• 1 Post By david8613
  • 1 Post By tanis38

post #1 of 23 Old 04-30-2017, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 9
pro controller

Is it worth the money? What advantages does it offer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 04-30-2017, 07:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 764
It's way more comfortable than the stock controller so yes it's worth it.
post #3 of 23 Old 05-14-2017, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I have the pro controller and definitely prefer it. It fits my hands better then the dual holster thingy. My hands are L-XL and the dual thing just feels just a bit awkward in my hand. I think the analogue sticks are smoother, more range of motion and just better, face buttons are spaced better. It also has a good heft to it. I think I convinced myself to buy it cause I heard you need one to play mario kart with 4 people at the same time on the same switch, but I'm not sure how true that is. I definitely prefer it for playing zelda

Definitely don't regret buying it, just not sure if I would miss it that much if I didn't buy it with the system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 05-19-2017, 12:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked: 4030
I like the Pro Controller a lot. It painful that it's $70, but it does include motion control ("waggle"), Amiibo support, etc., and it's very comfortable.
post #5 of 23 Old 05-19-2017, 10:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Worth every penny IMO. It has the best feel of the 3 major console makers controllers. It holds a 40hr charge, so for $10 more than a PS4 or Xbox One controller, it's worth it. It feels much like a 360 controller, but IMO, even better ergonomically.
post #6 of 23 Old 07-01-2017, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Lightbulb

Hori is releasing an officially licensed alternative at the end of the month. They make good stuff could be worth checking out:
EddieS1 likes this.
post #7 of 23 Old 07-07-2017, 10:23 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by getme979 View Post
Hori is releasing an officially licensed alternative at the end of the month. They make good stuff could be worth checking out:
Link?
post #8 of 23 Old 07-08-2017, 02:04 PM
Toe
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 2663 Post(s)
Liked: 3389
Question...can the switch combined with the pro controller read through walls? I can place my switch in the theater if needed, but would prefer to place it behind the theater in the equipment closet.
post #9 of 23 Old 07-12-2017, 04:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Question...can the switch combined with the pro controller read through walls? I can place my switch in the theater if needed, but would prefer to place it behind the theater in the equipment closet.
I can test that tonight and get back to you. As it is, it's behind my couch and it works just fine.
post #10 of 23 Old 07-12-2017, 05:07 PM
Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastermaster View Post
I can test that tonight and get back to you. As it is, it's behind my couch and it works just fine.
I appreciate the offer! I actually picked up a pro controller and Zelda just now, but not sure if I'll have time to test tonight. If you happen to try it out, report back.

Last edited by Toe; 07-12-2017 at 05:13 PM.
post #11 of 23 Old 07-13-2017, 05:18 AM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soycrema View Post
Link?
I can't post links yet (new member) but Amazon has them listed. I preordered two of them.
post #12 of 23 Old 07-13-2017, 08:16 AM

It is called the HORIPAD Wired Controller, there is also a fight stick coming called the HORI Nintendo Switch Real Arcade Pro V Hayabusa Fight Stick. Both are available for preorder on Amazon.
EddieS1 likes this.
post #13 of 23 Old 07-14-2017, 04:41 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Thumbs up

Quote:
It is called the HORIPAD Wired Controller, there is also a fight stick coming called the HORI Nintendo Switch Real Arcade Pro V Hayabusa Fight Stick. Both are available for preorder on Amazon.
Great thank you! I'll look it up
post #14 of 23 Old 07-14-2017, 07:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I appreciate the offer! I actually picked up a pro controller and Zelda just now, but not sure if I'll have time to test tonight. If you happen to try it out, report back.
Well crap. My HDMI cable isn't long enough so it doesn't look like I can test it, but I don't see why it should be a problem tbh.
Toe likes this.
post #15 of 23 Old 07-14-2017, 11:47 AM
Toe

Quote:
Well crap. My HDMI cable isn't long enough so it doesn't look like I can test it, but I don't see why it should be a problem tbh.
No worries and thanks for your efforts! I'll report back after I try it which should be tonight.
post #16 of 23 Old 07-14-2017, 07:34 PM
Toe

Controller works through wall no prob.

Really impressed with the Pro controller and Switch so far! Really cool console and being able to switch so easily between playing in the theater, upstairs on the flat panel or just on the tablet is fantastic! Don't always have time or desire to sit down in my black pit theater so being able to fire up the game upstairs or on the tablet will be great.

I'm only 2 hours into Zelda so far and am LOVING it. Game looks great on the big screen and is making me feel like it's 20 years ago firing up Ocarina of Time for the first time. I feel like a kid again and I can already tell this is going to be one of "those" special all too rare gaming experiences. What a great introduction back into gaming after being away from it for several years now.
post #17 of 23 Old 07-14-2017, 08:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Controller works through wall no prob.

Really impressed with the Pro controller and Switch so far! Really cool console and being able to switch so easily between playing in the theater, upstairs on the flat panel or just on the tablet is fantastic! Don't always have time or desire to sit down in my black pit theater so being able to fire up the game upstairs or on the tablet will be great.

I'm only 2 hours into Zelda so far and am LOVING it. Game looks great on the big screen and is making me feel like it's 20 years ago firing up Ocarina of Time for the first time. I feel like a kid again and I can already tell this is going to be one of "those" special all too rare gaming experiences. What a great introduction back into gaming after being away from it for several years now.
That's so awesome! I felt the same as well. The game gave me that desire just to explore for the fun of it not to 100% an area or complete a task - just go have fun collecting stuff and cooking, etc. I also felt like the game looks great on my big screen and I'm actually going to say that I find the pro controller even more comfortable than my beloved xbox 360 controller.

I'm so glad I got the controller and Switch. Nope, there aren't very many games yet, but I'm so busy that it doesn't really affect me. By the time I finish Zelda and Mario Kart there should be a lot more good games available. And if there aren't...I'll just go start Zelda over again - it's that much fun!
Toe likes this.
post #18 of 23 Old 07-15-2017, 09:09 AM
Toe

Quote:
That's so awesome! I felt the same as well. The game gave me that desire just to explore for the fun of it not to 100% an area or complete a task - just go have fun collecting stuff and cooking, etc. I also felt like the game looks great on my big screen and I'm actually going to say that I find the pro controller even more comfortable than my beloved xbox 360 controller.

I'm so glad I got the controller and Switch. Nope, there aren't very many games yet, but I'm so busy that it doesn't really affect me. By the time I finish Zelda and Mario Kart there should be a lot more good games available. And if there aren't...I'll just go start Zelda over again - it's that much fun!
Well said and I found myself doing the same thing last night. I ended up playing for nearly 7 (!!) hours and I just could not put it down! I kept telling myself "just 20 more minutes" and another hour would go by.

I haven't even left the great plateau yet as I am having so much fun exploring up there. I will venture down below though soon as I do have the hang glider (which is awesome ). I can only imagine what lies in store!

If I didn't have commitments to attend to, I could easily find myself down there all day today I am sure.
blastermaster likes this.

Last edited by Toe; 07-15-2017 at 09:13 AM.
post #19 of 23 Old 12-04-2017, 07:57 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 67
pro controller is totally recommended and worth the money, I play Zelda botw for hours at a time on my 100" sony 45es projector and its awesome! pro controller makes it easy to play for hours... no cramping and it actually helps you play better...
M.L.S. likes this.
post #20 of 23 Old 12-05-2017, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I absolutely love the Pro controller. Feels amazing in my hands. And the battery lasts forever compared to other wireless controllers (looking at your PS4 controller!)
M.L.S. likes this.
post #21 of 23 Old 12-06-2017, 09:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Oops, posted this in the wrong thread yesterday, meant to put it in this one:

I gave in and eventually got a Pro Controller myself. On the one hand, it does feel really nice in the hand. Probably would put it second right after my Xbox One Elite controller (which is not a fair comparison at all when you consider the price of the Elite controller).

That being said, I play about 70-80% of the time in handheld. It really messes with my muscle memory when I attempt to spend that other 20-30% of the time (docked) with the Pro Controller. Things that I'm used to doing (and have already mentally compensated for) with the Joy Cons just feel off when using the Pro Controller to do the same thing. If I just use the Joycons (split) all the time, then I obviously don't have that problem.

The end result is that I barely use my Pro Controller.

(I've also read that some people have issues with the D-pad, but I honestly haven't used the Pro Controller with any of the 2D games where D-pad accuracy would be key.)

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #22 of 23 Old 12-13-2017, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
...there is also a fight stick coming called the HORI Nintendo Switch Real Arcade Pro V Hayabusa Fight Stick.
Yep. I had an opportunity to use this controller while playing Ultra Street Fighter II recently at a friend's house. I am now frantically searching for one (er, outside Amazon/eBay). The blasted thing is AMAZING!

Update: Found this stick at ToysRUs (if anyone is interested).
https://www.toysrus.com/product?productId=117832516

As does Walmart
https://www.walmart.com/ip/hori-nint...itch/241756028

- Eddie S.

Vizio M50-E1 / Sony STR-DH790 / Nintendo Switch / Playstation 4 Pro
Polk Monitor70 Series II (Main) / Polk CS1 Series II (Center) / Polk Monitor40 Series II (Rear)

Last edited by EddieS1; 12-15-2017 at 09:05 AM.
post #23 of 23 Old 04-13-2018, 09:19 PM

Liked: 0
Comfortable, quicker reaction time when gaming in comparison to what you get with the Switch controllers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Nintendo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page