System Type: 64 bit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-08-2018, 01:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I've personally never been a fan of AMD myself as of experience with their drivers.
I've always stuck to Nvidia and Intel.

But could you give a link to the PC itself?
wildbill136 likes this.
post #3 of 10 Old 08-27-2018, 10:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
When talking about buying a new gaming PC, you should always mention your budget $ and describe your expectations and tasks.

There are different types of hardware, which can be classified as top/high-end (in most cases unnecessarily costly) and middle-range which is suitable for the majority of games.

As for brands, I'm really good with Asus motherboard+videocard. Also if you buy parts and combine them by yourself, (rather than buying a ready workstation), should provide you with some extra discount, but it requires some research to choose optimal things!

Have fun!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 02-13-2020, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 5
is AMD good for gaming?
post #5 of 10 Old 02-13-2020, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedwilsononline View Post
is AMD good for gaming?

AMD with their newest chips have come a long way for gaming. Their new stuff is actually just about on level with Intel.
wildbill136 likes this.
post #6 of 10 Old 02-13-2020, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Integrated graphics are not good for gaming unless you plan to limit yourself to 1080p medium settings with no room for growth as games demand more power. The website pcpartpicker dot com is an excellent source for building your system. Look at some of the other builds by gamers and find something in your budget and don't be afraid to tinker with your own build either. AMD's Ryzen X3700 is a good place to start if you prefer AMD CPU's and their graphics cards are just so-so with no ray tracing support.
wildbill136 likes this.
post #7 of 10 Old 02-13-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookiegr View Post
Integrated graphics are not good for gaming unless you plan to limit yourself to 1080p medium settings with no room for growth as games demand more power. The website pcpartpicker dot com is an excellent source for building your system. Look at some of the other builds by gamers and find something in your budget and don't be afraid to tinker with your own build either. AMD's Ryzen X3700 is a good place to start if you prefer AMD CPU's and their graphics cards are just so-so with no ray tracing support.

Imo your really not going to be able to take advantage of ray tracing unless you get a much higher end card. Ray tracings eats frames.
post #8 of 10 Old 02-13-2020, 12:21 PM

With a decent Nvidia card, ray tracing in conjunction with DLSS works wonders with very low overhead. Even at 1080p with DLSS it's an interesting experience with spectacular visuals with games that support it. I wasn't a fan at first but now it's a requirement for my PC gaming since it's been implemented properly. I'm 4K/60 PC all the way and will not budge on that but I can empathize with gamers that can't or don;t care about modern visuals. You still have to consider what's on the horizon and how long one has before they need to upgrade yet again. Not selling it, just saying it's good to have since all games are going that route in the next few years. When building or buying a gaming PC you have to look at the gaming console trends since the majority of developers primarily develop for the latest console and then PC as an after thought or secondary. With PS5 and Xbox 2020 going full tilt ray tracing, you can expect that to be a normal feature on PC games moving forward as well. However, I will not buy another graphics card till they support HDMI 2.1 so hopefully that happens this year. It might be better to wait for that too if building new unless you are on a desktop monitor with display port and don't really game on a full system.
post #9 of 10 Old 02-13-2020, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookiegr View Post
With a decent Nvidia card, ray tracing in conjunction with DLSS works wonders with very low overhead. Even at 1080p with DLSS it's an interesting experience with spectacular visuals with games that support it. I wasn't a fan at first but now it's a requirement for my PC gaming since it's been implemented properly. I'm 4K/60 PC all the way and will not budge on that but I can empathize with gamers that can't or don;t care about modern visuals. You still have to consider what's on the horizon and how long one has before they need to upgrade yet again. Not selling it, just saying it's good to have since all games are going that route in the next few years. When building or buying a gaming PC you have to look at the gaming console trends since the majority of developers primarily develop for the latest console and then PC as an after thought or secondary. With PS5 and Xbox 2020 going full tilt ray tracing, you can expect that to be a normal feature on PC games moving forward as well. However, I will not buy another graphics card till they support HDMI 2.1 so hopefully that happens this year. It might be better to wait for that too if building new unless you are on a desktop monitor with display port and don't really game on a full system.

I really need to try a game with ray tracing then. I have a 2080ti in my gaming rig and I have still never played a game with ray tracing. Guess I’m too hooked on flight sims and RTS.
post #10 of 10 Old 02-13-2020, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0ltar View Post
I really need to try a game with ray tracing then. I have a 2080ti in my gaming rig and I have still never played a game with ray tracing. Guess I’m too hooked on flight sims and RTS.
Deliver Us The Moon and the latest Wolfenstein: Youngblood has some solid examples of it. Wolfenstein: Youngblood is free with Xbox Game Pass on the PC version.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Gaming Help

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page