PC GAMES thread - whatcha playin'? [NO SPOILERS UNLESS TAGGED] - Page 64 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 501Likes

post #1891 of 1899 Old 01-05-2020, 12:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
I played through Jedi on the hardest difficulty. Was hoping there was more to the combat and force abilities. But you get pretty much everything there is without spending points. I guess I was expecting more force unleashed. The special moves you get are mostly useless against the special troopers with the purple weapons.

I started Sekiro after that. While Jedi was hard on hardest level, this game is even harder, and the parry in Sekiro is the main skill you HAVE to use. I know I'll be starting over several times. I'm still early in, but apparently the more you die the more you make it worse for your play.

Think I'm on the 3rd or 4th planet, are you saying that you don't really need to mess with the skill system?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1892 of 1899 Old 01-05-2020, 04:29 PM
Yrd
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 540
Not exactly. You enhance your skills with the system, but there are no real new abilities besides one or two that arent given to you through the story. For example, the ability to continue swinging your double saber. It's totally useless, because in a situation with a group in close proximity, someone will have hit you before a secord or third hit will even connect. This may have been a result of the highest difficulty, making everything more aggressive. The abilities i found useless might work for less aggressive enemies.
post #1893 of 1899 Old 01-10-2020, 09:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 802 Post(s)
Liked: 748
Getting back into Guild Wars 2

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
NewAger likes this.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1894 of 1899 Old 01-10-2020, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 63
just finished mass effect andromeda, which I thought was pretty good......

Next up is The Council........ don't know If I'll like all the puzzles, but will give it a try...
barrelbelly and W3Rman like this.
post #1895 of 1899 Old 01-20-2020, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1833 Post(s)
Liked: 4092
The Christmas gift to myself was an LG C9 TV, and I've fallen back in love with PC gaming after being console exclusive for a year or two. The OLED tech makes 60fps and beyond games look AMAZING, best I've ever seen. But now my aging GTX1070 video card doesn't seem to be cutting it as well for modern games, so I'll be jumping on the next gen of video card with HDMI 2.1... hopefully this year before the new consoles, and hopefully not too expensive.

Anyway, recently picked up Assassin's Creed: Odyssey Ultimate on sale. I played through a lot of this on Xbox, but it's so much better on PC so I didn't mind restarting over again. Been playing it non-stop for a last couple days.

Also grabbed Darksiders Genesis - it didn't click with me for the first level, but once the puzzles and exploring kicked in, I started liking it a lot.

Continuing on Gears 5, but the PC version seems to hang for a long time (sometimes around 5 minutes) loading up a level, and on occasion completely locking up. I tried re-installing, different settings, etc.... gah, this type of trouble is the reason I moved over to consoles. So back to Xbox for this one.
barrelbelly and NewAger like this.
post #1896 of 1899 Old 01-20-2020, 09:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 802 Post(s)
Liked: 748
I like having the option of going back and forth on PC and console. Get the best of both doing that!
Though next Gen I'll probably skip the PS5 for a bit. Their exclusives just don't do it for me other than Drake's and I'm not sure I want to pay that much for one series

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
DaverJ and barrelbelly like this.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides

Last edited by Arutha_conDoin; 01-20-2020 at 10:28 AM.
post #1897 of 1899 Old 01-20-2020, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
The Christmas gift to myself was an LG C9 TV, and I've fallen back in love with PC gaming after being console exclusive for a year or two. The OLED tech makes 60fps and beyond games look AMAZING, best I've ever seen. But now my aging GTX1070 video card doesn't seem to be cutting it as well for modern games, so I'll be jumping on the next gen of video card with HDMI 2.1... hopefully this year before the new consoles, and hopefully not too expensive.
The PC Gods knew you would come back, as their allure is simply too great. Now be sure to skip the upcoming Sony/Microsoft consoles and instead buy an RTX 3080 Ti when available.
DaverJ and barrelbelly like this.
post #1898 of 1899 Old 01-20-2020, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1833 Post(s)
Liked: 4092
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAger View Post
The PC Gods knew you would come back, as their allure is simply too great. Now be sure to skip the upcoming Sony/Microsoft consoles and instead buy an RTX 3080 Ti when available.

Oh, I never skip a console release (except Stadia! ). But I'm also saving for at least an RTX 3070 - fingers crossed it will have HDMI 2.1.
post #1899 of 1899 Old 01-21-2020, 07:07 PM

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
Oh, I never skip a console release (except Stadia! ). But I'm also saving for at least an RTX 3070 - fingers crossed it will have HDMI 2.1.
On the subject of LG OLEDs, I found it interesting that this year's models will support 4K/120Hz with current HDMI 2.0 graphics cards. Apparently, the existing TVs will require 2.1 cards for that functionality.

4K/120 with G-Sync, HDR and SMAA displayed on an LG OLED is sure to be gamer's paradise. I'm saving my next Resident Evil 2 and 7 runs for when I can achieve that setup.
DaverJ likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HTPC Gaming

Tags
Black Mesa , Batman Arkham Origins , Grand Theft Auto V , Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Collectors Edition

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page