AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   HTPC Gaming (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/145-htpc-gaming/)
-   -   Xbox One X may go back for 4K PC build (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/145-htpc-gaming/2936750-xbox-one-x-may-go-back-4k-pc-build.html)

turts85 11-25-2017 02:11 PM

Xbox One X may go back for 4K PC build

Soooooo...long story short I am moving into a nice sized condo and need to add some AV equipment and of course (even though I am 32yo now) need to bring along my gaming life lol. I bought the Xbox One X, great great gaming console for the money and much better than my Xbox One S in every possible way.

I have until basically the end of January to return the Xbox One X due to holiday return and I'm EP member there. I was thinking of possibly building my own 4K PC when I eventually pick up a 2018 OLED (either Sony or LG, waiting for CES 2018 in a month and a half :cool:) to hook it up to so I can get full 120fps instead of being limited to 27-29" 4K monitors.

Now obviously you need a 4K graphics card, been eyeing the Nvidia GTX 1080Ti card and using a Samsung SSD. My main question is this: For the xbox one x you can play true 4k games, you buy the physical disc and insert into the 4k Blu Ray player that's installed on the Xbox One X. When building a PC, how do you play 4k Games? I understand not all games are on Steam or PC, such as Madden 18 which is a bummer. With that said...would I need to purchase a 4k Blu Ray Drive player to install into my Tower? Or do you need to purchase just a regular DVD player to install?

I could not find a clear answer on this, all I kept getting was everything you need to play 4k as far as hardware goes but nothing mentioned a physical disc player for 4k physical discs. I searched gamestop for PC games but only come to find Downloadable codes, it doesn't seem anyone sells physical PC gaming discs anymore. Is it all just codes and streaming now? Would the Xbox One X physical discs provide better graphics than a streamed 4k game on Steam?

All in all I would appreciate knowing what exactly I would need to sit down and play a 4k Game through a PC which would be hooked to a 4K TV, not a monitor. I know this would not be cheap to do but would be worth it. Also how often would I need to upgrade? I'm not the richest person here. I bought my XBone S last year and bought the XBone X 8 months later lol.

Thank you.

hoonose1 11-25-2017 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turts85 (Post 55198712)
Soooooo...long story short I am moving into a nice sized condo and need to add some AV equipment and of course (even though I am 32yo now) need to bring along my gaming life lol. I bought the Xbox One X, great great gaming console for the money and much better than my Xbox One S in every possible way.

I have until basically the end of January to return the Xbox One X due to holiday return and I'm EP member there. I was thinking of possibly building my own 4K PC when I eventually pick up a 2018 OLED (either Sony or LG, waiting for CES 2018 in a month and a half :cool:) to hook it up to so I can get full 120fps instead of being limited to 27-29" 4K monitors.

Now obviously you need a 4K graphics card, been eyeing the Nvidia GTX 1080Ti card and using a Samsung SSD. My main question is this: For the xbox one x you can play true 4k games, you buy the physical disc and insert into the 4k Blu Ray player that's installed on the Xbox One X. When building a PC, how do you play 4k Games? I understand not all games are on Steam or PC, such as Madden 18 which is a bummer. With that said...would I need to purchase a 4k Blu Ray Drive player to install into my Tower? Or do you need to purchase just a regular DVD player to install?

I could not find a clear answer on this, all I kept getting was everything you need to play 4k as far as hardware goes but nothing mentioned a physical disc player for 4k physical discs. I searched gamestop for PC games but only come to find Downloadable codes, it doesn't seem anyone sells physical PC gaming discs anymore. Is it all just codes and streaming now? Would the Xbox One X physical discs provide better graphics than a streamed 4k game on Steam?

All in all I would appreciate knowing what exactly I would need to sit down and play a 4k Game through a PC which would be hooked to a 4K TV, not a monitor. I know this would not be cheap to do but would be worth it. Also how often would I need to upgrade? I'm not the richest person here. I bought my XBone S last year and bought the XBone X 8 months later lol.

Thank you.

After floppies, my older games I installed from CD's/DVD's to a hard drive. But these days we download the game and run it from a SSD. I hardly ever use discs or my DVD player anymore. Aside from a tuner, the monitors and TV's are not a whole lot different these days. Unless you want to go 50" or beyond, then I would go OLED TV.

M.L.S. 11-26-2017 01:02 AM

Quote:

I have until basically the end of January to return the Xbox One X due to holiday return and I'm EP member there. I was thinking of possibly building my own 4K PC when I eventually pick up a 2018 OLED (either Sony or LG, waiting for CES 2018 in a month and a half ) to hook it up to so I can get full 120fps instead of being limited to 27-29" 4K monitors.

Thank you.

Download the game and play it; no optical drive needed. When buying an SSD, don't worry about one with NVMe support. I have games installed on regular and NVMe SSDs and there's really no difference in gaming. Just buy the biggest SATA Samsung SSD that you can reasonably afford.

PC games in 4K on a 1080Ti could always be made to look better than the Xbox One X counterpart, albeit sometimes to a small degree. The frame rate can certainly always be significantly better.

Resolutions are selected in the games' option menu, and many older games can be easily modified to run in 4K. When buying a current 4K TV with 1080p/120Hz support, it saves headaches by buying one that offers 120Hz as an official PC option. The LG B7 OLED is one such TV. I personally stay away from OLEDs for the time being, though, as image retention concerns kills it for me.

hoonose1 11-26-2017 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M.L.S. (Post 55200818)
Download the game and play it; no optical drive needed. When buying an SSD, don't worry about one with NVMe support. I have games installed on regular and NVMe SSDs and there's really no difference in gaming. Just buy the biggest SATA Samsung SSD that you can reasonably afford.

PC games in 4K on a 1080Ti could always be made to look better than the Xbox One X counterpart, albeit sometimes to a small degree. The frame rate can certainly always be significantly better.

Resolutions are selected in the games' option menu, and many older games can be easily modified to run in 4K. When buying a current 4K TV with 1080p/120Hz support, it saves headaches by buying one that offers 120Hz as an official PC option. The LG B7 OLED is one such TV. I personally stay away from OLEDs for the time being, though, as image retention concerns kills it for me.

No prob so far with our LG OLED, about 6 months now.

blastermaster 11-26-2017 09:55 AM

@OP,

You are never too old to play video games. I'm way older than you and I still play.

The best thing about having a PC build that you won't get with a console is custom resolution. I have a projector and a 21:9 screen, so playing Gears 4 and Forza 7 on it is amazing. Having that extra real estate on the sides really adds to the immersion. If you're moving to a new place, maybe consider a PJ + screen combo. The PQ can't match a good TV, but it can come close and size matters! ;)

turts85 11-26-2017 10:52 AM

Can someone break down for me exactly what I would need to run, lets say, Assasins Creed Origins at 4K resolution 60-120fps? How many graphics cards would I even need? There are sites that help you build all levels of 4K PCs. I would like to stay in the <1200$ range but that may only get me so far. Im thinking 1500$ is gonna be one beast of a machine.

turts85 11-26-2017 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blastermaster (Post 55202590)
@OP,

You are never too old to play video games. I'm way older than you and I still play.

The best thing about having a PC build that you won't get with a console is custom resolution. I have a projector and a 21:9 screen, so playing Gears 4 and Forza 7 on it is amazing. Having that extra real estate on the sides really adds to the immersion. If you're moving to a new place, maybe consider a PJ + screen combo. The PQ can't match a good TV, but it can come close and size matters! ;)

Thank you my good man. This isn't gonna be till next year most likely so, I have time.

OwnerOfLg 11-26-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turts85 (Post 55202940)
Can someone break down for me exactly what I would need to run, lets say, Assasins Creed Origins at 4K resolution 60-120fps? How many graphics cards would I even need? There are sites that help you build all levels of 4K PCs. I would like to stay in the <1200$ range but that may only get me so far. Im thinking 1500$ is gonna be one beast of a machine.

Even best cards like 1080ti can't run 60fps 4k ultra settings yet, and that card alone is like 800 dollars. So with current cards you would most likely need 1080ti sli to reach over 60fps ultra settings....so the whole build would be atleast 2000-2500. Maybe you can reach it with 1 cards if you can drop some visual settings like high settings instead of ultra. Sli also had a lot of problems...honestly i would just stick with that xbox 1 x...lifes easier that way.

turts85 11-26-2017 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OwnerOfLg (Post 55202974)
Even best cards like 1080ti can't run 60fps 4k ultra settings yet, and that card alone is like 800 dollars. So with current cards you would most likely need 1080ti sli to reach over 60fps ultra settings....so the whole build would be atleast 2000-2500. Maybe you can reach it with 1 cards if you can drop some visual settings like high settings instead of ultra. Sli also had a lot of problems...honestly i would just stick with that xbox 1 x...lifes easier that way.

Yea...I didn't see much difference visually from PC to Xbox One X. I do notice PC is sharper and FR is better, but then your talking a decent 4K build will be at least 2K compared to a XB1X that's 500$.

Weird that what your saying goes against the sites I have been looking at for 4K cards.

OwnerOfLg 11-26-2017 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turts85 (Post 55203098)
Yea...I didn't see much difference visually from PC to Xbox One X. I do notice PC is sharper and FR is better, but then your talking a decent 4K build will be at least 2K compared to a XB1X that's 500$.

Weird that what your saying goes against the sites I have been looking at for 4K cards.

It depends a lot of game...i imagine assasins creed origins is demanding graphically.See this site for example https://segmentnext.com/2017/10/27/a...ns-benchmarks/. And you want 4k over 60fps...seems you need sli build for that for ultra settings so count ...even the 2 cards are almost 2000. I've built gaming pc once but i play mostly ps 4 pro now...easier. Then there is the fact games are optimized for consoles, ports are often little problematic on pc.

turts85 11-26-2017 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OwnerOfLg (Post 55203172)
It depends a lot of game...i imagine assasins creed origins is demanding graphically.See this site for example https://segmentnext.com/2017/10/27/a...ns-benchmarks/. And you want 4k over 60fps...seems you need sli build for that for ultra settings so count ...even the 2 cards are almost 2000. I've built gaming pc once but i play mostly ps 4 pro now...easier. Then there is the fact games are optimized for consoles, ports are often little problematic on pc.

I have done some comparisons of building my own and buying from a site that builds a custom PC for you. I am on Origins.com and AVAdirect.com at the moment. Checked out fxcustompc.com as well. Wondering what you guys would suggest for sites as far as having someone build the custom PC for me since the price difference of doing it myself isn't much.

AnalogHD 11-26-2017 12:12 PM

Quote:

I was thinking of possibly building my own 4K PC when I eventually pick up a 2018 OLED (either Sony or LG, waiting for CES 2018 in a month and a half :cool:) to hook it up to so I can get full 120fps instead of being limited to 27-29" 4K monitors. Now obviously you need a 4K graphics card, been eyeing the Nvidia GTX 1080Ti card and using a Samsung SSD.

It's unlikely that a single 1080Ti will do [email protected], except in the least demanding games (oldies, indies). I have them in SLI and not all games deliver 60 fps (max for 2017 tvs), but it's generally sufficient. Also, no guarantee that 2018 models will come with HDMI 2.1.

That said, if they do, it will help just for smoother framerate smoothing

Quote:

My main question is this: For the xbox one x you can play true 4k games, you buy the physical disc and insert into the 4k Blu Ray player that's installed on the Xbox One X. When building a PC, how do you play 4k Games?

There's no specific "4K games" on PC - any game can run in any resolution (with some exceptions). They'll differ in framerate delivered.

On SSD: I would go further and say just buy one of the lowest price/GB SSD. All modern SSD perform very well and you won't notice the difference. Size, on the other hand, matters - games have gotten huge.
Right now such a SSD would be found here: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/in...pgb&t=0&page=1

All in all, Crucial MX300 1050 GB is really the SSD to buy today. It offers enough capacity for a few large games, good performance and a good price.

Its M.2 form factor is a blessing and a curse, though: it's smaller, it can be moved to a thin laptop later, but, on mobos with just one M.2, it will limit expansion to a NVMe SSD. Currently NVMe drives aren't worth the premium, but in a few years, they might cost just a few bucks more. The best solution is just to get a mobo with more than one M.2.

M.L.S. 11-26-2017 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turts85 (Post 55203098)

The 1080 Ti will render some newer games at a consistent 60fps in 4K with max settings, while it will struggle with others. At least with the PC you have the choice to lower some graphics settings with mostly negligible visual impact but big performance gains. With the Xbox One X, you are often stuck with a mere 30fps at 4K. I would take the PC every time despite the increased cost.

The problem with any current gaming platform is that GPU power simply isn't optimal yet for high-end 4K gaming, and SLI is indeed too sloppy of an implementation now to satisfactorily brute force an ideal 4K rig.

OwnerOfLg 11-26-2017 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turts85 (Post 55203408)
I have done some comparisons of building my own and buying from a site that builds a custom PC for you. I am on Origins.com and AVAdirect.com at the moment. Checked out fxcustompc.com as well. Wondering what you guys would suggest for sites as far as having someone build the custom PC for me since the price difference of doing it myself isn't much.

People seem to use a lot pcpartpicker.com. Also if you want to learn about building and have Facebook, there are useful groups there like pc builders forum where you can get some advice. It would be good to build it yourself same time you learn to maintain and upgrade it without having someone else do it everytime you need it.

hoonose1 11-26-2017 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M.L.S. (Post 55203444)
The 1080 Ti will render some newer games at a consistent 60fps in 4K with max settings, while it will struggle with others. At least with the PC you have the choice to lower some graphics settings with mostly negligible visual impact but big performance gains. With the Xbox One X, you are often stuck with a mere 30fps at 4K. I would take the PC every time despite the increased cost.

The problem with any current gaming platform is that GPU power simply isn't optimal yet for high-end 4K gaming, and SLI is indeed too sloppy of an implementation now to satisfactorily brute force an ideal 4K rig.

What games can't I do real nice @60 fps and 4K?

7700K @ 5GHz
1080Ti @ 2000/6000
16 GB @ 3600

I'd like to check them out.

M.L.S. 11-26-2017 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoonose1 (Post 55204700)
What games can't I do real nice @60 fps and 4K?

7700K @ 5GHz
1080Ti @ 2000/6000
16 GB @ 3600

I'd like to check them out.

Rise of the Tomb Raider, GTA V, The Division, Crysis 3, Ghost Recon Wildlands... Benchmark charts may show averages at or above 60fps, but they don't explain the minimums and dips experienced through actual gameplay.

It largely depends on how you define "real nice." My definition is liquid smooth gameplay throughout almost the entire session. Sure, you can lower settings to make them more playable, but the point is that there isn't much headroom for future games at 4K. If cost is not much of an issue, then people should by all means get a 1080Ti right now for 4K gaming.

hoonose1 11-27-2017 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M.L.S. (Post 55206740)
Rise of the Tomb Raider, GTA V, The Division, Crysis 3, Ghost Recon Wildlands... Benchmark charts may show averages at or above 60fps, but they don't explain the minimums and dips experienced through actual gameplay.

It largely depends on how you define "real nice." My definition is liquid smooth gameplay throughout almost the entire session. Sure, you can lower settings to make them more playable, but the point is that there isn't much headroom for future games at 4K. If cost is not much of an issue, then people should by all means get a 1080Ti right now for 4K gaming.

Crysis 3 ran really really smooth and nice, but you're right that the FPS dipped below 60 at times.

M.L.S. 11-27-2017 10:16 AM

I should note that I am a big believer in 4K gaming. I just think that 2018 will likely be the true start of high-end GPUs chewing up that resolution with ease. Xbox One X is not a bad way to bridge the gap for those on a more modest budget and don't mind 30fps performance.

turts85 11-27-2017 05:10 PM

Guess I should word it like this:

-if I build or buy a PC...I would want something that is above the Xbox One X giving the same resolutions or a 1080p setup that looks better than the Xbox One X in 4K.
-want it to be able to hook to a OLED at some point so HDMI is a must. Not sure how that works.
-was looking at the Alienware Aurora R6 or new R7 that can be easily upgradebale without any hassle to whatever graphics card for future use. And my understanding is the R7 can output 4K at 60fps.

So what I’m looking for is a PC whether to build or buy that offers what m Xbox One X does as far as FPS and resolution but doesn’t cost 3x as much to do it.
Any suggestions for a midrange build that would give a Xbox One X a big run for its money and is under 1200$

M.L.S. 11-27-2017 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turts85 (Post 55212274)
Guess I should word it like this:

-if I build or buy a PC...I would want something that is above the Xbox One X giving the same resolutions or a 1080p setup that looks better than the Xbox One X in 4K.
-want it to be able to hook to a OLED at some point so HDMI is a must. Not sure how that works.
-was looking at the Alienware Aurora R6 or new R7 that can be easily upgradebale without any hassle to whatever graphics card for future use. And my understanding is the R7 can output 4K at 60fps.

So what I’m looking for is a PC whether to build or buy that offers what m Xbox One X does as far as FPS and resolution but doesn’t cost 3x as much to do it.
Any suggestions for a midrange build that would give a Xbox One X a big run for its money and is under 1200$

A GTX 1070 Ti is all you need for perfect 1080p gaming at ~120fps, or very good 1440p gaming. A lot of older games will run well at 4K. Although visual fidelity is much less, playing some newer games at 1080p and high frame-rate has its benefits in overall feel as compared to 4K at 60fps or less. As for HDMI to your TV, don't worry as the graphics card and its drivers handle that well.

Here's one powerful system that you could build at around your price point: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MGc8LD

turts85 11-28-2017 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M.L.S. (Post 55213876)
A GTX 1070 Ti is all you need for perfect 1080p gaming at ~120fps, or very good 1440p gaming. A lot of older games will run well at 4K. Although visual fidelity is much less, playing some newer games at 1080p and high frame-rate has its benefits in overall feel as compared to 4K at 60fps or less. As for HDMI to your TV, don't worry as the graphics card and its drivers handle that well.

Here's one powerful system that you could build at around your price point: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MGc8LD

Would you take [email protected] from an Xbox One X that can do everything in one...or PC at [email protected]? Or would you take a XBX that does [email protected] over a PC that can do [email protected]

M.L.S. 11-28-2017 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turts85 (Post 55218224)
Would you take [email protected] from an Xbox One X that can do everything in one...or PC at [email protected]? Or would you take a XBX that does [email protected] over a PC that can do [email protected]

I would, and do, take a PC over an Xbox One X. I play many games in 21:9 (2560x1080) at 100+ fps, so my current interests probably differ from yours. I look forward to the day when large 21:9 displays with 4K resolution and high refresh are available. A lot of games benefit greatly from the extra immersion offered by the wider aspect ratio.

turts85 11-29-2017 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M.L.S. (Post 55221656)
I would, and do, take a PC over an Xbox One X. I play many games in 21:9 (2560x1080) at 100+ fps, so my current interests probably differ from yours. I look forward to the day when large 21:9 displays with 4K resolution and high refresh are available. A lot of games benefit greatly from the extra immersion offered by the wider aspect ratio.

For my price range of 1200$ I can build a very good 4k PC for gaming that sustains a 30fps for 4k games but can beat out [email protected] or 100fps no probs. Was looking at a 4K monitor today at BB, its 400$ but only 60hz. kinda sad. But mineis being connected to an AVR then to a TV sooooo...mute point I guess.

What would I need to run games a consistent [email protected]? I know the card wont be cheap but what if I bought 2 regular 1080 cards, that's should do it..no?

Also, I enjoy playing online games like COD or Madden (which is not on PC) but is there a way I can still play with my Xbox live friends through PC for games like COD WW2?

blastermaster 11-29-2017 04:48 PM

The other thing I like about PC gaming is you don't get the proprietary hardware accessories that need to get replaced every generation like you do with a console. I'm still rockin' my Logitech G27 and my old xbox 360 wireless controller. In the end, it saves a lot of money, as well as Steam Sales are ridiculous, so even if you pay more for a PC up front, you win in the end, especially if you game a lot. Run-on sentence ftw!

OwnerOfLg 11-30-2017 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blastermaster (Post 55227906)
The other thing I like about PC gaming is you don't get the proprietary hardware accessories that need to get replaced every generation like you do with a console. I'm still rockin' my Logitech G27 and my old xbox 360 wireless controller. In the end, it saves a lot of money, as well as Steam Sales are ridiculous, so even if you pay more for a PC up front, you win in the end, especially if you game a lot. Run-on sentence ftw!

Yep it indeed saves a lot of money having to do those endless computer upgrades, always new graphics card when nvidia decides to publish one etc. Im not saying all do this but many enthusiast do.

Graff Vynda-K 11-30-2017 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OwnerOfLg (Post 55230668)
Yep it indeed saves a lot of money having to do those endless computer upgrades, always new graphics card when nvidia decides to publish one etc. Im not saying all do this but many enthusiast do.

I agree with the earlier point about accessories, but as a general rule - anyone who promotes PC gaming as a way to save money as compared to console gaming must have unbelievable self-control. :) You'd have to buy a whole lot of cheap Steam games to compensate for the hardware costs.

blastermaster 11-30-2017 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graff Vynda-K (Post 55231208)
I agree with the earlier point about accessories, but as a general rule - anyone who promotes PC gaming as a way to save money as compared to console gaming must have unbelievable self-control. :) You'd have to buy a whole lot of cheap Steam games to compensate for the hardware costs.

If you're into racing games and you have to buy a new wheel each generation, it wouldn't take long to add up. But I agree it would take a lot of games as well, but over a five year period...that's potentially a lot of games. If you need to be at the bleeding edge of technology you won't save at all going PC, but I'm doing just fine with my 970 card. I can't run everything at max, but it still looks pretty phenomenal to me even on a 138" screen.

Graff Vynda-K 11-30-2017 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blastermaster (Post 55232606)
If you're into racing games and you have to buy a new wheel each generation, it wouldn't take long to add up. But I agree it would take a lot of games as well, but over a five year period...that's potentially a lot of games. If you need to be at the bleeding edge of technology you won't save at all going PC, but I'm doing just fine with my 970 card. I can't run everything at max, but it still looks pretty phenomenal to me even on a 138" screen.

Yep, for sure. I'm still rocking my 980, though now that I've got a 4K tv I'm starting to get that desire to upgrade. The thing is, in the grand scheme of things video-gaming is relatively inexpensive when compared to most other hobbies - even if you're at the high-end of PC gaming and upgrading regularly. Not sure my wife buys this argument, but I'm working on it.

hoonose1 11-30-2017 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graff Vynda-K (Post 55233088)
Yep, for sure. I'm still rocking my 980, though now that I've got a 4K tv I'm starting to get that desire to upgrade. The thing is, in the grand scheme of things video-gaming is relatively inexpensive when compared to most other hobbies - even if you're at the high-end of PC gaming and upgrading regularly. Not sure my wife buys this argument, but I'm working on it.

No cheaper per hour entertainment than my PC games. Cost less than $2K maybe every 5 years or so. Thousands of hours of fun, non-productive distraction.

barrelbelly 11-30-2017 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graff Vynda-K (Post 55231208)

I think you, the OP and owneroflg may be overlooking the point a bit. PC and console gaming are two totally different animals...driven by different needs and expectations. For example: PC gaming is literally a "no compromise" war between hardware and software developers...that gamers enjoy being squarely in the middle of. The war is waged on the grounds of hardware devs overpowering the software...and software devs overpowering the capacity of the hw. The gamer gets to mass optimize, tweak and perfect the games and hw to his own satisfaction. Gamers know that obsolescence, patience, price drops and time are actually their best friends in that war. And they know how to time purchases between cycle changes to their advantage.

Console gaming is a pre negotiated, mass market compromise between game developers and hardware developers to mass customize a standardized package of tools to enjoy & experience breathtaking games in a mass social environment. The widest range of gamers win in their compromise because pricing/cost is mass customized within their gaming model based upon a unified architecture & ecosystem. In other words cheaper than PC doesn't translate to inferior console experiences because a completely different set of preferences are being addressed. I personally love to game on both platforms. Console...because I can set and forget...and the compromises are good enough...so that the difference doesn't really make a difference to me. On the other side...when I want nosebleed level performance from the widest assortment of software...PC gamin is by far, my huckleberry. With the excellence of today's UHD displays, I actually track about 60% PC to 40% console gaming. And I enjoy both platforms...with genre preferences in each.