AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 512
Halo MCC PC

NEWS FLASH:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/976...65452632117404

This series is launching on PC on Dec 3, 2019 with HALO REACH. How many are going to take the plunge? I am extremely curious...but already own every single Halo game (primarily the XBox360 versions). So I am tempted to spring for the full enhanced collection for PC. I'm unsure though whether I'll buy it on Steam or for Xbox Windows PC.
NewAger likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-16-2019, 01:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Will buy at some point. The first Halo is all I really want, but I haven't played the series much beyond the second game and might be pleasantly surprised by the others.
post #3 of 9 Old 11-16-2019, 03:37 PM
Yrd
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
Liked: 538
Reach was pretty good, I didnt care for any others after the first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 11-16-2019, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAger View Post
Will buy at some point. The first Halo is all I really want, but I haven't played the series much beyond the second game and might be pleasantly surprised by the others.

My favorite Halo's were #'s 2, 3, ODST, Reach and #1 (in that order). I liked #1 a ton. But I played it years ago without benefit of the Reach backstory. I thought #4 was off centered and MEH. And it probably is the reason I haven't played #5 . Even though I will eventually get around to it to complete the series. I am actually playing Reach on Xbox 360 with my 7 yr old grandson in coop mode...and enjoying the heck out of it. We are in the final chapter. And he has become quite the little warrior.
post #5 of 9 Old 11-19-2019, 06:23 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Halos were great FPS's................for consoles. To me they are merely average to below average on a PC where there is a metric ton more competition. But some people love those games.

Halo is the first game on a console that got the controls reasonably right, prior to the first Halo game all the ones on PS2 and PS1 had mouse-controls ported to twin sticks and the games never took into account any kind of auto-aim or "making sure the characters in the game moved in a way that wasn't so quick that twin-stick users could adapt", they were awkward and frustrating and reviews at the time mentioned that...Halo they figured out how to make the characters on screen move slower but still have evasive moves (dives and such) so they weren't just cannon fodder, they gave them shields and such so you didn't have to do as much thumbwork. I recall that point vividly, going "Damn this shooter looks really good and actually works on a console", probably why Halo was a game I played all the way through.

But with like 4 guns worth using and a bunch of 'alien guns' that I absolutely hated, it missed the mark for me in the end.
NewAger likes this.

Xbox Live / PS3 / Steam: HeadRusch1
Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

post #6 of 9 Old 11-19-2019, 06:54 PM
Yrd
AVS Forum Special Member

Halo 1 in a Lan party was awesome. Only managed to get that set up one time, but it was amazing.
NewAger likes this.
post #7 of 9 Old 11-20-2019, 05:58 AM

Before Halo, the only console-only FPS games worth playing for a hardcore PC gamer were GoldenEye and Perfect Dark. However, as already mentioned, Halo was the first to have a decent control scheme and framerate. Its level design, audio and graphics melded into a truly evolved product.
HeadRusch and barrelbelly like this.
post #8 of 9 Old 11-20-2019, 08:38 AM
Yrd
AVS Forum Special Member

I dont know how anyone played and enjoyed goldeneye. Anyone that had come from pc fps games first. It was horrible. It was the n64 controller right? That thing was horrible for every game. I played goldeneye once and never again.
post #9 of 9 Old 11-20-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
I dont know how anyone played and enjoyed goldeneye. Anyone that had come from pc fps games first. It was horrible. It was the n64 controller right? That thing was horrible for every game. I played goldeneye once and never again.
The multiplayer was extremely fun and the campaign was well done. Yes, it was on N64 and the controls were awkward, but that was mostly forgiven.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HTPC Gaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page