Spotify Coming To PS3 & PS4 This Spring - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 8Likes

post #31 of 45 Old 04-07-2015, 01:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 415
So me mostly being lazy, but can you run this and a game at the same time? I attempted it briefly while playing bloodborne, but got a message of the game having to suspend. I was too far into a dungeon to actually test it out.

PSN/XBL/Steam/Etc: Epyon415
Twitter: @roguengames
YouTube Gameplay Video
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 Old 04-07-2015, 01:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 312 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post
So me mostly being lazy, but can you run this and a game at the same time? I attempted it briefly while playing bloodborne, but got a message of the game having to suspend. I was too far into a dungeon to actually test it out.
Not a large sample size but I play it in the background as I play Driveclub and have not had an issue.

Ed
Panasonic 65ST60, Onkyo TX-RZ830 5.1.2, OPPO BDP-83 region free, Xbox One X scorpio, PS4, eD[c]12 LCR, Klipsch R-14M surrounds, Rythmik FV15HP

Xbox GT / PSN ID - Smigro
post #33 of 45 Old 04-07-2015, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 118
I've been using it on my headphones up until now and I realized that I cannot get my subwoofer to kick on for anything. And it's only coming out of my front 2 speakers even though my receiver says Dolby DTS 5.1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 45 Old 04-07-2015, 06:16 PM
DC7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrellG View Post
I've been using it on my headphones up until now and I realized that I cannot get my subwoofer to kick on for anything. And it's only coming out of my front 2 speakers even though my receiver says Dolby DTS 5.1.

Yep! That's the biggest problem with this app IMO. Something about the stream will not let an AVR upconvert to 5.1 or above. I can only get 2.1 out of mine. I have my PS4 set to bitstream DTS. Your sub should be working with the stream though. Given the lack of audio adjustment via the app I don't have any ideas other than changing the sound format of your AVR or turning up the music volume by holding down the ps button for a sec or two.
post #35 of 45 Old 04-08-2015, 09:06 AM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post
You can. I usually start of Spotify first and then start the game. Even if you have to suspend the game is just takes you right back to the part you are playing. I have to do it all the time because for some reason Spotify just quits working and I have to restart the app.
post #36 of 45 Old 04-08-2015, 11:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
You can. I usually start of Spotify first and then start the game. Even if you have to suspend the game is just takes you right back to the part you are playing. I have to do it all the time because for some reason Spotify just quits working and I have to restart the app.
If you have the Spotify app running on the PS4, you can just load the Spotify app up on a smart phone or tablet and click little speaker icon in the lower left. From there you can then select your PS4 as the playback device and then use your phone/tablet to control Spotify.

My buddy told me this the other and it has been invaluable. It makes it so easy easy like/dislike, scroll, etc. within the app without ever suspending what you are doing.
usc_yogi likes this.

Ed
Panasonic 65ST60, Onkyo TX-RZ830 5.1.2, OPPO BDP-83 region free, Xbox One X scorpio, PS4, eD[c]12 LCR, Klipsch R-14M surrounds, Rythmik FV15HP

post #37 of 45 Old 04-08-2015, 04:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Has anyone noticed that the quality is not as good as Music Unlimited??? I just signed up with spotify premium because I was using Music Unlimited for years and had to choice to try spotify since I need it for my PS3 since I stream throughout my house.

Does anyone know what compression music unlimited used?

I am very disapointed we lost music unlimited to spotify. I heard there are better ones out there but PS3 just has spotify app.
post #38 of 45 Old 04-09-2015, 05:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

So I have been using this app to stream music in the background while I game and for that it it nice but I do have an issue that I am trying to get sorted out. This is my first time using Spotify so I am guessing I just have to learn some of it quirks.

The one thing that really annoys me is that when you select playlist (i.e. 00's rock, 90's hip hop, etc.) or even play radio not only does it play the same songs over and over every time you listen but it also in most cases starts with the same songs every time even if I select the icon.

Does anyone have any suggestions to make this work in the way that Pandora or Slacker does where it actually plays different music from time to time. I am getting tired of hearing the same songs day after day after day...

Ed

post #39 of 45 Old 04-09-2015, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post
So I have been using this app to stream music in the background while I game and for that it it nice but I do have an issue that I am trying to get sorted out. This is my first time using Spotify so I am guessing I just have to learn some of it quirks.

The one thing that really annoys me is that when you select playlist (i.e. 00's rock, 90's hip hop, etc.) or even play radio not only does it play the same songs over and over every time you listen but it also in most cases starts with the same songs every time even if I select the icon.

Does anyone have any suggestions to make this work in the way that Pandora or Slacker does where it actually plays different music from time to time. I am getting tired of hearing the same songs day after day after day...
They update the playlists a few times a week but mostly, they are the same songs. Just try another playlist I guess. It's not like Pandora where it chooses songs based on what you like.
post #40 of 45 Old 04-09-2015, 12:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrellG View Post
They update the playlists a few times a week but mostly, they are the same songs. Just try another playlist I guess. It's not like Pandora where it chooses songs based on what you like.
Thanks for the info, I can see me scrapping this and doing what I did before...using my iPad to play music. Not really a fan of how they do that...much prefer how Pandora and Slacker operate.

Ed

post #41 of 45 Old 04-10-2015, 09:10 AM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post
Thanks for the info, I can see me scrapping this and doing what I did before...using my iPad to play music. Not really a fan of how they do that...much prefer how Pandora and Slacker operate.
I agree that it is not a very good free service at least. I would much rather have the Pandora app like I had on the PS3. The only saving grace is that I can play a game, be in party chat, and still hear music through my headphones instead of having to playing it on my phone or iPad beside me.
post #42 of 45 Old 05-17-2015, 09:43 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
What's odd, with my audio set to PCM on the PS4, I got 5.1 speakers showing on my receiver, but it was only coming out of two speakers. This prevented me from using my audio receiver's surround decode modes like I can with Pandora, which I stream from another device. Another thing that blows is unlike free Pandora, which gives me a one short commercial once every 30-45 minutes, with free Spotify, I get a commercial after every 1 or 2 songs, though so far the commercial is the same one on upgrading to premium. I also don't see a way to access a radio mode with this app.
Hi, has anyone found a workaround for this? I have the exact same issue. I have been playing around with my AVR and my audio settings but no luck so far. My ps4 is connected through HDMI directly to my AVR; with lpcm or bitstream I only get sound through 2 speakers ( even though my AVR shows 5.1).
post #43 of 45 Old 10-12-2015, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I just recently signed up for the 2 month free trial on the PS4. I've been a free pandora listener for years...and I immediately noticed a difference, and I think I'm hooked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottvamp View Post
Spotify wrote me back through Facebook and on the Playstation as a premium customer it is automatically streamed at the 320kbps. Something I have noticed is the large change in volume on different songs. Pandora does not have that issue.
Thanks for mentioning this, as I was wondering myself.
post #44 of 45 Old 10-12-2015, 10:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 673 Post(s)
Liked: 639
Spotify is cool, but I find it really hard to justify paying more for a music streaming service than I do for Netflix.
post #45 of 45 Old 10-12-2015, 10:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 579
Wait, a two month free trial? No wonder they haven't charged my CC yet! lol

Yippee-ki-yay...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply PlayStation Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version