Switch HDMI pass through audio issues - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By jhoff80

post #1 of 4 Old 10-22-2017, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Switch HDMI pass through audio issues

Anyone having issues since the last update with pass through audio with their receiver? Was working fine March to yesterday, then I updated my switch with new firmware. When I power up the receiver and have my switch on, no problems. When the receiver is in standby though and passing signal thru, the audio is choppy, cutting in and out every second or so.

I tried a few things like restarting switch (not sleep, but off/on), switching the hdmi cable, changing the receiver hdmi input, plugging into tv directly, playing switch in handheld mode, turning off hdcp etc and I only have the issue when the receiver is in standby mode. Not an issue for other devices plugged into receiver (ps4, bluray player etc). Fortunately, it works fine when the receiver is powered on, but as I often play late at night and don't want to bug apartment neighbors, I liked using pass thru and my tv speakers and was able to do so up to last night.

Just curious if anyone else is experiencing/has an idea how to fix. Thanks for your replies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-23-2017, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
In case anyone experiences a similar issue, looks like I'm not the only one. Hopefully a fix is released soon.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo...-audio-problem

http://www.gamesradar.com/looks-like...n-docked-mode/

Thanks,
post #3 of 4 Old 10-23-2017, 04:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Just tested it out to make sure I'm ready for Mario at the end of the week, HDMI seems to be working fine in both my living room (docked to an old Denon receiver connected to my projector) and bedroom (docked directly to my Samsung TV). But yeah I've seen a bunch of posts here and elsewhere with similar issues, so clearly 4.0 is doing something weird.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-26-2017, 04:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 370
4.0.1 out yesterday is supposed to fix HDMI issues:

Quote:
General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including:
Changed the HDMI connection process specification to match that of version 3.0.2 to address video and sound output issues with some TV models.
http://en-americas-support.nintendo....change-history
Kevuda likes this.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Nintendo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page