Star Wars: Battlefront - Page 9 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 309Likes

post #241 of 824 Old 10-13-2015, 09:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by icelt View Post
resulted in me cancelling my pre-order!
Same here. Sluggish and boring. The audio was top-notch, but that just didn't matter enough.

PSN = ChitownJackalope
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 824 Old 10-13-2015, 09:41 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash525 View Post
They really need to randomize where stuff is even the hero power ups are fixed. I was Luke 3 times in one game and Vader 3 times in another. The power ups move on each of the 3 sections. Really sad that they didn't bother to try to randomize it.
I finally just noticed that last night. I've been playing since the beta launched. I had only been a hero a few times. Last night, I was Luke for the first time and ended up 3 times in a row like you. I kept seeing the hero power up in the same location in the ditch. I really hope DICE randomizes it. Once everyone figures out where they spawn, you will have people camping out.
post #243 of 824 Old 10-13-2015, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
Vee shall zee what the pass brings. Battlefield passes are typically pretty good. Well, good in that I put hundreds of hours into the games so another $50 isn't bad. I quit buying COD dlc though. Putting only 20 hours or so into MP really douses my desire to buy dlc there.

Regardless I'm going to wait on the pass and see how long everyone sticks with the game. Had fun on the beta but everyone seems really mixed.
If the Star Wars pass is anything like the Battlefield passes, I think $50 isn't bad at all. I'm going to wait and see before I purchase it though. I had a blast playing the beta. I've been waiting to play a new shooter. I didn't enjoy the Battlefield Hardline beta so I skipped it. It was the first time I didn't get a game in the Battlefield series. The cops and robbers theme just didn't do it for me. Everyone I know who played the Battlefront beta really liked it a lot. November 17 can't come soon enough.
Chairman7w likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #244 of 824 Old 10-13-2015, 10:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Pretty much my thoughts exactly. $50 is fine for me, if you get what you got with the BF Premiums. Heck, there's stuff still coming out for BF4. I can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltsfan21 View Post
If the Star Wars pass is anything like the Battlefield passes, I think $50 isn't bad at all. I'm going to wait and see before I purchase it though. I had a blast playing the beta. I've been waiting to play a new shooter. I didn't enjoy the Battlefield Hardline beta so I skipped it. It was the first time I didn't get a game in the Battlefield series. The cops and robbers theme just didn't do it for me. Everyone I know who played the Battlefront beta really liked it a lot. November 17 can't come soon enough.

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #245 of 824 Old 10-13-2015, 11:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 345
So does the Best Buy gamers club drop the price at all on a season pass?
post #246 of 824 Old 10-13-2015, 11:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrazyclown View Post
This game looks epic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon_Labe View Post
I have never pre-ordered a game in my lifetime, but I did so on this title with Amazon. I will be taking a sick day on Nov 17th. I was seven when I saw Star Wars in 1977, and it defined my youth growing up playing with all the action figures and toys. This will be a great mid-life crisis game
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
There is some sort of SP or Co-op mode, I think it's a survivor mode. I could see myself playing it for chuckles.

I just watched this:
https://youtu.be/jXU5k4U8x20

Something just seems off to me. I just don't have the excitement that I had for BF4, and I really like Star Wars. What am I missing?
No doubt playing with friends will be a huge element, but it's almost like it feels F2P.

It definitely seems more kid friendly, there is shooting, but the violence is in line with Star Wars, not that that means I'll let my 6yo play it but I can definitely see parents letting their 6+YOs play this.

I agree that this game could have epic moments and that is why I am definitely in. Going all in too. Season pass I guess.

I was born in 1977, so Star Wars had a large part in my youth as well. That definitely is a hook in me too.

I liked the beta pretty well I think. I actually mainly played in 3rd person too.

I just think there is the possibility of long stretches of single handily owning the opposing team, even if your team sucks. You just have to know what to do and how to do it.

I never really got around to totally figuring everything out in the beta, but I am left with wanting to get really good at this game. The idea of getting better has definitely peaked my interest and has always been the main driving force behind my multiplayer experiences.

For example, every time I was a Hero (Luke or Darth) I basically died right away. But I went up against Darth on the enemy team a few times and those guy(s) were staying alive a really long time, by seemingly playing conservatively by backing up and deflecting shots back into people.

That video of PS4 gameplay, now that we have played the beta and understand what was going on in the video, just leaves me wanting to play some more. Yeah it was choreographed like Dice does, but it does a good job of showing people how the game should be played and does a good job of showing that this game can definitely be epic.

IMO there's just so much possible epicness to be tapped into with this game that I am in.

Last edited by mphfrom77; 10-13-2015 at 11:35 AM.
post #247 of 824 Old 10-13-2015, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 97
I'm going to hold off on this one I think. Between the lack of server selection, party system not working well, power ups in fixed locations, and spawn camping I just am not impressed enough to buy it let alone pay $110. Including the season pass. Kind of disappointed considering I'm a big Star Wars fan.

PSN ID : AVS Dash
post #248 of 824 Old 10-13-2015, 11:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Were the powerups in fixed locations or just the vehicles?
post #249 of 824 Old 10-13-2015, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 68
After the beta, I actually decided to pre-order, as with best buy $10 pre-order bonus and 20% off gamer's club, it comes out to $38 effectively so I may get at launch after all.

Still might cancel the pre-order as we get closer, but definitely dig the Star Wars vibe (characters,settings, music, sound effects, etc) and even though MP focus isn't my favorite, I had considered getting a Battlefield/COD before but this one is much more up my alley.
post #250 of 824 Old 10-13-2015, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post
Were the powerups in fixed locations or just the vehicles?
All of them are in fixed locations

post #251 of 824 Old 10-13-2015, 12:50 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9437 Post(s)
Liked: 6117
What does the Battlefront Pass get you?

57TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #252 of 824 Old 10-13-2015, 01:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 415
Is it normal in battlefield to be mowed down by a gun emplacement from over 100 yards away? On Hoth found myself being killed by some guy clear on the other side of the map, from what honestly looked like zero line of site.

PSN/XBL/Steam/Etc: Epyon415
Twitter: @roguengames
YouTube Gameplay Video
post #253 of 824 Old 10-13-2015, 02:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Liked: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post
Is it normal in battlefield to be mowed down by a gun emplacement from over 100 yards away? On Hoth found myself being killed by some guy clear on the other side of the map, from what honestly looked like zero line of site.
Their freakin lasers...duh...no bullet drop!
icelt, Dash525 and Cravit8 like this.
post #254 of 824 Old 10-13-2015, 02:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Their freakin lasers...duh...no bullet drop!

this guy....

ruling Star Wars logic aside ; atypical BF behavior??

YouTube Gameplay Video
post #255 of 824 Old 10-13-2015, 03:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1176 Post(s)
Liked: 970
Quote:

this guy....

ruling Star Wars logic aside ; atypical BF behavior??

No its not. You don't shoot lasers in battlefield.
Cravit8 likes this.

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - https://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
post #256 of 824 Old 10-13-2015, 04:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Star Wars: Battlefront

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash525 View Post
I'm going to hold off on this one I think. Between the lack of server selection, party system not working well, power ups in fixed locations, and spawn camping I just am not impressed enough to buy it let alone pay $110. Including the season pass. Kind of disappointed considering I'm a big Star Wars fan.

Leave it up to Dice to always find a way to eff things up.

In regards to the party system, why does Dice always try to re-invent the wheel? BF3 had it perfect.. Then they start trying to get fancy with Battlelog on BF4 and look at the mess they had to scrape with that. And now Battlefront also has an "exclusive matchmaking algorithm" that clearly is not working they way it should. Yeah, maybe if you're playing with only one other friend. But when it's more than two people, it doesn't work. Why not just have a simple pregame party lobby like Halo and COD have that works flawlessly?

Then you have the "one partner" problem. What if it's 3 of us in a party? One person is left to spawn back at the starting spawn point. The other issue with no boundaries where enemies have access to the whole map and they camp behind the opponents spawn?

IDK, I'm torn. I had a blast playing the game (and some rage moments too). It's like I don't want to pay my hard earned cash for the reasons I stated above but I'm already itching to play it and will be counting the days till it's released. My kid loved it so obviously he wants it because he doesn't see nor gives a **** about the issues with the game. To him, it's the "coolest game"coming out.
post #257 of 824 Old 10-13-2015, 04:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post
Leave it up to Dice to always find a way to eff things up.

In regards to the party system, why does Dice always try to re-invent the wheel? BF3 had it perfect.. Then they start trying to get fancy with Battlelog on BF4 and look at the mess they had to scrape with that. And now Battlefront also has an "exclusive matchmaking algorithm" that clearly is not working they way it should. Yeah, maybe if you're playing with only one other friend. But when it's more than two people, it doesn't work. Why not just have a simple pregame party lobby like Halo and COD have that works flawlessly?

Then you have the "one partner" problem. What if it's 3 of us in a party? One person is left to spawn back at the starting spawn point. The other issue with no boundaries where enemies have access to the whole map and they camp behind the opponents spawn?

IDK, I'm torn. I had a blast playing the game (and some rage moments too). It's like I don't want to pay my hard earned cash for the reasons I stated above but I'm already itching to play it and will be counting the days till it's released. My kid loved it so obviously he wants it because he doesn't see nor gives a **** about the issues with the game. To him, it's the "coolest game"coming out.
Sometimes you just need to get your inner kid out and just enjoy a game.
lodolfan likes this.
post #258 of 824 Old 10-13-2015, 05:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sometimes you just need to get your inner kid out and just enjoy a game.

Yep, you're right.

That's why I'll be preordering digitally soon.

Got to take advantage of that shareplay feature.

D'oh! Just realized I'll be returning from a business trip on 11/17. May or may not have time to play on release day.
post #259 of 824 Old 10-13-2015, 05:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
What does the Battlefront Pass get you?

All they did was make an announcement yesterday that there will be a season pass. Details of the content available weren't mentioned.
aaronwt likes this.
post #260 of 824 Old 10-13-2015, 07:01 PM
hsv
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Buying the game disc on day one if im in town. Holding off on the season pass though. May end up getting the season pass later on...
Theres nothing else on my radar that peaks my interest in November besides turkey.

XBL: TRAIL MIX A L0T
PSN: Trail-Mix-A-Lot
post #261 of 824 Old 10-13-2015, 09:12 PM

Quote:
You need to get one of those laser pointers and use it. You will notice it's line of sight and doesn't drop.

post #262 of 824 Old 10-13-2015, 11:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

you FPS gamers and your damn science!

YouTube Gameplay Video
post #263 of 824 Old 10-14-2015, 12:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

This ain't that Star Trek crap that gets wiped away in a time warp. This is a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away!
aaronwt, emartins and Dash525 like this.
post #264 of 824 Old 10-14-2015, 05:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

You might want to rethink playing with us. It gets brutal.

post #265 of 824 Old 10-14-2015, 06:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
You might want to rethink playing with us. It gets brutal.
Boo...come to the dark side!
post #266 of 824 Old 10-14-2015, 08:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Liked: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by icelt View Post
resulted in me cancelling my pre-order!

Kinda feel bad for dice hooking up with the devil in EA but this 1/2 a game for the price of a whole game setup EA is committed to is quite grating.
It's not just EA, the season pass for the new COD is $50 as well. I've also seen plenty of season passes lately at $40. The game industry will blame it on the rising cost of development and the refusal of the gaming consumer to pay more the $60 for the base game, they have to find some way to generate more cash. Anyway, like others have said, if it is anything similar to the BF4 content then I will not have a problem paying $50 for the season pass. With 4 expansions, if we get a couple new maps and 1 or 2 new modes with each one then that will almost double the content of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post
Yeah, maybe if you're playing with only one other friend. But when it's more than two people, it doesn't work.
What doesn't work because folks on Reddit have been saying that the party systems works just fine. I never got a chance to try it out. I've read that to get all 8 players on the same team, the party creator has to queue everyone up. Then each player will see a yellow number, or something like that, which is actually a game invite and must be accepted by each player, only then will everyone end up on the same team.

PSN ID: CrimsonNagus
XBL GT: Crimson Nagus

Last edited by rolltide1017; 10-14-2015 at 08:10 AM.
post #267 of 824 Old 10-14-2015, 08:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Boo...come to the dark side!
Its a tough environment for newcomers to join us. Our hazing is ruthless. We might not be able to physically abuse them but I think after the mental abuse we put them through the physically hurt themselves for playing with us. I like Epyon so I am trying to stop him from hurting himself.

My thought on the season pass, I am most likely in and the reason is because for Dice they run the games every 2 years. I look at it being $110 for 2 years. COD takes that same approach every year which is ripoff.

When is the last time we had a increase in the cost of games? 10? 15 year ago? I don't mind the $60 upfront cost and the add-ons later. If I don't like the game I don't have to spend the extra money. I would hate for it to cost $80/90 and include that stuff and the game sucks. Reason I like the Free-to-Play games. If I like it I will always toss them a few bucks but if I don't then no loss. Rocket League is a good example. I love the game and I really don't care for the new cars they are adding but since the game was free for me I don't mind spending the extra $3.99 while I am still playing it. Just my thoughts and none of you can get back the 5 minutes you just wasted reading this.

post #268 of 824 Old 10-14-2015, 08:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post

What doesn't work because folks on Reddit have been saying that the party systems works just fine. I never got a chance to try it out. I've read that to get all 8 players on the same team, the party creator has to queue everyone up. Then each player will see a yellow number, or something like that, which is actually a game invite and must be accepted by each player, only then will everyone end up on the same team.
We did try it out and we did have a few hangups but we were never sure if it was the beta or the party system. We did get 7 of us in one time but we were not all on the same team. I don't mind if it just gets us into the game but we need a switch team option so that we can all play together. Or at least an auto-join option like BF4 where they put you on the other team with your buddies once room opens up. This way you prevent the people from switching to the imperial side every time the Hoth map shows up but you and your buddies can play together.

post #269 of 824 Old 10-14-2015, 09:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 673 Post(s)
Liked: 639
Quote:
Just my thoughts and none of you can get back the 5 minutes you just wasted reading this.
Five Minutes?! What kind of remedial reading level do you think we occupy?
icelt likes this.
post #270 of 824 Old 10-14-2015, 09:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Its a tough environment for newcomers to join us. Our hazing is ruthless. We might not be able to physically abuse them but I think after the mental abuse we put them through the physically hurt themselves for playing with us. I like Epyon so I am trying to stop him from hurting himself.
Ahh its all so clear now. He's good enough to beat in PCars but not wanted as a partner in BF....Lazy Lazy your true colors are shining.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply PlayStation Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page