Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4) - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 38Likes

post #91 of 115 Old 09-30-2015, 12:19 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikazaru View Post
@warcrow , did Bluepoint add in the NG+ bonuses/cheats into Uncharted 3 that are in the first 2 games (skins like Fat Drake, weapon select, infinite ammo, Mirror mode etc)? I "only" played through Drake's Deception three times, because of the lack of this feature. Thanks in advance.
pretty sure everything is included in this collection.

I Eat Games | Twitter[/B][/CENTER]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 115 Old 10-09-2015, 05:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 491 Post(s)
Liked: 628
For those that picked the collection up, do the controls feel better than the demo that that was released? Something felt off to me playing through it, to the point that I canceled my pre-order through Amazon. Heck, I even played through it again thinking I was tired the first.
post #93 of 115 Old 10-11-2015, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post
For those that picked the collection up, do the controls feel better than the demo that that was released? Something felt off to me playing through it, to the point that I canceled my pre-order through Amazon. Heck, I even played through it again thinking I was tired the first.
To me, the demo controls feel exactly like they did in the original games, just at an increased framerate. By that I mean they are awful and unresponsive and I too hope they are different in the full version.

I don't know how many times I overshot the flagpole and fell to my death in that first part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 115 Old 10-11-2015, 01:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I ended up trading in Mad Max towards it (not a bad game, just not in the mood right now). Yeah, the controls still feel sluggish to me, but not as much so as the demo. Even then, I can't help but get hit with nostalgia when I hear Drake's Theme.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
post #95 of 115 Old 10-12-2015, 03:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 765
1 and 2 feel good to me. I deleted my demo so I can't compared. I am very impressed with how good these two look. Well worth the $ for me.
post #96 of 115 Old 10-13-2015, 05:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1089 Post(s)
Liked: 430
Has anyone seen any reviews?

Panasonic P60VT60 Calibrated by Chad B
Anthem MRX-720, Oppo UDP-205, Bluesound Node 2i, Focal Aria 936/CC900
MacBook Pro, AppleTV 3 & 4K, Sony PS4 Pro
post #97 of 115 Old 10-13-2015, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 673 Post(s)
Liked: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
Has anyone seen any reviews?
Take your pick: http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...ake-collection
post #98 of 115 Old 10-13-2015, 07:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hmm this is a tough call I own 1 and 2 but not 3....but 60 seems steep. Probably will wait for it to show up on craigslist for like 35 or 40.
post #99 of 115 Old 10-13-2015, 08:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1767 Post(s)
Liked: 4031
Finally played the demo last night. Enjoyed it, but not really blown away by the remaster. Didn't really feel the 60fps most of the time, and not as big of sense of "update" as I hoped. This was coming off playing some God of War III re-mastered (picked up for $20 at Best Buy), which had noticeable lighting and frame-rate improvements, albeit the non-engine parts are distracting.

The 3 Uncharteds are great games, but I think this one will be on the back-burner until I get the itch to re-play them. With new games just out and on the horizon, not sure when that will be. And I think this collection will drop in price, if not soon.
post #100 of 115 Old 10-13-2015, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 673 Post(s)
Liked: 639
I'll definitely be picking this up, but not sure when. I need to finish my Survivor+ runthrough on TLoU:Remastered, but I'm right at the end so that shouldn't be long. Then I have to decide if I want to do an Easy+ runthrough to try and get all the collectables and whatnot. Don't know if I care enough to do that... maybe with a really good guide but then what's the point?

Anyway, I plan on being able to finish all three games before Uncharted 4 comes out. Working backwards and given how long it takes me to get through games these days that means I need to start sometime in the next couple of months .
post #101 of 115 Old 10-13-2015, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Uncharted

I picked this up on Friday and although I'm impressed with the games I've noticed a bit of an issue. I'm still on the 1st game right now and I'm noticing a lot of aliasing when the I pan the camera around. Walls, trees, and everything else around Drake seem to darken during movement. I haven't noticed this on other PS4 games and I don't remember seeing this on the PS3 version. Anyone else notice this?

After reading up on Aliasing, I don't think that is what's happening. I'm still noticing an anomaly with the background though. Not sure what to call it.

Last edited by AncientAlien; 10-14-2015 at 11:01 AM.
post #102 of 115 Old 10-13-2015, 01:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I have played a decent amount of all three now. So far 3 is just as I remembered, not that fun. I am at about Chapter 6-7. The melee stick sucks on Uncharted 3, just overall it doesn't feel as good as 1 and 2 to me. I enjoy 1 and 2 so much more and they are amazing games and made the purchase worth it for these two titles alone. I do remember enjoying some chapters on 3 like the shipyard area but so far it has been dragging.
post #103 of 115 Old 10-15-2015, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientAlien View Post
I'm noticing a lot of aliasing when the I pan the camera around. Walls, trees, and everything else around Drake seem to darken during movement.
This is motion blur: it has been added to Uncharted 1 and it is adjustable for the entire trilogy on PS4... I believe it is in the video options. Try making changes, there are three choices for motion blur!
post #104 of 115 Old 10-15-2015, 06:54 PM

I picked up the Uncharted Trilogy on Saturday, Frys had a $20 gift card thrown in with the purchase, so I couldn't resist.

I'm 85% through Uncharted 1 on Crushing mode, because I really like the challenge to improve and it forces me to work through the game rather than buzz through it. It can be frustrating at times because you cannot run and gun or perform stealth take downs when there is more than one enemy around.

While there are still some issues taking cover in places, the game does play a little better than on the PS3 and I do appreciate it having a rock stable display. I can tell some of the graphics are improved, but it isn't anything that should make you rush out to replay it if you are on a budget.

However, if you've never touched any of the Uncharted games, I do highly recommend getting the Trilogy now because very few games reach the level of playing a movie and you will find it hard to put them down! It is some of the best money you can spend on entertainment.

I also like getting occasional friend comparison stats popping up: I am ahead of someone for blind kills, but behind them for head shots, etc.
Chairman7w, Zookster and freemeat like this.

Last edited by drummernrg; 10-17-2015 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Crushing, not btrual!
post #105 of 115 Old 10-15-2015, 07:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientAlien View Post
I picked this up on Friday and although I'm impressed with the games I've noticed a bit of an issue. I'm still on the 1st game right now and I'm noticing a lot of aliasing when the I pan the camera around. Walls, trees, and everything else around Drake seem to darken during movement. I haven't noticed this on other PS4 games and I don't remember seeing this on the PS3 version. Anyone else notice this?

After reading up on Aliasing, I don't think that is what's happening. I'm still noticing an anomaly with the background though. Not sure what to call it.
Yeah, as @drummernrg stated, that is most likely motion blur unless your TV is doing something to the signal such as frame interpolation. I'd suggest sticking with object motion blur only as I don't find the camera motion blur to look all that appealing. Or you can turn it off completely. Basically just go with what you prefer!

post #106 of 115 Old 10-17-2015, 04:07 PM

One additional thought

One more thing that I wanted to comment on, it is something so obvious that I think that any PS3+PS4 owner might overlook.

After bumping up the Dualshock sensitivity in Options > Controls, I must say that using the PS4 Dualshock feels really good, better than the PS3 Dualshock.

When I played a lot of Uncharted 2 multiplayer, I got the KontrolFreek joystick extenders which gave additional height and therefore resolution to my use of the joystick and it felt better. But that's not necessary anymore because I think PS4 Dualshock is a great improvement on the PS3 Dualshock!

P.S. I corrected my previous entry to say I played through on Crushing, I will try Brutal mode later.
post #107 of 115 Old 10-18-2015, 06:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

The jet-ski/barrel section in Drake's Fortune reminds me why I hate the first game so much. Seriously, who thought that would be fun? The way the controls are screwed up in the Nathan Drake Collection (the jet-ski controls like dog poop, as does Drake in general across the collection) make it a test of patience. I've tried upping the sensitivity but it still stinks, and it basically comes down to how they coded the dead zones on each stick. Bluepoint screwed the pooch on the controls if you ask me, opting to make each game control the same across the collection for coherence sake. Did they use the utterly horrible dead zones from Uncharted 3 and tweak upon that? I'm not sure, but the camera doesn't react like it should. Ever.

At this point I'm going to cut my losses and trade the game in while the value is still high. I feel like I'm the only one having this problem, as others have told me to "git gud," where as I'm perfectly adept at playing every other third person shooter in my collection. Hopefully Uncharted 4 controls more like The Last of Us, or else it'll be a rental for me.

post #108 of 115 Old 10-18-2015, 08:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 656 Post(s)
Liked: 413
Quote:
The jet-ski/barrel section in Drake's Fortune reminds me why I hate the first game so much. Seriously, who thought that would be fun? The way the controls are screwed up in the Nathan Drake Collection (the jet-ski controls like dog poop, as does Drake in general across the collection) make it a test of patience. I've tried upping the sensitivity but it still stinks, and it basically comes down to how they coded the dead zones on each stick. Bluepoint screwed the pooch on the controls if you ask me, opting to make each game control the same across the collection for coherence sake. Did they use the utterly horrible dead zones from Uncharted 3 and tweak upon that? I'm not sure, but the camera doesn't react like it should. Ever.

At this point I'm going to cut my losses and trade the game in while the value is still high. I feel like I'm the only one having this problem, as others have told me to "git gud," where as I'm perfectly adept at playing every other third person shooter in my collection. Hopefully Uncharted 4 controls more like The Last of Us, or else it'll be a rental for me.
I can always shareplay you thru it

PSN/XBL/Steam/Etc: Epyon415
Twitter: @roguengames
YouTube Gameplay Video
post #109 of 115 Old 10-18-2015, 10:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Haha, still wouldn't help as I'm just not enjoying the games as a whole. If just get to another section that you'd have to go through for me.

It doesn't matter though. I can't even start Shareplay as my upload speed is abysmal.
post #110 of 115 Old 10-19-2015, 10:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 656 Post(s)
Liked: 413
Florida problems! (just kidding...sorta).

I was excited by this, and actually kept my PS3 for these games. Ironically I still haven't bought the collection nor have I had a burning desire to. Streams I've watched sorta light that nostalgia fire, but reality reminds me, I just dont have time. Would get it for the UC4 MP beta, but even that just isn't pushing me.

PSN/XBL/Steam/Etc: Epyon415
Twitter: @roguengames
YouTube Gameplay Video
post #111 of 115 Old 10-19-2015, 04:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Liar! I said "Stop sucking a$$ at the game"" not "git gud"

I like the jet ski journey up the river for the visual experience. It could have been cool to just do that without enemies. I don't have a problem with the enemies or barrels, but probably since I played through it multiple times on the PS3.

I just got to the ice caves last night on part 2 and it is stunning!
post #112 of 115 Old 10-19-2015, 05:58 PM

Uncharted 1: River

@freemeat @Big Brad FWIW: I just worked on the chapter 12 trophy, Heading Up the River, and if you play on easy, you can pretty much bypass the barrels and enemies by driving straight through.

And now I am playing through on Brutal: it is aptly named, I'm not sure if I can do it!
post #113 of 115 Old 10-19-2015, 11:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

The Chateau level in Uncharted 3 is incredible!
post #114 of 115 Old 10-24-2015, 02:42 PM

Uncharted 1: Brutal Mode

Brutal mode is aptly named: I can't finish Uncharted 1: Chapter 4, Plane Wrecked!

When you are out in the open or aiming from cover, it feels like that enemies will hit you 2/3 of the time (from across the entire area) and that each hit is 50% likely to kill you. Health generates slower and there is no aim assist. When you pick up additional ammo, you only add 2-3 more bullets in your clip. Some classes of enemies will always rush and flank you and you have to manage them first.

While in combat, you need to place a premium on doing the following:
  1. rolling to and taking cover
  2. keeping your head down while in cover
  3. singling out and taking out enemies at distance
  4. ammunition management
  5. using your grenades to take as many enemies out
  6. leverage explosive barrels
  7. letting your NPC companions do as much work as possible!
Running and gunning as well as melee aren't options except as a last resort.

Taking cover is still risky at the edges or when you hide behind breakable cover. In some cases standing and staying further back from cover is a better option to manage the fire lines to/from you than aiming from cover.
post #115 of 115 Old 12-09-2015, 03:32 PM

Arrow Uncharted 4 Multiplayer Beta

Is anyone trying it out?

I am having a blast with it, moreso than with U3MP, and I still love U2MP. I thought I wouldn't like the sidekicks and mysticals, but I do now! The beta has a level cap of 8.

60fps feels good and the graphics are very good, so I think NaughtyDog made the right set of choices for trade offs. I read that we'll be able to remap buttons in the final release, I am still not completely retrained on shoulder swap and grenade (pack) changes. Overall, a lot of fun and I'm not a great player from the U2+U3 days in death match, but sometimes I've been able to be on top of the match.

I haven't figured out how to party up with people, though, so please PM me if you'd like to join up, I play in the evenings (Pacific TZ)!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply PlayStation Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page