Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-04-2017, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Confused With HDR Playback

Using my regular PS4 as I haven't yet gone Pro due to HDD issues and after 2 years I finally decided to start playing The Last Of Us again as I never got very far and got sidetracked. Well after installing the update file it automatically detected that my tv was HDR capable and I was able to play with HDR. I did confirm this as when I hit info on the tv I saw the HDR icon just like when watching a 4K BD & the game clearly looked like HDR was enabled, so it's working and looks great but I'm not sure how? Because for two reasons I read that the PS4 must be hooked directly to the tv and not through any AVR or switch for HDR to work and I'm running mine through my AVR, also I'm not using a premium certified cable on my PS4 like I am with my two 4K BD players, I figured why bother till I get the pro. I'm currently using a cheap rocket fish high speed 1.4 cable(at least I think it's 1.4)so how am I playing in HDR? Tomorrow I'm going to try Uncharted 4 & Infamous: Second Son and see if they also work with HDR.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-06-2017, 02:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozin View Post
Using my regular PS4 as I haven't yet gone Pro due to HDD issues and after 2 years I finally decided to start playing The Last Of Us again as I never got very far and got sidetracked. Well after installing the update file it automatically detected that my tv was HDR capable and I was able to play with HDR. I did confirm this as when I hit info on the tv I saw the HDR icon just like when watching a 4K BD & the game clearly looked like HDR was enabled, so it's working and looks great but I'm not sure how? Because for two reasons I read that the PS4 must be hooked directly to the tv and not through any AVR or switch for HDR to work and I'm running mine through my AVR, also I'm not using a premium certified cable on my PS4 like I am with my two 4K BD players, I figured why bother till I get the pro. I'm currently using a cheap rocket fish high speed 1.4 cable(at least I think it's 1.4)so how am I playing in HDR? Tomorrow I'm going to try Uncharted 4 & Infamous: Second Son and see if they also work with HDR.
Where did you read that the PS4 has to be connected directly to the set and not the AVR? I'm asking because that is what I have found on my own experiments with getting it to work, but I havent seen/read that anywhere. And did you enable the setting in the game?
post #3 of 4 Old 03-08-2017, 05:22 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Confused With HDR Playback

It was on PlayStation.com https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/ge...ow-to-get-hdr/. I didn't have to enable HDR as it auto detected my tv was HDR capable and I selected yes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-08-2017, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 151
I don't think it can't have an AVR in between the PS4 & the TV; it's that that AVR has to be able to pass an HDMI 2.0a signal, and most don't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply PlayStation Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page