Gran Tursimo Sport Limited Time Demo - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By pspoar

post #1 of 10 Old 10-07-2017, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Gran Tursimo Sport Limited Time Demo

Any else download the GT Sport demo that will run from October 9th to the 13th yet? It contains a pretty decent way to calibrate HDR properly for the game. It does have a demo you can watch of in-game footage.

I can't wait to give it a shot on Monday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-10-2017, 12:49 AM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 4
i have a question about the audio on this gran turismo demo, or just any downloaded games. i dont download many games but it seems like they dont have the same normal audio as regular disc-based games. i played 2 races in gran turismo and i dont think i heard anything coming from the back surround sound speakers, or the subwoofer, and the sound overall just sounded weak to me. is that just the demo, or do downloaded games just not have normal 5.1 surround sound audio for some reason? cause i dont think its my setup, normal disc games sound completely normal as does tv and anything else.
post #3 of 10 Old 10-10-2017, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by inopethflames View Post
i have a question about the audio on this gran turismo demo, or just any downloaded games. i dont download many games but it seems like they dont have the same normal audio as regular disc-based games. i played 2 races in gran turismo and i dont think i heard anything coming from the back surround sound speakers, or the subwoofer, and the sound overall just sounded weak to me. is that just the demo, or do downloaded games just not have normal 5.1 surround sound audio for some reason? cause i dont think its my setup, normal disc games sound completely normal as does tv and anything else.
You have to change the audio to 7.1, it comes set to 2.0 by default....

Sony XBR75x940D, Denon X4400H, Monolith 5X, PSA S3000i, Axiom M100s, VP180, QS8s, Klipsh R12SW, Polk MC60s, Sony UBP-X800, PS4 Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 10-12-2017, 05:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 196
I got it downloaded and managed to get a few races in. Mostly arcade, but did an online cart race. Very early first impressions are positive. Enough so that I have it on pre-order. There are settings for a half dozen of so steering wheels including my el-cheapo but glad to have Thrustmaster T80. I have not tried it yet. Set audio to 7.1, thanks pspoar.
post #5 of 10 Old 10-17-2017, 12:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by inopethflames View Post
Downloaded games have the same audio options as disc-based, no difference there. Demos may or may not have full audio implementations, just depends on what they decided to put in the demo. The downloaded version of a game is always the same as getting the disc based version, you just don't have to get up to change the disc... I get downloaded for games I know I'll be playing a lot, like multi-player shooters, ie Destiny 2, BF1, as by the time you stop playing them they're worth hardly anything for trade-in anyway. For shorter single-player games I might buy the disc so I can finish it and trade it in. All games install the full game to the hard drive now anyway, nothing is played off the disc anymore.

Getting ready for the jump into full-on theater build
post #6 of 10 Old 10-23-2017, 10:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 196
I was hoping to read reactions from other AVS gamers playing Gran Turismo. I remember when this game was a system seller. Well, it WAS always late, but a system seller nonetheless. Has car racing fallen to the level of being a niche game purchase? Just wondering because I'm surprised with the lack of posts.
post #7 of 10 Old 10-24-2017, 08:44 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtlots View Post
I was hoping to read reactions from other AVS gamers playing Gran Turismo. I remember when this game was a system seller. Well, it WAS always late, but a system seller nonetheless. Has car racing fallen to the level of being a niche game purchase? Just wondering because I'm surprised with the lack of posts.
I've decided to buy the game, based on the quality of the demo. Unfortunately my Logitech G27 is not compatible with the PS4, but that would be a whole other topic for conversation. With regards to the game itself, it looks absolutely stunning and game play is very good. But to this point I've only played with the DS4 controller. Happy to say that a Thrustmaster T300 arrived this morning, and I will be giving it a proper thrashing later this evening.

Still haven't tried the online aspect of this game, which is pretty much the entirety of this game but will be doing so in the very near future. Will report back once I've had some time to experience the game with the wheel.
curtlots likes this.

Sony XBR75x940D, Denon X4400H, Monolith 5X, PSA S3000i, Axiom M100s, VP180, QS8s, Klipsh R12SW, Polk MC60s, Sony UBP-X800, PS4 Pro
post #8 of 10 Old 01-19-2018, 07:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 66
I didn't see a thread for the full game so I'll post this here. I'm having edges of my screen cut off on all 4 sides, it's still playable but does cut off some info in the menus. I don't see a setting for screen adjustment and none of my other PS4 games do this. I also have an Optoma projector that I play on that doesn't do this either. Anyone have this problem?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180119_091242.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	989.0 KB
ID:	2348046  
post #9 of 10 Old 01-19-2018, 02:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by corey99699 View Post
I didn't see a thread for the full game so I'll post this here. I'm having edges of my screen cut off on all 4 sides, it's still playable but does cut off some info in the menus. I don't see a setting for screen adjustment and none of my other PS4 games do this. I also have an Optoma projector that I play on that doesn't do this either. Anyone have this problem?
Check your Display Area Settings in the PS4 OS? Make sure the arrows are not extending too far.
post #10 of 10 Old 01-20-2018, 05:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatcher View Post
Check your Display Area Settings in the PS4 OS? Make sure the arrows are not extending too far.
That was it, I was looking for something within the game itself. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply PlayStation Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page