Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for Nintendo Switch Review - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
  • 1 Post By imagic
  • 2 Post By GalvatronType_R
  • 1 Post By nathanddrews
  • 1 Post By jedi1982

post #1 of 6 Old 04-16-2019, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Mentioned: 420 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8670 Post(s)
Liked: 15154
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for Nintendo Switch Review

*****This review was written by AVS Forum “ghost reviewer” Datsm. While he wishes to remain anonymous, credit is given where it’s due—it’s his review. Datsm put the time into playing Spider-Man (it’s a tough job but someone’s gotta do it) using a reference system that includes a PS4 Pro as well as a 65″ Samsung Q9F TV, plus a Dolby Atmos sound system with KEF R-series speakers and a Marantz AV7704 pre/pro.*****

Super Smash Bros. is a tentpole game in Nintendo’s catalog and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is the 5th installment in the series. Nintendo threw everything it has into this series, from characters to levels. While the Nintendo Switch cannot do 4k or HDR, this game is still worth reviewing as an HD game... Click here to read more.
nathanddrews likes this.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-16-2019, 09:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 200
The most amazing thing about Smash isa how it keeps its consistent framerate at full HD despite its inferior hardware.
peekatoad and imagic like this.

Marantz SR7010; Onkyo TX-RZ1100; LG 65UJ7700; LG 55B7A; JVC DLA-RS440U; Panoview 92" screen; Definitive Technology BP-8060ST; Definitive Technology A60; Definitive Technology CS-9060; Definitive Technology StudioMonitor 350; Definitive Technology SR-8040BP; Klipsch Reference RW-12D; Belkin PF60; Oppo UDP-203; Toshiba HD-A3; PS3 60 GB; PS3 Slim; PS4 Pro; Xbox 360 S with HD DVD drive; Xbox One X: Wii; Wii U 32 GB; Nintendo Switch
post #3 of 6 Old 04-17-2019, 01:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 514
My 7 year old and I absolutely love playing this game (can even get my wife to on occasion). The variety of characters, levels, and game play modes keep it entertaining. My only complaint is online multiplayer. Nintendo sucks in this area. Because this game is peer to peer, there are pretty bad lag issues and the match making needs some work as well. For example, if my son and I want to play together on our console but would like to play with one of my friends, the only way to make that happen is if we did a 2v2. There's no way we could join him in a "room" or he could join us in a "room" for a free for all with just the 3 of us.

The local multiplayer is an absolute blast though as you can have up to 8 people playing at the same time. We have had 7 in the same match and is utter chaos lol but very fun!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-18-2019, 07:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 600 Post(s)
Liked: 600
What's funny is I still play SSB:Melee via Dolphin at 4K.

A word to the wise: buy a pro controller if you're playing SSB:Ultimate. Your hands will thank you. Those Switch joycon controllers are just the worst if your hands are more than 10 years old.
jedi1982 likes this.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-18-2019, 09:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 514
Also, the first official DLC toon (aside from Piranha Plant upon purchase) was released last night. Pretty cool character!
Phantom Stranger likes this.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-25-2019, 09:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I could not agree more about audio balance. Completely forgoing sound effects and going all music is not an unreasonable option for this game.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Nintendo

Tags
nintendo switch , super smash bros ultimate

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page