PS4 Pro HDR gaming problems - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 02-06-2017, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
PS4 Pro HDR gaming problems

Hi, I'm about at my wits end with this but when I am playing games in HDR on my PS4 Pro and go into darker areas I see a bunch of white flashing pixels. Theres a video of it on youtube but it wont allow me to post the link here. The title of the video is "Playstation 4 Pro White Sparkling Artifacts" if anyone wanted to view it to understand what I mean.

My tv is an LG OLED 4k UHD 55" and it's the E6 version of it and I've tried everything I could possibly do. I bought a new HDMI cable, tried different inputs and even messing around with the PS4 settings and my TV settings. The weird thing is that when I play games in HDR on my XBOX One S it does not do this at all. Any help or advice that anyone could give would be greatly appreciated before I try getting a new PS4 pro to see if it's just my console.

Also it did this when playing games not in hdr when I had RGB range set to full and my blacklight level on my tv was set to low. Setting RGB range to limited solved the issue but sadly it doesn't fix it for HDR games.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 02-06-2017, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenmaster35 View Post
Hi, I'm about at my wits end with this but when I am playing games in HDR on my PS4 Pro and go into darker areas I see a bunch of white flashing pixels. Theres a video of it on youtube but it wont allow me to post the link here. The title of the video is "Playstation 4 Pro White Sparkling Artifacts" if anyone wanted to view it to understand what I mean.

My tv is an LG OLED 4k UHD 55" and it's the E6 version of it and I've tried everything I could possibly do. I bought a new HDMI cable, tried different inputs and even messing around with the PS4 settings and my TV settings. The weird thing is that when I play games in HDR on my XBOX One S it does not do this at all. Any help or advice that anyone could give would be greatly appreciated before I try getting a new PS4 pro to see if it's just my console.

Also it did this when playing games not in hdr when I had RGB range set to full and my blacklight level on my tv was set to low. Setting RGB range to limited solved the issue but sadly it doesn't fix it for HDR games.
Sorry I meant "black level" not black light
post #3 of 11 Old 02-07-2017, 06:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 2381 Post(s)
Liked: 2772
The way you describe it, it sounds like the cable may not be up to snuff but you mentioned that you tried a different HDMI cable, so that is strange.

Have you tried using the same cable and HDMI input the Xbox One S with the PS4 to rule out it being either the other cable you tried and/or the HDMI input?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 02-07-2017, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

Yep I tried the xbox one hdmi cable and even tried different inputs. It's really weird but I have found a bunch of people that have the same tv are having the same problem. Gonna try getting a high speed cable today.
post #5 of 11 Old 02-07-2017, 08:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Have you taken a look at this thread?

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post49168121

It seems the PS4 Pro isn't setting the resolution and color space correctly on some displays.
post #6 of 11 Old 02-07-2017, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Yep I tried the xbox one hdmi cable and even tried different inputs. It's really weird but I have found a bunch of people that have the same tv are having the same problem. Gonna try getting a high speed cable today.
xbox and ps4 cables are junk even if they are rated 18 gbs. you dont have to spend a lot you can get good 18 gb cables for about 10 for 6 foot.
post #7 of 11 Old 02-07-2017, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Just got back with the new HDMI cable and tried it and it still does it. I think I'm just going to have to return the tv and get a different brand other than lg
post #8 of 11 Old 02-07-2017, 12:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Just got back with the new HDMI cable and tried it and it still does it. I think I'm just going to have to return the tv and get a different brand other than lg
Did you try the settings the user used in the link I provided in my last post?
post #9 of 11 Old 02-07-2017, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutelight View Post
Did you try the settings the user used in the link I provided in my last post?
Yep! I can get the flickering to stop with 1080p and 4k games by setting my rgb rang to limited as my tv black level is set to low except for Resident Evil 7. As for HDR games though I noticed it still in Final fantasy and Resident Evil 7. I spoke to LG and Playstation today and they both said that I have to wait for an update and that they are aware of the problem. I know though that with all the OLED series tv's though like the B,C,E, and G that nobody can fix the problem when playing HDR games.
post #10 of 11 Old 02-08-2017, 06:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1176 Post(s)
Liked: 970
I have the same tv but just the bigger size and haven't noticed anything like that when I played games with HDR.

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - https://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
post #11 of 11 Old 02-08-2017, 11:26 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
This is not going to be of much help to you, but I had the same problem with my LG C6 55-inch model. Noticed it in Skyrim. The weird thing is, I can't remember what I did to fix it. But I do know that messing around in both the TV's and PS4 Pro's settings, the problem went away.

So I wouldn't return the TV just yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply PlayStation Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page