Super Mario Run announced for iOS - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-07-2016, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Super Mario Run announced for iOS

Aaaaannnnddd... it had to happen sometime, we all knew it was coming:

Announced today at the Apple event, an runner style game in the vein of Rayman Jungle Run, but starring Mario & crew. They even had Miyamoto on stage!

Not sure how I feel about this just yet, but that was absolutely unexpected. No one keeps secrets like Nintendo. Hop you're all still holding that stock you bought after the Pokemon Go bubble burst a few weeks back: http://www.nasdaq.com/es/symbol/ntdoy/stock-chart

Knowns:
  • Playable with one hand
  • Not free
  • "First on iOS" (implying android will come later)
  • Releases this Dec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo
“We have created Super Mario Run to be perfect for playing on your iPhone,” said Mr. Miyamoto, who first devised the Mario character more than 35 years ago. “Super Mario has evolved whenever he has encountered a new platform, and for the first time ever, players will be able to enjoy a full-fledged Super Mario game with just one hand, giving them the freedom to play while riding the subway or my favorite, eating a hamburger.”

“The App Store has made so many things better in our lives – the way we communicate, the way we work and the way we have fun,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “But for gamers of all ages, the story just hasn’t been complete without Mario, so we are thrilled that Nintendo is bringing him to iOS for the first time this December.”

Super Mario Run has a mode in which the player collects coins and heads for the goal, and a mode in which the player competes against the acrobatic moves of other people who have completed the same course. In addition, there is a mode in which you create your own Mushroom Kingdom based upon these play results.

iOS users will be able to download and enjoy a portion of Super Mario Run for free and will be able to enjoy all of the game content available in this release after paying a set purchase price. More details will be disclosed at a later date. The game has been developed with Mr. Miyamoto as lead creator for Nintendo. Nintendo is also continuing its partnership with DeNA for the launch of Super Mario Run. It will be offered on the App Store this December in more than 100 different countries, and nine different languages.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-16-2016, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Release date confirmed for Dec 15th (still iOS only), but some new details and a gameplay video were released this week. Curious to see what the free content will be, $9.99 isn't much for a Nintendo game, but certainly well above app store average. I read that N confirmed 6 worlds of 4 levels each (24 total stages), so it's got a reasonable amount of content. Thank goodness it's not an endless runner, but I'll wait to hear reviews before jumping in... auto runners aren't really my thing, but also I trust Nintendo more than I would your average mobile game company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo
The first-ever mobile game featuring the most iconic video game hero of all time goes on sale for iPhone and iPad on Dec. 15 in United States time zones. Super Mario Run can be downloaded from the App Store at no cost, and players can try elements of the game’s three modes for free. Once the game has been downloaded, a one-time payment of $9.99 (United States price) will grant unlimited access to each of the three modes in this release.

The game will also feature two other modes: Kingdom Builder lets you design your own Mushroom Kingdom with a variety of familiar Super Mario objects and buildings, while Toad Rally is a two-player mode where rivals compete to collect the most coins on a timed run.

Super Mario Run is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices running iOS 8.0 or later. Starting on Dec. 15, the game will launch in 151 countries and regions. Super Mario Run supports English, Japanese, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Russian and traditional Chinese language options.

Country list:
post #3 of 5 Old 12-25-2016, 01:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hmm, I will wait for them announce for this game to Android next year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-08-2017, 02:31 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I can't believe I just saw this, that looks awesome! Looking forward to the android version.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-22-2017, 06:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Now out for Android as well.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Nintendo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version