Call Of Duty: Black Ops 3 - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 16Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 172 Old 08-25-2015, 09:18 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Overall I enjoyed the beta. The lag got a lot worse once they let all PS4 players download the beta. That has to be fixed. Hopefully they figure it out with the Xbone users.

The new specials were fun and annoying at the same time. They are cheap for the most part but I guess everyone gets to use them so I can live with that. It is just annoying if you get a streak ruined by one of their weapons.

I liked most of the kill streaks I was able to use. I'm not a big fan of the Dart streak. It is too hard to control. I would rather have the Hunter Killer Drone back.

I am not a fan of the black hat being able to steal streaks. I don't mind it destroying them, but being able to steal a high streak and use it is overpowered.

I liked the guns and the sounds. The razorback was my favorite that I unlocked, so I am sure it will catch a nerf as usually happens with the guns I like.

It was nice being able to hear footsteps again. I couldn't hear anything is AW except for the exo suits.

I am looking forward to the retail release.
usc_yogi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 172 Old 11-02-2015, 09:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Boxozaxu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,070
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked: 352
With the beta over, are there any other incentives/free stuff for a preorder? Thinking about waiting for the reviews and then deciding.
Boxozaxu is offline  
post #63 of 172 Old 11-02-2015, 12:01 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxozaxu View Post
With the beta over, are there any other incentives/free stuff for a preorder? Thinking about waiting for the reviews and then deciding.
Pre-ordering it through the PSN gets you the Nuketown map for BO3. Not sure about other rewards.
The_Panda_Chef is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 172 Old 11-03-2015, 12:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
mcclayton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I pre-ordered through newegg (got a coupon). Anyone know how fast they are with the shipping? Hoping I get it mid week.

How many here are getting Black Ops 3?

Last edited by mcclayton; 11-03-2015 at 01:04 PM.
mcclayton is offline  
post #65 of 172 Old 11-03-2015, 02:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
s1njin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Jersey
Posts: 1,393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 162
I've gotten every Call of Duty since Modern Warfare. I typically run 36-48 hours of actual played game time before I punt on it. By then the crazy twitchers have mastered the maps and invested countless hours into the game thereby thoroughly destroying my middle aged full time job family-having arse.

This year will likely be no different.
cardoski and Boxozaxu like this.
s1njin is offline  
post #66 of 172 Old 11-03-2015, 03:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Boxozaxu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,070
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post
I've gotten every Call of Duty since Modern Warfare. I typically run 36-48 hours of actual played game time before I punt on it. By then the crazy twitchers have mastered the maps and invested countless hours into the game thereby thoroughly destroying my middle aged full time job family-having arse.

This year will likely be no different.
That's why I don't want to preorder a digital copy. Can't sell it after.

I thought i was spending a lot of time during a month playing battlefield but then was kinda shocked to see guys put in 10 x my hours.
Boxozaxu is offline  
post #67 of 172 Old 11-04-2015, 05:48 AM
Advanced Member
 
crippldogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Yorktown, VA
Posts: 649
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 47
no cod for me this year, played the beta and just couldn't get into it anymore. The wall running, jumping bs is too much. I just want some good old gun on gun your done play.
PioManiac and Molon_Labe like this.

The Weekend Warriors
crippldogg is offline  
post #68 of 172 Old 11-04-2015, 06:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
s1njin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Jersey
Posts: 1,393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by crippldogg View Post
no cod for me this year, played the beta and just couldn't get into it anymore. The wall running, jumping bs is too much. I just want some good old gun on gun your done play.
If they re-did COD4 w/ HD graphics, I would buy it. 100%.
s1njin is offline  
post #69 of 172 Old 11-04-2015, 12:53 PM
EM3
Advanced Member
 
EM3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Logan, WV.
Posts: 593
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 68
I've been talked into getting this by a friend even though I suck at FPS games. Looking for something besides Destiny since I am not on a regular raid team and I can't get the good gear. Any words of wisdom for a newb to the series?

This space for rent!
EM3 is offline  
post #70 of 172 Old 11-04-2015, 12:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
cardoski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Beyond The Wall.
Posts: 4,961
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2630 Post(s)
Liked: 2980
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post
If they re-did COD4 w/ HD graphics, I would buy it. 100%.

I would go for 3 as well. That game was fun.

Listening with Focal Elex headphones, Topping DSD Dac, SENCUN-audio tube preamp with tone control and Modded Little Dot hybrid tube amp with Voshkod 6ZH1P-EV tubes, Dual Discrete Op-Amp SS3602, and Alps Blue Velvet volume pot.

Watching in a room ensconced in velvet.
cardoski is offline  
post #71 of 172 Old 11-04-2015, 01:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
s1njin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Jersey
Posts: 1,393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by EM3 View Post
I've been talked into getting this by a friend even though I suck at FPS games. Looking for something besides Destiny since I am not on a regular raid team and I can't get the good gear. Any words of wisdom for a newb to the series?
The twitch will take time. You'll get mowed down. A lot. Persevere - it will get better w/ time. You'll have good runs and bad runs as the lag typically changes match to match. Sometimes you'll suck, and sometimes you'll suck but it won't be your fault.

Conversely when you own, it might not be because you're awesome ...
s1njin is offline  
post #72 of 172 Old 11-05-2015, 07:23 AM
Member
 
Benjammin172's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by EM3 View Post
I've been talked into getting this by a friend even though I suck at FPS games. Looking for something besides Destiny since I am not on a regular raid team and I can't get the good gear. Any words of wisdom for a newb to the series?
Learn the maps, figure out where the enemies comes from, and learn where the choke points are. Even if your reflexes aren't as good as some, you can do pretty well just by knowing when enemies are likely to be coming around a corner.
Benjammin172 is offline  
post #73 of 172 Old 11-05-2015, 10:44 AM
Advanced Member
 
Radio81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 793
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post
If they re-did COD4 w/ HD graphics, I would buy it. 100%.
I would definitely purchase this without hesitation. MW & MW2 with all maps included in one game.

I don’t know that I would enjoy it as much now as I did back then, however. For me, that was more about the time period and IMO nothing else on console before MW had that kind of multiplayer experience. The only game prior that had given me that same addiction was Counter-Strike on PC.

I’m probably in the minority here, but I enjoyed AW and thought the multiplayer was a godsend compared to the garbage that is COD: Ghosts.

I preordered the digital deluxe edition for Black Ops 3 on PS4. I usually don’t do that, but wanted nuketown and the included BO3 theme, and I figured I’ll eventually end up with the season pass, so may as well just get it all in one purchase right now.
Radio81 is offline  
post #74 of 172 Old 11-05-2015, 10:54 AM
Advanced Member
 
mcclayton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio81 View Post
I would definitely purchase this without hesitation. MW & MW2 with all maps included in one game.

I don’t know that I would enjoy it as much now as I did back then, however. For me, that was more about the time period and IMO nothing else on console before MW had that kind of multiplayer experience. The only game prior that had given me that same addiction was Counter-Strike on PC.

I’m probably in the minority here, but I enjoyed AW and thought the multiplayer was a godsend compared to the garbage that is COD: Ghosts.

I preordered the digital deluxe edition for Black Ops 3 on PS4. I usually don’t do that, but wanted nuketown and the included BO3 theme, and I figured I’ll eventually end up with the season pass, so may as well just get it all in one purchase right now.
What's your psn? I mostly play ground war though.
mcclayton is offline  
post #75 of 172 Old 11-05-2015, 11:01 AM
Advanced Member
 
Radio81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 793
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclayton View Post
What's your psn? I mostly play ground war though.
SixgunSuperman
Radio81 is offline  
post #76 of 172 Old 11-05-2015, 11:03 AM
Advanced Member
 
mcclayton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio81 View Post
SixgunSuperman
I'll message avs when I add you later.
mcclayton is offline  
post #77 of 172 Old 11-05-2015, 11:19 AM
Senior Member
 
rs600cubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 375
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I'll be looking for people to play with regularly if anyone's interested.

My psn is: xx_shiv_xx

XBL: xxx shiv xxx
PSN: xx_shiv_xx
rs600cubed is offline  
post #78 of 172 Old 11-05-2015, 11:24 AM
Advanced Member
 
mcclayton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Oh, and my psn is - b2real
mcclayton is offline  
post #79 of 172 Old 11-05-2015, 11:33 AM
EM3
Advanced Member
 
EM3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Logan, WV.
Posts: 593
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Ok I will join EJMthree

This space for rent!
EM3 is offline  
post #80 of 172 Old 11-05-2015, 01:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
garciab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Princeton, TX - USA
Posts: 1,379
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Panda_Chef View Post
Pre-ordering it through the PSN gets you the Nuketown map for BO3. Not sure about other rewards.
Any idea how this is done? Will they email a code or will the map be included in the download?

bg
garciab is offline  
post #81 of 172 Old 11-06-2015, 07:45 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I am sure they will eventually give everyone the Nuketown map. I don't want it. I am tired of that map and really never liked it because it is too noob friendly and requires little skill and is easy to trap people in some game modes.
usc_yogi is offline  
post #82 of 172 Old 11-06-2015, 08:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
s1njin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Jersey
Posts: 1,393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Amazon borked my release day delivery of this, so now I have to schlep to Best Buy to grab my copy. I wonder if the Nuketown code will be in the box since its not a 'pre-order'.
s1njin is offline  
post #83 of 172 Old 11-06-2015, 10:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
s1njin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Jersey
Posts: 1,393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 162
FYI, looks like its the first wave of discs that have the Nuketown code. I got it, but I didn't pre-order the Best Buy purchase. Maybe the pre-order thing is hogwash and they're giving it to everybody.
s1njin is offline  
post #84 of 172 Old 11-06-2015, 11:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,252
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Liked: 929
What in the fk kind of bs is this? So I can't use SMG, shotty, s h o t t y, or shotgun for class names? Keeps saying it fits a profanity filter.
lordxar5 is offline  
post #85 of 172 Old 11-06-2015, 03:44 PM
Advanced Member
 
Radio81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 793
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclayton View Post
Oh, and my psn is - b2real
Added you but probably won't have time to play until sunday evening.
Radio81 is offline  
post #86 of 172 Old 11-07-2015, 08:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Epyon415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,034
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post
FYI, looks like its the first wave of discs that have the Nuketown code. I got it, but I didn't pre-order the Best Buy purchase. Maybe the pre-order thing is hogwash and they're giving it to everybody.
Nearly every day 1 release ive purchased in recent memory (not pre-ordered) has had a code card in it. Typical retailer specific ones are what i need really requiring a pre-order.

PSN/XBL/Steam/Etc: Epyon415
Twitter: @roguengames
YouTube Gameplay Video
Epyon415 is offline  
post #87 of 172 Old 11-09-2015, 03:58 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
What in the fk kind of bs is this? So I can't use SMG, shotty, s h o t t y, or shotgun for class names? Keeps saying it fits a profanity filter.
HEY! Watch your mouth! There are children here jeez! LOL, just kidding obviously but yeah I remember the profanity filters being notoriously poor last time too.

If anyone wants to play you can add me as Panda__Chef (that is two "_"). I am having more fun with this game than the last three Call of Duty games. My brother is going to grab Fallout 4 tonight and then getting the Pipboy edition delivered tomorrow so I am stealing his other copy haha. It will probably put a small dent in my Black Ops time but I am enjoying it enough to want to keep playing.
The_Panda_Chef is offline  
post #88 of 172 Old 11-09-2015, 04:01 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by garciab View Post
Any idea how this is done? Will they email a code or will the map be included in the download?
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post
FYI, looks like its the first wave of discs that have the Nuketown code. I got it, but I didn't pre-order the Best Buy purchase. Maybe the pre-order thing is hogwash and they're giving it to everybody.
Sorry this required a separate post lol...Pre-ordering is just BS in general. I never pre-order anything anymore. I didn't even pre-order the game, I bought it on PSN and in the BO3 store (located in game) it was just available for download.

And then to whoever said that they were tired of Nuketown, I agree but the only playlist it is actually in is the Nuketown only playlist. I downloaded it and haven't played even once.
The_Panda_Chef is offline  
post #89 of 172 Old 11-09-2015, 04:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Big Brad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Brandon, FL
Posts: 2,500
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Liked: 628
I wouldn't pre-order games, but Best Buy makes it worth it for me. Essentially get new release games for $38. If I don't like it I can trade it in the following weekend for $44.
tampabuc likes this.
Big Brad is online now  
post #90 of 172 Old 11-09-2015, 04:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,252
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Liked: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Panda_Chef View Post
HEY! Watch your mouth! There are children here jeez! LOL, just kidding obviously but yeah I remember the profanity filters being notoriously poor last time too.

If anyone wants to play you can add me as Panda__Chef (that is two "_"). I am having more fun with this game than the last three Call of Duty games. My brother is going to grab Fallout 4 tonight and then getting the Pipboy edition delivered tomorrow so I am stealing his other copy haha. It will probably put a small dent in my Black Ops time but I am enjoying it enough to want to keep playing.
I remember when assault was a bad word for class names which is at least understandable but these are just stupid...
lordxar5 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply PlayStation Area

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off