Game Remake & Do Over Thread "Whatcha Want? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes
  • 1 Post By barrelbelly
  • 1 Post By Falonious
  • 2 Post By NewAger
  • 2 Post By DaverJ
  • 1 Post By barrelbelly

post #1 of 5 Old 04-04-2020, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked: 524
Game Remake & Do Over Thread "Whatcha Want?

This is as good time as any to do a wish list of our favorites. Because we are at the dawn of a new generation of spectacular consoles...along with unprecedented (bleeding edge) new Gaming PC technologies (including VR). IMO...Game developers are needlessly frustrating and fighting against themselves in looking for the "next big it" IP. "It" is already out there...as Nintendo has wisely exploited for decades with imaginative reinterpretations of Zelda, Link, Mario Bros and other favorites. And Xbox has done the same with Halo. All the big AAA devs really need to do to hook in us oldsters...and rope in the newbie youngsters is reimagine and give us our favorites...dressed us to exploit the new tech with added storylines and plot twists. Forget about the plotline "canon" crowd that limits their imaginations (and force their creativity into a developmental straight jackets. Just blow ahead with new surprises and new plot twists/angles.

Number one on my wish list is the Mass Effect Trilogy. A "non" classic remake needs to balance all of the ME episodes (1-3 with all DLC included) into the game engine mechanics of ME2 or ME3. But make them literally all play the same (from combat-exploration-problem solving-dialogue & decision making-combat-etc). As stated...integrate DLC into mission options. Add a parallel new mission (between ME1-ME2) in the story that plots start up activity with the Andromeda initiative (since its genesis was Milky Way). Then culminate that mission into the Citadel DLC mission in ME3...leaving the possibility that Clone Shepard was rescued by Miranda; restored & survived. And both stowed away on the Quarian Ark headed to Andromeda. That would leave all kind of possible new episodes, plotlines, game twists to pursue in the Mass Effect saga (including Andromeda). So the entirely new (ME5) IP would be Andromeda, beginning with solving the Quarian Ark mystery (within a bigger mystery). That kind of reboot would encourage me and practically all (IMO) to revisit the Core ME Trilogy. While it would be a completely new adventure for the newbies. Please indulge us with your top choice or list for a remake or creative do over.

https://www.techradar.com/news/mass-...sed-by-bioware
NewAger likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-04-2020, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 136
I guess I don't have any real requests other than what is released, when it's released, be it Xbox or PS or any game for that matter.....just work! No "not ready for prime time" releases.

Just make your junk work before letting get to us...JQPublic....we are not beta testers.
barrelbelly likes this.

All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
T. E. Lawrence
post #3 of 5 Old 04-04-2020, 07:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Ninja Gaiden (Xbox version) – Bigger, better and badasser.

Metal Gear Solid – A standalone reimagined reboot with a tighter story.

Knights of the Old Republic series – Maintaining the storyline, characters and base RPG system, along with Fallen Order style visuals.

Blast Corps. – Among the best of challenge-based games, updated with modern visuals and sound.

Dino Crisis – Capcom knows how to do this.

Resident Evil 1, 4, 5, 6 and Code: Veronica – Done just like the 2 and 3 remakes.

F-Zero – Create a tremendous sense of speed with realistic graphics.
barrelbelly and DaverJ like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-05-2020, 11:43 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2070 Post(s)
Liked: 4261
Oh, F-zero... I also want some modern-day good ol' fashioned arcade racers, ala Burnout and the Rush series. Also, some more dungeon crawlers - Darksiders Genesis is a good recent example.
barrelbelly and NewAger like this.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-05-2020, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
Oh, F-zero... I also want some modern-day good ol' fashioned arcade racers, ala Burnout and the Rush series. Also, some more dungeon crawlers - Darksiders Genesis is a good recent example.
I am up for the entire Darksider's franchise. I am a huge fan. Those games are so beautiful as is, I'm sure any improvement would put them in the epic category. I absolutely love the series! I know this one will sound cheesy but: One of my favorite old games was a beautiful Xbox 360 title named Kameo. That one could definitely be improved and upgraded in a way that would make it a superb XB Series X launch title and Win 10 PC port.
DaverJ likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HTPC Gaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page