post #1 of 46 Old 09-01-2014, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 233
PS4 Firmware 2.00

UPDATE: October 28 launch confirmed.

Sony announced that Share Play and customized themes are coming to the PS4 in firmware 2.00 release. Here is a list of additional known features it contains:

Quote:
  • USB Music Player: PS4 owners can play their own music in the background while playing a game using USB Music Player*. After inserting a USB stick loaded with music into the PS4, a new option for USB Music Player will appear. Supported filename extensions include MP3, MP4, M4A, and 3GP.

• Change colors: In addition to the ability to add a theme, PS4 owners can also change the background of the home screen from light blue to one of seven new colors: gold, blue, red, green, purple, pink, and gray.

• Players You May Know: PS4 will now suggest players you may know in the ‘What’s New’ section, recommending gamers your friends frequently play with.

• Enhancements to Live Broadcasting: Masamune brings a variety of improvements to live broadcasting on PS4. In the Live From PlayStation app, PS4 owners can now select a Featured channel, which includes official broadcasts from PlayStation, broadcasts from people on a players friend list, and any game channel that the player has followed. Additionally, Live From PlayStation now has filters for searching broadcasts on a specific game, as well as support for archived broadcasts.

• Content Area and Library: PS4’s Content Area, which shows the latest games and apps a PS4 owner has used, has been redesigned to help make it easier to quickly find and access content. It now shows 15 of a player’s most used apps or games, and additional items will be added to a player’s Library. The Library on PS4 has improved filter and sort functions to help organize contented by type (game / app / TV & video), name (a – z or z – a), recently used, or install date.

• Enhanced Voice Commands: The ability to control PS4 using voice has been improved. Players can now say ‘PlayStation’ to begin commands, and ‘All Commands,’ to see a list of all voice command options available. New voice commands were added for live broadcasting, including “Start broadcast,” “End broadcast,” and “Find face.”

• Add To Library: The monthly free PlayStation Plus games will have an ‘Add to Library’ button in the PlayStation Store. This button will add a game to a PS4 owner’s library without downloading it – saving space on their hard drive.

• Back Up Data: Data on PS4 can be backed up and resorted using USB storage. This will back up all data for the console, including settings, save data, screenshots, video clips, download data, and more.
~~~

Original Post:

Previously announced for v2.00 at GamesCom was Share Play, which allows some unique multiplayer options over the internet. The official blog has the details on this new feature, dedicated YouTube App support, and more:
Quote:
The best way to think about Share Play is like a “virtual couch”. PlayStation 4 will create an online local co-op experience by allowing you to invite a friend to join your game—even when they don’t own a copy of it. With this first-of-its-kind feature, you’ll be able to play games with a friend just as if you were together in the same room. Let’s say that with games… you’ll be able to invite your friend online to play against the Miami Heat for the championship as the San Antonio Spurs in NBA2K, tackle the challenging Towerfall Ascension Quest Mode together, or aide, heal, and protect you as Igniculus in Child of Light’s local co-op mode.

With Share Play, you can even jump into a game to assist a friend. For example, if there is part of a game that you can’t quite finish, you can invite a friend to take over your controls. Like handing over the controller to a friend on your couch, your screen will be shared as your friend gets through the part of the game that has been giving you trouble—can’t get past that part in The Last of Us: Remastered when you’re hanging upside down? Get a little help.

Share Play will be coming to PS4 as part of the upcoming system software update v2.00, scheduled for release this fall. The update will also add highly requested broadcast and video share features, including both uploading you game play footage and dedicated app support for YouTube, which we mentioned on stage at E3. Finally, What’s New will get enhanced real-time activity through friend-of-friend suggestions, allowing instant access to friends’ and recently played games’ broadcasts, and a real name search function will also be added. More features to come when v2.00 is made available this fall, and we will have more to announce in the coming months..
Additional 2.00 details have not yet been revealed.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

Last edited by joeblow; 10-23-2014 at 02:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 Old 09-01-2014, 06:50 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Any update news is good news.
post #3 of 46 Old 09-02-2014, 12:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I read September 25 for release.. somewhere...

Sony 930E, Denon 3400H, PS4 Pro, XBX, Switch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 46 Old 09-02-2014, 10:00 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Shareplay could turn out to be revolutionary.
post #5 of 46 Old 09-05-2014, 02:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Liked: 491
Still no mention of mp3 support or DLNA, I'm starting to think they lied. While the other stuff are welcome additions, these two things are tops on my list. I'd love to listen to my music while gaming, loved doing this on my 360 but, I'll never subscribe to that Sony music service.
reddice and Boxozaxu like this.

PSN ID: CrimsonNagus
XBL GT: Crimson Nagus
post #6 of 46 Old 09-06-2014, 01:53 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 37
its 5$ a month
post #7 of 46 Old 09-06-2014, 02:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notsobright View Post
its 5$ a month
Huh?

"Damn, you can't get black levels like that on your projector!"
- My brother, just before he realized his LED display had died.

Link to my Basement build
https://www.avsforum.com/t/1529034/conspiracy-basement-build
post #8 of 46 Old 09-06-2014, 02:15 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 37
sonys music service. MU
post #9 of 46 Old 09-06-2014, 02:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked: 128
What about copying your own photos? I care about copying music, videos and photos. I can care less about dynamic themes.

Charter Spectrum.
My Router: Netgear R7000 - Advanced Tomato
3.5-140 K26ARM USB VPN-64K.
My Primary Streaming Device: Apple TV 4K (2017).
Cats are the best pets.
post #10 of 46 Old 09-06-2014, 03:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post
Still no mention of mp3 support or DLNA, I'm starting to think they lied. While the other stuff are welcome additions, these two things are tops on my list. I'd love to listen to my music while gaming, loved doing this on my 360 but, I'll never subscribe to that Sony music service.

could not agree more
post #11 of 46 Old 09-07-2014, 08:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Liked: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notsobright View Post
its 5$ a month

My music collection is $0 a month.

Plus, I only listen to movie scores and classical and the service has very little of those genres.
curtlots, tlalotoani and Boxozaxu like this.

PSN ID: CrimsonNagus
XBL GT: Crimson Nagus
post #12 of 46 Old 10-23-2014, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

The next PS4 release, which includes Share Play, USB Music access, a dedicated YouTube app, customized themes and more, is due out October 28.

First post updated with a list of all known 2.00 features.
DarrellG likes this.

Last edited by joeblow; 10-23-2014 at 02:24 PM.
post #13 of 46 Old 10-23-2014, 04:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 53
7 colors! Way to go 21st century!

Also, Can you shareplay a netflix movie ?
post #14 of 46 Old 10-27-2014, 01:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 118
post #15 of 46 Old 10-27-2014, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, they finally added dload pause/resume. That'll make it a lot easier to grab and manage a bunch of mega files at once. A number of other minor upgrades on the way as well.

EDIT:

This FW 2.00 write-up says Sony will work on allowing music to play directly from the hard drive. USB access is a stop gap for now.

Last edited by joeblow; 10-27-2014 at 06:44 PM.
post #16 of 46 Old 10-28-2014, 08:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 673 Post(s)
Liked: 639
Firmware is live. Installed and it seems to be working fine, although I did not have much time to try it out.

Some NeoGAF users are having issues restarting their consoles after going to "Rest Mode" (new name for Standby, for no apparent reason) and are resorting to unplugging the console to restart it. One suggestion to first fully power off the PS4 and restart it before going into Rest Mode. I put mine in Rest Mode before I saw that, but I just restarted it without issue, shut it all the way down, restarted it, and put it back in Rest Mode, just in case there is some validity to that theory.
DarrellG and steve1022 like this.
post #17 of 46 Old 10-29-2014, 05:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Well, it's nice to finally have a youtube app. My desktop still seems too cluttered with "just" the 15 most used games/apps showing. Is there a way to choose which of these can be put into the library folder? I would like to permanently file away the Video and Music Unlimited icons since I'll never use them.
post #18 of 46 Old 10-29-2014, 06:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

The jitter issue is gone now on the Amazon app. I am glad as it seemed I was the only one with this problem. I however did not try Hulu Plus yet but it should be fine.

Charter Spectrum.
Cats are the best pets.
post #19 of 46 Old 10-29-2014, 06:26 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Will check out "Rest Mode" later today - like themes and USB music so far.
post #20 of 46 Old 10-29-2014, 06:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Firmware is live. Installed and it seems to be working fine, although I did not have much time to try it out.

Some NeoGAF users are having issues restarting their consoles after going to "Rest Mode" (new name for Standby, for no apparent reason) and are resorting to unplugging the console to restart it. One suggestion to first fully power off the PS4 and restart it before going into Rest Mode. I put mine in Rest Mode before I saw that, but I just restarted it without issue, shut it all the way down, restarted it, and put it back in Rest Mode, just in case there is some validity to that theory.
I couldn't restart mine after putting it in Rest mode last night. I was panicking a bit It was blinking Orange light without starting.

Went on Reddit and saw that you had to hold the power button for 10 seconds (hear 2 beeps) for it to restart. Didn't have to rebuild database but others did.

I turned it off completely after and not just Rest mode.
post #21 of 46 Old 10-29-2014, 07:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 162
I think something changed w/ the audio codecs for chat - it was so much clearer and more refined/distinct than before the patch. This was for all my chat mates, not just me.
post #22 of 46 Old 10-29-2014, 10:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post
I couldn't restart mine after putting it in Rest mode last night. I was panicking a bit It was blinking Orange light without starting.

Went on Reddit and saw that you had to hold the power button for 10 seconds (hear 2 beeps) for it to restart. Didn't have to rebuild database but others did.

I turned it off completely after and not just Rest mode.
I will have to try holding the power button for 10 seconds. My PS4 won't restart after putting it into rest mode. I've been pulling the power cord to get it back started.
post #23 of 46 Old 10-30-2014, 09:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Has anyone tried Share Play yet?
post #24 of 46 Old 10-30-2014, 12:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 312 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrellG View Post
Has anyone tried Share Play yet?
I have not but want to so I can try Drive Club.

There is more than one way to skin a cat and get a demo before I buy it.

Ed
Panasonic 65ST60, Onkyo TX-RZ830 5.1.2, OPPO BDP-83 region free, Xbox One X scorpio, PS4, eD[c]12 LCR, Klipsch R-14M surrounds, Rythmik FV15HP

Xbox GT / PSN ID - Smigro
post #25 of 46 Old 10-30-2014, 12:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 765
I'd be happy to let people try DriveClub from my system. I will not be able to until about 9pm PST tonight.

On the music side. Does the file from a CD not work for the USB music player? Do I need to convert them to mp3 first? I tried and made a music folder "music" and then put one cd's files directly into the music folder and it wouldn't play. I didn't name the USB stick anything, not sure that matters.
Smigro likes this.
post #26 of 46 Old 10-30-2014, 01:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Pretty sure it's just MP3s.

And my USB is not named anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post
I'd be happy to let people try DriveClub from my system. I will not be able to until about 9pm PST tonight.

On the music side. Does the file from a CD not work for the USB music player? Do I need to convert them to mp3 first? I tried and made a music folder "music" and then put one cd's files directly into the music folder and it wouldn't play. I didn't name the USB stick anything, not sure that matters.
freemeat likes this.

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #27 of 46 Old 10-30-2014, 02:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I really wish that USB media would be able to also show pictures.

Charter Spectrum.
Cats are the best pets.
post #28 of 46 Old 10-31-2014, 07:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 312 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post
USB Music Player: PS4 owners can play their own music in the background while playing a game using USB Music Player*. After inserting a USB stick loaded with music into the PS4, a new option for USB Music Player will appear. Supported filename extensions include MP3, MP4, M4A, and 3GP.

Ed
Panasonic 65ST60, Onkyo TX-RZ830 5.1.2, OPPO BDP-83 region free, Xbox One X scorpio, PS4, eD[c]12 LCR, Klipsch R-14M surrounds, Rythmik FV15HP

Xbox GT / PSN ID - Smigro
post #29 of 46 Old 11-03-2014, 08:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 27
After this fw upgrade my pioneer sc81 receiver cant decode hd audio (dtsma, truehd or pcm). Really annoying!! Sony fixed this!! I tried all settings and nothing worked. I used my ps3 or bluray player and hdaudio works fine. Put back ps4 with this new fw and didnt worked. I worked before fw 2.0.
post #30 of 46 Old 11-03-2014, 09:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltsfan21 View Post
I will have to try holding the power button for 10 seconds. My PS4 won't restart after putting it into rest mode. I've been pulling the power cord to get it back started.
holding down power is the only way to get it out of "stuck mode". Biggest issue is that each time you power if back on after, it'll run a database check. Once you get it back online I'd advise avoiding rest mode until Sony fixes **** to avoid damaging your disk drive. Just be sure to manually upload your local game saves to PS+ online storage as that normally happens during standby/rest mode.
Chairman7w likes this.

PSN/XBL/Steam/Etc: Epyon415
Twitter: @roguengames
YouTube Gameplay Video
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply PlayStation Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page