The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (98 metacritic) - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 11Likes

post #31 of 56 Old 06-30-2017, 11:14 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2012 Post(s)
Liked: 1406
I bought this game on my Wii U, all happy to play it on my projector, and did so for a few days, then waited for CEMU to rock it on my PC with better resolution and ideally 60fps, but that is very slow coming. I realized I just can't handle 30fps games any more, no matter how hard I try. Another thing I find extremely irritating is the fact that your weapons break all the time. I mean, come on. If this happened in any other RPG, where even good quality swords would break every other fight, I'd quit those too. So unfortunately I won't be finishing this game until Cemu makes it run at 60 fps and I can use a cheat to make my weapons last. Having your gear break super often is an attrition / economy mechanic that has been tried many times over the years and to this I say: If it didn't have this limit, I might even be playing this game even on my Wii U! Although the resolution and aliasing is pretty brutal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 56 Old 07-01-2017, 08:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 370
I get where you're coming from with the weapon thing and hoarded the good weapons, but eventually got past it. It's tough at the beginning before you unlock a bunch more weapon slots, but you get so many weapons that it's not all that big a deal to me later on in the game. I just had to mentally get past the block where I had attachment to any of the weapons, and then it was fine. But it does make the beginning of the game a little more frustrating.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #33 of 56 Old 07-07-2017, 09:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 764
I was annoyed at first by the weapon breaking thing as well, but man I love playing it on the Switch. The graphics look fantastic in tablet mode and they still look pretty great to me on my projector. I also got CEMU up and running but I didn't want to piss around with waiting for a new release every time Nintendo does an update (which seems to be all the time). Once you get the master sword/hylian shield you won't be worrying about breakage anymore. It's worth investing the time into this game for sure. I'm not done yet, but it has been an amazingly fun ride. My only gripe is that it would be nice to have some real dungeons, not just the trials (although I suppose the beasts could be considered the dungeons, but I digress}. Oh, and as an aside me and my kids are playing the hell out of Mario Kart 8. Wow, that is a fun game. I'm so glad I got the switch instead of Sony or M$ - that's what my PC is for. Metroid is coming, the new Mario, Dragon Quest, etc. It's going to be so awesome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 56 Old 07-08-2017, 01:59 PM
Toe
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 2661 Post(s)
Liked: 3382
Finally have a Switch on the way and can't wait to play Zelda!
citsur86 likes this.
post #35 of 56 Old 07-18-2017, 11:38 AM
Toe

I am only 9 hours in over 2 sessions, but I am absolutely LOVING this game! Such a great escape on the big screen especially. The sense of scale is incredible as far as the contrast between the high and low places on the map. I don't have any complaints except I cant find enough time to play!
post #36 of 56 Old 09-13-2017, 07:00 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 48
This game is so dang fun. I finally found a Switch in stock at BestBuy and picked this up with Mario Kart and the pro controller.
Toe likes this.
post #37 of 56 Old 09-21-2017, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastermaster View Post
I was annoyed at first by the weapon breaking thing as well, but man I love playing it on the Switch. The graphics look fantastic in tablet mode and they still look pretty great to me on my projector. I also got CEMU up and running but I didn't want to piss around with waiting for a new release every time Nintendo does an update (which seems to be all the time). Once you get the master sword/hylian shield you won't be worrying about breakage anymore. It's worth investing the time into this game for sure. I'm not done yet, but it has been an amazingly fun ride. My only gripe is that it would be nice to have some real dungeons, not just the trials (although I suppose the beasts could be considered the dungeons, but I digress}. Oh, and as an aside me and my kids are playing the hell out of Mario Kart 8. Wow, that is a fun game. I'm so glad I got the switch instead of Sony or M$ - that's what my PC is for. Metroid is coming, the new Mario, Dragon Quest, etc. It's going to be so awesome.
Question: I am using a generic WiiU wireless game controller, not Nintendos' game pad. Everything is going along fine until I get to a certain Shrine. The MYAHM AGANA Shrine. I get to the terminal in the shrine and I get a message saying, "You need the GAME PAD" to use, please switch!
Amazing...any suggestions? Can those generic wireless controllers TILT the images in the screen? If so is there a keystroke? I tried everything except buying a Game pad. Cheapest is $90.

ANy suggestions? THANKS Great game too
post #38 of 56 Old 09-21-2017, 07:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Why not just use the Joycons for the tilt/gyro-based puzzles?

Edit: Never mind. Forgot the game is on Wii U also.

post #39 of 56 Old 09-21-2017, 08:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreambo View Post
Question: I am using a generic WiiU wireless game controller, not Nintendos' game pad. Everything is going along fine until I get to a certain Shrine. The MYAHM AGANA Shrine. I get to the terminal in the shrine and I get a message saying, "You need the GAME PAD" to use, please switch!
Amazing...any suggestions? Can those generic wireless controllers TILT the images in the screen? If so is there a keystroke? I tried everything except buying a Game pad. Cheapest is $90.

ANy suggestions? THANKS Great game too
Yeah, I can't help you, unfortunately. I have a Switch. Anyone have a Wii U that can help out?
post #40 of 56 Old 09-21-2017, 09:56 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Yeah, I can't help you, unfortunately. I have a Switch. Anyone have a Wii U that can help out?
Game pad is unfortunately required for those puzzles. Sorry. You can still beat the game without it, just don't do the shrines that require gyro controls.
post #41 of 56 Old 09-22-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaL View Post
Game pad is unfortunately required for those puzzles. Sorry. You can still beat the game without it, just don't do the shrines that require gyro controls.
You do not know which shrines have GYROS...lol Yet, there is more than enough territory and game that I can play in a lifetime.....THanks
post #42 of 56 Old 09-22-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
You do not know which shrines have GYROS...lol Yet, there is more than enough territory and game that I can play in a lifetime.....THanks
I have another question for you....I just started playing..it's fun and aggravating too..Not like the games of 1983....

There is no particular "order" I have to follow with the game is there? Thanks
post #43 of 56 Old 09-22-2017, 02:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

No. The only necessary thing is the first set of shrines on the plateau. But once you get off the plateau, you can do literally anything you want, including going straight to the final boss.
qwank likes this.

post #44 of 56 Old 09-25-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
The new "Hero's Path" function just demonstrates how much of the map I've never even seen yet, despite getting all the shrines. I found a new stable I hadn't ever seen before, after 100 something hours. Haven't tried hard mode yet though.
Question: How do you obtain the MASTER MODE on Zelda Breath of Wild? Do you have to buy it somehow? Download it? How?
post #45 of 56 Old 09-25-2017, 09:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Master mode is part of the DLC:

http://zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/expansion-pass/

post #46 of 56 Old 09-26-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Thank you...What does "DLC?" mean actually? Anyway...Thanks.

I am not using a GAME PAD...Maybe I should get one. Can I add a Game Pad after the fact? It will allow me to connect to the internet, then get the DLC paks....

Thanks for your explanation...

Last edited by Dreambo; 09-26-2017 at 01:47 PM.
post #47 of 56 Old 09-26-2017, 03:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thank you...What does "DLC?" mean actually? Anyway...Thanks.

I am not using a GAME PAD...Maybe I should get one. Can I add a Game Pad after the fact? It will allow me to connect to the internet, then get the DLC paks....

Thanks for your explanation...
DownLoadable Content. Basically, the features in the link I cited are an extra $20 and you can download them from the store.

post #48 of 56 Old 09-27-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
DownLoadable Content. Basically, the features in the link I cited are an extra $20 and you can download them from the store.
All these acronyms...Thanks so much....
post #49 of 56 Old 04-13-2018, 09:22 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
BotW is well worth the price of a Switch.
post #50 of 56 Old 04-19-2018, 02:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I finally finished it after all this time. Too little time in my life but wow this game is so worth it. I'm going back now to collect all of the memories for the alternate ending. This is a system seller for sure.

Gear: The Brains: Anthem MRX 720. The Brawn: Outlaw 7700. The Fun: Custom PC w/ Logitech 27 & reverse mount pedals, Nintendo Switch, Playstation PS4 Pro. The Visuals: Oppo 203, Darbee Darblet, Optoma HD3300, Panamorph UH480, DIY 138" Curved screen using Semour Centerstage XD AT material. The Audio: 7.1.4: LCR: Tannoy DC12i. Sides: Tannoy IW63DC. Rears: Tannoy DC8i. Ceilings: Tannoy CMS 603/601 DCBM. Subs: 3X Micro Marty and 1X Full Marty.
post #51 of 56 Old 04-23-2018, 08:31 PM
Toe

Quote:
I finally finished it after all this time. Too little time in my life but wow this game is so worth it. I'm going back now to collect all of the memories for the alternate ending. This is a system seller for sure.
Very cool! Im hoping to get back to it at some point. Just finished Uncharted 4 and now God of War is up next.
post #52 of 56 Old 04-23-2018, 10:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Very cool! Im hoping to get back to it at some point. Just finished Uncharted 4 and now God of War is up next.
Lol I just finished Uncharted 4 tonight. Man that was an awesome ride! I have God of War, but I really want to dive in to Bloodborne and finish that first. I beat the first level which was insanely difficult and I've beaten all of the Dark Souls games.
Toe likes this.

Gear: The Brains: Anthem MRX 720. The Brawn: Outlaw 7700. The Fun: Custom PC w/ Logitech 27 & reverse mount pedals, Nintendo Switch, Playstation PS4 Pro. The Visuals: Oppo 203, Darbee Darblet, Optoma HD3300, Panamorph UH480, DIY 138" Curved screen using Semour Centerstage XD AT material. The Audio: 7.1.4: LCR: Tannoy DC12i. Sides: Tannoy IW63DC. Rears: Tannoy DC8i. Ceilings: Tannoy CMS 603/601 DCBM. Subs: 3X Micro Marty and 1X Full Marty.
post #53 of 56 Old 04-24-2018, 05:19 AM
Toe

Quote:
Lol I just finished Uncharted 4 tonight. Man that was an awesome ride! I have God of War, but I really want to dive in to Bloodborne and finish that first. I beat the first level which was insanely difficult and I've beaten all of the Dark Souls games.
That's a trip! Uncharted was fantastic! All those island chapters at the end were incredible.

I keep hearing great things about Bloodborne, so that's on the play list as well.
post #54 of 56 Old 10-27-2018, 11:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently started a second playthrough after a 1.5 year hiatus. I was blown away back then and I'm still blown away now. The game isn't perfect--it definitely has its share of problems (e.g., a lack of proper dungeons), but overall it's one of the most fun gaming experiences I've ever had. BotW was Nintendo's first open world game, and they knocked it out of the park. Can't wait to see what they do for the next entry in the series!
post #55 of 56 Old 01-17-2019, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Apologies, I think nothing about the Switch or WiiU and these may be dumb inquiries, however, is there favorable position to one over the other to play the new Zelda diversion?
post #56 of 56 Old 05-19-2019, 10:07 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Mariner View Post
I recently started a second playthrough after a 1.5 year hiatus. I was blown away back then and I'm still blown away now. The game isn't perfect--it definitely has its share of problems (e.g., a lack of proper dungeons), but overall it's one of the most fun gaming experiences I've ever had. BotW was Nintendo's first open world game, and they knocked it out of the park. Can't wait to see what they do for the next entry in the series!
I don’t think the lack of dungeons are a problem. The shrine system works just fine...

But, hey, I respect that. Zelda games are, siding with Final Fantasy, the series of my life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Nintendo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page