4. Then, set up the PS4 Activity again in your profile using your TV and/or receiver (as before); then use the PS4 IR Receiver as one of the devices instead of the PS4. Of course, this is assuming the IR receiver is already set up as a device in your profile using the instructions that come with it. Then, put all of the button commands, etc. on the IR Receiver instead of on the PS4. I used the PS button for turning the system on and it works like a charm. However, there still isn't a Power Off command on the IR receiver profile, so I'm still using macros to turn the system off. Hopefully, we'll get that fix soon.
post #284 of 290 Old 12-31-2017, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Well I got it working in my various activities, it definitely turns on the device and navigates through the menus.

It connects via bluetooth btw, in case anyone is curious

I am now trying to figure out how to create a macro for the turning off option:

• Im in the PDP PS4 IR, ive selected that I want the device to turn off.
  • Ive adjusted the power settings to "I want to turn off this device when its not in use"
  • Picked "a button on the remote for On, and a different button for Off"
  • "I dont have the original remote, but i know the command" - selected PS command
  • Then "I dont have the original remote, but i know the commands", selected more than one command.
  • I have selected PS, Down, Down, X, X.

The issue is, I dont know how to program a hold of "PS" the PS/Power button. Pressing it once just quick switches the windows. I need to figure out how to hold it, so it enters the power menu.

Another option if you are on the main dashboard is "up" and then ten right arrows, x, x, but that is a lot of commands to send and would really slow down the power off process for those that don't want to stay line of sight for that whole time.

Ideas?
Here is a quick snapshot (see attachment) of how you can do it using the Quick Menu. I edited my Quick Menu to only have one or two things on it and rarely use it anyway, so this turns the system off within 5 seconds provided you leave the Quick Menu cursor set on Rest mode. Remember, you must do it on the "Devices" tab not the "Activites" tab and it must be the IR Receiver, not the PS4. (Remember that you program everything to the IR Receiver once you have paired it and not to the PS4 any longer.)
Also remember, the key is to set the Power Off Settings "PS" button to 2 seconds. This is how you set the duration of the button press
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Harmony Profile.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	2338406  
post #285 of 290 Old 01-04-2018, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Here is a quick snapshot (see attachment) of how you can do it using the Quick Menu. I edited my Quick Menu to only have one or two things on it and rarely use it anyway, so this turns the system off within 5 seconds provided you leave the Quick Menu cursor set on Rest mode. Remember, you must do it on the "Devices" tab not the "Activites" tab and it must be the IR Receiver, not the PS4. (Remember that you program everything to the IR Receiver once you have paired it and not to the PS4 any longer.)
Also remember, the key is to set the Power Off Settings "PS" button to 2 seconds. This is how you set the duration of the button press
Unfortunately the duration options are not available on the harmony one. Well, maybe I need to test the My Harmony Remote app? Because its not an option in the Harmony Remote software 7.7.0.

*edit* holy cow, so all this time I thought 7.7.0 was the most recent software as it never updated, didnt realize they changed platforms. Guess i have some exploring and finagling to do in the newer app

Last edited by schmiggyjk; 01-04-2018 at 06:15 PM.
post #286 of 290 Old 01-05-2018, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately the duration options are not available on the harmony one. Well, maybe I need to test the My Harmony Remote app? Because its not an option in the Harmony Remote software 7.7.0.

*edit* holy cow, so all this time I thought 7.7.0 was the most recent software as it never updated, didnt realize they changed platforms. Guess i have some exploring and finagling to do in the newer app
Yes, the Harmony One along with many of Logitech's other remotes went to the "MyHarmony" desktop software for everything a few years back. I should have mentioned that in my posts: "You must be using the MyHarmony desktop software" to follow the instructions I gave. The latest iteration looks like the attached on your desktop.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	2340604  
post #287 of 290 Old 01-05-2018, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Yes, the Harmony One along with many of Logitech's other remotes went to the "MyHarmony" desktop software for everything a few years back. I should have mentioned that in my posts: "You must be using the MyHarmony desktop software" to follow the instructions I gave. The latest iteration looks like the attached on your desktop.
Oh and one final note. The 'Duration" does not have to be set to 2 seconds. I have tried it at 1.5 and so far that works better for my setup. With two seconds it was not only turning the system on but going to the last game I played and I wanted it to only get to the XMB startup screen. I have not tried it at one second yet so someone else may want to try that if it will benefit them.
post #288 of 290 Old 01-15-2018, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Does the PS4 play blurays any better than the PS3? If not, then I will just skip this thing because the harmony elite works perfectly with the PS3.

LG 65C7p | Sony PS3 | Sony PS4 | Apple Ariport Express | FIOS TV and Internet | Emotiva UMC-200 | Parasound HCA2003a | Parasound HCA1000a x 2 | Samson S1000 | Berhinger BFD | Monster HTS3500 | AC Infinity Aircom T8 x 2 | NHT 1.5 | NHT VS2 | NHT Super Ones | SVS PC Ultra x2 | Harmony Elite | Salamander Venice 237 | Sound Anchors Cone Coasters | Vibrapods
post #289 of 290 Old 01-15-2018, 07:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1327 Post(s)
Liked: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryIII View Post
Does the PS4 play blurays any better than the PS3? If not, then I will just skip this thing because the harmony elite works perfectly with the PS3.
The PS4 is no better than the PS3 for Blu-ray playback, except the PS4 can do simultaneous 3D + Dolby TrueHD and the PS3 can’t. The Harmony control of the PS4 doesn’t even work (on screen controls only, unless you also get that IR receiver thing).
post #290 of 290 Old 01-21-2018, 02:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 127
I just got and set up my brand new Harmony Elite yesterday and am still working on it. Feverishly, to be honest. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner View Post
The PS4 is no better than the PS3 for Blu-ray playback,
Actually its worse. At least from a remote controll interface standpoint. Although I get your point about the 3D + Dolby TrueHD, and that's certainly fair. However, for reasons I cannot even begin to fathom, on the PS4 the Blu-Ray control-scheme is separated and different from the controls for DVD playback. DVD is intuitive and easy, and you can use the more obvious buttons. Blu-Ray is a nightmare. I have to boot up my bedroom setup as that one still has a PS3. Since I use it mostly for gaming and streaming, and not for Blu-Rays, I don't remember for certain, but I want to say that I seem to remember Blu-Rays playing much easier and more intuitive, in terms of BD Remote interface than the PS4, which is a freaking nightmare of circuitous buttons for Blu-Ray playback, even with the Sony BD remote made specifically for the PS4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner View Post
The Harmony control of the PS4 doesn’t even work (on screen controls only, unless you also get that IR receiver thing).
Yeah this is an absolute horror show, I have to admit. It is a total and complete mess of non-responsive Blu-Ray controls on the Harmony. As I said above, they completely suck on the Sony remote as well, but at least they are somewhat navigable. On the Harmony Elite, the Blue-Ray playback is completely untenable. All you can really do with the Harmony is launch the Blu-Ray and sit there and let it do whatever it wants. Oh, and lol you can exit Blu-Ray playback! I tried this both with CEC on, from the TV menu, because that is the only way I can use the Harmony to turn on my PS4, since I have a75" UHD Bravia, I use Bravia Sync. I thought that maybe the problem was that the PS4 doesn't like me attempting blue-ray playback while in the "TV" device on the Harmony, so I switched to the PS4 device, and the same thing.

In Logitech's defense, however, as much as this really blows, I think this is all on Sony. I think that's what you are saying, too, so I don't want you to think I am calling you out. But I tried playing Blu-Rays on my XBox One S, with the Elite, and it was fine. So I have to conclude this is just Sony idiocy, along the same lines as blocking non Sony OEM PS4 remotes from turning on the PS4.

Under the heading of Who gives a flying crap, DVD playback on the PS4 Pro is fine with the Harmony Elite. But no go for Blu-Ray. So from now on I will just use my XBox One S for Blu-Rays. lol Oh well. But like I said, I think we can blame Sony for this, not Logitech. I am saying NO to the PS4 IR Receiver. Why should I give those corporate thugs at Sony another $29.99 because they screwed me (us) on PS4 third party remote control functionality. I would buy it grudgingly if I had to. But I have my XBOne, so Sony can lick me.

Last edited by ChiroVette; 01-21-2018 at 02:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 4 Console

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page