Forum Jump: 
 80Likes

post #91 of 228 Old 11-04-2015, 03:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm an Amazon Prime member and I just preordered it on Amazon to see what price I got. It looks like I'm only getting a $9.97. Total 53.99.

Guess I'll cancel the pre order.

PSN: Gu1nnesS13
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 228 Old 11-04-2015, 03:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 415
I wouldn't expect it to last. Thanks to, and sadly thanks to, the internet, Amazon will catch wind and correct whatever caused the error.

PSN/XBL/Steam/Etc: Epyon415
Twitter: @roguengames
YouTube Gameplay Video
post #93 of 228 Old 11-04-2015, 04:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Prime members get a discount of $9.97 if they pre order. Started last night I think and applies to any existing order. I ordered my copy when I saw the discount today but I'm sure Amazon will fix it if you got discounted twice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 228 Old 11-05-2015, 05:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1090 Post(s)
Liked: 432
Received an email from Amazon this morning, "You may have noticed multiple discounts listed as “Prime Savings,” but this was an error. You have received the special Prime member price of $49.99, a savings of $9.97 off the game’s list price of $59.96. Your pre-order is confirmed at the special Prime member price of $49.99."

Panasonic P60VT60 Calibrated by Chad B
Anthem MRX-720, Oppo UDP-205, Bluesound Node 2i, Focal Aria 936/CC900
MacBook Pro, AppleTV 3 & 4K, Sony PS4 Pro
post #95 of 228 Old 11-05-2015, 10:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
Received an email from Amazon this morning, "You may have noticed multiple discounts listed as “Prime Savings,” but this was an error. You have received the special Prime member price of $49.99, a savings of $9.97 off the game’s list price of $59.96. Your pre-order is confirmed at the special Prime member price of $49.99."
Just when you think you got a deal - you don't.
post #96 of 228 Old 11-05-2015, 10:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I just watched the launch trailer for this. It looks really good.
post #97 of 228 Old 11-05-2015, 10:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 579
And GameStop already charged my CC... damn, they're quick. Let's just hope shipping is just as quick!

Yippee-ki-yay...
post #98 of 228 Old 11-05-2015, 12:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post
I just watched the launch trailer for this. It looks really good.
It really does. Beware the "leaked" vids from a few days ago, because compared to the trailer they look like an old build or something.
post #99 of 228 Old 11-05-2015, 01:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Just when you think you got a deal - you don't.
Well...better than the original price!

post #100 of 228 Old 11-06-2015, 10:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Woo hooo!

So I've been playing Fallout 4 for a week. Now that I have new recording equipment, I plan to make a fool of myself and do some video stuff. Don't worry, the plan is to just have fun with it all.

My video plans (I will be showing console and PC versions):
- Do a full video review.
- A 1080P/60 video of Fallout 4 on Utlra settings.
- A First 5 wow Moments (does this sound like something you would watch or too spoilery)?
- How Settlements work.

All my videos will be posted over here early morning on Monday 11/9, subscribe if ya like: https://www.youtube.com/user/warcrow

Then I plan to stream to you guys early Monday morning too via Twitch.

Lame or fun? Your input means a lot to me.
freemeat likes this.

I Eat Games | Twitter[/B][/CENTER]
post #101 of 228 Old 11-06-2015, 11:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 765
I am interested in watching them. So you can't post any videos of the PS4 version or talk about it until Monday?
post #102 of 228 Old 11-06-2015, 12:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by warcrow View Post
Woo hooo!

So I've been playing Fallout 4 for a week. Now that I have new recording equipment, I plan to make a fool of myself and do some video stuff. Don't worry, the plan is to just have fun with it all.

- A First 5 wow Moments (does this sound like something you would watch or too spoilery)?
- How Settlements work.

All my videos will be posted over here early morning on Monday 11/9, subscribe if ya like: https://www.youtube.com/user/warcrow

Congrats on jumping into youtube. I'll give it a watch there and on Twitch if I'm free.

If you think it spoils the surprise then it probably does. Reviews that avoid spoilers are the best kind. Covering how the base/settlement works is a great idea and isn't a spoiler so gets my vote. Include technical issues you encountered if any (some reviewers forget those).

Break a leg.
warcrow likes this.
post #103 of 228 Old 11-06-2015, 12:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post
I am interested in watching them. So you can't post any videos of the PS4 version or talk about it until Monday?
Thats correct.

post #104 of 228 Old 11-06-2015, 03:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Woo hooo!

- How Settlements work.

I'll follow along.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

post #105 of 228 Old 11-06-2015, 04:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
I'll follow along.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
cool thanks!

post #106 of 228 Old 11-06-2015, 04:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Liked: 628
Quote:
Woo hooo!

- How Settlements work.

I think it will be fun to watch! Might I make a suggestion? For games on console that are 1080p/30fps, go that route with your capture device instead of 1080p/60fps. No reason to go 60fps if the game is locked at 30. I noticed this with your Rise of the Tomb Raider video. You're basically taking up extra bandwidth (and hard drive space for your videos) with those extra 30 frames.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
post #107 of 228 Old 11-09-2015, 05:15 AM
Advanced Member

Yay! I can talk about Fallout 4!

So the short and sweet version: It’s fantastic, but there are a few things that bothered me.

I recorded a spoiler-free review video here:

I also made a 1080P/60 video of the PC version on Ultra settings:

Also, I made a workshop/settlement tutorial because the game does an awful job t explaining…well anything:
kblee and freemeat like this.

post #108 of 228 Old 11-09-2015, 05:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

@warcrow - thanks for the info! This is my first time playing Fallout so the tutorial should come in very handy!

post #109 of 228 Old 11-09-2015, 05:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Liked: 628

Digital Foundry just posted an initial frame-rate analysis for XBOX One and PS4. The verdict? Both struggle to maintain 30fps in certain areas (surprised anyone?), with the PS4 struggling particularly whenever alpha effects come into play. The One has what I refer to as a "load stutter." It basically stops the game for 1-2 seconds when entering areas where it has to load new assets. It does look like the PS4 holds a better framerate when the frames drop on both (barring the alpha effects issue).

Based on the stutter (which may be patched out at a later date), I'm most certainly going with the PS4 version. The load stutter was enough to push me over the edge. I wish I had a beefy enough computer to run this though. Then again, both versions of Fallout 3 on 360/PS3 performed horribly AND had lots of screen tear. At least the screen tear is out of the equation.
Chairman7w and freemeat like this.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo

Last edited by Big Brad; 11-09-2015 at 05:51 AM.
post #110 of 228 Old 11-09-2015, 06:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Does Bethseda patch the console versions to improve some of the shortcomings @warcrow mentions above? I've never really played a Bethseda CONSOLE game.

Will they patch better textures and what not for some of those areas that look 'flat'?
post #111 of 228 Old 11-09-2015, 06:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Does Bethseda patch the console versions to improve some of the shortcomings @warcrow mentions above? I've never really played a Bethseda CONSOLE game.

Will they patch better textures and what not for some of those areas that look 'flat'?
They do patch, but I doubt we'll see an improvement with textures. More like bugs, load times and possibly frame rate.

post #112 of 228 Old 11-09-2015, 07:12 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

Yes and no, judging from my experience with them last gen. A lot of the game breaking/quest breaking bugs will get fixed. Some of the frame drops will probably be corrected, unless they're game engine issues. Other than that, I wouldn't count on anything being fixed. Skyrim ran at single digit FPS on the PS3 in a lot of areas. The civil war quests that had a lot of enemies on screen were probably the worst performing sections of any game that I played on PS3, with the game moving at literally a slideshow pace. Those issues were, to my knowledge, never corrected, and I definitely wouldn't expect them to increase texture quality or fix anything that isn't potentially game breaking.
post #113 of 228 Old 11-09-2015, 07:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 415
Quote:

No textures, they have relegated that to the mod community. Those individuals essentially build what the game should've looked like at launch .

Based on what @bigbrad posted im curious how the consoles will handle mods performance wise as i recall skyrim murdering most GPUs when running visual mods.

Glad the general reviews for the game are good, wish bethesda would make an effort to release a visually stunning title one of these lifetimes.

PSN/XBL/Steam/Etc: Epyon415
Twitter: @roguengames
YouTube Gameplay Video
post #114 of 228 Old 11-09-2015, 11:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 950 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post
No textures, they have relegated that to the mod community. Those individuals essentially build what the game should've looked like at launch .

Based on what @bigbrad posted im curious how the consoles will handle mods performance wise as i recall skyrim murdering most GPUs when running visual mods.

Glad the general reviews for the game are good, wish bethesda would make an effort to release a visually stunning title one of these lifetimes.

Yeah. While Skyrim and Fallout 3...and now 4 are good games in terms of content.........Bethesda IMO has been one of the worst developers in terms of technical. Their games......regardless of platform that I have played are riddled with bugs and glitches that rarely get fixed (at least by Bethesda). And when compared to other AAA tiles of their "generation" are not that visually impressive either.

Took a look at that digital foundry performance video........looks like this will be a PC purchase for me. The frame drops of the consoles looked pretty bad to me.
post #115 of 228 Old 11-09-2015, 12:09 PM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Buying PS4 for Fallout 4

I was dissappointed there wasn't some cool looking PS4 for Fallout, so I preordered the Battlefront PS4 and the Fallout 4 game separate. Just realized Fallout 4 comes out tomorrow and Battlefront next week. So, i'll have this game sitting in my house for a week with no way to play it. This is going to be absolute torture. What a bonehead move.
tdogroeder likes this.
post #116 of 228 Old 11-09-2015, 06:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbaggins View Post
I was dissappointed there wasn't some cool looking PS4 for Fallout, so I preordered the Battlefront PS4 and the Fallout 4 game separate. Just realized Fallout 4 comes out tomorrow and Battlefront next week. So, i'll have this game sitting in my house for a week with no way to play it. This is going to be absolute torture. What a bonehead move.

just go to best buy or gamestop tomorrow and buy a ps4, fallout 4 is free.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
trying my luck with sony a1e after what feels like being in jail when I look at 2 lg c7's I've had. Jailbars you can see in movies and games isn't acceptable for this kind of money. LG calls it "normal" maybe sony won't with same panel.
post #117 of 228 Old 11-10-2015, 04:56 AM

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaelSmith View Post
Yeah. While Skyrim and Fallout 3...and now 4 are good games in terms of content.........Bethesda IMO has been one of the worst developers in terms of technical. Their games......regardless of platform that I have played are riddled with bugs and glitches that rarely get fixed (at least by Bethesda). And when compared to other AAA tiles of their "generation" are not that visually impressive either.

Took a look at that digital foundry performance video........looks like this will be a PC purchase for me. The frame drops of the consoles looked pretty bad to me.
That is kind of harsh :/ . Their games do carry good story lines and general game play (i.e. they are fun). I think this is an example of when you make a good game and you literally need zero marketing because your first game was so good. I mean just look at the hype surrounding Fallout 4. It is incredible. It is going to win Game of The Year even with all of the technical problems. Oh I should also mention I dislike these games lol, I have never been a fan of the Fallout series. I still can't argue that their storylines and gameplay is on point. I do agree the bugs are annoying and unlike games that take A LOT more scrutiny (Call of Duty comes to mind) Bethesda does nothing to even bother fixing their bugs (not entirely but how often do you see a patch?).

I would also say not just frame drops, but the texture pop-in is crazy bad, when I watched a video of someone walking through the wasteland the draw distance was so poor. And I agree that the graphics on this one look no where near that good. I mean I saw a video in 4k (on PC obviously) and I have seen better looking 1080p content :/ .

Lucky for me my brother bought an extra copy so I will get to play his for a few minutes to take a look at the game for myself heh.
post #118 of 228 Old 11-10-2015, 08:53 AM
Advanced Member

It's def not a perfect game (see my review, above), but personally I think it's fantastic--but it's a game where you have to give it time.

Also if you're waiting for a package to arrive or are stuck at work, I posted another video of me playing on PC. I got into a little bit of trouble and may have killed an innocent gal along the way.

post #119 of 228 Old 11-10-2015, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Im thinking pc for this one,
post #120 of 228 Old 11-10-2015, 02:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 765
I have only played for a couple of hours so I need more time. I am enjoying it quite a bit so far. The opening movie was well done.

Super early impressions:
The melee attacks feel really sluggish so far (punching and whacking with a gun at least).
Gunplay feels on the clunky side after being spoiled by games like Uncharted and MGS Phantom Pain. I am not used to the VATS system much yet. The audio seems well done on the weapons so far.
Graphics = better than expected so far, youtube does not do the game justice. Pretty nice atmosphere. Some parts look really nice while at times can look flat.
I like the ambient music, fits the mood nicely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply PlayStation Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page