post #181 of 187 Old 06-29-2016, 09:19 AM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5986 Post(s)
Liked: 5115
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

So far the only game that I've had issues with SLI is doom.
Primarily an ID Tech engine limitation than anything related to nVidia.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 187 Old 06-29-2016, 05:15 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked: 613
For Doom you can try to enable AFR2 in the driver, I played the entire game in SLI and hardly had any shadow flicker (maybe 3x through the whole game). AFR2 may not work as well on the 10xx series.

Now the CTD's that happened late in the game and the stupid Dev mode bug, that's another story but not SLI related (it appears the first update is to be released tomorrow 6/30).

*** If you obtained the Dev. Mode bug do not update Doom, the update will wipe your save. ***

- Jason

HT = BenQ HT3550 - Sony HW45ES @133" / Marantz SR6013 7.3.4 Atmos / B&K 5000 II amp / Boston VR2/VR12/CR67 speakers / Rythmik 12" x2 / CV 15" / Panasonic UB820 / Toshiba HD-A3
Media Room = Sony 65x930e / Denon x3300 /Klipsch speakers /Velodyne subs /Sony x700 /PS4 Pro + PSVR/WiiU/PS3/360/Wii/ 2080 TI - 9900K PC / Multi-Arcade / Virtual Pinball TRE45ON

Last edited by DaGamePimp; 07-01-2016 at 04:38 PM.
post #183 of 187 Old 07-15-2016, 12:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Got in my new 1440p monitor for my GTX 1080. Its a Dell S2716DG with G-Sync. It is sweeeeeet! Calibrated it with Colormunki Display. Looks great. Previous monitor was a Dell U2415 @1920x1200. I have not had a TN panel in moons. Since they first came out. Have they come a long way. WOW! I did not go with a Asus/Acer IPS G-Sync display because of all the QC complaints. Both also have horrible customer service as well. I was not willing to play the RMA game for a chance to get a good unit.
DaverJ likes this.

Last edited by KoRn; 07-15-2016 at 01:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 187 Old 07-15-2016, 08:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRn View Post
Got in my new 1440p monitor for my GTX 1080. Its a Dell S2716DG with G-Sync. It is sweeeeeet! Calibrated it with Colormunki Display. Looks great. Previous monitor was a Dell U2415 @1920x1200. I have not had a TN panel in moons. Since they first came out. Have they come a long way. WOW! I did not go with a Asus/Acer IPS G-Sync display because of all the QC complaints. Both also have horrible customer service as well. I was not willing to play the RMA game for a chance to get a good unit.
Cool! The 1440p 144hz is a dream. I got the asus panel, but only because it was a refurb and I got it for a couple hundred less than regular. I've had no problems with it though.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #185 of 187 Old 07-17-2016, 09:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

3rd world crisis here. My brand new monitor has developed "drum roll" a dead pixel. And guess where? Right in the middle! Not happy. If it was off to the side or something. No big deal. I could deal with it. Being in the middle. Its a problem. Other wise. It is perfectly fine. I hate to be "that guy" and sound like a total whiner. But, its highly annoying when not gaming. Just using the internet etc. Any thing white or light colors. Its visible and bugs me. Best Buy is being pretty awesome about it. Apologized to me. Which I said you did not have to. Not your fault to the rep and things happen. They are shipping me another brand new one on Monday and I will get it Wednesday. This way I wont have to wait for them to get my bad one and then ship me another. I was quite surprised and thankful they done this for me. Crossing my fingers no issues with the new one. Scared to death it might possibly have a issue. Be way worse off then the one I have. Which is minor. Its just the location of the deal pixel.
post #186 of 187 Old 07-17-2016, 09:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1778 Post(s)
Liked: 4043
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRn View Post
3rd world crisis here. My brand new monitor has developed "drum roll" a dead pixel. And guess where? Right in the middle! Not happy. If it was off to the side or something. No big deal. I could deal with it. Being in the middle. Its a problem. Other wise. It is perfectly fine. I hate to be "that guy" and sound like a total whiner. But, its highly annoying when not gaming. Just using the internet etc. Any thing white or light colors. Its visible and bugs me. Best Buy is being pretty awesome about it. Apologized to me. Which I said you did not have to. Not your fault to the rep and things happen. They are shipping me another brand new one on Monday and I will get it Wednesday. This way I wont have to wait for them to get my bad one and then ship me another. I was quite surprised and thankful they done this for me. Crossing my fingers no issues with the new one. Scared to death it might possibly have a issue. Be way worse off then the one I have. Which is minor. Its just the location of the deal pixel.
Hey @KoRn - sorry to hear about the pixel.

Was it unnoticed before, or did it die after using it for a while?
post #187 of 187 Old 07-17-2016, 10:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
Hey @KoRn - sorry to hear about the pixel.

Was it unnoticed before, or did it die after using it for a while?
First thing I do with any new monitor. Double triple check for any dead or stuck pixels. It was completely clear and fine. This dead pixel developed over the 48-72 hrs of owning it. I have bought and owned my fair share of monitors. This is the first one that developed a dead one right in the middle. I know things happen. But, for a $699 monitor when not on sale. I got it for $479. It really stinks regardless. Bang for the buck wise etc. This monitor is a real gem and fantastic other wise. Love it.
DaverJ likes this.

Last edited by KoRn; 07-17-2016 at 10:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HTPC Gaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page