Nintendo only gamers, is it seriously as bad as people make it to be? - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 8Likes

post #31 of 33 Old 01-15-2018, 02:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor34 View Post
Never played Dark Souls so I can't comment on that, just on other games I've played. I'm not overthinking it, it's simply:

Would the game be better or worse if the weapons didn't break all the time?

The answer is clearly it would be better if the weapons didn't break. It's the #1 complaint I've heard from all my friends as well. It's just super annoying to be battling 'whoops, sword broke again' and then have to switch to another sword mid fight. It's just really weird thing to put in a game that's so good otherwise.
It would be worse. Sure, it may be easier. Which would completely shift the balance of the game. The enemies would then have to be tuned to be 10x as hard because otherwise you could just wail on them with the Master Sword all day without worry. It makes you use strategy instead of just button mashing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 01-17-2019, 10:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I purchased a Switch and if the main diversion they turned out with was Zelda, it would, in any case, be justified, despite all the trouble IMHO. BOTW is the best amusement.
post #33 of 33 Old 01-22-2019, 05:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1092 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Great to hear this. I have a Switch hitting tom and the game I mainly bought it for is Zelda. Last Zelda game I played was the N64 game (Ocarina of Time I believe) which was one of the best games I've ever played, so hoping BOTW is as good or better. Looks amazing from what I've read and seen of videos. Haven't gamed at all in a few years. Can't wait!

Also want to play the new Mario in October and Mario Kart.
I bought a Switch for my wife for Christmas, and I'm just now getting ready to set it up for her. My experience is like Toe's. I played the Ocarina of Time on the N64 -- it was hard, but fun. And my wife and I enjoyed playing Wii Tennis. I did get a Cube, a Playstation, and an Xbox, but they weren't any fun.
I was pleased to hear that the Switch was a hit for Nintendo. Gaming would be nowhere without Nintendo.
Toe likes this.

Greg Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Nintendo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page